• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

These are kind of in. When you jack a taxi hit L3, although you may have to wait for the dispatch guy to announce someone waiting for a pickup

yeah but in one of the old games (IDR when they took it out) if you did 5 or 10 etc missions at once without getting a new cab you got a multiplier/money bonus or something. so it was really worthwhile and kind of like crazy taxi where you had a timer that was cumulative. now it's just one off missions and they really don't pay shit so they've been taken to the point of being kinda pointless whereas they used to be more fun/have a good reward

Yeah it was about (length spoiler?)
the halfway mark of the story, mission 35 to be precise.

Was it the mission that
You bought the masks for? Trevor up in the tower with the rocket launcher? lol

If so it was one my favorites so far. Loved the switching mechanic in that mission.

Switters

The backlash begins! Just kidding. The great parts of this game are very impressive and distract from it's flaws. It's no Dark Souls, but it'll do for now.

How do you flip people off when you're standing on the street and other people are in their cars? I've seen people blocking the car's path and flipping them off while the person in the car returns the favor but it seems like I've tried every button and nothing works. I can only flip them off if I'm in a car too.

Andrew.

Banned
That also explains the pop ups I've been seeing on the side of the screen saying one of my PSN friends just did that.

Yeah fuck that noise. I turned those pop ups off immediatley as soon as I got my first one (which kinda spoiled the ending in minor way).

kruskev

yeah i had that one, no follow is there where can track them down?

I HATE that tazer is non lethal in a scripted mission yet kills peds in free roam. Also I have no idea why you can't subdue someone without killing them. What's the point of the Ambulance when everything you do is lethal?

How the F do the hangars work? I had a crop duster in Trevor's hangar, then got a new plane through a mission that I wanted to keep. So I backed the crop duster further into the hangar so the new one could fit in there, and then left. The next time I got back only the new plane was there. The crop duster was just gone. There seems to be no way to choose which plane is stored in the hangar, like you can with helipads (although I honestly don't really understand how that works either).

Wondering about this too. I'm tentative to buy an airplane until I know I won't be wasting the money on it.

Yeah fuck that noise. I turned those pop ups off immediatley as soon as I got my first one (which kinda spoiled the ending in minor way).

i don't get what lots of them mean. i got one saying 'xxx has responded to a 911 call'. WTF dose that mean. there's no vigilante missions. if they helped a stranger that's not a 911 call. i have no idea.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
what triggers 2 stars? Its like if you do nothing 1star is automatically upgraded to 2 after a few seconds.

If you're seen running?

I've gotten a single star (when nobody was around) and gotten rid of it by evading police and never being spotted.

A good example would be throwing bombs out of car windows in rural towns or lighting a gas trail near a gas station and driving away before anything explodes.

Is there anyway to manipulate the stock market that ISN'T the Lester missions?

Invest in a company then destroy their competitors. For instance blowing up supply trucks or taking out employees.

Here are some examples of rival companies.

• CoolBeans--------------BeanMachine
  • Burgershot--------------Up-An-Atom
  • Clucking Bell------------TacoBomb
  • FlyUS--------------------AirEmu
  • GoPostal----------------PostOP
  • Bilkington---------------DollarPills
  • Pisswasser--------------Logger
  • MazeBank--------------BankOfLiberty
  • Redwood----------------Debonaire
  • Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter-------------Bullhead
  • RadioLosSantos---------------WorldwideFM
  • ECola--------------------Raine

The mission design in this game really puts a lot of other titles to shame.

That mission with Trevor at the
docks with Floyd
wow.

SJRB

Gold Member
I unlocked the stun gun last night, I love it! I like the option to not having to straight up murder people for the smallest of things [stealing a wallet or something]. Not everyone in the game deserves a bullet in the head. Maybe that's just me, haha.

pro-tip: it doesn't work on cougars. They go down, lulling you into a false sense of security, then get up and rip off your face.

One thing that happened last night, I picked up a hooker and as we got into the deed Trevor goes:
"Yeahhhh! Who's your creepy uncle now?

Laughed my ass off.

Tawpgun

they should have retooled the star system and cops

1 Star - they use nightsticks
2 Star - Stun Gun
3 Star - Pistol time
4 Star - Chopper and shotguns
5 Star - NOOSE

it shame they have nightsticks and stun guns in the store but nobody in world uses them

Stun gun is OP though. Its far to easy to NOT be arrested. I'd rather go up against pistol cops than stun gun cops. Stun gun cops would wreck your shit, if they got close I guess...

HAL now at $1.40

gotta love a 40% profit

Nice. We should pick another stock to rise.

Invest in a company then destroy their competitors. For instance blowing up supply trucks or taking out employees.

Sweet. Thanks.

Also, I switched to Michael and he was watching TV with his kids... and Tracey was looking kinda hot in her pajamas... felt uncomfortable.

Hystzen

Stun gun is OP though. Its far to easy to NOT be arrested. I'd rather go up against pistol cops than stun gun cops. Stun gun cops would wreck your shit, if they got close I guess...

which would be fun only trigger the usual bullshit pistol firing cops if you start shooting them down. walking down the street bumping into a person by accident should not trigger cops to shoot you in the face if they near by.

Just finished the last marathon....took almost 30 minutes of bashing X. So dumb and awesome.
It is pointless. If I hated myself, I'd play it again and see if you can be casual about it until the final leg and it still rubber band you to first.

weirdest mission failed triggers y'all encountered?

that first mission with michael on a jetski, i barely grazed land while turning and i got a mission failed >.>"

Theres that mission where you have to steal a helicopter at the army base where if you fail it restarts you at the entrance... with no car. you have to fail by running away... because i can't think how anyone can storm that base and reach the helecopter by foot (i'm sure someone has done it).

that first mission with michael on a jetski, i barely grazed land while turning and i got a mission failed >.>"

Theres that mission where you have to steal a helicopter at the army base where if you fail it restarts you at the entrance... with no car. you have to fail by running away... because i can't think how anyone can storm that base and reach the helecopter by foot (i'm sure someone has done it).

I have, Trevor's rage power triumphs many.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Holy shit the combat mechanics are awful when you're in an interior. You can barely move around without the combat jog. It's as bad as GTA4. A mission I did today was a perfect example of it. Why does the combat jog not work when you're indoors? It makes no sense and does nothing but hurt the gameplay.

Dany

Banned

that first mission with michael on a jetski, i barely grazed land while turning and i got a mission failed >.>".

That's funny, I accidenlty made a turn and hte jetskie fully was on the beach and it took a few moments before it realized I screwed up.

Has anyone actually been arrested in this game, at least not on purpose?
Once with Franklin, I got into the car drunk while hanging out with Lamar, all of sudden I had like ten police cars onto my ass, and after a while the car just stopped responding to my inputs, I was literally stuck inside the car in the middle of the road. Kinda annoying, since I lost all my ammo.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The flight school is fun, but could have been much better: more fleshed out, more pilotwings like.

And was hoping for some kind of reward for finishing. Maybe need to do better, but a few of those were sketchy.

I think San Andreas had a better flight school. All the schools in San Andreas were fun and challenging for me. The one in GTA V is too simple. And yeah the lack of any reward for beating it is complete bullshit. That seems to be a theme with this game.

Sullichin

It would be cool to be able to hire a lawyer in this game.
It could be the reward for a side mission or something, and lower how much money you have to pay when you get busted.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Once with Franklin, I got into the car drunk while hanging out with Lamar, all of sudden I had like ten police cars onto my ass, and after a while the car just stopped responding to my inputs, I was literally stuck inside the car in the middle of the road. Kinda annoying, since I lost all my ammo.

How did you manage to get in to your car drunk? Every time I get drunk the drunk effect wears off before I'm even able to reach my car.

rallaren

I just got my USB 3 stick and with 50% game time completed I copied over the play disc but I can't see any difference. The loading doesn't seem any faster either.

Oh well. The game is great.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is there a reason or even point behind custom tires? It stuck the word "ATOMIC" on the side of high end ones, and some extra words on muscle and off road, and just a white strip on low rider. But I was expecting, I dunno, something cooler like sticking our own words on them.

This was tested multiple times with multiple saves by people on GTAforums and they all concluded that it had no appreciable effect.

Edit: In fact in some of the cases the company that was invested in went down more than the one being sabotaged, leading one to believe that it was random.

It seems like it should work, with all the company trucks driving around but just going by what I've read.

i think the bombcast talk was accurate, rockstar really does seem like they are in a bubble. I'm so used to everything in games these days to reward me from walking forward an inch, when most shit in this game gives you nothing at all kinda deflates ya a bit.

If the dialogue and mission variety wasn't so on point, i'd probably have just blasted through the main missions and not bothered with anything.

I do hope GTAO properly rewards you with exp/money or w/e >.>"

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It would be cool to be able to hire a lawyer in this game.
It could be the reward for a side mission or something, and lower how much money you have to pay when you get busted.

That would be a neat feature if getting busted was a thing that actually happens.

But what you just said brings back memories. "Tommy Vercetti is an innocent man!"

I notice that hawk and little stock is finally going up a bit day by day. It was stuck at $1 forever and yesterday it was $1.20 and now it's $1.36. Gonna need it to go just a bit higher than that to make my 1500 shares worth selling lol.
shit, 1500 shares, I've got 1.2 million in Hawk & Little. Show me the money.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Stun Guns and Pepper Spray should be carried by single women Jogging around the beach/upscale neighborhoods.

God that'd be awesome if there was pepper spray.

How did you manage to get in to your car drunk? Every time I get drunk the drunk effect wears off before I'm even able to reach my car.
Don't know, I just got into it as soon as I got out of the bar. I don't remember which bar was it, I guess one in the vicinity of the strip club because I was planning to go there afterwards xd

As soon as you get into the car it feels like all the LS police is after you, don't know if it was a bug but it felt like I had no way to avoid getting busted at that point.

I think San Andreas had a better flight school. All the schools in San Andreas were fun and challenging for me. The one in GTA V is too simple. And yeah the lack of any reward for beating it is complete bullshit. That seems to be a theme with this game.

it's a theme of this gen, not just this game. leave out rewards = hardly anyone notices. leave out achievements for those things = people are vocal and bitch.

Andrew.

Banned
Goddamn I wish the music from "Mr. Phillips" was on the score soundtrack. That rapid firing bass guitar riff is just so fucking sick and then when everything calms down and the tempo slows a bit, my balls almost explode.

Rizsparky

Is there a reason or even point behind custom tires? It stuck the word "ATOMIC" on the side of high end ones, and some extra words on muscle and off road, and just a white strip on low rider. But I was expecting, I dunno, something cooler like sticking our own words on them.

Just to make them look pretty, boring really.

That's my biggest problem with the game, you don't get shit for doing anything. I was hoping they'd learned their lesson with GTA4, but it seems they've kind of gone backwards and you generally don't even get money anymore. RDR did it right by unlocking stuff for completing challenges. But, unlike GTA4, I'm willing to let it slide in this game because there's so much other stuff to enjoy.

OK going to start playing this game today. What are some quick tips? Don't upgrade your car right now? What else thanks!

Look out for stock tips.

Top Bottom