• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Zornack

I read that at after the last mission
AUG stock skyrockets.
I'm about halfway through but I'm looking for somewhere to put my money and forget about it until I'm done with the game and
continue with the Lester assassination missions.
Is what I read true?

Anyone who has beaten the game know if this is true?

RaikuHebi

Banned
San Andreas arguably still has the best unlocking/pacing of actual stuff within its world..
You've expressed in words what I couldn't quite articulate! This is why SA felt bigger, you were on a journey where each part of the world slowly unlocked and you'd end up with flight school and such along the way.

The closest I got to that feeling in GTAV was Trevor's introduction and especially the bit where he goes to Los Santos.

MormaPope

Banned
GTA6 in 2019/2020.

The wait :( They better release GTAV on PS4 to help time pass.

Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably drop within a few years from now. After RDR 1's success and GTA V's success the Red Dead brand could be strong enough to keep plenty of people content until GTA VI.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Why does Franklin always show as having missions available when he doesn't? Usually it's just the one, but right now his picture on the character select wheel has a "2" on it and there's nothing for him on the map. Really weird.

Is this what causes shadows on the 360 to appear blurry from 5 feet away from you?
So the PS3 doesn't have this problem?

It definitely does, you can see shadows going from blurry to sharp-ish just a few feet away when you walk around.

You've expressed in words what I couldn't quite articulate! This is why SA felt bigger, you were on a journey where each part of the world slowly unlocked and you'd end up with flight school and such along the way.

The closest I got to that feeling in GTAV was Trevor's introduction and especially the bit where he goes to Los Santos.

See, that's why I paced myself during free roam periods, rarely straying outside of areas already showcased through the narrative.

Trevor's introduction for me, was almost like a completely new game.

I don't know if this is exclusive to 5 (it's been a long time), but even smaller areas that I've already traversed through offer a lot of reason for revisits. Sometimes it's nice just to stand about and look around an area.

I'm beginning to get really hooked on this game now though, I've done less than a third of the main missions because I didn't want to rush through but the actual design of each mission is absolutely fantastic. There have been some really stellar standout moments throughout the journey so far, some involving little more than driving through to the next destination.

Kudos Rockstar, fuckin' kudos.

Hurley

Why does Franklin always show as having missions available when he doesn't? Usually it's just the one, but right now his picture on the character select wheel has a "2" on it and there's nothing for him on the map. Really weird.

I noticed sometimes I'll be playing as someone and it'll say they have like 2 missions more then what's available on the map, but then after a bit I get a phone call or a text and the other missions pop up.

Sylent01

Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably drop within a few years from now. After RDR 1's success and GTA V's success the Red Dead brand could be strong enough to keep plenty of people content until GTA VI.

I expect RDR 2 just like you say, it wouldn't surprise me if they are already working on it now, at least in conceptual form. The question remaining is where in the lineup Agent will drop.

SA's (and all other 3D GTA game) map-locking was terrible. There was no good reason to limit the rest of the map to the player like that other than to force a player to 'experience' a certain section. Just stick the missions in the city and you end up with the desired effect. I'm quite happy that Rockstar finally made this adjustment. Sucks that it took them so long to figure it out though.

RaikuHebi

Banned
See, that's why I paced myself during free roam periods, rarely straying outside of areas already showcased through the narrative.

Trevor's introduction for me, was almost like a completely new game.
Exactly the same here. I purposefully made sure not to go to the areas of the map that were hidden.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member

It definitely does, you can see shadows going from blurry to sharp-ish just a few feet away when you walk around.

Had the same issue, try giving Tonya a call. She had a tow truck mission for me to take care of and after that it cleared the number.

Trevor quote after having sex with a
stripper

"Ohhh, I hate myself

Can Trevor have booty calls after buying the strip club? Maxed out the like bar with a stripper, but don't get the option to take her home like with Franklin.

Also, do parachuted become infinite after a certain point? Because I swear I always have one in my inventory no matter what. Means no more ragdoll plummets :/

Zornack

I expect RDR 2 just like you say, it wouldn't surprise me if they are already working on it now, at least in conceptual form. The question remaining is where in the lineup Agent will drop.

I suspect it's quite a ways into development. RDR was done by a different team than does GTA and they haven't worked on anything since RDR's release in 2012 (edit: oops, 2010) except some "additional work" on L.A. Noire.

DjRoomba

Banned

If youre playing the game the way youre meant to this is still the case. Youre introduced to the different parts of the maps and the different mechanics sequentially spread over the first half of all the missions. If youre someone who wants to go explore and not do any missions and go straight to the plane at the army base then obviously the world wont feel like its unlocking

RaikuHebi

Banned
I suspect it's quite a ways into development. RDR was done by a different team than does GTA and they haven't worked on anything since RDR's release in 2012 except some "additional work" on L.A. Noire.
RDR was released in 2010.

If youre playing the game the way youre meant to this is still the case. Youre introduced to the different parts of the maps and the different mechanics sequentially spread over the first half of all the missions. If youre someone who wants to go explore and not do any missions and go straight to the plane at the army base then obviously the world wont feel like its unlocking
No worries, I played the game according to the narrative progression :).

MormaPope

Banned

Rockstar manged their game schedule pretty well this gen. Throughout this entire gen they released:

Rockstar Table Tennis
GTA IV
Bully Scholarship Edition
Midnight Club Los Angeles
The Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony expansions for GTA IV
Red Dead Redemption
Undead Nightmare expansion for RDR
L.A. Noire (Published and helped out a bit with development)
Max Payne 3
GTA V

They can create content and release it in a very timely manner. Agent could either be early next gen, middle next gen, or even late next gen. Might not exist at all anymore.

Avixph

There isn't going to be a Red Dead Redemption 2 because the next game is going to be named Red Dead R_______.

Derrick01

Banned
Trying to find these vehicles on this list is a pain in the ass. Even worse is I was already in one of them when I got the list and on my way to deliver it I stupidly stopped at a random event of a shootout between cops and robbers and tried to help the robbers. Got 3 stars, died, lost the car, haven't seen another since :(

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Had the same issue, try giving Tonya a call. She had a tow truck mission for me to take care of and after that it cleared the number.

Oh, right, I had completely forgotten about that. Does she tell you to call her for more tow missions? I don't remember, but I know I haven't done any since the last one that shows up on the map.

Well, that takes care of one of them at least. Still don't know what the other missing mission is though!

Dead Man

Rockstar manged their game schedule pretty well this gen. Throughout this entire gen they released:

Rockstar Table Tennis
GTA IV
Bully Scholarship Edition
Midnight Club Los Angeles
The Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony expansions for GTA IV
Red Dead Redemption
Undead Nightmare expansion for RDR
L.A. Noire (Published and helped out a bit with development)
Max Payne 3
GTA V

They can create content and release it in a very timely manner. Agent could either be early next gen, middle next gen, or even late next gen. Might not exist at all anymore.

RIP Midnight Club.

Ding-Ding

I'm not sure how to go about that heist without
someone crashing in the chase, because I've heard it happened to people with a decent gunman too, but you could have picked up the money by driving through it
. That probably wasn't obvious unless
you were behind him and saw it on the floor. And yes, money seems very hard to come by and there's really nothing comparable for income that I've seen so far. Michael got like an $800k cut from the first heist for me

You can get everyone through the heist. Just before he is due to crash, he says something like the cops are over him. If Franklin shoots the cop, the driver makes the turn

At least he did in my 2nd playthrough

DukeBobby

Online discussions will descend into chaos. RDR and RDR.

BEADrxJ.jpg

Avixph

Got 100%... not much to do now besides a few achievements until next week.
Try doing this:
Have you people checked the Easter Eggs for this game,
especially the the ones that appear after beating the game 100%
?
Here are some examples:
Finding U.F.O.s flying over the very top of Mount Chiliad, over the the maximum altitude above the Fort Zancudo military base at , and over the highest altitude above the hippy camp in Sandy Shores.
Hunting down Bigfoot.

Joeki11a

Banned
Just did the "controversial" mission and it felt weird not the content but the whole setup was odd. Why they didnt sound sure or better yet they didnt care I got the target, It was pretty obvious.

Was that all Rockstar sending a message about it?, Trevor speech sounded like thats what Houser Bros think of this whole subject.

I beat it.

Checkpoints made this a much more approachable experience. Basically saved the game for me.

Not saying I don't like a challenge (you can refuse to continue and play 2001 style if you like) but, I hated driving back to the same place over and over. It worked better when the map was tiny.

It was fun, even if I felt the end
felt rushed. We should have had a whole branch of revenge missions. On the other hand, it could be seen like the end of Godfather... just settling all accounts in one fell swoop.

Also, when Martino Madrazzo (whatever his name was)
acts so timid and polite to Trevor, I was like 'why is this dude acting so scared?' and then it occurred to me... there are no gangsters in San Andreas more dangerous than Mike, Trevor, and Frank... they rob the fuckin' the army and kill thousands of armed soldiers single handily. Of course you should be scared of them.

Frank is the only really sane one of the trio, and I think my favorite character, although Michael kinda won me over in the last 3rd of the game. I liked Trevor at first, but his act gets old after a while.
I can't believe he killed Deborah and Floyd like that

How I can sum up every Michael mission: "They didn't know they were fucking with a gangsta."

Namaste.

OH, and Jimmy really
redeems himself. I can pinpoint it at "shut the fuck up" *kick* I liked him after that.
KuGsj.gif

ieatzombies

Trying to find these vehicles on this list is a pain in the ass. Even worse is I was already in one of them when I got the list and on my way to deliver it I stupidly stopped at a random event of a shootout between cops and robbers and tried to help the robbers. Got 3 stars, died, lost the car, haven't seen another since :(
Which list? If you're speaking of a particular one, i've found 3 out of 5 in the west vinewood hollywood hills area. Found them in the driveways of houses.

You know, GTA V is so good, that even if it DID cause people to kill other people in the real world in senseless acts of violence, I still would be glad it was made. That's real talk.

Megasoum

Banned
When or Where do you get that list of vehicles to find?

I just finished the long ass road trip with Lamar in the big truck...Which looks like it might be related? Do you get the standard list after that?

I hate losing
safehouses
. Seriously, there aren't enough already, you have to remove some during story progression? Fuck that. Also, the properties are obviously an afterthought, they were only mentioned after the delay. Before that, R* said they weren't in. Was disappointed with how shit the missions were. Just do some menial task to keep the money flowing. No quest lines like in Vice City to get some awesome rewards.

Also, when Martino Madrazzo (whatever his name was) acts so timid and polite to Trevor, I was like 'why is this dude acting so scared?' and then it occurred to me... there are no gangsters in San Andreas more dangerous than Mike, Trevor, and Frank... they rob the fuckin' the army and kill thousands of armed soldiers single handily. Of course you should be scared of them.

He acts timid because Trevor
cut his ear off.

Top Bottom