• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
squatingyeti said:
Is no one really concerned about the pop-up flipswitch pointed out in that article?

Distractingly noticeable doesn't sound good. I guess it's ok as long as a car or barrier doesn't just manifest itself right in my way when it looked all clear.

I haven't heard anyone else mention it. It's like that German article that said the slowdown was still really bad while everyone else says it runs smooth.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Detail of glass shattering.

23248_GrandTheftAutoIV-20_normal.jpg

allreal

Loudninja said:

:lol :lol :lol
bugers...boogers...awesome.....

n the one with the shit blowin up in the air with the cops is pretty amazing

oh n the blood stained jackets.....fuking awesome...epicness.

Tr4nce

I saw some of these screens in a few scans straying on the Internets, but I'm glad I can now officially talk about them.

ONE WORD: F*CKING AWESOME

Kordos

Himuro said:
Goddamit I'm tired of reading about this. This is probably my biggest worry. What if you're in the middle of a mission and some random punk decides to rear end you at 60 mph? It sounds neat, but there are so many random factors in GTA, and this could just happen AT ANY TIME.

If you got rear-ended, wouldn't you go flying out the back window? :)

I wouldn't worry too much about this - I figure it's limited to high-impact head-on collisions only.

Loudninja said:

That, my friends, is exciting.

Tr4nce

Also awesome to see some ped is looking for something in his trunk. In previous installments it was like the peds didn't even know their cars had a trunk.

The wait is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilling me.

It's so fucking nice seeing how the framerate is now compared to earlier trailers. The delay's been painful but seems sooooo worth it. Hype++;

Loudninja

Tr4nce said:
Also awesome to see some ped is looking for something in his trunk. In previous installments it was like the peds didn't even know their cars had a trunk.

The wait is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilling me.

Yet, we are unable to use them :(

Dabanton

So the first two radio stations in the game are up on the main site.

Vladivostok FM
Post Communist Community Radio

And

IF99
International Funk Music

In the recruitment video, that LCPD recruitment center in the LC Times Square is actually the army recruitment center where that pipe bomb went off the other night.

Also, that glitzy Subway sign is a dead ringer for the subway sign at Broadway & 42nd Street

It's also cool to see the mini-van cab in that last shot, very NYC

newsguy

Himuro said:
So the site was updated again? Where are you guys seeing these videos?

Yes! go now. Check out the new Vladivostok FM, very cool stuff on that station. Also LCPD recruitment vid is perfect.

newsguy

Himuro said:
Naw. My favorite screenshot, which I'm not allowed to post since it was in FHM is better than all of these imo. Except the motion blur pic of Niko running. :eek:
Post Modern Methods Enrich Those Humble Enough Providing Invaluable Clarity

Dabanton

MrCompletely said:
In the recruitment video, that LCPD recruitment center in the LC Times Square is actually the army recruitment center where that pipe bomb went off the other night.

Seriously dude? I jokingly said the other day that it could be a R* publicity stunt
but i'd doubt even they'd go that far...

Z_Y

newsguy said:
23247_GrandTheftAutoIV-19_normal.jpg

This could be the most impressive screenshot ever. It's magical

At first (quick) glance I thought that was a first person view looking through your front windshield with a bullet hole. I thought it was a pretty cool example of what was described in one of the previews above about how when you get killed...you get first person perspective of your final moments.

After you quoted it...I realized that I was actually looking at something exploding mid-air...lighting up the night time sky.

Color me AMAZED AND ANXIOUS!

WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom