• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Elios83

Just done the initial music rally challenges.
Omg the music, graphics but the real star is the Dualsense implementation :goog_eek:
You can really feel how the car is responding and if you're driving badly you can already understand it from the haptic feedback.
This is the best implementation since Astrobot.

benzy

Sometimes. Most of the time it looks just okay. A lot was scarified in terms of environments to achieve such striking looking cars.

I mean the tracks are mostly still ported straight from GTSport but refined in material work and some other details along with dynamic lighting and weather, but that's besides the point regarding your original statement that gifs looks better than the game on a big screen oled, which isn't true. The gifs don't add anything over the already nice image quality of the game (native 4k + taa) and it's not like any poor textures would be noticeable with the motion blur and speeds you're traveling. You can make gifs of bad looking spots with poor lighting choice or do the opposite, the game looks the same while playing on your TV either way.

AkSEo2X.jpg

Last edited:
How much worse does the game look on this video vs the actual game running on an OLED?

Watching that YouTube video on my TV makes it look like a PS3 game.
Played the game yesterday on my OLED with ambilight. Game looks amazing

I don't know what you are talking about.

Game looking like a PS3 Game?? Dude what are you smoking??
33bd92271-mr-bean-too-easy.gif

Last edited:

Neofire

Played the game yesterday on my OLED with ambilight. Game looks amazing

I don't know what you are talking about.

Game looking like a PS3 Game?? Dude what are you smoking??
33bd92271-mr-bean-too-easy.gif
Some people are just trolling, "oh it looks like a ps3 game on the ps5 because of the ps4" or shit like "only a PC version will do the GT7 justice"

If a certain individual doesn't like how the game looks don't buy it and keep it moving lol.

Last edited:

Raven117

Just stopping in to say damn this game is awesome. Such a cool experience and one of the biggest love letters to car culture out there.

Everything about it oozes style. And while I have a wheel and pedals (which is great) it all feels great on a controller as well.

This is just a real treat.

(But, shameless plug for a game I also love .Asseto Corso Competizone is more of a pure sim….it’s cheap now with a free upgrade for PS5. If you can drive quick in ACC you will be quick on GT as it seems to be a bit more forgiving on the physics front).

LostDonkey

Just done a few races for the cafe Menu and as I've gone back to the main screen the game has hung, with the GT logo in the bottom corner, no inputs registered for over 10 minutes it hung. Closed game and reloaded to all that progress lost. Beware guys.

Unknown?

Finally got to try it yesterday. Game looks amazing and Trial Mountain is a real looker with all the pine trees! Probably the best looking track and the environments look way better than anything on Sport.

I found it pretty excellent, I reckon with practice I could get better than the stick. Try slowing your movements down.
Yeah I jumped the gun, for some reason my first few races the sensitivity was absolutely fucked and it was nearly impossible to drive. It's working now like it did in Sport, which was incredible. You will definitely get way better than with the stick, and personally even if I wasn't as good I would still use it because it just feels way better to play like that.

Brute

I’ve not really enjoyed a GT game since GT3 and this is so addicting, I’m having a great time.

I’ve turned down the BGM to 0 and listen to podcasts whilst playing, it’s really chill.

One thing that annoys me are the PlayStation fanboys on Twitter, who are the absolute worst, going crazy about how “Amazing this game looks on PS5”

Am I missing something? Looks like a PS4 game with 60 fps. Forza 7 looks better and that game is 5 years old.

Gameplay is so good though that I’m happy I decided to buy it. I’m probably in the minority but I love the Café and the super chill guy there telling me about cars and shit.

9/10 - The best GT since GT3.

Unknown?

I’ve not really enjoyed a GT game since GT3 and this is so addicting, I’m having a great time.

I’ve turned down the BGM to 0 and listen to podcasts whilst playing, it’s really chill.

One thing that annoys me are the PlayStation fanboys on Twitter, who are the absolute worst, going crazy about how “Amazing this game looks on PS5”

Am I missing something? Looks like a PS4 game with 60 fps. Forza 7 looks better and that game is 5 years old.

Gameplay is so good though that I’m happy I decided to buy it. I’m probably in the minority but I love the Café and the super chill guy there telling me about cars and shit.

PS4 version already was 60 fps and DF comparison between Sport and Forza 7 gave the edge to sport for better lighting so that already looked better and this looks better than that.

The realistic thing is unless they are side by side an untrained eye(95% of people) won't see any big differences because Forza 7 and GT Sport already looked so good.

I'm loving it so far but I hope they bring back the cone markers like you had in GTS. This was a good subtle way to let you now when to brake.
Really like the graphics, sound, campaign and the no load times. Think I'm going to play this for a while...

R6Rider

Gold Member
fucking final B license test, can barely shave more time off. Gold is eluding me but I feel like it should be easy
That one was tough for me. Finally nailed the hairpin turn and got a better line through the next section. I got a really good time then seemingly got worse the next 15 tries or so.

DarkestHour

Banned
You’ve taken this too personally.

I literally said it looks awful in the IGN review video and was asking how representative that video was of actual in game footage.

Game looks good, but for supposedly being native 4K, there is a crazy amount of aliasing going on. For example, the awards for winning a race look like shit. It's not a huge graphics change over GT Sport to me at all. Photo mode and replays? Sure. Gameplay? There's some improvements, but nothing crazy.

Thankfully, the game is a lot of fun to play and I'd rather have 60 FPS instead of graphics that push it too much.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

GT Sport looked really good already. And GT isn't a game with lots of stuff happening on screen, its mostly a circuit racer. So it can look a bit dry at times. They likely imported stuff from GTS as well.

I think its fine, it looks sharp, it runs well, loads fast. Its feature packed and has that gotta catch em all vibe going on again which was the biggest problem gamers had with GTS.

DJ12

If anyone wants to add me feel free to do so. I won't really play online, but it'll be good to see how my times compare to the rest of you.

My psn is surprisingly DJ12. Put gaf or gt7 on it somewhere else I'll probably not add you.

Last edited:

Radioskugga

If anyone wants to add me feel free to do so. I won't really play online, but it'll be good to see how my times compare to the rest of you.

My psn is surprisingly DJ12. Put gaf or gt7 on it somewhere else I'll probably not add you.

I'll add you right now. :)

Edit: Can't send the friend request due to this player's privacy setting,

Last edited:

Forza 7 doesn't look better. At least not on my xb1x. Maybe it does on PC but I doubt it. Forza Horizon 5 on PC?? Yeah

no, I don't know why I'm using bold font

protonion

Some of my fondest gaming memories are the Gran Turismo summers during my teens.

Gt7 has floored me. This is the GT sequel I waited for almost 20 years.
The intro is perfect. Non stop chills when the moon over castle kicked in.

The campaign is crafted with so much love.
The car dealer has dialogue for every car he sells. The woman at the cafe comments the car you currently drive. This is awesome. It's like playing an rpg.

And these instant load times...

For me this is a 10/10 and Sony's greatest first party game ever.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Are there any quality videos out there on how to "Git Good" at GT7 assuming no wheel?

Having difficulty getting gold levels on the license tests for cornering. Just seems like I'm not breaking and turning corners effectively.

SLB1904

Banned
This is a damn good Gran Turismo game. Played all night and I almost couldn't stop. :)
I have 65 cars, at Collectors lvl 18, driven about 1000km. 20 trophies so far.

Edit: Feel free to add me for races and comparisons, my PSN Id is Patashnic.
Yep. So many things to do.
Also is so hard to drive this cars compared to gt sport

Aenima

Its been years since playing any GT game, Me trying to drift my real life car, Genesis G70

You are using controller or wheel? That was a pretty nice run. In GT Sport as much as i like drifting, i just suck at it using the controller. Still havent tried drifting in GT7.

Just unlocked the scapes mode took a look at it, it seems they added some new stuff i dont remember seeing in GT Sport. Now we can add some particles to the cars, like water droplets, oil stains, dirt, even some levels of visual damage like scratches and dents, and damage to the tires and rims as wheel. For now im gonna focus in collecting and tunning my cars, but i fear the amount of hours im gonna spend in Scapes mode taking pics of my rides.

For now just took one photo.

d51805a2c6652281a4342141d7023c50_photo.webp

Last edited:

unclbenn

so gt7 just killed my ps5. i deleted some games to make space for it, popped in the disk and let it copy. when it was done i clicked on the game to get started and the ps5 just turned off, i go to turn it back on and it just hangs on the playstation logo then the screen goes black. anyone experience anything like this before?

Aenima

so gt7 just killed my ps5. i deleted some games to make space for it, popped in the disk and let it copy. when it was done i clicked on the game to get started and the ps5 just turned off, i go to turn it back on and it just hangs on the playstation logo then the screen goes black. anyone experience anything like this before?
Never experienced something like that, but try doing a rebuild database.

How do I Rebuild the PlayStation 5 Database?
  1. Turn off your console by pressing the power button. ...
  2. Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again.
  3. Release it after you hear the second beep. ...
  4. Connect the controller with the USB cable.
  5. Press the PlayStation button on the controller.
  6. Select Rebuild Database.

kikii

Gold Member
i havent but u could try >>>

Last edited:

unclbenn

Never experienced something like that, but try doing a rebuild database.

How do I Rebuild the PlayStation 5 Database?
  1. Turn off your console by pressing the power button. ...
  2. Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again.
  3. Release it after you hear the second beep. ...
  4. Connect the controller with the USB cable.
  5. Press the PlayStation button on the controller.
  6. Select Rebuild Database.
thank you, i just tried this and i got it into safe mode, selected rebuild database and then it just did the same thing. booted up to the playstation logo, hangs for 15 seconds and then the screen turns black.

kikii

Gold Member
thank you, i just tried this and i got it into safe mode, selected rebuild database and then it just did the same thing. booted up to the playstation logo, hangs for 15 seconds and then the screen turns black.
dont know if that haelps>>

Last edited:

Aenima

Maybe you need to do a factory reset, also booting in safe mode 1st. If its not hardware related.
You can try one more thing i can think of. Just turn off the console and unplug the power cable, wait a few minutes then plug it again and see if goes forward.

Is actually in the article kikii kikii shared

Solution 7: Hard Reset Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Black Screen On Startup​

This solution has worked for many users in fixing the PS5 Black Screen.

Just follow the steps:

1. Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
  3. Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
  4. Plugin the power brick back and wait for some seconds.
  5. Turn your PS5 ON again to check if the PS5 Black Screen is fixed.

Last edited:
You are using controller or wheel? That was a pretty nice run. In GT Sport as much as i like drifting, i just suck at it using the controller. Still havent tried drifting in GT7.
Thanks, that was only my 1st hour trying to drift. Im using the analog sticks on the standard ps4 controller. The physics feels like GT6

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
This game is fucking addictive.

Btw, anyone finding the wheel integration a bit clunky?

For example, when I want to scroll down the car info I can't. Basically I have to grab the controller to read the rest of the text.

Last edited:

unclbenn

Maybe you need to do a factory reset, also booting in safe mode 1st. If its not hardware related.
You can try one more thing i can think of. Just turn off the console and unplug the power cable, wait a few minutes then plug it again and see if goes forward.

Is actually in the article kikii kikii shared

Solution 7: Hard Reset Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Black Screen On Startup​

This solution has worked for many users in fixing the PS5 Black Screen.

Just follow the steps:

1. Tap and Hold the power button on the console for at least 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
  2. Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
  3. Now Press and hold the power button several times until there’s no remaining power which will clean all the cache and drain the PS5 from any current.
  4. Plugin the power brick back and wait for some seconds.
  5. Turn your PS5 ON again to check if the PS5 Black Screen is fixed.
so i did the factory reset and its working again but now its not connecting to the internet.

J3nga

Local co-op is such a dog shit, like an alpha version or something, you get few cars and 2nd controller couldn't even customize the assists.

Top Bottom