• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilone

EA Employee
old?

From April edition of EGM:

Sam Houser - "Its Official, Im American now...I can now vote but for anyone but Hillary Clinton. I love America."

The Sixaxis will be used in GTA4 but in a way thats done Right.

A possible MMPOG GTA in the future. May be subscription based.

Beat up cars will eventually stall, leaving you to flee on foot.

Tired will shred apart when they are shot.

Ps3 Version will have warmer colors while the 360 version will have more vibrant colors.

Tap Up on the D-pad brings up the Cell phone. Up a second time brings up the key pad.

There are several different cell phones you gain through out the game. the basic has contacts, organizer, camera, and multiplayer mode. The MP3 version is obtained later in the game.

You can kill anyone and everyone, even your contacts.

Theres a conservative talk station called WKTT (We Know the Truth). This is making fun of Rush limbaugh and will have those red stater rants that was recorded from real fans that called in doing that time period R* was taking calls from fans.

DJ Lazlow Returns

Bloggers play some form in the game.

The old GTA cheat codes we come to love seem to have returned.

You can drop grenades out of the vehicle while driving. you can also "cook" the grenades.

R* is really getting into episodic downloads. may see some for the PS3 version.

dejay

Banned
Some quick and dirty efforts

2uyj1om.jpg

bg7pw.jpg

2wly8sm.jpg

wlat10.jpg

2h6vk8z.jpg

Use if you like guys - like I said they were just quick efforts and only one style. Sorry I didn't attempt any animated stuff - that's too much work for my poor skills.

evilone said:
old?

From April edition of EGM:

Sam Houser - "Its Official, Im American now...I can now vote but for anyone but Hillary Clinton. I love America."

The Sixaxis will be used in GTA4 but in a way thats done Right.

A possible MMPOG GTA in the future. May be subscription based.

Beat up cars will eventually stall, leaving you to flee on foot.

Tired will shred apart when they are shot.

Ps3 Version will have warmer colors while the 360 version will have more vibrant colors.

Tap Up on the D-pad brings up the Cell phone. Up a second time brings up the key pad.

There are several different cell phones you gain through out the game. the basic has contacts, organizer, camera, and multiplayer mode. The MP3 version is obtained later in the game.

You can kill anyone and everyone, even your contacts.

Theres a conservative talk station called WKTT (We Know the Truth). This is making fun of Rush limbaugh and will have those red stater rants that was recorded from real fans that called in doing that time period R* was taking calls from fans.

DJ Lazlow Returns

Bloggers play some form in the game.

The old GTA cheat codes we come to love seem to have returned.

You can drop grenades out of the vehicle while driving. you can also "cook" the grenades.

R* is really getting into episodic downloads. may see some for the PS3 version.

Weren't they suppose to be getting the exclusive on the multiplayer mode?

ZmillA

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Weren't they suppose to be getting the exclusive on the multiplayer mode?

From the 1up yours podcast bryan says that they already know about the multiplayer, so it must not be the time for the announcement. Also at the end of the EGM april cover story it says look forward to a special guest on egm live (im guessing for the week that the issue is on store shelves) so maybe something will get said there.

ZmillA said:
From the 1up yours podcast bryan says that they already know about the multiplayer, so it must not be the time for the announcement. Also at the end of the EGM april cover story it says look forward to a special guest on egm live (im guessing for the week that the issue is on store shelves) so maybe something will get said there.

Hmm interesting. The online previews always make it seem like they haven't sen the multiplayer at all. I'm pretty much expecting it to be a fleshed out version of the online play in the PSP games.

ZmillA

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Hmm interesting. The online previews always make it seem like they haven't sen the multiplayer at all. I'm pretty much expecting it to be a fleshed out version of the online play in the PSP games.

well from the shane teases it sounds like it will be a little more than standard affair:D also in the cover story they talk around it and needless to say it sounds like it is going to be kinda interesting

Goldrusher

Teetris said:
What? Why?

I ignore those kind of comments. Unless the magazine can give us a detailed description of:

- cables used
- television(s) used
- settings on console
- settings on television
striKeVillain! said:
I just hope there is a cops and robbers gametype for multiplayer. I don't want any typical DM or TDM.

Where have you been. Yes, there is a "cops and robbers gametype". In fact, we already know how it's called:

Cops 'n' Crooks

Other online modes known are "Bomb da Base" and "Hangman's Noose"

Dizzan

MINI Member
Where can I find a list of the full Soundtrack guys?

Has it even been announced yet? I can't keep up with this thread and only a handful of songs are listed in the OP.

Dizzan said:
Where can I find a list of the full Soundtrack guys?

Has it even been announced yet? I can't keep up with this thread and only a handful of songs are listed in the OP.

I don't think they announce the full soundtracks before the games are released.

Goldrusher said:
Where have you been. Yes, there is a "cops and robbers gametype". In fact, we already know how it's called:

Cops 'n' Crooks

Other online modes known are "Bomb da Base" and "Hangman's Noose"
So Awesome.

Dizzan

MINI Member
SolidSnakex said:
I don't think they announce the full soundtracks before the games are released.

Oh ok. Thanks. I guess it doesnt really matter cos i listen to talkback most the time anyway

FightyF

Banned
So no news yet on a Rise FM-ish station...I really hope that electronic music isn't overlooked. Sure, there's custom soundtracks, but I like to keep within the GTA universe.

newsguy

I don't think Cops and Crooks was ever confirmed, but it makes complete sense that it would be a multiplayer mode. The GTA universe is random as it is. Adding player versus player gametypes with the new physics is going to cause many wow moments.

So no news yet on a Rise FM-ish station...I really hope that electronic music isn't overlooked. Sure, there's custom soundtracks, but I like to keep within the GTA universe.

I tried looking cause it's in one of the previews, but one of the articles mentions electronic being in there.

Mindlog

Himuro said:
Okay, edited the first post with current music track list with youtube links as per usual.
(list wars)

:D

Very nice.

and for a later game, I think they should have a user request station. The station would just be the DJ doing transition/liberty city quips between songs to your own custom playlist.

God I hope they bring back something like VCPR from Vice City. Pressing the Issue with Maurice Chavez was some of the funniest shit I have ever heard.

got2bekidding said:
God I hope they bring back something like VCPR from Vice City. Pressing the Issue with Maurice Chavez was some of the funniest shit I have ever heard.

There's blood and pubic hair all over the studio!

Himuro said:
I think they revealed the Vice City ost just one month before release in mags. I'm not too sure.

I think they revealed some of it but not the entire soundtrack before release. They like to surprise people with some of the songs that'll be in the game so they just don't announce them.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Is Custom Soundtrack confirmed for PS3? Or can we all assume the update will be released by then?

Wollan

Teetris said:
Is Custom Soundtrack confirmed for PS3? Or can we all assume the update will be released by then?
A new PS Store is supposedly releasing April 15th, there's a possibility for in-game xmb at that time but I wouldn't hold my breath right now.

h3ro

chubigans said:
Because PS3 owners apparently can't calibrate their sets I guess. :p

I think its the 360 that puts out an over saturated picture. When I compare the picture quality back to back b/w my PS3 and Elite, the Elite has much more color saturation at the same color setting as the PS3. Both are connected via HDMI.

Often times, the calibrated picture is the more boring, plain one, with no pop. I think a lot of people have confused this over-saturation/hi-contrast picture with the 360 having more "vibrant" pop in the pq.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Tom Penny said:
How the hell did Rockstar make this game fit on DVD-9? Impressive.
Animations take up a lot of disk space, so the Euphoria engine may have cut down on how many they would have to include in the game.

reminder

Good work at the track list Himuro! :D

I noticed a little mistake, though. You mixed up The Go! Team and Junior Kickstart. It looks like the band is called Junior Kickstart, but actually it's The Go! Team. ;)

MMaRsu

Wow lookey here at what I found :D

A guy/girl calling himself/herself Gtaleaker on youtube.. His/her first video is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YHqgTLXsRIE

It's a russian hiphop song, sounds like it could be in Gta 4..it's awesome anyway. It uses a Requiem for a Dream beat or something..so fucking cool!!

MMaRsu

dejay said:
Some quick and dirty efforts

2uyj1om.jpg

bg7pw.jpg

2wly8sm.jpg

wlat10.jpg

2h6vk8z.jpg

Use if you like guys - like I said they were just quick efforts and only one style. Sorry I didn't attempt any animated stuff - that's too much work for my poor skills.

Thx man :D

New to thread and I don't want to wade through 58 pages. How is the PS3 version holding up graphically against the 360 version? Does anyone know yet?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Bearillusion said:
New to thread and I don't want to wade through 58 pages. How is the PS3 version holding up graphically against the 360 version? Does anyone know yet?

Exactly the same, though one preview said the PS3 version had better aliasing (we'll see). But performance wise it's identical.

chubigans said:
Exactly the same, though one preview said the PS3 version had better aliasing (we'll see). But performance wise it's identical.

That's encouraging. I own both machines but would rather buy the PS3 version. I know the 360 has DLC but I've never completed a GTA game 100% anyway. I didn't even finish GTASA.

Tr4nce

FightyF said:

Man you said exactly what I thought. From what I have heard now, I really don't like the music, I hope too that we will have some good EDM in there, maybe some classic stuff even. Well there's 18 radio stations so I think there should be at least one I like. Right? Right? :(

Loudninja

Bearillusion said:

The biggest difference is that - while UK editor Matt Cundy played the game on an Xbox 360 - our first taste of GTA IV was on a PS3. For the most part, the game looked identical to what we've previously seen on the 360, although there were a few visual glitches that were due to it being an unfinished product.
http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/grand...n/a-200802290139859045/g-20060313153735796095

You should read games radar preview, its great

For the first time, Rockstar gave us hands-on access to both the PS3 and 360 versions of GTA IV. The good news is that no matter which system you prefer, you're going to have a great-looking game to play. There are only some minor visual differences noticeable between the two preview versions. The 360 build is brighter and has slightly more vibrant color while the PS3 build has less aliasing issues.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/855/855615p1.html

1up
The regular four discuss GTA IV and confirms that the game will run at a solid 30FPS on both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Loudninja

Himuro said:
Here's info from the recent EGM:

* Rumor is that Niko Bellic is inspired by a favorite driver in Rockstar's driving service.
* If cars take on too much damage, the engine may stall, requiring you to escape on foot and find a new one.
* Tapping up on the D-Pad brings up the phone where you can access text messages, an organizer, multiplayer modes, a camera, and contacts list, which becomes updated automatically as you meet people. Tapping up a second time will bring up the keypad to make calls.
* The more advanced model of the phone, including the MP3 player (radio on the go), is not added until later in the game.
* Lazlow is confirmed to return on the radio.
* Emergency vehicles respond in real time from their stations around the city. Calling the police can be a handy trick when you need to obtain a police car for a mission - pick one up at the station when no one is around.
* Again, developing relationships with people will be a crucial part of the game. The better the relationship with someone, the more you'll benefit. If you ignore someone for too long, they will start contacting you with angry messages.
* Mission dialogue varies after any failed attempts.
* Portions of the city are closed off at the beginning of the game due to a terror alert. Though Niko can visit the unlocked islands, but that will cost as a heavy increase in the heat level.
* Niko is said to be a man with no country, in the same was as Claude had been known as a man with no name.
* Niko spent time in third world prisons.
* All the ladies love Niko Bellic. Girlfriends will again play a big role in the game as a subsidiary of building relationships - although this time it will be more incorporated into the story.
* No more invisible ramps. AKA, the new skeletal-animation system will have Niko's body and specifically his feet fall naturally onto different services. (On a set of stairs, Niko will take each step, not walk up an invisible ramp). It's a subtle feature that's explosively illustrated when Niko or any NPC is run down by a car or dragged by a bumper.
* After telling Houser how much they enjoyed cooking grenades and tossing them out windows of a car, he offered a hint about the online multiplayer "I just like running up to a bunch of players with the grenade cooking in my hands and taking them all out with me."
* You can resist arrest when getting busted by tapping A/X. This however will reward you an additional wanted star.
* If you enjoyed the San Andreas multiplayer modes, then you should be a happy with GTA IV online.
* The motion sensing in the PS3 version will work in "a way that makes sense" is all Sam Houser would reveal.
* At first, the map of Liberty City was to be enormous - roughly the size of the state of New York. It seemed logical to go bigger at first, but Rockstar decided the focus should be about making the whole GTA experience larger.

Thats great to hear , thanks Himuro

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Tr4nce said:
Man you said exactly what I thought. From what I have heard now, I really don't like the music, I hope too that we will have some good EDM in there, maybe some classic stuff even. Well there's 18 radio stations so I think there should be at least one I like. Right? Right? :(

Nothing can compare tio doing drivebys with classic fm humming in the background! Pure poetry!

Tr4nce

Good job Himuro ;)

The multiplayer can bring so freaking much fun, if R* nails it right. It has the potential to be one of the most played online games I think. I can't believe this game, it's all so full of win. The single player mode will keep me busy for months, just like the older GTA's, but this multiplayer thing adds even more gaming fun, it will be incredible.

And about the six-axis stuff, maybe you can use it to drive, like Motorstorm or maybe it will play a role in the mini-games in GTA, like when playing pool or something?

I can not fucking wait any longer. The wait is a torment, it's killing me. This game could be very important in the way that it could be revolutionary to this gen. Gimme this game now please!!

sadaiyappan

I was listening to 1up yours the other day and they were talking about how GTA4 brought a big smile on the dude that got to play it's face and how happy he was afterwards..

I think he said something like the multiplayer is good and that it is "surprising" but that you will like it.. So it must be something that is different that hasn't been done before..

Doing driveby's online is not surprising it is what we are all hoping will be in it so it must be something different..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom