• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Why do so many games these days with customization insist on having outfits where you can't separate the parts? The security outfit you unlock for Michael comes with a helmet you can't take off, even though he removes it while in a helicopter.

This really bugs me aswell! Either go all the way or none at all.

Atsumi

Someone mentioned having to collect some pages of something on here. I guess scattered around LS. What mission is this? I'm 55% through and haven't seen it yet.

I believe they're just randomly found around the map. My boyfriend picked one up, but I have yet to see one.

No story spoilers, but more of a world thing.

Once you get Trevor and start getting random pick up missions... you know how it introduces you to...
the Altruist Cult? Well, I tried invading it as Franklin. They infinitely respawn... like once you kill everyone. They all respawn within 10 or so seconds. Even right next to you. Shit sucks.

Right after the intro mission I spent a few hours wandering the map, and one of the first things I did was take the tram to the top of Mt Chilead and jump off with the chute. Saw their compound from the sky and decided to land there, since it looked interesting from above...

Biggest "What the fuck just happened?" moment when I touched down in the middle and was
immediately gunned down by nude cultists. Only got a few seconds glimpse before I was sent to the hospital.
Stood dumbfounded in the street a few moments wondering if I just saw what I thought I saw. My first skydive in GTA V couldn't have ended any better.

Griffin

Does anyone know the name of the soundtrack that they play throughout the missions sometimes, its a non-radio, non-lyrics song, probably Rockstar made.

DukeSucks

Question about the random encounter involving stock markets:

does the $100,000 in stock from the dude with the stolen bike ever go up much? About to start the first Lester mission and wondering if I should sell it and reinvest.

Someone mentioned having to collect some pages of something on here. I guess scattered around LS. What mission is this? I'm 55% through and haven't seen it yet.

All the collectibles in the game are tied into a mission. With the letters once you have them all a new ? will pop-up on the map. There pretty hard to come across, going on the cable car inadvertently got me one, unless you actually use a guide.

meep!

Neo Member
I totaly love this game, best GTA so far without a doubt.
There are however things that still bother me, things that always been issues in GTA games.
One being how cars and people dissapear when they get out of sight. Things just vanish that should still be there. I understand this is probably due to a RAM issue, but I wish it kept things a bit longer even when you moved out of screen from them.
It's pretty silly when you follow some Grouppe6 van for example, and you crash somewhere and loose sight of them and suddenly it's gone eventhough it could only be there.

The Cop AI is pretty bad still, as someone mentioned, if I shoot someone out in the woods, with a silencer, and noone is close, my wanted level should not go up.
Another pretty silly thing about cops is when my stars finally are removed and I show myself by running to the nearby cops looking for me I'm suddenly not suspicious at all.

Way too few accessable buildings. Even GTA3: SA had more. I wish atleast all the companies that are on the stock markets were accessable buildings so you had a more direct approach to affect the stock markets.
I feel there are some missed opertunities by not having malls, theaters and so on. Especially when the online mode hits you could have some pretty amazing shootouts at places like that.

But overall its a great game. I hope it's expanded upon in the online version, making more interiors in buildings etc.

i jumped out of a helicopter with trevor, went crazy hitting buttons for a parachute but didn't have one; i activated his special just before i hit the ground and i easily survived. does that trick work from any height? so you can just go skyfalling with him anywhere anytime you want?? if so that is fucking awesome

Way too few accessable buildings. Even GTA3: SA had more. I wish atleast all the companies that are on the stock markets were accessable buildings so you had a more direct approach to affect the stock markets.
I feel there are some missed opertunities by not having malls, theaters and so on. Especially when the online mode hits you could have some pretty amazing shootouts at places like that.

this and lack of vigilante/crazy taxi style taxi/ambulance/fire truck missions is my main complaint. they let you rob places which is fucking awesome and so fun but....there's like 20 convenience stores and they aren't even marked.

Brizzo24

Is it possible to lose your stats?

Hypothetically, you don't swim for a long time. Will you lose lung capacity then? Remember San Andreas you'd lose stats (i.e. muscle, if you ran too much.)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
i jumped out of a helicopter with trevor, went crazy hitting buttons for a parachute but didn't have one; i activated his special just before i hit the ground and i easily survived. does that trick work from any height? so you can just go skyfalling with him anywhere anytime you want?? if so that is fucking awesome

Yup.

Is it possible to lose your stats?

Hypothetically, you don't swim for a long time. Will you lose lung capacity then? Remember San Andreas you'd lose stats (i.e. muscle, if you ran too much.)

i have gotten franklins special to 100/100 three times in my game. never loaded an old save, never lost a save. i have no fucking clue why it keeps happening but it has reset twice. he is by far my most used character if that matters. 64% usage 17 hours with him.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Reposting because last post on the page ignore feature:

I'm playing again from scratch, gotta make that paper dude.

I did have a question yesterday and I'll post it again does anyone have any first hand experience deleting all saves? Does it completely screw up social club stats?

this and lack of vigilante/crazy taxi style taxi/ambulance/fire truck missions is my main complaint. they let you rob places which is fucking awesome and so fun but....there's like 20 convenience stores and they aren't even marked.

Yep. They don't even pay that much (well they're conveniences stores), I wish there was some biggers things to rob outside of missions like trains or banks that have big payouts but give 4/5 stars. Atm there's only a few convenience stores/gas stations and people loading a single suitcase in an armoured van and this pays like 5000$.
I guess maybe there will be more of this in GTA Online but it's multiplayer so we'll see.

NickMitch

Finished the main story today and while i have enjoyed every second. The story doesnt match either san andreas or vice city, not even iv.

The heists are cool, the city is faboulus and all gameplay mechanics are far superior, the story is the weakest part and it feels kind of stressed...hopefully the online will make up for it....

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think I'm about 75% of the way through this... last few days haven't really been too excited to play it.

Sometimes it's amazing, but often it's a really janky/cumbersome game (the core mechanics) and it's hard to overlook. The combat is quite disappointing. Just like every other GTA.

For me, game isn't even in the running for GOTY.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I think I'm about 75% of the way through this... last few days haven't really been too excited to play it.

Sometimes it's amazing, but often it's a really janky/cumbersome game (the core mechanics) and it's hard to overlook. The combat is quite disappointing. Just like every other GTA.

For me, game isn't even in the running for GOTY.

I actually like the combat. But I think I expect thin, easy gunplay from GTA. I don't think I would want full on Call Of Duty type stuff.

oktarb

OK, I'll start with the classic "I want to like this game. I really do." but it seems like an exercise in frustration.

I'l driving along in my whatever doing mock 7 and I hit a semi truck head on. I'm fine. Yet sometimes I side swipe on get in a much less impact intensive crash and I fly trough the window and die.

I go to the airport and steal a private jet. Woo Hoo! I try it back to a hanger (as Trevor) that I bought so I can stow it and keep it. Hmm there's a plane in there. I jump out, get in the other plane and roll it out of the hanger to make room. That starts a drug smuggling mission. I get out of the plane, which fails the mission and when the game reloads my private jet is gone. wtf

I think maybe I need to take a break, also get Saints Row out of my system.

AkuMifune

Banned
The flight school is fun, but could have been much better: more fleshed out, more pilotwings like.

And was hoping for some kind of reward for finishing. Maybe need to do better, but a few of those were sketchy.

UrbanRats

Are they ever gonna pay you cash in this fuckin' game? (minor heists spoiler)
3 heists in, only 1 of them paid, and most of the missions either don't pay or pay shit.
I know i fucked up the first two assassination missions, investing only a small sum and only with Frank in the competing stock, but still, i'm always out of cash.

I appreciate the fact that you're not showered in cash like every other GTA-esque open world, but goddamn
if i'm doing a heist i expect a cash return!

These are kind of in. When you jack a taxi hit L3, although you may have to wait for the dispatch guy to announce someone waiting for a pickup.

Reposting because last post on the page ignore feature:

Not sure if deleting all your saves does anything, but I started a new game and the Social Club stats appears to be based on your most recent save.

MYeager

Finished the main story today and while i have enjoyed every second. The story doesnt match either san andreas or vice city, not even iv.

The heists are cool, the city is faboulus and all gameplay mechanics are far superior, the story is the weakest part and it feels kind of stressed...hopefully the online will make up for it....

For me the story has been the best part. San Andreas wandered off of its narrative for a significant portion of the game and Vice City was great but stayed a little too close to the sources it was inspired by. I love that in GTAV the story is entirely driven by the main characters and how they deal with each other, their past mistakes and the ones they're presently making. It feels more like an episodic character driven TV show sometimes than a video game.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Another pretty silly thing about cops is when y stars finally are removed and I show myself by running to the nearby cops looking for me I'm suddenly not suspicious at all.

With the extended amount of search time, being spotted like that would just be frustrating.

JoshHood

Anyone else get the feeling Online's gonna be delayed? Due in a week, nothing from Rockstar since the gameplay reveal, no trailers, no mention anywhere on Newswire and not even a mention in any of the advertising even as an end card.

Hystzen

they should have retooled the star system and cops

1 Star - they use nightsticks
2 Star - Stun Gun
3 Star - Pistol time
4 Star - Chopper and shotguns
5 Star - NOOSE

it shame they have nightsticks and stun guns in the store but nobody in world uses them

DukeBobby

Anyone else get the feeling Online's gonna be delayed? Due in a week, nothing from Rockstar since the gameplay reveal, no trailers, no mention anywhere on Newswire and not even a mention in any of the advertising even as an end card.

If they were going to delay it, they wouldn't do it this close to release.

Derrick01

Banned
Well that mission kinda went to shit. I must have killed every cop in southern California there.

It was fun constantly bouncing between the 3 guys to provide various forms of cover fire though. It was arguably the least restricted I've seen the switching system on a mission so far.

Well that mission kinda went to shit. I must have killed every cop in southern California there.

It was fun constantly bouncing between the 3 guys to provide various forms of cover fire though. It was arguably the least restricted I've seen the switching system on a mission so far.

I think I know the mission you are talking about. Loved that one, so chaotic.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How the F do the hangars work? I had a crop duster in Trevor's hangar, then got a new plane through a mission that I wanted to keep. So I backed the crop duster further into the hangar so the new one could fit in there, and then left. The next time I got back only the new plane was there. The crop duster was just gone. There seems to be no way to choose which plane is stored in the hangar, like you can with helipads (although I honestly don't really understand how that works either).

they should have retooled the star system and cops

1 Star - they use nightsticks
2 Star - Stun Gun
3 Star - Pistol time
4 Star - Chopper and shotguns
5 Star - NOOSE

it shame they have nightsticks and stun guns in the store but nobody in world uses them

I'm also of the opinion that if you get busted at one star they should give you a fine and not take you to jail. Would be cool if those speed traps also worked and caused one star.

Also, whoever mentioned killing someone in the middle of the woods with a silenced weapon arousing the cops suspicion is right, thats bullshit.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
With the quick mission replay, this will be the first GTA I don't play through again. There's no need to start over. I can just take me guys and gear and cars into the mission again.

Well, the assassination stockmarket money, alternate heist methods and the potentially different cut scenes on missions depending on who you start them with are my main temptations.

DukeBobby

Blitz Play?

That mission really disappointed me. There was about 5 set-up missions, all for a mediocre pay-off.

Derrick01

Banned
I notice that hawk and little stock is finally going up a bit day by day. It was stuck at $1 forever and yesterday it was $1.20 and now it's $1.36. Gonna need it to go just a bit higher than that to make my 1500 shares worth selling lol.

Blitz Play?

That mission really disappointed me. There was about 5 set-up missions, all for a mediocre pay-off.

Yeah that was the name of it. That also explains the pop ups I've been seeing on the side of the screen saying one of my PSN friends just did that. I figured (story spoiler)
there wasn't going to be much of a payoff since we were forced into it by the FIB guy

Top Bottom