• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I've been killed 3 times in the span of 15 minutes by 3 random events because of this stupid ass cover system, these glass characters, and how slowly you do everything. This game can be incredibly annoying.

I get the complaints about the shooting in general, but the cover system allows you to snap to cover from a fair distance away. You can also wrap around corners without leaving cover, something you can't do in Max Payne 3 iirc. Cover in MP3 being janky isn't as big a problem considering the way combat-jog and bullet time work (plus quicker reloading during bullet time). I still find it better in V than in any other R* game, except perhaps RDR (though that had regenerating health).

EvaristeG

Banned
So, is it possible to pick another answer to your emails ?

Also, what's the point of having the dog with you ? Can you bring him on missions ?

Lima

So, is it possible to pick another answer to your emails ?

No. Could be another bug given that it clearly says "pick a response"

Also, what's the point of having the dog with you ? Can you bring him on missions ?

You can have a good time with him. He will also attack people if you get into a fire fight and he will help you find collectibles.

Don't know if you can take him on missions.

Nameless

I spent more time than I care to admit yesterday car shopping(roaming rich parts of Los Santos for nice cars), upgrading, then test driving them on the open road with and without cops in pursuit before finally deciding on the 9F(Audi R8 knock off). With carbon outfittings, dark tinted windows, and a paint job to match the thing almost disappears in the dark. Driving in this game is more fun than I was prepared for even being a fan of the series.

Kiraly

Once you set out to 100% the world map, you just realize just how absolutely enormous it is
with mostly nothing in it, but still.

Lima

I spent more time than I care to admit yesterday car shopping(roaming rich parts of Los Santos for nice cars), upgrading, then test driving them on the open road with and without cops in pursuit before finally deciding on the 9F(Audi R8 knock off). With carbon outfittings, dark tinted windows, and a paint job to match the thing almost disappears in the dark. Driving in this game is more fun than I was prepared even being a fan of the series.

Speaking of the cars. They made them closer to their real life counterparts than ever before right? I mean in earlier GTA games you could kinda tell what car it was based on but in 5 they do not even try to hide it anymore.

Andrew.

Banned
Once you set out to 100% the world map, you just realize just how absolutely enormous it is

100%'ed the map last night. Kind of a pain going back to fill in all those little empty spaces, and you gotta make sure you go out into the ocean around the coastline.

DukeBobby

Mostly nothing in it?

It may look that way from a plane or helicopter, but get down to ground level and you'll see lots of interesting stuff.

Andrew.

Banned
How long did it take?

Just cleaning up the spaces on the map and going around the coast took me a good 45 minutes or so. I used a decent speedboat and then a copter.

From playing the entire storyline and side missions, 90% of the map was basically already uncovered by the time I went to finalize.

Speaking of the cars. They made them closer to their real life counterparts than ever before right? I mean in earlier GTA games you could kinda tell what car it was based on but in 5 they do not even try to hide it anymore.

seems so, only a few sedans that i couldn't really tell.

pringles

So points of interest are glitched I guess. Had like 10-15 of them on the map and when I started the game up today all but one had disappeared.. great.

Kiraly

100%'ed the map last night. Kind of a pain going back to fill in all those little empty spaces, and you gotta make sure you go out into the ocean around the coastline.

Yeah, I thought I had everything, but the trophy did not pop up. :/

Will fly around the coastline one more time I guess.

Yeah, most of the cars are -- at least visually -- replicas of something that exist in real life. They usually have their own custom flare, but much closer than ever before.

Apparently there is a jalopnik aricle that IDs the cars and shows real life counter parts but I seriously can't figure out how to read jalopnik or any of those horribly designed/layed-out gawker blogs

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah, I thought I had everything, but the trophy did not pop up. :/

Will fly around the coastline one more time I guess.

Yeah definitely do the coast and go out into the ocean a bit. Also, make sure you fill in all those little empty spaces. They dont seem like much of a percentage but they do add up. I went all the way around the map and the trophy finally popped when I filled in one single tiny area.

Yeah, most of the cars are -- at least visually -- replicas of something that exist in real life. They usually have their own custom flare, but much closer than ever before.

Apparently there is a jalopnik aricle that IDs the cars and shows real life counter parts but I seriously can't figure out how to read jalopnik or any of those horribly designed/layed-out gawker blogs

glad google overlord got our back.

http://jalopnik.com/all-the-cars-in-gta-v-and-their-real-life-counterparts-1335264383

Kiraly

Yeah definitely do the coast and go out into the ocean a bit. Also, make sure you fill in all those little empty spaces. They dont seem like much of a percentage but they do add up. I went all the way around the map and the trophy finally popped when I filled in one single tiny area.

Wow, filling up the ocean is tedious - especially because you have no idea where it ends on the map.

Amazon has the regular guide for $15, hardcover for $22 -- worth it to go for the hardcover? Looks like the only difference is the lithograph and a few pages of art, right? Is the art neat or is it just the load screen graphic art?

Lima

Do you actually get anything for finding them all, or is it just a completionist thing?

For the spaceship parts you get a funky space buggy that doesn't actually do anything cool. It just looks alright I guess.

For the letters you get a new freaks and strangers mission. Once you have collected all the letters they will tell you the story of how a guy killed a Vinewood starlet and got away with it. The guy is still alive and you will be able to choose his fate.

kris.

Banned
Amazon has the regular guide for $15, hardcover for $22 -- worth it to go for the hardcover? Looks like the only difference is the lithograph and a few pages of art, right? Is the art neat or is it just the load screen graphic art?

Friend of mine has the hardcover and it's gawgeous

Was THAT a pain in the ass?

To be honest, it was okay. But the
spaceship
- parts are ...wggmhgfhnfbnfb grrr. Everytime I find one of them It's like "Oh yeah it's over there...umm...great...I need a helicopter."

Do you actually get anything for finding them all, or is it just a completionist thing?

You'll get the last stranger mission for Franklin. You have to kill someone.

Andrew.

Banned

I have the hardback and its really nice. The lithograph is beautiful and Ill probably end up framing it eventually. The art pages are yeah, the character pictures that you see during loading screens. Still cool though.

cdkee

Banned
Ruined? Or made it better?

/stanlee

[pertaining the ruining]
Those rims are pimptastic though

That wasn't really explained for me. I remember the car just showed up again, well before the mission
where you reunite your family.
I figured it was him though.

Lima

That wasn't really explained for me. I remember the car just showed up again, well before the mission

You get a text from him saying that he dropped your car back at your place. He also says that even with the "enhancements" he made it is still an old man's car.

painey

ah that makes sense.. I figured Michael did it himself after
working for the movies

Top Bottom