• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

cdkee

Banned
You get a text from him saying that he dropped your car back at your place. He also says that even with the "enhancements" he made it is still an old man's car.

Huh...I don't remember that. Have to go back and check.

My texts are all messed up though. Whenever I buy vehicles or planes from the internet as Franklin, Trevor gets the emails as well. It's weird.

NIN90

Is there a finite number of Trevor's gun trafficking missions? I got the achievemt but there's still more missions.

I wish they did more with properties in this game. So far they are just huge money sinks with minimal return in both money and unlocks.
The way they unlocked more full fledged missions in VC and SA was such a great concept in my opinion.

duckroll

I've been thinking about something silly. According to the narrative, only 10 Z-Types were ever made. But you can buy one for 10 million bucks. What's stopping 16 players from all owning a Z-Type and taking them out for a spin together in GTA Online? Wouldn't that break continuity? Lol.

I've been thinking about something silly. According to the narrative, only 10 Z-Types were ever made. But you can buy one for 10 million bucks. What's stopping 16 players from all owning a Z-Type and taking them out for a spin together in GTA Online? Wouldn't that break continuity? Lol.

6 people bought replicas.

cdkee

Banned
I spent a good hour last night trying to get one off the ground and it was really satisfying when I did. I found that there are only certain jumbos that are flyable. The ones I was jacking were white and the entry point is down near the front wheel.

I've flown yellow ones. Just gotta make sure it's actually a jumbo, aka 4 engines not 2.

So I just finished the game. Easily the best game of the generation for me.

There were some things I didn't like about it:

-The map was super under-utilized. I mean there's so many small houses and villages and picturesqe areas in the game that were never used. I mean what the hell is that giant
prison
doing in the middle of the map?

-Another thing that was disappointing was the lack of interiors. No entertable Cluck'n'Bells or Burger Shots? No night clubs we can do into besides strip clubs? No bars? I would've thought the properties we bought could at least be entertable but none of them are.

-Also the way body armor works in this game is stupid. You basically need to hit up an Ammunation before you start a mission every time, otherwise a few stray bullets could kill your ass.

-Lastly, I felt the game was missing a lot of leisure inter activities. It would've been cool to be able to show up at the beach and you could partake in a bonfire beach party at night time where you could get drunk and dance like in San Andreas. And the fact that I couldn't workout at Muscle Beach in Vespucci was also a letdown.

Besides that what a glorious game!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
These rampages are seriously fun. Why? Because they allow me to move around and use the great free aim shooting mechanics without being killed in a matter of seconds if I'm not in cover because I can constantly use Trevor's special ability meaning I actually have a reasonable amount of health.

It's how fun these rampages are to play that convince me that open shootouts with cops would be a hell of a lot more fun if the health system wasn't so bullshitty. These shooting mechanics are great but the ridiculously unforgiving health system makes it hard to see that a lot of the time especially when just messing around. Imagine if Max Payne 3 had no painkillers. That's what I feel GTA V is when it comes to combat. Close to MP3 level shooting but without the health balance.

kris.

Banned

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Thinking is wrong!

Y'know, the amazing changes made for the weapon swapping can't be overstated enough. It's a no brainer improvement, but being able to swap from my pistol to RPG in an instant whilst having time slow down just to give you a chance to think on what to use is a godsend. Which makes it all the more baffling and frustrating that they didn't keep it the same for when you're driving. What gives? Having to tap to get to my stick bombs in a high speed chase can be a real buzz kill, especially when you overtap X/Square and have to go through all the weapons again. Should have been the same as holding LB/L2, there's no reason not to be, right? If Rockstar are nice enough to throw in a few gameplay tweaks along with bug fixes in the next patch, please let this be one of them.

grkazan12

Does anyone know where I can find the pause menu music? The soundtrack didn't have it which really bummed me out, it's so fucking good.

wtf just happened? i was playing Trevor and I was in the middle of nowhere at night and i get ambushed by a group of people. Before I do anything they shoot me with a Tazer, and Trevor does "No not again". Next thing I know is I'm naked on a train track with a train coming. I'm confused wtf happened. It was just some random event...

Does anyone know where I can find the pause menu music? The soundtrack didn't have it which really bummed me out, it's so fucking good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwldW2KOJfw

wtf just happened? i was playing Trevor and I was in the middle of nowhere at night and i get ambushed by a group of people. Before I do anything they shoot me with a Tazer, and Trevor does "No not again". Next thing I know is I'm naked on a train track with a train coming. I'm confused wtf happened. It was just some random event...

I've also had that as a random event. Pretty funny. Loved the 'No, not again!' and the waking up the train tracks.

duckroll

Sounds like racism to me. Canadians just can't catch a break.

Was there ever a comparison done between the ground textures on 360 and PS3? I've noticed pretty impressive ground textures on the 360 version aside form the occasional grassy knoll that looks like shit. Otherwise the concrete, sand and small areas of grass are all very detailed.

Avixph

Have you people checked the Easter Eggs for this game,
especially the the ones that appear after beating the game 100%
?
Here are some examples:
Finding U.F.O.s flying over the very top of Mount Chiliad, over the the maximum altitude above the Fort Zancudo military base at , and over the highest altitude above the hippy camp in Sandy Shores.
Hunting down Bigfoot.

StuBurns

Banned
Was there ever a comparison done between the ground textures on 360 and PS3? I've noticed pretty impressive ground textures on the 360 version aside form the occasional grassy knoll that looks like shit. Otherwise the concrete, sand and small areas of grass are all very detailed.
Yep, PS3 won.

PS3_110.bmp.jpg

360_110.bmp.jpg

Really love the humor with Trevor and him being Canadian/Hipster persisting even after the game.

I just randomly drove in the windmill area and came into a RV jumping up and down from two men going at it, all of a sudden they yell quit hes going to tell and kill me lmao

Love this game

Jamie OD

It will turn out that 6 people bought the brand new Z-Type Zed Class, of which only 6 were made.

THRILLH0

Banned
Spoilers for first Lester mission:

Did I get suckered into buying lifeinvader stock? After I blow up the Jobs clone Lester tells me it would be a great time to start investing and lo and behold lifeinvader has just tanked.

Sink all of Michael's cash into it and, IT NEVER RECOVERS! This sucks as I feel like the game was not so subtly hinting that this is what I should do.

Did I get fucked or does it eventually come around?

zewone

Did I get suckered into buying lifeinvader stock? After I blow up the Jobs clone Lester tells me it would be a great time to start investing and lo and behold lifeinvader has just tanked.

Sink all of Michael's cash into it and, IT NEVER RECOVERS! This sucks as I feel like the game was not so subtly hinting that this is what I should do.

You got F'd in the A.

I'm pretty sure he says to invest in a rival company, not LifeInvader.

Batigol

Banned
Are all the kill stats intertwined?

I wanted to see what my kills were for civilians/criminals/police separately

I'm on 1k kills with Franklin alone :lol Sometimes I just drive around on the sidewalk

I did the same thing. It never recovers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Something somewhere went wrong on Franklin because my Michael has 2.5 million, my Trevor has 1.7 million, and my Franklin only has 200k AND less businesses than the other two.

MMaRsu

Guys thanks for tips on stealing a jet!! It worked like a charm :). Im sad you cant park it in your hangar though.. now my mission is to steal an attack chopper.

Not sure if mentioned, I bought the Volume 2 The Score soundtrack from Google Play and every track ends with hissing and scratches. Wrote a note to support, hope they can fix it.

Top Bottom