• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

SolidSnakex said:
It's not too surprising. While some ports have turned out bad on the PS3, this was one port that Sony wasn't going to allow that to happen to.

Save your breath until the launch, mr. Formal. :)

Hopefully you are correct though.

BeeDog

HolyStar said:
Jesus people. Is it me, or is the majority of Neogaf bias towards the PS3 like Gamefaqs is bias toward Nintendo?

Are you daft? There's a hell of a lot of xbots and ntards on these boards too, you're just noticing the SDF here more because they keep bickering about the DLC.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
BeeDog said:
Are you daft? There's a hell of a lot of xbots and ntards on these boards too, you're just noticing the SDF here more because they keep bickering about the DLC.

There have always been more Sony fans on GAF than the others.

-Knife: "one slash across the face was enough to drop a bad guy"

I hope this isn't as cheap as it sounds.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
BeeDog said:

Last usage of Sbot on GAF =
September 10th 2007
Search results 1-50 range from June 4th 2006 - September 10th 2007 of 60 results

Last usage of xbot before this post on GAF
12:30 PM today
Search results 1-50 range from February 14th 2008 - Today of 1000 results

Last usage of ntard before this post of GAF
February 21st 2008
Search results 1-50 range from July 2nd 2007 - February 21st 2008 of 417 results

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
WrikaWrek said:
We knew Ps3 would get DLC too. But who cares about your minor and standard DLC, when we are talking about major DLC like episodes? That's what the Ps3 isn't getting.
That's one.

InterMoniker said:
his is how I feel. GTA was made for the playstation controller.
That's two.

Atomspike said:
Don't forget the comfort of peace of mind , the RROD is a major threat during extended play sessions.
That's three.

Russtic said:
SDF hard at work:
That's four.

Holystar said:
Jesus people. Is it me, or is the majority of Neogaf bias towards the PS3 like Gamefaqs is bias toward Nintendo?
That's five.

BeeDog said:
That's six.

Alright, back to the music!

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
bishoptl said:
That's one.

That's two.

That's three.

That's four.

That's five.

That's six.

Train crew has fixed the track! Is someone keeping an updated list of all the tracks known to be in the game so far? Also, have they said anything further about the phone playing music while on foot? I just want to make sure it doesn't play over stuff.

ZeroTolerance

bishoptl said:
That's one.

That's two.

That's three.

That's four.

That's five.

That's six.

1fwun9.gif

raYne

I come for the info, but stay for the carnage.
The Chef said:
Damn Bish you got a taste for blood now.
Hahaha that was epic
It's like that, "Don't point at crocodiles", topic over in the OT.

-In dense areas like Algonquin, painted yellow lines adjacent to safehouses serve as GTA IV's garages. Park your car there and it'll remain there indefinitely.
That's good news right there. :D

Wait, I know that you can get mugged in the game, but was there any confirmation about being carjacked? Or having your car stolen?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Ok Finally pre-ordered on amazon.com. That free license plate is too good to pass up. Anyone knows where i can find GTA posters?

newsguy

Holy shit Bish. I came in this thread pissed cause I didn't have internet access all day. Now that I see the heads rolling I'm glad I missed the fun. I hate the console war bullshit, but had I been sucked into it I would be gone, and I don't know if I could handle it this close to launch :lol

I love that "Captain Morgan" reference when talking about how intricate Euphoria is. No more stepping through hollow bodies! I'm going to kill people in close enough proximity to make a little human bridge. So awesome.

neojubei

SolidSnakex said:
Nope, EGM apparently knows what it is but Rockstar won't allow them to really talk about it.

The multi-player will probably be awesome with all the secrecy. I cannot believe this game comes out next month, next month. NEXT MONTH!!!

newsguy

neojubei said:
The multi-player will probably be awesome with all the secrecy. I cannot believe this game comes out next month, next month. NEXT MONTH!!!

I'm infinitely hyped for the rumored cops and robbers mode. Just thinking about the possibilities makes me moist.

neojubei

newsguy said:
I'm infinitely hyped for the rumored cops and robbers mode. Just thinking about the possibilities makes me moist.

Wait what? Really? that, that sound epic. Cops and robbers online. sweet!!!

EnjoyIncubus said:
Seamless multiplayer ala Burnout Paradise would be all kinds of awesome.

Burnout is the staple of how all online game should work.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Gah! That was a close one. *wipes off brow*

Does anyone else really loathe the way Rockstar promotes their GTA games? How I'd love some actual gameplay footage and some detailed multiplayer impressions, but they string us along until release.

Definitely builds hype and works well for their marketing, but I'm still sad. :(

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I am glad they do that, far too often do devs spoil allot of the good parts of their games with previews ect.

I know you can choose not to read them, but god damn its hard not too.

chubigans said:

Does anyone else really loathe the way Rockstar promotes their GTA games? How I'd love some actual gameplay footage and some detailed multiplayer impressions, but they string us along until release.

Definitely builds hype and works well for their marketing, but I'm still sad. :(

Still 2 months to go. A lot can be revealed.

I am basically staying away from the GTA 4 hype train though, i kinda ruined SA for myself by over-indulging in videos and previews and such.

Although i did pick up VCS for the ps2 today, figured i would just get the last GTA out of the way before 4 hits. i got it on PSP last year, but just couldn't seem to get more than an hour into it before the small screen killing it for me.

chubigans said:

It can be annoying, but on the other hand it's one of the few big games where even if you follow it closely you're still surprised at what you see in the game because they don't reveal a whole lot about it.

This has nothing to do with console wars BS (don't ban me!) but one big advantage GTA4 has on the PS3 is that there isn't a good current-gen sandbox yet on the system. It's got Spiderman 3, which blows, and Assassin's Creed, which is fun but too flawed and structured to compete, and that's about it. It'll be nice to play a real sandbox with physics and stuff.

Core407

Banned
BobJustBob said:
This has nothing to do with console wars BS (don't ban me!) but one big advantage GTA4 has on the PS3 is that there isn't a good current-gen sandbox yet on the system. It's got Spiderman 3, which blows, and Assassin's Creed, which is fun but too flawed and structured to compete, and that's about it. It'll be nice to play a real sandbox with physics and stuff.

Seems more like a disadvantage of the PS3...

dejay

Banned
*witnesses Bish's carnage*

Holy fuck!

Anyway, is it wrong that this thread is the first thing I check every time I get on the net?

SNUG REVOL said:
"UAV online!"

"Incoming airstrike!"

"Helicopter standing by!"

Damn bish, thanks for the clean up.:lol

Oh God! :lol My bro is playing COD4 as i laugh at this :lol

Too bad they weren't equipped with faster sprint or RPG! :lol

That said, I welcome GTA4 to both 360 and PS3 (Bro buying for 360 while I'll buy for PS3 in near future). Why two? Because only one of us can play if there's only one disc -_-

traveler

Not Wario
Bizzyb said:
Ummm did I just miss something?? Why the heck did Bishop just ban all of those guys?

bishoptl said:
Wow, a whole day's worth of this DLC system wars? I thought I made it clear before that this was for discussion of the game, not waving your e-peens. It's been made clear that MS has paid for exclusive DLC and the 360 will get it in August. Period, end of story.

Until a press release detailing any additional DLC content comes out from one of the principals, the next person to shit up this thread with who is/isn't getting what gets 3 months of time on the pine.

The next person after that? 6 months. And so on.

Go here if you want to browbeat each other about DLC.

Now, back to those beautiful, beautiful screens.

Wollan

Is it possible to say how long their absence will be?

Anyways,
was down at EB Melbourne Central today, the store was almost hidden behind a wall of GTA4 posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom