• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Grisby

At least it sounds like you'll be able to earn cash quicker online. Also, I was reading that whole passage with the feeling that Rockstar knows their servers are going to die.

antitrop

There's one talk radio station whose signal works in the city and one in the country. You probably drove out of the city.
This is what happened.

The timing couldn't have been more perfect, I guess. It cut out JUST as her ranting was getting to it's most annoying and inane.

antitrop

If its the chick I'm thinking of, she ended up dying on me (right before we got to the destination, too). I was incredibly bummed. The I took a pic with her.

0_0.jpg

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get her back in time and she joined my crew as a driver.

MYeager

His wife spent it all. At least, that's what R* said like a year ago when they finally did the big preview in GI. They didn't really make it clear in the game.

They kind of do
when he owes the one guy millions for tearing down his house he says he's mostly out of money and even his house has multiple mortgages

Muffdraul

They kind of do
when he owes the one guy millions for tearing down his house he says he's mostly out of money and even his house has multiple mortgages

Well we know he's out of money, it's been spent. They don't say on what though. Someone mentioned his wife's plastic surgery, that would only account for a few thousand.

Arcteryx

Damn. It's pretty much impossible to find some cars in the world :(

Been driving around for the past 2 hours/resetting my PS3 trying to find an F620 and Carbonizzare. Really wish you could just purchase any of the vehicles off the internet/save infinite numbers to your garage(already full, so I can't even buy more cars...lol). Such a piss-poor system.

Spoiler esqe question as it's asking about an unused location:
Is there anything to do at the prison currently? Was shocked you never go to it in the story.

MYeager

Well we know he's out of money, it's been spent. They don't say on what though. Someone mentioned his wife's plastic surgery, that would only account for a few thousand.

I just assumed that between his house, his family's expensive lifestyle and FIB bribes that would've accounted for all of it.

Andrew.

Banned
At least it sounds like you'll be able to earn cash quicker online. Also, I was reading that whole passage with the feeling that Rockstar knows their servers are going to die.

Yup. Pretty nice that they subtley gave us a preemptive warning, though Im pretty sure most of us here expected it not to be blowjobs and rainbows on Day 1.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Anyone reading on the Mt. Chilliad mystery stuff?

It's refreshing to have an easter egg in a game that doesn't get solved immediately upon launch

Muffdraul

I just assumed that between his house, his family's expensive lifestyle and FIB bribes that would've accounted for all of it.

I just looked up the GI article. It says "His wife is burning through his cash reserves like she's auditioning for a role in Real Houswives of Orange County." I think the idea is that she's spent the last 9 years regularly going out to Rodeo... er, Portola Drive and coming back with bags and bags full of stuff for herself. It's definitely in keeping with the running misogyny theme. =P

Jamie OD

Dialogue spoiler taken from a mid-game Michael/Trevor mission.

Michael accusing Trevor of being a hipster
is my favourite moment of the game so far. Don't really agree with what Michael said but I had a big smile on my face throughout.

finished the game on monday... its a worthy successor to GTA IV (and therefore a really great game) but still dissapointing if you think about the greatness that was GTA SA (which was god tier).
Dialogue spoiler taken from a mid-game Michael/Trevor mission.

Michael accusing Trevor of being a hipster
is my favourite moment of the game so far. Don't really agree with what Michael said but I had a big smile on my face throughout.

i really loved that part too.
still cant believe johnny klebitz was killed so pointlessly though by trevor in his introscene.. i really did not like trevor till the end due to that

btkadams

i asked early but my question was buried. if you upgrade a default car, does it respawn with those upgrades?

possibly related question: when you buy cars online, do they respawn?

GeoramA

Just spent an hour exploring one of the coastlines, killing random beach-goers.

Swam out a little, found a sunken ship with a crowbar on top of it. Jesus, the detail that went into this game is just incredible.

i asked early but my question was buried. if you upgrade a default car, does it respawn with those upgrades?

possibly related question: when you buy cars online, do they respawn?

You have to drop the default car in a garage and then manually save/quicksave once it's in there. Then, if a duplicate respawns outside the garage but without upgrades, only use the one with upgrades; ignore the other until the default spawns with the changes. You might not have to do that, but that's the way to be sure. I've lost upgrades on those cars by not following that rubric

Not sure about the second question

My god this is getting annoying (collectibles). I'm missing part 16 of the
spaceship
-parts. I have no idea how to access the underground (tram station).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No. The 100% can be gotten no matter what.

...if you have the Special or Collectors edition of the game. Us standard edition peasants can't do the stunt plane time trials, and can thus never achieve true 100% completion of the game. That box will stay empty on the Social Club site forever. A bit annoying.

TheSoviet

Neo Member
My god this is getting annoying (collectibles). I'm missing part 16 of the
spaceship
-parts. I have no idea how to access the underground (tram station).

You can drive into it with a car from street level. Or there is a hole on the wall underneath a road overpass that takes you into it.

This game is amazing - I'm nearing the last mission now and I don't want it to end. Talk about single-handedly restoring my faith in the GTA franchise. Rockstar, I applaud you for making a rip-roaring comeback, erasing all those bad memories I had of slogging it through IV and making the best damn Grand Theft Auto yet.

Certinty

Just realised that when you click the right stick to look behind in a vehicle your character looks up to the rear mirror.

Also Wade's answering machine message is absolutely amazing.

Top Bottom