• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyStar

Banned
Wait, I have a question, why is none of the music that I reported earlier on the front page? It is all legit, but for some reason, the OP didn't put it up there. Also, there is another station revealed, "The Vibe".

newsguy

Bizzyb said:
newsguy, Oh great, you just gave me nightmares for the rest of the week

i hope you're happy.
2vcx8wh.gif

Xemu

I hope you enjoyed your little rebellion, irritant. But remember, what SHODAN gives she is more than able to take away.
Oh man, every new preview I'm even more psyched.

I'm glad I already put in for my vacation starting Apr 29... :)

bill0527

I finally pre-ordered today and the manager at Gamestop was putting the high pressure sale on me to try and get the collector's edition. I don't buy collector's editions anymore as I have personally felt like most of the extra goodies were not worth the price hike. I passed on the GTA IV collector's edition, but in all honesty, I didn't even look to see what it included. I got home and looked it up on Gamestop's website and I might be interested now. I wouldn't mind having the duffel bag, but I wonder how big it really is. Is it an actual usefull large sized duffel bag, or is it more like a small handbag?

MMaRsu

Sadaiyappan said:
Hi. A lot of people seem to be thinking that the GTA series has met it's demise and is on it's downfall. They think the series has been played out and is nothing new..

But the basic concept of GTA will never get old for me sort of how I will never get bored of gangster films. There will always be newer gangster films with newer stories but people always come back to watch them. They don't think, "Oh I have seen gangster film already I am bored with the genre." They come back to watch again anyways. I think GTA is like that. James Bond is like that too it has a cult following and there is always a new movie released for the new generation. Also many gaming franchises keep coming back -- Final Fantasy is a good example -- and there are sports games that are released every single year which still have large followings

What I really want to see a is a this gen GTA4 engine based game of london in the 60's. Just like the original series was like that they had a london in the 60's game..

Ala Snatch & Lock Stock?

Yes that would be awesome..English mafia guys talking shit and stuff..doesn't have to be in the 60's imo.

newsguy

SIP YEK NOD said:
qq4bv8.gif

fix'd

Also, i fucking need this game :(

Why are you guys so fucking awesome?! I feel guilty, Himuro should have been GTA ified since he started the movement. He's been working hard on the OP for each preview.

dejay

Banned
newsguy said:
Why are you guys so fucking awesome?! I feel guilty, Himuro should have been GTA ified since he started the movement. He's been working hard on the OP for each preview.

I'll get to him if nobody else does. I'm just a little drunk and have my step brother over at the moment.

Ah why not. I'm too untalented to try it myself.

Two options available, whatever you guys think will work better. Only bother in your free time, I'm not worth much more...

klaymen.jpg

klaymenportait.jpg

kthx

MMaRsu

Someone do me :).

By the way Patrice O'Neal is totally in Gta4... I heard it on Lazlow's radio podcast thing :).

Great show btw..

www.lazlow.com

Grimm Fandango said:
Ah why not. I'm too untalented to try it myself.

Two options available, whatever you guys think will work better. Only bother in your free time, I'm not worth much more...

Dude don't put yourself down like that :S

I read earlier in this thread that Niko's cell phone also acts as a radio, does that mean I can listen to the radio stations while on foot? If that is so, then I am happy as a pig in shit. That has been my biggest gripe of all gta games, I'd love to walk around and exlpore, but it was too boring without the radio stations.

Pharmacy

Banned
mysticstylez said:
I read earlier in this thread that Niko's cell phone also acts as a radio, does that mean I can listen to the radio stations while on foot? If that is so, then I am happy as a pig in shit. That has been my biggest gripe of all gta games, I'd love to walk around and exlpore, but it was too boring without the radio stations.

yeah but the sound comes out all tinny and low quality like it would out of a phone speaker

Loudninja

Some info

The phone is customisable to a degree, with different ring-tones available, and as previously noted it has a built-in radio, meaning on-foot sections can now be accompanied by what looks to be a typically sterling soundtrack

We also found ourselves using the in-car view with much more confidence than previous GTAs – whether it was the more realistic setting that inspired us to turn to this is debatable, but for the first time in the series it seemed a viable viewpoint. Likewise, the cinematic camera, now accessed with a single button press, added flavour to the action and was being utilised throughout our play-through.

oneHeero

Can I be snakified and gta'd? Or am I stupid for wanting so much :(

Do me, do me good, make my chickie hot! Snake + Niko ftw!!!

MMaRsu

pn18 said:

Hmm couple of mistranslations here and there..
From what I heard this should be right :

While using cheats, you can't unlock certain Achievements.
Quote:
In case you fail a mission, you'll get a SMS asking you for a retry. < true
Quote:
Niko can fly through the front shield. < already confirmed
Quote:
Little Jakub smokes weed while being your passenger. So if there's a broken window you can see sweet smoke coming out of the car. Yes but it was written that if he smokes weed and somebody crashed your windshield, the smoke will come out.

HolyStar

Banned
Ok guys, there is another leak in some of the music in the game. For those of you worried that it was just going to be stuff you have never heard before don't worry, there are plenty of mainstream acts. Don't know how many are new though

Angel y Khris - Ven Bailalo (Movie with Manny Escuela)

Nikogo ne zhalko (Vladem Glebov's movie)

R kelly- bump 'n' grind

Seryoga - KingRing (Trailer Move Up, Ladies)

The Boggs - Arm In Arm (Trailer 2)

UNKLE (feat. Josh Homme) - Restless

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl

Res - They Say Vision

Raheem Devaughn - You

Junior Kickstart - The Go! Team

VHS or Beta - Burn It All Down

Humble Pie - Cocaine

Fat Joe - Shit Is Real

MOP - How About Some Hardcore

MOP - Downtown Swinger

Queen - One Vision

Ne-Yo - Because of You

http://gtacartel.com/news.php

from a few pages back.

Tarin02543

I'm really eager to see how the NPCs will react with each other and the environment. The Euphoria system will be something really fun to dick around with!

Loudninja

The biggest difference is that - while UK editor Matt Cundy played the game on an Xbox 360 - our first taste of GTA IV was on a PS3. For the most part, the game looked identical to what we've previously seen on the 360, although there were a few visual glitches that were due to it being an unfinished

And although getting to check out the cab's interior or watch the scenery speed by from a first-person perspective is kind of cool, you'll probably just want to pay the cabbie extra to hurry - or, better yet, pay a little more and skip the trip entirely

If you're still thinking of jacking a cab, though, be forewarned: just driving one won't enable you to trigger the cabbie missions of earlier games. Instead, you'll need to go through Roman and his taxi service if you want to do honest work for a little while

I did not know this, so you really getting a real job :eek:
After waiting for a few seconds, we ignored his request and bashed out the driver's side window by hitting L1 (which also lets you shoot while driving), releasing a billowing stream of marijuana smoke into the night air. If Jacob was annoyed, he didn't say anything about it.
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand...n/a-200802290139859045/g-20060313153735796095

Gamesrader played the PS3 version as well

pubba

I have a terrible memory and ALWAYS forget when my girlfriends birthday is.

My current girlfriends is on the 29th of April. No forgetting this time :lol

I get GTA4 plus the satisfaction of fooling her into thinking that I remembered her birthday.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
pubba said:
I have a terrible memory and ALWAYS forget when my girlfriends birthday is.

My current girlfriends is on the 29th of April. No forgetting this time :lol

I get GTA4 plus the satisfaction of fooling her into thinking that I remembered her birthday.

Yeah but you won't be able to play gta until the 30th. :lol

Could someone GTA4-ify my avatar, please?

Here's the original image:
diddylooks.jpg

Here's the MP3-ified version:
met.gif

And the SMG-ified version:
Whatthe.gif

Do whatever you want with it. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom