• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
260eddx.jpg

im sorry GAF, i was bored.

HolyStar

Banned
bishoptl said:
Saint's Row is still unoriginal tosh.

Eh. I have played it for a while. It is fun, it ain't the best thing ever, but it is a good game to play waiting for GTAIV, if only to see how much better it is than SR. Only reason I never played it before now is because Xplay gave it a 3 out of 5 so I thought it was just some average shooter.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
MMaRsu said:
What is your problem with Saint's Row by the way? You're allways 'bashing' it.
It's a decent game, and alot of people enjoyed it.
It's fun as hell - if you avoid the storyline like nuclear waste - but that doesn't mean that photocopying the GTA 3 manual for a design doc somehow scores you points, or should be ignored. :lol Deal with it.

aztrex said:
He also hates Red Faction.
The first one was quite good!

WrikaWrek said:
like a bad john cena movie.
YES THAT'S IT. Like you're in my head or something.

bishoptl said:
It's fun as hell - if you avoid the storyline like nuclear waste - but that doesn't mean that photocopying the GTA 3 manual for a design doc somehow scores you points, or should be ignored. :lol Deal with it.

The first one was quite good!

YES THAT'S IT. Like you're in my head or something.

OMG Bish quoted me! lol

Nobody plays Saint's Row for the story, unlike GTA games. At least the GTA games have compelling storylines and characters interspersed throughout the hooker killing and gang violence. Saint's Row was their first entry into the genre, and they pulled it off quite well considering what it had going against it (expectations, technological hurdles, initial investment, new IP, etc.)

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
So are we going to get new media footage soon of this game or was the last stuff it!?!? Buying the game either way but would like to see this running on the good old PStriple for confidence.

newsguy

My buddy who manages a GS pre-ordered and guaranteed me a copy. I will be there monday at midnight. I got that tuesday off 2 1/2 months in advance. There's no stopping the hype train.

newsguy said:
My buddy who manages a GS pre-ordered and guaranteed me a copy. I will be there monday at midnight. I got that tuesday off 2 1/2 months in advance. There's no stopping the hype train.

Im taking a fucking week off when this shit drops. There is no stopping the Brown Streak Hype Train.

Mindlog

No needs to worry, both versions will be great :D

I've played the previous GTAs on PC, can't wait to play it on a console at the same time everybody else is. The fact that I'll be playing it at the same time the series finally gets multiplayer is beyond fantastic:D

I'm riding the bullet hype train on the outside with vacuum cups :D

I love sandbox and thank god for the GTA series pushing it to the forefront.

So i finally read through the OP, and it seems like they are putting a really fresh spin on the way the game works. Moving away from the arcadey roots and into new territory. I think i might give this one a shot. The last GTA i played extensively was 1, and ive recently dabbled in vice city because it was 10 bucks on steam, mostly for the soundtrack.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Elbrain said:
Buying the game either way but would like to see this running on the good old PStriple for confidence.

Didn't PSM or someone already play a little just recently. I believe they said everything was just the same as the 360 version.

dejay

Banned
aztrex said:
Im taking a fucking week off when this shit drops. There is no stopping the Brown Streak Hype Train.

I was actually going to take a week or two off on release day, but I got a promotion at work and won't be taking holidays for a while because of it. When VC and SA dropped I took a week or two off for both titles.

One of my first thoughts upon getting my promotion was "There goes my GTA holiday :( " :D

HolyStar

Banned
dejay said:
I was actually going to take a week or two off on release day, but I got a promotion at work and won't be taking holidays for a while because of it. When VC and SA dropped I took a week or two off for both titles.

One of my first thoughts upon getting my promotion was "There goes my GTA holiday :( " :D

Wat. Just take that shit to work.

Solo

Gaming vacations? Come on, guys! I love gaming as much as anyone, but there are limits! Use that time for something a bit more exciting.

Fusebox

Banned
Solo said:
Gaming vacations? Come on, guys! I love gaming as much as anyone, but there are limits!

Self-contradicting statement. Obviously you don't love gaming as much as someone with no limits.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
chubigans said:
If somehow GTA is an incomplete experience at $60, then the game fails.

EVERYONE that pays $60 for the game should be getting a full awesome experience. The DLC should be the icing, not the cake. Why are people geared up for paying for DLC before the game is even out?

so true.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
MMaRsu said:
Because I already know that once I'm done with the game mission wise, I can't wait to do more?

There is always something to do in GTA games, heck you can even make your own fun, which i usually do in san andreas. Sometimes I just like to drive around, listen to the radio and maybe cause some mayhem if i am bored. GTA has always been a sandbox game, but you are right more isn't a bad thing.

WrikaWrek

Banned
neojubei said:
There is always something to do in GTA games, heck you can even make your own fun, which i usually do in san andreas. Sometimes I just like to drive around, listen to the radio and maybe cause some mayhem if i am bored.

Here's my question to you. What's wrong with people being excited about even more GTA?

It's like trying to condemn someone because they want more of a good thing. You can say "GTA in the disc has enough", but i say "Well if there's more to have, then i want more".

Episodes, as they are called, seem like a big endeavor for DLC content, and since they are meant for GTA, a rock wowsome game, well, i'm sorry if people can't feel but a bit excited.

Because a continuation of some sorts of the main story is awesome. It's simple, and no amount of "But you can do so much on your own in GTA" is going to convince people otherwise. And in the end, why worry? It's not like people will make you pay, if you don't want it well let others have it.

X26

Banned
So I've been wondering...bicycles? No pics of them and I can't recall seeing anything being written about them being in or not. Would be a shame if they were left out, using them in SA was fun and courier missions in GTA4 could be fun.

newsguy

Solo said:
Gaming vacations? Come on, guys! I love gaming as much as anyone, but there are limits! Use that time for something a bit more exciting.

Are you implying that on April 29th there will be something more exciting than shooting multiple police officers with a sniper rifle? For shame... :p

HolyStar

Banned
newsguy said:
Are you implying that on April 29th there will be something more exciting than shooting multiple police officers with a sniper rifle? For shame... :p

no, but you should use your vacation time for something a bit more exciting. The video game will be with us from April 29 until the end of time.

newsguy

HolyStar said:
no, but you should use your vacation time for something a bit more exciting. The video game will be with us from April 29 until the end of time.

Yes I jest. I don't get paid vaca so I just took the 29th off as a fuck you to my stingy employer.

raYne

X26 said:
So I've been wondering...bicycles? No pics of them and I can't recall seeing anything being written about them being in or not. Would be a shame if they were left out, using them in SA was fun and courier missions in GTA4 could be fun.
Taken out. Same with skateboards or any other non-motorized vehiclular transportation. This is supposed to be the "mature" GTA, so that and the crazy weapons (chainsaws, flamethrowers etc) and items (jetpacks) got the boot.

Fusebox

Banned
raYne said:
Taken out. Same with skateboards or any other non-motorized vehiclular transportation. This is supposed to be the "mature" GTA, so that and the crazy weapons (chainsaws, flamethrowers etc) and items (jetpacks) got the boot.

Sounds like a valid reason, but I reckon chainsaws, flamethrowers, parachutes and bikes etc are being held aside for DLC.

raYne

newsguy said:
Not necessarily. You could base jump in SA from the buildings in the city.
Right and you can climb buildings and there are still choppers in this one. However, with the "no crazyness" rule they seem to be sticking to, who knows.

dejay

Banned
Solo said:

It's not like I planned to play GTA IV 24/7. 3-4 hours a day is my maximum gaming time usually. April in Sydney also happens to be one of the best times of year for hiking, going out, swimming and just relaxing in the mild Autumn sun. It's not too hot and it's not too cold and coming after our peak season at work it's good to unwind then. GTA would have been the very well timed icing on the holiday cake.

raYne said:

i've read just about every article published on this game and I haven't seen any confirmation on removal bicycles, chainsaws or flamethrowers. Jetpacks, d'uh, and they said "no unicycles" whatever that means. but i be surprised if there wasn't a chainsaw and a flamethrower... it's GTA. I'm not expecting bikes but it would be awesome- there really are a lot of cyclists in NYC and it would be a good way to zip through trafffic.

X26

Banned
raYne said:

Seems a bit silly. Seeing people on bikes is a normal everyday thing in NYC, it's not like the riding lawnmowers from GTA:SA or anything. So I guess no mopeds too? Say it aint so!

ssoass

raYne said:

Bicycles are very mature.

HolyStar

Banned
Ok guys, there is another leak in some of the music in the game. For those of you worried that it was just going to be stuff you have never heard before don't worry, there are plenty of mainstream acts. Don't know how many are new though
Angel y Khris - Ven Bailalo (Movie with Manny Escuela)

Nikogo ne zhalko (Vladem Glebov's movie)

R kelly- bump 'n' grind

Seryoga - KingRing (Trailer Move Up, Ladies)

The Boggs - Arm In Arm (Trailer 2)

UNKLE (feat. Josh Homme) - Restless

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

Res - They Say Vision

Raheem Devaughn - You

Junior Kickstart - The Go! Team

VHS or Beta - Burn It All Down

Humble Pie - Cocaine

Fat Joe - Shit Is Real

MOP - How About Some Hardcore

MOP - Downtown Swinger

Queen - One Vision

Ne-Yo - Because of You

http://gtacartel.com/news.php

guise

It is very weird seeing modern music on a GTA soundtrack. I really hope MSX FM makes a comeback, complete with a load of Moving Shadow artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom