• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Stop stressing over money, bruh. The garages are broken which makes modding a huge risk right now, the properties aren't worth the investment, weapons are found throughout missions, clothes are cheap, and the economy is totally busted anyway. Just leave the Lester missions until post-end game, and cheese the stock market to become a billionaire.
Yeah you're probably right. Still, it's irritating conceptually. After a big heist you expect to be rewarded for your efforts, but this game likes to laugh in your face instead.

Also unfortunately I already did all of Lester's missions. =(

The money packs are disappointed. I thought in GTA Online, money was king, or whatever they said. It's what the whole experience revolves around. And now you can just buy it.

It'd be awesome if those money cards could never be deposited. So you could steal them off the chumps that buy them hehe
Yeah, I said it in the other thread but it messes with the fundamental theme of the online. Even if it was only cosmetics which I'm usually fine with, I still wouldn't be okay with it in this.

from reddit

Now relax and...OH SHIT!

mioMKet.jpg

HA! Yesterday I was out hunting with Trevor at night and in the distance I saw what looked like a gas tank behind a bush.

When I got right next to it I realized it was a cougar frozen just staring at me. It scared the shit out of me, so I did this to it:

gunIO4y.jpg

MJLord

Yeah, I said it in the other thread but it messes with the fundamental theme of the online. Even if it was only cosmetics which I'm usually fine with, I still wouldn't be okay with it in this.

I bet you can still steal and rob any vehicles you want and pick up weapons off murdered players.

Juicy Bob

Micro-transactions for GTA Online is a bit of a disappointment, but it sounds like it's just going to be paying real money for shortcuts.

If you want the best weapons and stuff, you can still get them without paying any money at all. It's just going to take less time if you choose to cough up for it.

Tr4nce

Also posted this in the GTAV detail thread, but maybe someone here knows:

I keep reading about being able to shoot the gas tank of a car, which causes gasoline to leak and leave a trail, so can you set it on fire. Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems doing this? Shooting at both sides of the car, and never have I been able to make this work. I keep shooting but I never see any gasoline leaks?

Dead Man

So, I have a confession to make. I've never owned a GTA game. Should I pick up the PS2 trilogy pack or skip straight to this?

The controls in the PS2 games are hilariously bad, especially by modern standards. R* has never been good at controls, but the PS2 stuff is terrible. I would pass unless you like archaic control systems, and I love the shit out VC and SA. If you can get them in PC give it a go there where the control issues are less severe.

I went to two different barber shops as Michael and they had the exact same options. Because of that, I never bothered going to a third. Somewhere there are different options?

There are different chains of barber shops, with each chain having different kinds of haircuts and beards. I don't know if additional haircuts are unlocked through game progress though.

Holy shit (literally) at the detail when Chop decides to take a dump in your front yard LOL. It’s pretty hilarious...

Speaking of Chop, I can’t seem to get his happiness up no matter how many times I walk him and play ball! : (

Holy shit (literally) at the detail when Chop decides to take a dump in your front yard LOL. It&#8217;s pretty hilarious...

Speaking of Chop, I can&#8217;t seem to get his happiness up no matter how many times I walk him and play ball! : (

I can't either, I think that ios game is supposed to do something with that. I'm not sure though, I dont own an apple device.

edit: that should have been left in the game instead of using something else :/ at lest they should have put out a flash game on thier site to do this on PC or whatever..

Gotta agree with Trevor. When the fuck am i gettin' paid?

Most definitely the biggest issue i got with the game.

In 4, you had too much money and nothing to spend it on. but in 5 you have too little money and too much stuff to buy.

vixlar

Can anyone quickly explain how the maps colour coding for characters works please?

I forgot :(

When you switch characters, you can see their colors in their status bar. His portion of the circle is the color associated to them.

If you press R3/RS in the map, you change to basic information. You can only see icons that your current character can use. Including properties on sale.

When you switch characters, you can see their colors in their status bar. His portion of the circle is the color associated to them.

If you press R3/RS in the map, you change to basic information. You can only see icons that your current character can use. Including properties on sale.

Also when you look at the map your arrow is their corresponding colour for quick reference.

Micro-transactions for GTA Online is a bit of a disappointment, but it sounds like it's just going to be paying real money for shortcuts.

If you want the best weapons and stuff, you can still get them without paying any money at all. It's just going to take less time if you choose to cough up for it.

Yeah, I have no problem with this. Not everyone has the time to invest to get the good guns, so like in BF3 I like to have the option to pay instead of grinding every night after work.

Whose decision was it to make the only Los Santos Customs you can buy way out in the desert? Why would Franklin even be out there!?

Though it did come in handy making a sand rail for Trevor to use in his offroad races. Put it together with Franklin then drove Trevor out there and they met and car swapped. When I say swapped I mean "swapped". Franklin was pissed Trevor stole his new sand rail.

Dead Man

Yeah, I have no problem with this. Not everyone has the time to invest to get the good guns, so like in BF3 I like to have the option to pay instead of grinding every night after work.

I'd rather grinding wasn't needed. Online levelling that requires grinding is a shit design.

I can't either, I think that ios game is supposed to do something with that. I'm not sure though, I dont own an apple device.

That sucks. It’s one thing to block out extra features like teaching him new tricks, but to actually limit something that is already in the game?

They shouldn’t have the happiness bar at all. Bleh....hopefully the app comes to android. I wouldn’t mind teaching him how to shake hands.

Septimius

Whose decision was it to make the only Los Santos Customs you can buy way out in the desert? Why would Franklin even be out there!?

Though it did come in handy making a sand rail for Trevor to use in his offroad races. Put it together with Franklin then drove Trevor out there and they met and car swapped. When I say swapped I mean "swapped". Franklin was pissed Trevor stole his new sand rail.

What are the benefits of owning it?

Overdoziz

Banned
Why doesn't the cheat for lowering your wanted level work on the airfield or the military base? I can't remember if it was like that in previous GTAs, but it's still pretty lame.

Septimius

Why doesn't the cheat for lowering your wanted level work on the airfield or the military base? I can't remember if it was like that in previous GTAs, but it's still pretty lame.

Because for every ingame tick you're on the base, you're given that wanted level. So you can remove it, but you regain it the next tick. Possibly even the very same tick.

I just finished the game and damn I was blown away, sadly feeling empty right now. Didn't expect it to end just yet (although everything pointed to it).

In any case this is the first GTA that I finished. Now I'm hungry for more. So which ones would you guys recommend? I have most of them on Steam. I can't play them all buy 1 or 2 I should be able to squeeze in :p

I just finished the game and damn I was blown away, sadly feeling empty right now. Didn't expect it to end just yet (although everything pointed to it).

In any case this is the first GTA that I finished. Now I'm hungry for more. So which ones would you guys recommend? I have most of them on Steam. I can't play them all buy 1 or 2 I should be able to squeeze in :p

IV is the only one I've finished (plus finishing the two episodes) so I'd recommend that. Phenomenal game, especially if you enjoyed V.

Angst

The controls in the PS2 games are hilariously bad, especially by modern standards. R* has never been good at controls, but the PS2 stuff is terrible. I would pass unless you like archaic control systems, and I love the shit out VC and SA. If you can get them in PC give it a go there where the control issues are less severe.
Eh? Unless you prefer playing GTA with KB/M the controller support for all GTA PC games bar IV is non-existent.

Siegmeyer

I'm ridiculously addicted to the dive/flip move (punch whilst jumping).

Especially as Trevor, I'm constantly diving into signs, headbutting windscreens and trying to faceplant trees stumps. Had a great moment on a beach where I dived into a womans kneecap, she took off running and I set off after her. She ran to the right of a big rock, about 15ft or so high, so I ran up it and front flipped off the top, landing on my back across her shoulder blades. Eddie Guerrero would have been proud.

I also try and flip over waist high rails without touching them, Feels like you're clearing a high jump bar when you time it right, like Franklin leaping over the walkway railing into the pool in his Vinewood pad.

anddo0

Setting up for the final mission. I switch to Franklin to find a suitable car. I take said car to get modded. I drive all the way out to the Los Santos customs I own (by the way it's stupid that all repair shops aren't free after purchasing os Santos customs). I get back to the city, park the car, and switch to Michael (again R*, why can't Franklin set a getaway point?). I then drive Michael to the spot where I left Franklin. I get there and Franklin is walking around. The modded car nowhere to be found. I have to repeat the entire process with Michael...Huge F-ing waste of time

edit: wow, only Franklin can get free mods?

Derrick01

Banned
Eh? Unless you prefer playing GTA with KB/M the controller support for all GTA PC games bar IV is non-existent.

That's what he's saying. On PC the aiming is much better when you can use a mouse.

Although personally I still find them unplayable because doing anything else in the game with a keyboard is excruciating for me.

Tarps

That's what he's saying. On PC the aiming is much better when you can use a mouse.

Although personally I still find them unplayable because doing anything else in the game with a keyboard is excruciating for me.

I seem to remember playing SA on PC, swapping between KB/ Mouse for being on foot and a controller for driving, which was perfect for me. Did I just imagine that?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Doesn't really bother me much, some people don't have the time, as long as it doesn't let you buy just anything from the get go then I don't have a problem with it. I wish more developers copied Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer, you could spend real money, but you were no more likely to get better stuff than someone who got credits playing the game, and this way all the MP DLC was free.

I went to two different barber shops as Michael and they had the exact same options. Because of that, I never bothered going to a third. Somewhere there are different options?

There are two types, the cheap ones that are around and the more expensive "Bob Mulet", they both share mostly the same 3 haircuts but have one different one for Michael and Trevor, and a couple more for Franklin, same for beards. There's a Bob Mulet right next to the middle Ponsonbys on the map.

I'd rather grinding wasn't needed. Online levelling that requires grinding is a shit design.

I can't think of any multiplayer that doesn't require some sort of grinding these days to unlock stuff.

Ay, it can be annoying, if you buy the hanger at the Airport you can drive around it with that character and not have to worry about police and such like. I do wish there was a way to get into the military base without getting shot to death, I tried stealing one of the big ass military planes but a tank took me out pretty damn quickly.

Top Bottom