• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
Wow, MOP?! Interesting choice. I would love for them to go more outside the box with people like Max B or something.

I know this song's been in a few game soundtracks before, but I wouldn't mind an un-EA-censored version of N*E*R*D's Rockstar (the Jason Nevin's remix).

Teknoman

disappeared said:
I know this song's been in a few game soundtracks before, but I wouldn't mind an un-EA-censored version of N*E*R*D's Rockstar (the Jason Nevin's remix).

That would be nice for police/car chases.

Fatbody

I really hope they keep parachutes in. Parachuting off buildings isn't that over the top. Some guy base jumped off the north tower of the WTC back in the 70s.

Solo

dejay said:
It's not like I planned to play GTA IV 24/7. 3-4 hours a day is my maximum gaming time usually. April in Sydney also happens to be one of the best times of year for hiking, going out, swimming and just relaxing in the mild Autumn sun. It's not too hot and it's not too cold and coming after our peak season at work it's good to unwind then. GTA would have been the very well timed icing on the holiday cake.

Should have said this in the first place! Now this I have no issue with.

Fatbody said:
I really hope they keep parachutes in. Parachuting off buildings isn't that over the top. Some guy base jumped off the north tower of the WTC back in the 70s.
I hope its still in too, it was a lot of fun in SA

MercuryLS

Banned
I have a feeling that when you get to a tollbooth in the PS3 version that a 5gb installation process is going to initiate.

tollbooth.jpg

raYne

MercuryLS said:
I have a feeling that when you get to a tollbooth in the PS3 version that a 5gb installation process is going to initiate.

tollbooth.jpg
Traffic jam leading to the city. /troll

edit:
Oh, and

bishoptl said:
Don't make me clean up in here.
This.

WrikaWrek

Banned
MercuryLS said:

tollbooth.jpg

11h56r6.gif

MercuryLS

Banned
Stantron said:
damage control :lol

It was an obvious joke based on Wollan's whole "toll booth = disc swap" thing from a few pages back. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feeling, I also recognize that I might get banned for a while for that comment. It was all in good fun though.

I'm also buying both the X360 and PS3 versions of this game. So trust me when I say that I DO NOT wish for installs on the PS3 version or disc swaps on the X360 version (neither of which will happen).

WrikaWrek

Banned
MercuryLS said:
It was an obvious joke based on Wollan's whole "toll booth = disc swap" thing from a few pages back. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feeling, I also recognize that I might get banned for a while for that comment. It was all in good fun though.

Yeah no need to snitch on him people. Goddamn snitches

MercuryLS said:

I'm also buying both the X360 and PS3 versions of this game. So trust me when I say that I DO NOT wish for installs on the PS3 version or disc swaps on the X360 version (neither of which will happen).

2eozb6q.jpg

HolyStar

Banned
MercuryLS said:

Is their really any reason why you should do this man? I mean, I am starting to think people just say that in message forums just to appease both sides. Honestly, Rockstar will sell millions and doing that is like buying 2 copies of the same movie or same book.

Fatbody

I've been planning on getting both versions for a while now. The 360 version will be my primary version. DLC, episodes, achievements, and online play will all be done there . The PS3 version will be for fucking around with cheat codes and game saves.

This has nothing to do with fanboy wars about which system has the bestest version. I'm just a huge GTA fan and this is probably the only time I'll ever do this.

MercuryLS

Banned
Fatbody said:
I've been planning on getting both versions for a while now. The 360 version will be my primary version. DLC, episodes, achievements, and online play will all be done there . The PS3 version will be for fucking around with cheat codes and game saves.

This has nothing to do with fanboy wars about which system has the bestest version. I'm just a huge GTA fan and this is probably the only time I'll ever do this.

Same. I'd like to have both versions cause I love GTA that much.

Fatbody said:

That is pretty hardcore. You could just buy one version and do all of that.

Fatbody said:

WTF is your problem?

Fatbody

Ninja Scooter said:
WTF is your problem?

Problem? Have you been to the gaming setup thread? You guys got a chick on this board that owns every version of every console imaginable along with 40 LCD TVs and I'm the one with a problem because I'm buying 2 versions of a game I love?

Fatbody said:
Problem? Have you been to the gaming setup thread? You guys got a chick on this board that owns every version of every console imaginable along with 40 LCD TVs and I'm the one with a problem because I'm buying 2 versions of a game I love?

no, you both have problems.

HolyStar

Banned
Its the fact that you will end up buying two games on two different consoles when people will think you are a mega nerd as you could just use the extra money to get another game.

Teknoman

BakedPigeon said:
That is pretty hardcore. You could just buy one version and do all of that.

Yeah most likely the only difference between the two games will be the downloadble episodes. Maybe an install on the PS3...but possibly not.

MercuryLS

Banned
HolyStar said:
Its the fact that you will end up buying two games on two different consoles when people will think you are a mega nerd as you could just use the extra money to get another game.

We're all nerds here.

HolyStar

Banned
MercuryLS said:
We're all nerds here.

Not true. Their are some pretty normal people on the OT, but their is a difference in nerdom and "the super Urcel nerd that even other nerds take lunch money from" type that some of the fanboys I have met over the years on forums exemplify

X26

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Hollaback girl?

Jesus Rockstar...

As long as there's a TON of songs then it's all good, variety and what not

Now if they throw some Avril in there, then there's a problem

MMaRsu

Seriously they could have just put some No Doubt song in there and it would have been cool..but hollaback girl..damn

That's like one of the worst tracks I've ever heard..but whatev/

Just hope there are plenty of great tracks, and you can make your own playlists for your mp3 phone ala SR.

And if not? Custom soundtracks baby!

This russian song is cool though :lol
http://a.tokreci.pl/muzyka/58/shur_nikogo_ne_zhalko.html

n1n9tean

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
its GTA motherfucker BREAK YOURSELF!
*BROKEN*

But, again, can anybody tell me if you get anything for pre-ordering at Gamestop? A sticker? A pat on the back? Perhaps something more substantial?

X26

Banned
n1n9tean said:
*BROKEN*

But, again, can anybody tell me if you get anything for pre-ordering at Gamestop? A sticker? A pat on the back? Perhaps something more substantial?

Well, you get 4 gamerpics if you preorder the 360 version

I'll give you a minute to go change your pants

HolyStar

Banned
n1n9tean said:
*BROKEN*

It was already mentioned, read back a few pages.

Teknoman

MMaRsu said:
Seriously they could have just put some No Doubt song in there and it would have been cool..but hollaback girl..damn

That's like one of the worst tracks I've ever heard..but whatev/

Just hope there are plenty of great tracks, and you can make your own playlists for your mp3 phone ala SR.

And if not? Custom soundtracks baby!

This russian song is cool though :lol
http://a.tokreci.pl/muzyka/58/shur_nikogo_ne_zhalko.html

Yeah Ring King is nice.

EDIT: Oh that OTHER Russian song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom