• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabanton

newsguy said:
I call bullshit. Every preview mentions that the framerate is smooth even with rain and multiple effects going on.

But also remember that these magazine and websites are hardly going to say anything bad about GTA4 seeing as they'd very likely not be invited back to further previews.

Amir0x said:
A launch party?

What is going to happen at this launch party?
The XBox Live contest's grand prize is a trip to NYC for the launch party. I don't know when or where this will be, but I'm definitely going to try to crash it

Mindlog

So, I just started playing SA again.

Fun is had by all, first GF died in a driveby though. It's what she wanted to do. Weird. Of course she was in the car with me so I'm pretty sure I did it.

The relationship was doomed from the start. As soon as I got her out of the burning building she was hit by a firetruck.

Amir0x said:
I WANT TO ENTER THE CONTEST LINK
I got there from Kotaku, but their link isn't working anymore.

edit: peeking around the GTA forums, it seems like no one can find the link. Unless they abruptly canceled the contest, I'd imagine you could find it via xbox.com at some point in the future

Himuro said:
The drop in quality from Lazlow was enormous from GTAIII -> SA. In Vice City he still had a lot of that good ol charm but SA Lazlow was entirely lacking in his previous personality.

Lazlow was awesome in Vice City.

"So anyway today check this out, I got turn down for a date by a waitress! Can you believe that! I mean who would turn down me for a date? You're a waitress baby! Not a megastar! Bring me some ketchup honey! Some people just don't know talent when they see it or hear it!"
Ah thanks much, I see now.

Wollan

Regarding the Housers, those have to be the most reserved big celebs in gaming. The media may pull them out due to periodic GTA scandales but those guys never seem to put up a face at various events or do sessions at GDC..etc.

neptunes

u might wanna remove those quickly

and no need to quote him (to ban him)

If he honestly knew the rules I'm guessing he wouldn't have posted them

it's not his fault really, GAF used to send mixed messages when they allowed Foreign Scans

any new member could have easily been confused and assumed all Scans were ok

Madman

X26 said:
This is something many are going to worry about till the game is out no matter what, me included even having read all the positive previews about it
Same here. I'll deal with an unstable framerate and technical issues, but I would like a stable framerate.

Pharmacy

Banned
picture evidence lol

2lmw7dz.gif

kylej

Banned
Wollan said:
Regarding the Housers, those have to be the most reserved big celebs in gaming. The media may pull them out due to periodic GTA scandales but those guys never seem to put up a face at various events or do sessions at GDC..etc.

Wired said:
But as one former employee puts it, “The money turned them into jackasses very quickly.”

The Housers became increasingly demanding. Gillian Telling, a former assistant to Dan, remembers being commanded to clean snow out of his home satellite dish. When she failed to bring in the right kind of bagel, she says he called her a “useless whore” and a “cunt". Former employees say they routinely heard yelled insults and slammed telephones.

I wouldn't say they're little angels or anything but they do seem to keep to themselves. Sucks too, I'd like to hear more from them.

h3ro

Pharmacy said:
picture evidence lol

*pic of pic of scans*

Why tempt fate or the mood of the mods by putting that up?

If you get banned, then who's going to call out all the champions in the monthly pick-up threads that post stock pics???

MMaRsu

You know I really like Lazlow as well, so I'm glad he's back in Gta4. Also Patrice O'Neil is in Gta4 too! He's apparantly a friend of Lazlow so...

His radioshow is cool too.. www.lazlow.com

Pharmacy

Banned
h3ro said:
Why tempt fate or the mood of the mods by putting that up?

If you get banned, then who's going to call out all the champions in the monthly pick-up threads that post stock pics???

cos its a print screen of what someone else posted, theres no links there, it ain't bannable. dont worry, im sticking around for the monthly pick up thread bro

also omgggggggggg GTA4 omgggggggggggggggggg i hope you can just jump into online and dick around with your friends ala burnout

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Please Make Mostly Every Tire Heavy, Everytime Stuff Camps Right Even Electirc New Saturdays.

Well hell. That wasn't even creative was it?

Thrakier

newsguy said:
I call bullshit. Every preview mentions that the framerate is smooth even with rain and multiple effects going on.

So, how many magazines mentioned the shitty framerate issues of san andreas? And how many points were deducted from the review score because of this? You see what I mean? This mag is a very serios mag with a long hardcore-gamer tradition. I believe them. And it'S not like it's a big surprise if GTA has frame-rate issues. Every GTA 3D game had them and they got worse, not better. Since San Andreas it should be clear to everyone that a polished game with a solid framerate is not what rockstar is aiming for.

I have great respect for them because they developed the whole Sandbox-Genre but I don't think that they are very competent when it comes to game engines.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Topher said:
Please Make Mostly Every Tire Heavy, Everytime Stuff Camps Right Even Electirc New Saturdays.

Well hell. That wasn't even creative was it?
Pardon my misconception; evidently, the escalation shifts constantly, randomly, exceeding every noted standard.

Just wanted to see what I could string up.

hay this gta4 looks good and stuff

Thrakier said:
So, how many magazines mentioned the shitty framerate issues of san andreas? And how many points were deducted from the review score because of this? You see what I mean? This mag is a very serios mag with a long hardcore-gamer tradition. I believe them. And it'S not like it's a big surprise if GTA has frame-rate issues. Every GTA 3D game had them and they got worse, not better. Since San Andreas it should be clear to everyone that a polished game with a solid framerate is not what rockstar is aiming for.

I have great respect for them because they developed the whole Sandbox-Genre but I don't think that they are very competent when it comes to game engines.

one of the new previews said that they ended their play session in star junction at night, with pedestrians everywhere, in the pouring rain, blowing up cars with a rocket launcher, and there was no slow-down. Believe!

newsguy

Thrakier said:

All this is good and true, but it's a new generation, and I believe with the extra time they can accomplish a smooth framerate. I'm not saying the game will be a locked 30 fps no matter what, but if it's smoother than Saint's Row I will be happy.

Oh, and
When she failed to bring in the right kind of bagel, she says he called her a “useless whore” and a “cunt".

:lol :lol :lol Housers am hardcore confirmed.

newsguy

Dabanton said:
But also remember that these magazine and websites are hardly going to say anything bad about GTA4 seeing as they'd very likely not be invited back to further previews.

IGN trashed the framerate in their first preview of the game. They were invited back, and now have wonderful things to say about the smoothness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom