• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

raYne

blanky said:
The cop's hat on the right side seems a tad too big ;p
They only had enough funds to order one size. What with constantly having to replace blown up police cars, helis, training the new cop replacements etc.

GET OFF THEIR BACKS! :/

Tr4nce

Again a tiny bit of news from GTA4.net:

GTA4.net said:
German magazines MAN!AC and GamePro have new previews of GTA IV in their latest (April) editions. Most of the information is old, but they did manage to reveal that there is a radio station in the game called Beat 102.7, which is certainly new to us. Thanks to GTA-Xtreme.de for the info.

painey

datei_1205684465.jpg

http://www.gta-xtreme.de/

Not real, but an idea of how it may look. Its got my juices flowing.

Capoeira

The lighting in this game is just... ahhhhh.

Look at how the red of the taxi's brake light convincingly bleeds onto the asphalt...

What?

Himuro said:
Portugese preview contains some interesting pieces of info.

- We already know that you can use the database in LCPD police car computers. However, BGamer states that you can take a picture of someone with your cellphone and then search for that person in the computer to find all of their information. Does this mean you can look up anyone and find their address? We will have to wait and see!
- The magazine editors asked Rockstar Games if there was any place that they could see some Portuguese pedestrians or a Portuguese part of town. Rockstar Games told them to drive to an area north of Alderney. When they arrived, they found themselves in a Portuguese neighborhood with flags and posters representing their culture.
- When the car alarm is triggered, the police units in the area will be aware of it.

source: gtaforums
thats so cool!

Himuro said:
Um. Should I make a new thread? When I edit my OP now, the textbox is empty. I copy and paste my edited post, and it's the same way it was from before. It won't edit at all.
could you just make a link to a post thats later in the thread for further info?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im really hoping this game can live up to its amazing predecessors in the next gen format. The thought of an "everything" game is very appealing.

newsguy

It's pretty crazy how much more lifelike it looks now. The biggest thing I see with that comparison shot is the realistic feel. The world looks grittier, the lighting looks more dynamic and lifelike.

newsguy said:
It's pretty crazy how much more lifelike it looks now. The biggest thing I see with that comparison shot is the realistic feel. The world looks grittier, the lighting looks more dynamic and lifelike.

I was walking through Astor Place tonight and I got all giddy just thinking about how absolutely fucking sick the atmosphere on this game is going to be.

If it nails it, it's just going to be an absolutely unparalleled experience.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Himuro said:
Um. Should I make a new thread? When I edit my OP now, the textbox is empty. I copy and paste my edited post, and it's the same way it was from before. It won't edit at all.

i had that problem once on my freeware thread, its because there is a certain limit of characters you can put on any given post i think, sorry there isn`t any solution until the administrators can fix it guess.

dejay

Banned
Yeah, a few people when they make mega-threads reserve a second post for more info. There is room to shorten some of your points in the OP, like removing the comments from the song list. That will get you a few hundred extra characters, but after that I don't know what you would do. Maybe Bish can wave his magic wand.

newsguy said:
From Planetgta.

An entire station with Green Lantern with only stuff produced by him? That NY mixtape sound is gonna be so nice.

Some stuff Green Lantern produced:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_INOJc-n78

And he did this one here (he sampled FF 7 music for this track BTW)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JuAu7cdgtng
OMFG GREEEEN LANTTERRNN!!! HAHA Hottest dude on Hot 97 behind Funk Flex, so pumped!
HD TV bought, sound system in check. Now all's I need is a PS3 and GTA IV.

I bought my $2000 sound system for GTA IV:lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
dejay said:
Yeah, a few people when they make mega-threads reserve a second post for more info. There is room to shorten some of your points in the OP, like removing the comments from the song list. That will get you a few hundred extra characters, but after that I don't know what you would do. Maybe Bish can wave his magic wand.
I wouldn't stress over it too much. This thread will be replaced by the obligatory "OMG GTA4 IS OUT" thread when the game is released, and R* doesn't usually release a lot of info. I'm surprised that they released as much as they did, to be honest.

blanky said:
The cop's hat on the right side seems a tad too big ;p

:lol That's actually the sign behind him ;)

Wow, that's a pretty terrible shot.

:lol Oh, these people want the moon on a stick :D

The dead bodies staying in the world thing, it doesn't mean forever, that would be sick :D It just means it won't fade away 10 seconds later. The ambulance will probably come and get them like most GTAs. Or you could ring 911 and say "I've found a dead body"...and then rig it with a bomb, then blow it up when they carry it away :lol
I'd like to think if I shot a hole in a wall at the beginning of the game it's still there when I finish ;)

Someone asked about the in car view, it was in OPM UK. They had a screen shot as well. I'm surprised no one noticed it, it's in one of the videos too.

Tr4nce

My God, Himuro. What have you done the the OP?? I know you encountered a lack of space, but surely you didn't have to remove all of the info :lol

Yasser

Linkzg said:
Streets being packed with cars is awesome. I always hated it when streets were totally empty.
you say that now, but i bet there'll be mission where you need to get from a to b within a time limit and you'll be like "motherfuck this traffic!"

Oni Jazar

Anyone know if GTA4 finally gets rid of the problem where the cars dissapear form memory when you're not facing that way? IE you have traffic, you turn your back to it and turn back and the cars are gone/different?

Ranger X

Oni Jazar said:
Anyone know if GTA4 finally gets rid of the problem where the cars dissapear form memory when you're not facing that way? IE you have traffic, you turn your back to it and turn back and the cars are gone/different?

Maybe. But to set your expectations in the realm of the possible, there will be disappearing cars for the simple reason that's there's no infinite ram of infinite data save space.

DenogginizerOS said:
Has it been confirmed that the controls can be re-mapped for X360 and/or PS3?

EDIT: What happened to the OP?

You can select classic controls (GTA3-SA control scheme). That's all we really know right now.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Tr4nce said:
I find the music in that intro quite un-GTA'ish, it sounds more like some orchestra music theme for a good movie. But maybe it's real, I dunno.

Ah... I'm watching it at work without sound, so I didn't pick up on that part.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
SolidSnakex said:
It's rather convenient that the video shuts off right before the game starts up.

Yeah... the more I think about it, the more fake it seems. I like the concept of the video though.

:lol @the fucking LIGHTHOUSE and the lack of the statue of liberty. as far as i know there arent any damn lighthouses off the manhattan shores. FAKE. and that music sucks. that looked more like shenmue than GTA.

Goldrusher

MobiusPigeon said:
:lol @the fucking LIGHTHOUSE and the lack of the statue of liberty. as far as i know there arent any damn lighthouses off the manhattan shores. FAKE. and that music sucks. that looked more like shenmue than GTA.

What? The very first thing you see is the statue of liberty / happiness.

The distance to the city, as well as the lighthouse and the steamboats (wtf ?) are strange though.

newsguy

Ranger X said:
Fake. It's made like a teaser + look and sound like one.

Yep. As a matter of fact, that video looks like it could have been one of the first things R* ever put out for the game. Think about it, they take journalists in a room, show them this teaser (complete with music that won't be in the game) and all it gives them is the idea that the game will be set in NY. Then it says T2 and R* present GTA4. It's like a tease from 4 years ago that someone put in their PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom