• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

DukeBobby

GTA V's score vs Max Payne 3's score...

Hmm, close, but I think Max Payne 3's is slightly better. Both are amazing though, and two of my favourite soundtracks of this generation.

GTA V's score vs Max Payne 3's score...

Hmm, close, but I think Max Payne 3's is slightly better. Both are amazing though, and two of my favourite soundtracks of this generation.

They're both great. MP3 gets extra points for being mixed better into gameplay (audibly)

Red Dead might trump them both, though, in terms of technical and cinematic/dramatic use in-game.

malfcn

So there was a mission with Michael and Lester taking about
Witness Protection and payments.
I don't remember the details of how that got set up, does it get explained? I just got a phone call saying the
FIB wanted to talk
to me.

I love that Trevor keeps changing the name of his meth and gun operation. I've heard him call it Trevor Phillips Enterprises, Trevor Phillips Industries, The Trevor Phillips Corporation. The Trevor Phillips Conglomerate...

I hate losing
safehouses
. Seriously, there aren't enough already, you have to remove some during story progression? Fuck that. Also, the properties are obviously an afterthought, they were only mentioned after the delay. Before that, R* said they weren't in. Was disappointed with how shit the missions were. Just do some menial task to keep the money flowing. No quest lines like in Vice City to get some awesome rewards.

He acts timid because Trevor
cut his ear off.

How many safehouses? So far i only know Franklins loses his first.

Regarding losing safehouses...

At the end of the game, each character only has one safe house. Franklin loses his Aunt's place for the Vinewood mansion. Trevor has a temporary safehouse at Floyd's for a while but that ends at some point.

SirNinja

Game of the forever for me. Well, great game anyway. ;-)

The god damn "lose the cops" mechanic is a little abused as far as I'm concerned. Definitely not my favorite part.

Any tips?

Beforehand, look for entrances to the metro and mark them as Points of Interest on your map so you'll know where they are when things go crazy. Going deep into the train tunnels is a great way to lose the heat at any star level.

At 3 stars and above, hiding in places like parking garages also works wonders, as long as you're not seen entering in the first place.

Megasoum

Banned
So hum... I'm looking at the Social Club...At the top of the checklist it's telling my I have 5 out of Misc but if I go at the bottom I have 13 completed...

Regarding losing safehouses...

At the end of the game, each character only has one safe house. Franklin loses his Aunt's place for the Vinewood mansion. Trevor has a temporary safehouse at Floyd's for a while but that ends at some point.

Thanks.

So that means Franklin keeps his Vinewood mansion, Michael keeps his house and Travor his old trailer?

Edit: Thanks Dick Justice.

Lima

So hum... I'm looking at the Social Club...At the top of the checklist it's telling my I have 5 out of Misc but if I go at the bottom I have 13 completed...

Look for the ones that have a red coloured line on them. These count for 100% which is tracked above.

Because of the ending and how it works they made it that you can get 100% regardless of what option you choose. In reality that means getting 100% is more like getting 80% in this game.

7pNuslG.gif

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Nope

Ps3 is more optimized aka lead platform

Always realized Rockstar would use Ps3

Gameplay reveal to show off best version

What? On the PS3 version shadows very clearly become much sharper only a few feet away. It's super obvious, there's like a line just ahead of you where they get a dramatic bump in resolution. Pretty sure both versions are basically indentical in this regard.

Because of the ending and how it works they made it that you can get 100% regardless of what option you choose. In reality that means getting 100% is more like getting 80% in this game.

Don't spoil anything, but can you end up not being able to do certain things after completing the story? Should I do everything I can before doing the last missions if I want to make sure I get to do everything the game has to offer?

malfcn

I don't remember the details of how that got set up, does it get explained? I just got a phone call saying the
FIB wanted to talk
to me.

Also I found a glitch in a Suburban store. With Michael I tried on some skater shoes and it gave me a suit instead.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
FIB wanted to talk
to me.

Yes, Michaels connection with that gets explained as part of the story, it isn't something you really know beforehand besides what you might infer.

Derrick01

Banned
This game's going to force me to use a guide for the car delivery and collectibles and I'm not happy about it! :(

edit; I need to whine on the internet more often. I literally just found one of the cars :lol. 3/5 now.

789shadow

Banned
Um, did I just fail the first bail bond mission forever? I started chasing the guy in his SUV, but I didn't have any pistol ammo so I couldn't do jack shit, so I restarted, but had to quit in order to get ammo. Now I'm back at the quarry and he's nowhere to be seen. WTF Rockstar.

Bought the digital version at launch day but my mother got me the gamestop collector's edition as a birthday gift. Was regretting not getting a physical copy so this was a nice stroke of luck and surprise. It's actually a pretty cool package, and goes nicely with the GTA IV Locker and duffle bag. Bummed it doesn't have an art book or soundtrack though. It's going for around 230 on ebay at the moment so it's particularly good luck, not going to sell this like I did Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition.

I can play as Niko Jr Online now so huzzah!

The missions where they force to drive a
submarine
are like the antithesis of fun. It moves so fucking slow and they make you travel around long stretches of nothing.

Derrick01

Banned
Haha I just noticed I can buy one of the cars I need on the internet for "only" $240,000. I'm really tempted to do it just to make my life easier even if it eats away all the money I'll make.

Haha I just noticed I can buy one of the cars I need on the internet for "only" $240,000. I'm really tempted to do it just to make my life easier even if it eats away all the money I'll make.

I was about to do that, then I randomly found the one you're talking about driving near the golf course while playing as Trevor. Jacked it, drove over to Michael's house, luckily he was there. Dumped it, switched to Mike, ran out of the house, got in the car, and then Trevor yanked me out and insulted me. Switched back and worked some things out between them and got the fucker delivered.

ieatzombies

if it's the vacca, it's one street downward in front of franklins vinewood hills house in the driveway of one of the first few houses there.
for some reason the quote isn't working. This is in response to the 250,000 car DERRICK.

JoshHood

Don't spoil anything, but can you end up not being able to do certain things after completing the story? Should I do everything I can before doing the last missions if I want to make sure I get to do everything the game has to offer?
I'd like to know this too - I've been told by a bunch of people that everything stays open, but the posts on this page seem to imply that some of them actually do get locked off. Anyone?

I'm 32 hours in and halfway through the story.

I've done a whole lot of driving around exploring the city and still haven't discovered it all.

Also fuck that last triathlon.

I'm so reluctant to spend any money in the game. I want to just wait until after the main story, do all the missions that tweak the stock market and maximize the money I get from that. It feels like it's hard to accumulate money outside of the story missions, so I want to make sure I can get the max possible. I'm certainly not going to do, like, airplane drop missions for $7000 when dying costs $5000.

KDC720

Don't know if anyone else has brought it up yet but...

*Early Trevor Spoiler

I hate what they did to Johnny Klebitz. He was my favorite of the GTA IV trio and seeing him go out like that was rough. I felt bad killing Terry and Clay too.

P.S. Holy shit at the character transition with Trevor where
He rapes Floyd and Floyd is left in the room crying

I took a nice selfie-pic of the aftermath.

Don't know if anyone else has brought it up yet but...

*Early Trevor Spoiler

I hate what they did to Johnny Klebitz. He was my favorite of the GTA IV trio and seeing him go out like that was rough. I felt bad killing Terry and Clay too.

He was my favorite GTA4 protagonist too, but I felt it was a brilliant introduction to Trevor.

Unicorn

My new ride in it's natural environment.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I really hope Rockstar finds a way to patch that bug soon because pimping car is too much fun. :D

Took a Rebel into the customs place, but had none of the options to pimp this out. I'm about 25% through the game, so at what point do the options to pimp a ride to this extent become available?

Draconian

I just got to Trevor, and wow, I can already tell I'm going to hate his guts. He just reeks of them trying way too hard to create an over the top, completely nuts character, and he's incredibly one note. Maybe he'll get better as the game goes along, but I'm not a fan so far.

Unicorn

I just got to Trevor, and wow, I can already tell I'm going to hate his guts. He just reeks of them trying way too hard to create an over the top, completely nuts character, and he's incredibly one note. Maybe he'll get better as the game goes along, but I'm not a fan so far.

terrible intro, but wait. He gets a whole lot better. I hated him at first too, but now he's my favorite.

Top Bottom