• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Andrew.

Banned
Just got the Three Man Army troph. Easy peasy. Invite out whatever two characters to hang, armor up a four door ride and head to the LS airport runway. Simple.

Something somewhere went wrong on Franklin because my Michael has 2.5 million, my Trevor has 1.7 million, and my Franklin only has 200k AND less businesses than the other two.

I'm about 55% and I'm in a similar situation. I stupidly bought Smoke on the Water and have been playing catch up ever since. I love the game and all, I think it's he best GTA yet overall, but the money system is fucked. They should just put a disclaimer on the box telling you not to spend any money or touch assassination missions until completion when you can invest all your cash into shares.

Zornack

I read that at after the last mission
AUG stock skyrockets.
I'm about halfway through but I'm looking for somewhere to put my money and forget about it until I'm done with the game and
continue with the Lester assassination missions.
Is what I read true?

Zornack

Not with trevor..guess i need to buy michael a hangar.

I parked my jet in the
hanger Trevor gets after killing some biker guys or something. The mission where you're a sniper protecting one of your allies then jump in a plane and drop off some goods.
It saved and now I have infinite jets.

Triathlon was pretty neat. Got 1st place

Did Flight School for the first time. Knifing the plane is a such a pain in the ass. Oddly enough, I got a Gold Medal on all the plane missions (Emergency landing took a lot of tries) but silvers on the helicopter, parachute and final flight mission. Also flew my first jet. Couldn't turn that thing while on the ground :( And I crashed and died twice >_>

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just finished. Playtime was about 30 hours. Random thoughts for those that are on the fence about buying it. As a reference, I thought GTA IV was just slightly above average.

+Heists are incredible, and make the game. Seriously, they're pure fun. Leagues better than GTA IV's bank robbery.
+The story is solid, for a videogame. The characters are interesting and well written, with the exception of Trevor at times and Michael's family.
+Lots of variety in missions. Outside of the first couple hours, you do so many different things. Really impressive.
+Switching between characters mid-mission is great. I loved changing up roles during a heist.
+The driving is spot on. Handling is good, and racing through traffic never gets old.
+Random events are refreshing, and something that should be in every open world game.
+The city is just as good as GTA IV, and there's plenty to do.

-The on-foot controls are still bad. Better than IV, but not where they should be.
-Combat is serviceable, but could definitely be better. Snapping to each enemy is unnecessary, but you can turn it off so it's not a big deal. Free aiming doesn't have the right feel though
-There's a handful of missions in the middle that I didn't really care for. I can't really specify them for spoiling anything, so I won't mention them.
-Everything involving Michael's family was poor at best. I couldn't stand them (although I guess that's kind of the point).
-Trevor doesn't really fit in with the rest of the game that much.

Even with some issues, the highs in this game are exceptional, and it's one of my favorite games of the generation. If I have to do an arbitrary score, I'd give it something like an 8.5-9. Great game, and a game that actually reflects the budget put into it for once.

Lima

Triathlon was pretty neat. Got 1st place

Did Flight School for the first time. Knifing the plane is a such a pain in the ass. Oddly enough, I got a Gold Medal on all the plane missions (Emergency landing took a lot of tries) but silvers on the helicopter, parachute and final flight mission. Also flew my first jet. Couldn't turn that thing while on the ground :( And I crashed and died twice >_>

Use LB and RB or corresponding buttons on PS depending on your button configuration for turning on the ground. This is also why you are having problems with knifing when it is easy if you use the rudders.

Milchjon

Just finished the story. Felt like it lost a bit of steam towards the end. I still think San Andreas had moments that felt more "epic" and I still prefer it in some regards.

Still a stunning achievement. Time to 100% it.

For people looking to 100% the map and having trouble with the ocean.

Steal the military jet, got to your map and place a waypoint in an area where you haven't visited before. It will reveal the map partially behind it.

Really helps when trying to find what parts of the ocean count for the map.

Avixph

Have you people checked the Easter Eggs for this game,
especially the the ones that appear after beating the game 100%
?
Here are some examples:
Finding U.F.O.s flying over the very top of Mount Chiliad, over the the maximum altitude above the Fort Zancudo military base at , and over the highest altitude above the hippy camp in Sandy Shores.
Hunting down Bigfoot.
Does anyone mind finding these Easter Eggs?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Finished the story, I always feel a little down after finishing the story of a good game, the meat of it is over now, these credits though, sure like to go on, lol.

jey_16

Banned
Just finished the first heist
the gun guy that I picked fell of his bike (I went for the smart option so thought I could go with the worst when choosing the gun guy), looks like it cost me a lot of money. Is that going to hurt me moving forward in the game?

I'm guessing this means you shouldn't go for the guy taking the lowest cut when picking your team regardless of the way you are approaching the heist

Lima

the gun guy that I picked fell of his bike (I went for the smart option so thought I could go with the worst when choosing the gun guy), looks like it cost me a lot of money. Is that going to hurt me moving forward in the game?

I'm guessing this means you shouldn't go for the guy taking the lowest cut when picking your team regardless of the way you are approaching the heist

You could have picked up the money by driving over it and no the the event is scripted. It will also happen with a more skilled and expensive dude.

Beaulieu

guy fell for me too but I got his cut so it's best that he died.

Just got in a Heli for the first time and it feels like shit, worse than GTA 4's heli's even. Flying is a twitchy mess, and I was hoping Rockstar would make more use of the right stick for flying controls.

Orbis

I'm not sure how to go about that heist without
someone crashing in the chase, because I've heard it happened to people with a decent gunman too, but you could have picked up the money by driving through it
. That probably wasn't obvious unless
you were behind him and saw it on the floor. And yes, money seems very hard to come by and there's really nothing comparable for income that I've seen so far. Michael got like an $800k cut from the first heist for me

Megasoum

Banned
So what's happening with Epsilon?

I started the chain, paid the 500$ and then the 5000$...now I can watch the presentation on the website... Is that it?

Errrr. For the Lester missions you're usually supposed to buy the stock during the mission, not after you beat it. Once you beat the mission, the stock gets automatically manipulated. The only exception is one of the missions where you're supposed to buy the stock after the mission because it tanks, before it goes back up again.

So Michael & Trevor can't get in on the stock manipulations.

MormaPope

Banned
Just beat the game. Best GTA based on mission variety alone, unpredictable missions along with extremely well done pacing. Hilarious and heartfelt dialog, great chemistry between all the characters.

As for DLC/expansions, I imagine a early 90's Los Santos gang war related expansion would be awesome. Turf wars, drug stealing and selling, new licensed soundtrack/stations, an emphasis on upgrading your gang's skills and weapons. New playable characters as well.

Zornack

So Michael & Trevor can't get in on the stock manipulations.

The stocks take a good awhile to peak so while you won't get as much if you quit after finding out which stocks you're manipulating, invest on all three character then restart the mission you can still make a pretty penny by imminently investing after you beat the mission.

Yep, PS3 won.

PS3_110.bmp.jpg

360_110.bmp.jpg

Is this what causes shadows on the 360 to appear blurry from 5 feet away from you?
So the PS3 doesn't have this problem?

MormaPope

Banned
Just finished the story. Felt like it lost a bit of steam towards the end. I still think San Andreas had moments that felt more "epic" and I still prefer it in some regards.

Still a stunning achievement. Time to 100% it.

Some missions in GTA V left me with my mouth open and stunned. San Andreas arguably still has the best unlocking/pacing of actual stuff within its world. If GTA V had three big cities it would've been challenging to make each city feel warranted for what goes down in GTA V, along with giving each city enough character and stuff to do as well.

GTA on next gen consoles is hard to imagine.

cdkee

Banned
Some missions in GTA V left me with my mouth open and stunned. San Andreas arguably still has the best unlocking/pacing of actual stuff within its world. If GTA V had three big cities it would've been challenging to make each city feel warranted for what goes down in GTA V, along with giving each city enough character and stuff to do as well.

GTA on next gen consoles is hard to imagine.

GTA6 in 2019/2020.

The wait :( They better release GTAV on PS4 to help time pass.

Top Bottom