• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaidr

Goldrusher said:
Third one is a mix...Corvette rear end...but the front no idea.

30uzoy0.jpg

Honda NSX
hondansxtr2.jpg

Bizzyb

Banned
After seeing that I noticed a few things...This is all conjecture but -

# Peds notice when you're stealing cars (car alarms)

# Peds have hats that can come off, maybe other clothing

# Peds can have car accidents

# Peds actually turn their arms on the steering wheel when making turns

# Paint Jobs on cars a MUCH more realistic (as to be expected)

# You can now buy your own cars from actual dealerships

# There will now be MAKES and Models ( I could be wrong on this, but I never remembered Makes)

# Clocks are EVERYWHERE in this game

zaidr

Bizzyb said:
After seeing that I noticed a few things...This is all conjecture but -

# Peds notice when you're stealing cars (car alarms)

# Peds have hats that can come off, maybe other clothing

# Peds can have car accidents

# Peds actually turn their arms on the steering wheel when making turns

# Paint Jobs on cars a MUCH more realistic (as to be expected)

# You can now buy your own cars from actual dealerships

# There will now be MAKES and Models ( I could be wrong on this, but I never remembered Makes)

# Clocks are EVERYWHERE in this game

True, no makes in the previous iterations. Clocks are everywhere, just like in real life!

Loudninja said:
PSM3 said that the PS3 version runs really smooth

hope so.

If it is ever confirmed that you can change controls and PS3 version runs the same as the 360 version, I will switch my preorder. I have every GTA game on PS1/PS2 and I want to get this one PS3 just knowing that I can play them all on the same system with the same controller.

pj

Banned
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so apologies if this has been asked a ton.

Why does it look like there's a filter on all the screens that kind of make it look like a painting?

Bizzyb

Banned
pj325is said:
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so apologies if this has been asked a ton.

Why does it look like there's a filter on all the screens that kind of make it look like a painting?

I wouldn't worry about that. Just compare the videos if you want to see what the game will actually look like. Maybe just a style R* added to the pics.

bathala

Banned
wat the hell the graphics on the Phil video looks awesome.

I thought they were mixing real time interior with game graphics for a commercial

It would be super awesome if the game had a screenshot feature. So many beautiful and/or epic scenes I'd want to take my own pics of and then turn them into Playstation 3 XMB backgrounds. :)

ZmillA

Banned
blindrocket said:
It would be super awesome if the game had a screenshot feature. So many beautiful and/or epic scenes I'd want to take my own pics of and then turn them into Playstation 3 XMB backgrounds. :)

I was thinking that to myself a couple of hours ago. If GTA4 had some sort of saved films/pictures feature (besides the ingame camera) that would pretty much solidify its position as game of the generation.

painey

I really hope that cars are yours to keep.. ie if you buy it you get the keys.. if you damage it its going to need expensive repairs, if you park it in the middle of the street it gets towed, if you park it nicely outside a building you can run in, shoot the owner and jump back into your car.

painey said:
I really hope that cars are yours to keep.. ie if you buy it you get the keys.. if you damage it its going to need expensive repairs, if you park it in the middle of the street it gets towed, if you park it nicely outside a building you can run in, shoot the owner and jump back into your car.

Should be in there as Saint's Row had this feature

moai

so, can anyone tell how much millions this franchise has sold? just to get a scope of things and the impact that gtaIV could have.

Dabanton

moai said:
so, can anyone tell how much millions this franchise has sold? just to get a scope of things and the impact that gtaIV could have.

Dude where have you been for the last couple of years.:lol

As for impact it's a new GTA on next gen hardware. The impact will be devastating.

Goldrusher

moai said:

Entire franchise: 65 million copies.

GTAIII: 12 million
Vice City: 14 million
San Andreas: 20 million

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Goldrusher said:
Entire franchise: 65 million copies.

GTAIII: 12 million
Vice City: 14 million
San Andreas: 20 million

Another fine example of how ridiculous using attach % to show one console is teh superiorz to the other. SW doesn't scale linearly with HW. Break those down to PS2/Xbox sales and it becomes even more obvious.

From the MS Bloggers Breakfast:

GTAIV DLC

- When MS says exclusive, they mean that no other system can have DLC content for GTAIV

- It will be bigger than a lot of people think. GTA3 Vice City and San Andreas were basically expansions of GTA3. Think of the DLC that way. We are talking major expansion for GTAIV

- No price has been discussed yet. It’s up to Rockstar on whether or not they will charge for it

- If successful, DLC may be the new way to deliver GTA expansions

Dabanton

Crusade said:
Is this reliable? I have a hard time believing they'll deliver content on the size of San Andreas

I doubt it will be as big as that but that 50 million dollar incentive must buy a lot of content.

Crusade said:
Is this reliable? I have a hard time believing they'll deliver content on the size of San Andreas

Subheadline was "Extra! Extra! Todd Smells!"

But seriously, they do have BBs (not me, "Blogger's Breakfasts", but I'd certainly be happy to accept any invitation to be an installation at any gaming conference) at every major conference. So I don't doubt the details will be picked up by other outlets and clarification will be had by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom