• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusade

Elbrain said:
So is that shit official!? Oh man what have the fucking done!
Did you expect it all to be underground/indy music? I guarantee there's going to be a station or two filled with mainstream stuff, considering the sort of audience Rockstar brings in it isn't all that surprising

HolyStar

Banned
Crusade said:
Did you expect it all to be underground/indy music? I guarantee there's going to be a station or two filled with mainstream stuff, considering the sort of audience Rockstar brings in it isn't all that surprising

Dude, it is the other way around. You get your one station of indy/underground music. Then you get the international channel. The rest of the stations will feature normal, mainstream music. Hope you update the first page.

Variable

GenericPseudonym said:
2eozb6q.jpg

You need to post this in the monthly pick up posts.

Crusade

HolyStar said:
Dude, it is the other way around. You get your one station of indy/underground music. Then you get the international channel. The rest of the stations will feature normal, mainstream music. Hope you update the first page.
Nah, I think there will be a good balance considering what we've seen. I mean they're supposed to have an Opera/classical station. Then your talk station or two. You'll have your rock station which probably won't have a lot of "modern mainstream" stuff

And so long as we're not getting Avril Lavigne or anything and the modern choices are good (which they will be), I have no problems. It's typical indy pompousness acting like mainstream music has no place in a GTA game

Dabanton

neojubei said:
It is their money.

I know i know it just seems so silly.

You could buy GTA4 and another game to go with it.

So you buy two copies you play through the game on the PS3 and get to a mission and stop. You then begin the 360 version and go through the same missions that you just completed you see how silly and backward that is?

If they said I'll buy one copy now and get another copy in a few months time then i could understand. As they would have no doubt have completed the game by then and second hand copies would be going cheap.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
MercuryLS said:
I have a feeling that when you get to a tollbooth in the PS3 version that a 5gb installation process is going to initiate.

tollbooth.jpg

Although humorous, it's lacking in originality. 6 out of 10

Mindlog

I'm not one to get hyped. However, this game will almost be as glorious as the first time I saw "Embrace of the Vampire."

I don't even know how to prepare myself. GTA IV with revamped combat and all the other listed improvements, and the soundtrack and...

I need something akin to in-flight safety cards or I'm going to shit myself and I haven't done that since the last time.

I'll have it preordered so I can play it before something stupid happens and it gets banned :lol

Stantron

"...Be sure to take at least two weeks of vacation time, as that's supposedly how long it's going to take to see everything in this massive title..."
And yet someone will still manage to get a 1000 gamer score on the second day. :D

HolyStar

Banned
Crusade said:
Nah, I think there will be a good balance considering what we've seen. I mean they're supposed to have an Opera/classical station. Then your talk station or two. You'll have your rock station which probably won't have a lot of "modern mainstream" stuff

And so long as we're not getting Avril Lavigne or anything and the modern choices are good (which they will be), I have no problems. It's typical indy pompousness acting like mainstream music has no place in a GTA game

An Opera station. What is this crap? I mean, I really can't blame Rockstar. We had a big debate at lunch today on how music in general is a lot crappier than it was in the 90's or even the 80's. Honestly, I don't care what they put on the soundtrack as long as it isn't a bunch of garbage.

HolyStar said:
An Opera station. What is this crap?

GTA3 had an opera/classical station.

HolyStar said:
Honestly, I don't care what they put on the soundtrack as long as it isn't a bunch of garbage.

Some of it probably will be shit. Depends on your taste in music. I think hop hop and gangsta rap got old a long time ago. But it sells to white suburbanites.

newsguy

HolyStar said:
An Opera station. What is this crap?

Dude, going on killing rampages while listening to some classical shit was a staple of GTA3! The combination of chaos with this soothing music is the closest thing to A Clockwork Orange you will play!

6.8 said:
Doesn't make it any less silly.

what's silly is you caring about what someone you've never met does with their money

Dabanton said:
I know i know it just seems so silly.

You could buy GTA4 and another game to go with it.

So you buy two copies you play through the game on the PS3 and get to a mission and stop. You then begin the 360 version and go through the same missions that you just completed you see how silly and backward that is?

If they said I'll buy one copy now and get another copy in a few months time then i could understand. As they would have no doubt have completed the game by then and second hand copies would be going cheap.

Again, why do you care? If someone wants two copies of a game, whats the point of you criticizing him for it? I'm a big MGS fan. I have 1-3 already and I'm planning on buying the new MGS collection when it comes out. I've bought FF7 multiple times too. Shit I spent $140 on the versus book guide because the one I had got thrown away. I had MGS2 in its shrink wrap until last year (I beat it a long time ago when I borrowed it from a friend).

It's like some of you like to nitpick about shit that's not even important. It's his money and his hobby, why do you care what he does with it?

Either way this game needs to hurry up and come the fuck out. other than crysis core, this is the only big game coming out for me until mgs4 drops in q4 :(

Teknoman

newsguy said:
Dude, going on killing rampages while listening to some classical shit was a staple of GTA3! The combination of chaos with this soothing music is the closest thing to A Clockwork Orange you will play!

Yes. Paired with the fact we've got a portable radio now, we can take the tracks on foot missions...which will really boost things.

HolyStar

Banned
Death Dealer said:

Hm, I never played GTAIII, so wouldn't know.

Some of it probably will be shit. Depends on your taste in music. I think hop hop and gangsta rap got old a long time ago. But it sells to white suburbanites.

No, you see, R* was smart to put San Andreas in the 90s because

1. That was a peak time for gangs in, well, everywhere.
2. That was when rap was actually good.

Now, putting rap would be a bad idea unless they also have a "classic rap" station (which they probably will). As long as the talk station is more genuine funny(VCPR) instead of stupid funny(LSPR) I will be happy.

Teknoman

Death Dealer said:

Eh well neither really exists as mainstream anymore anyway. There are alot of genres that have been watered down but really sell to suburbanites. That being said there really isnt alot of gangsta rap around, and nearly no "real" hip hop besides a few popular artists, some independents, and some underground stuff.

Also im going to play the hell out of whatever station King Ring comes on. I have no idea what that Russian rapper guy was saying...but damn if it didnt sound nice. Especially during some action packed GTA chase or shoot out.

HolyStar

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
Cause dicks up yo ass is bad for your health.
bendoverbitch.gif

You knew it was coming to. :lol at the picture name.

Also, yes, it is very silly to buy 2 copies of the same game AT LAUNCH. I bought GTA:SA a few times because it would always end up messed up and I would have to trade it in and buy a new one (they never tested them) But yeah, it is kind of stupid to buy two copies of the same thing at launch when you could buy one now and buy the platinum edtion with no glitches a year later. MGS always had a revamped version of it coming out a year later. Hell, most of my friends are convinced that MGS4:superpostion or whatever would be multiplatform, but I shake my heads at them and tell them that would never happen :lol . Anyway, yeah, dumb idea to buy two copies of the same game at launch, unless you would give one away as a gift.

newsguy

Scopebob Sniperpants said:
(neutral) Jtrizzy
(Today, 01:57 AM)
Reply | Quote

Anyways, any word on a new trailer?

Hey, he had the right idea. that's the next verse in the lyric you posted. Predator was an amazing album.

HolyStar

Banned
Scopebob Sniperpants said:
(neutral) Jtrizzy
(Today, 01:57 AM)
Reply | Quote

Anyways, any word on a new trailer?

Naw, think we are due for one either end of this month or begining of next. Would make sense anyway. Anyway, seen people get banned for shit like that (quoting JM) Even though everyone and there grandmother knows the song goes "Cause D's in your mouth is bad for yo health."

newsguy

HolyStar said:
Naw, think we are due for one either end of this month or begining of next. Would make sense anyway. Anyway, seen people get banned for shit like that (quoting JM) Even though everyone and there grandmother knows the song goes "Cause D's in your mouth is bad for yo health."

He says D's in your ass as well. I just don't want junior getting a bad rap... ZING!

bdizzle said:
what's silly is you caring about what someone you've never met does with their money
Saying it's a silly thing does not imply any caring. It's just stating that it's silly.

The exclusive content would have to be pretty satisfactory for me to consider purchasing two versions. IE: More then a few missions.

Youtube would satisfy any curiosity I'd have for a few side missions.

However, if the extra content was something like, unique online modes of play, or unique weapons, or new area of a borough. Yes. I may have to buy a ps3 version.

I wouldn't do anything more than renting the other version for the extra content. Full priced? Hell no.

I mean really, some of you would do that much for a few extra missions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom