• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrikaWrek

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Why don't you say it to me in a PM? If you have a problem with my posts and want to accuse me of having an agenda, ask me in private and I will give you the honest answer. But leave this shit out of the thread.

You are completely right.

People keep bumping this thread without providing any new images/video/questions or speculation. I keep falling for it. Please stop.

Let's get this train back on the rails.

We've hardly talked about the subway system in the game. Personally, I think this is going to be one of the best aspects of the entire game. Rockstar's sense of humor is going to run rampant in this setting, I just know it. Everything from the MTA announcements, to the advertising that litters each car. NPCs are going to be talking about ridiculous things while you wait for your stop. (I hope you can push people out of the way to get a seat. It's a fantasy of mine to be a huge asshole on the subway.)

I'm 100% confident that you can push people onto the tracks. That's undoubtedly a mission of some kind.

I'm also hoping that you can jump down and run underneath the city itself. Maybe you can find a secret entrance to a major corporate building through one of the maintenance entrances on the basement level of a subway tunnel.

You may have to acquire a neon orange vest before being able to run around there uninhibited. That would be great. I wonder if there is a bus transit system as well.

Does anyone else get the feeling that a "Speed" (Keanu movie) parody mission will be in this game? I'm not sure why, but I'm going to place my chips on the table with this one.

Yeah, please no console war in this thread.

GTA IV drinking mini-game detailed
Author: Joe Martin

Niko: Mysterious criminal and unpredictable drinker according to NaturalMotion CEO Torsten Reil.
In an interview with NaturalMotion CEO Torsten Reil, GI.biz has uncovered a few details of how the drinking minigame system will work in GTA IV.

The NaturalMotion team are still relatively unknown, but have supplied middleware technologies and "dynamic motion synthesis technology replicating the movement of the human body and the reaction of the nervous system" for a number of top games according to the interview. That list includes Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and GTA IV.

When asked exactly where his new technologies had been put to work in the highly anticipated GTA IV, CEO Torsten Reil slipped out a few details on one of the drinking mini-games and how the technology behind it works;

"There is a drinking mini-game in very detailed form where you can get drunk and he can actually then stumble around and you have to get home. But all of that is fully simulated. So, it is not based on animation any more. It is actually all synthesized on the CPU. Which means that it has a completely different outcome every time you play."

Sounds fun.

Of course, not everyone was a big fan of the various mini-games and so forth which popped up in San Andreas and some games in particular didn't go down too well with the law courts.
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/02/21/gta_iv_drinking_mini-game_detailed/1
Those crazy scotsmen at R* North have not let me down! :lol

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
2 new joints..check out the garbage man on the back of the truck...I CANT WAIT!!!

02.jpg

01.jpg

Tr4nce

The second screen oozes atmosphere. Oh man, why the fuck am I so obsessed... I simply can NOT wait another 2 months. AAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

ssoass

Anyways, who's really listening to music while they're jumping off a building on a stolen bicycle onto a helicopter that's on fire while cops and gangsters are shooting you and each other and while your girlfriend is trying to call you god damn this game will rule because R* probably have shit planned thats 20 times better than the scenario I just submitted.

Music is what makes GTA imo.
I wouldn't have the fond memories of GTA3 without the Scarface songs. (She's On Fire, etc.)
GTA:VC would not be half as great without the amazing 80's soundtrack.

Mrbob

The attention to detail and the improved combat mechanics have me more excited about GTA4 than any of the previous GTA games. Can't wait.

The Chef

Wollan said:
Traded in Burnout, AC, Riddick & FarCry instincts today for GTA4 ps3 std at EB and I even got some cash back whowhouldhavethought.
Also, the guy attending me recognised my surname and asked if I was Wollan from NeoGAF. Fame awaits. (wazzup Jamie)

Went in yesterday to GS
Traded UT3 and Heavenly Sword for GTA4 for PS3. Ended up paying $12 which was sweet.

They kept trying to sell me that damn special addition one for like $90 o_O

Endless said:
http://item.slide.com/r/1/212/i/jhwXR6TP1T_YQwmWrVnTbXvkTa6ozbvD/[IMG]
[IMG]http://item.slide.com/r/1/99/i/AJE9jUqizj_RVNSI2H_td9gWZfESDjZ1/[IMG][/QUOTE]

Looks so great.

newsguy

In the new video there's an awesome closeup of a car explosion that sends the guy next to it flying. Also, from Weazel News:
Citing new profiling procedures, security officials say only people that look like terrorists will be subjected to invasive searches at airports. Asked to clarify what a terrorist looks like, one official said, you know it when you see it, then launched into an impression of a tech support worker.

:lol

AmMortal

Banned
This game is no doubt gonna be awesome, the best one to come out until MGs4 ( if you have a ps3) and the best one for along time (if just you have a 360).

But I'd rather play GTA then watch movies and footage of it, because let's face it we play it for the gameplay. Not for the graphics or HD sound or anything like that.

Anyone else on my ship?

or am I sinking by myself?

newsguy

Warrior300 said:
This game is no doubt gonna be awesome, the best one to come out until MGs4 ( if you have a ps3) and the best one for along time (if just you have a 360).

But I'd rather play GTA then watch movies and footage of it, because let's face it we play it for the gameplay. Not for the graphics or HD sound or anything like that.

Anyone else on my ship?

or am I sinking by myself?

You're on the Titanic, if only because you didn't mention Gears 2 for the 360. 5.1 sound was excellent in GTA SA for the xbox btw.

Odrion said:
I wonder if this means we get Garbage Truck mini missions.

I want to be a Burger Shot customer service representative!

Niko - "Wuld yew laik fraiz wit thet? You buy this or I kill yew."

Customer - "Well since you put it that way, I'm in."

newsguy

Odrion said:
I wonder if this means we get Garbage Truck mini missions.

I'm just excited at the prospect of being able to cling on to the back of one of these suckers and tour the city trashman style.

Goldrusher

Rody said:
You can see a bunch of sports cars in the Dilettante video.

First one (on the right) looks like a Ferrari 550/575.
Then an Aston Martin Vanquish.
Third one is a mix...Corvette rear end...but the front no idea.
Fourth is a Porsche 911 (definitely the GTA "Comet")

35lvnd3.jpg

30uzoy0.jpg

2a61f5z.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
The sports cars are always the ones i like the least.

I hope they focused alot on making those everyday cars, like a VW passat or Ford Mondeo look alikes, some BMW and Audis look alikes too, because those cars give the coolest car chases.

Like in movies, check out Ronin.

Goldrusher said:

Honda NSX? That's what it looks like to me.

Core407

Banned
Goldrusher said:
First one (on the right) looks like a Ferrari 550/575.
Then an Aston Martin Vanquish.
Fourth is a Porsche 911 (definitely the GTA "Comet")

35lvnd3.jpg

30uzoy0.jpg

2a61f5z.jpg

HOT. I wish they would have a contest where people designed a car and the winner would see his car in the final game.

newsguy

Vehicles are upgradeable correct? The commercial for the fake Prius said it was fully customizable. The reason I ask is because the first thing I'm doing with my precious 911 is taking off those fugly 20's and putting some nice little racing rims on it.

alba

Little is the new Big
Damn you Rockstar, it keeps getting better and better (haha I paid like 90€ for the special edition one, that's $134 XD)

I can't wait, goddamnit :O

jett

D-Member
That looks so freaking sweet.

Oh man I hope R* isn't leaving us poor SD-gaming PS3 owners out to dry, hopefully this game downscales properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom