• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
For GTA 6 I want petsovernight.com to be an actual thing we can buy pets from. And I want to be able to do things with my pet in the game without anything being locked behind a shitty iphone app.

piggychan

Speaking of random but after I completed the game, I've no idea why this yellow submarine appears outside of Franklin's house... not like it works outside of the sea....

P1020123.jpg

You know, one of my favorite moments in the game was a random 'get the purse back' for a lady deal. Two guys were getting away on a bike and I popped their tires causing them to flip over. One of them dies but the other starts shooting and just as I'm about to pull out my gun, BAM, out of nowhere a freaking bus hits him all Final Destination style.

Couldn't believe it. His body must have landed 15 feet away. I think that made me laugh more than anything in the game.
Awesome.

Can't wait for something similar to happen in multiplayer. You know it will ;P

RoadHazard

Gold Member
And I want to be able to do things with my pet in the game without anything being locked behind a shitty iphone app.

Yeah, that's really pissing me off. I want to be able to use Chop to find hidden items, but because I have an Android phone I can't train him to be able to do that. So I'm left with just randomly finding one every few hours. There's no way you could actually finecomb the map for them, that would be an insane undertaking. (Yeah, I could just look up their locations on the Social Club site, but where's the fun in that?)

With all the cool side-stuff there is to do in this game (and disregarding the bummer that you get absolutely no reward for doing most of it), it's disappointing to me that there seems to be nothing for planes and helicopters. Yeah, there's the flight school and the few arms trafficking missions, but that's it as far as I know. Couldn't they have thrown in something like "air taxi" missions or whatever? Picking rick people up with a helicopter and dropping them off at various places. That could have been hours of fun. Now the helicopters are just there. They are a fun means of transportation for sure, but there's nothing to actually use them for beyond getting from point A to point B.

Go skydiving bro, it's awesome haha

Lima

Yeah, that's really pissing me off. I want to be able to use Chop to find hidden items, but because I have an Android phone I can't train him to be able to do that. So I'm left with just randomly finding one every few hours. There's no way you could actually finecomb the map for them, that would be an insane undertaking. (Yeah, I could just look up their locations on the Social Club site, but where's the fun in that?)

You don't need to train him to get collectibles. Just take him for a walk and press RT to make him hunt for hidden items.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Go skydiving bro, it's awesome haha

Yeah, I've done a bunch of those, and they're fun, but also completely different from flying a helicopter.

You don't need to train him to get collectibles. Just take him for a walk and press RT to make him hunt for hidden items.

Really?! Damn, people here have been making me think he needs training to be able to do that. Well then, that's good to hear!

RaikuHebi

Banned
So I just did all 3 triatholons in a row. First with Michael, 2 and 3 with Trevor.

The first two were fine but that last one? Almost half an hour of tapping the X button (and I didn't pause once!), torture in MGS1 be damned! Almost traversed the whole map. And I almost got overtaken at the last checkpoint, made sure to stay directly in front of 2nd so he couldn't overtake.

My next wank is going to be very eventful after the work out my right hand just went through!

With all the cool side-stuff there is to do in this game (and disregarding the bummer that you get absolutely no reward for doing most of it), it's disappointing to me that there seems to be nothing for planes and helicopters. Yeah, there's the flight school and the few arms trafficking missions, but that's it as far as I know. Couldn't they have thrown in something like "air taxi" missions or whatever? Picking rick people up with a helicopter and dropping them off at various places. That could have been hours of fun. Now the helicopters are just there. They are a fun means of transportation for sure, but there's nothing to actually use them for beyond getting from point A to point B.

They should've had skywriting.

Also, extra heists post finale would been great. And "Lester assassination"-type missions. Those were probably my favorite, especially the one at the construction site.
At the top of the building, I blew up the target's helicopter as he was escaping, was still surrounded by a bunch of guys. I remembered I had a parachute, so I just ran and jumped off the roof, gliding to safety :D

Those free-form missions with just a single objective you can tackle in myriad ways are the best.

jett

D-Member
Just realized I never even flew a jet. The penitentiary and the army base were not used at all in the game either.

Dorygrant

They should had went all the way meta and include the ifruit app on the ingame phone haha.

Funny you should mention that as that was how me and my friends thought you got it.

Considering how in-depth the internet, tv, etc, is, the concept didn't feel so far fetched.

Still stuck in android camp as well.

Yeah, I've done a bunch of those, and they're fun, but also completely different from flying a helicopter.

Really?! Damn, people here have been making me think he needs training to be able to do that. Well then, that's good to hear!

I meant it more as to give you something to do in the air haha, but yeah, i get what you mean, it sucks there's not really anything for the air stuff, maybe they'll add stuff later??

Dead

well not really...yet
Regarding a stranger mission:

Omg LOL
franklin talking to the dog
that is fucking hilarious

Grisby

I also really loved knocking over an armored car and fleeing the scene before police arrived. Then for the next few moments you're all like-

while hiding in an alley and chilling to that calm yet tension filled police chase track.
Awesome.

Can't wait for something similar to happen in multiplayer. You know it will ;P
For sure. GTA4 could be pretty crazy so I can imagine what will happen in 5.
Speaking of random but after I completed the game, I've no idea why this yellow submarine appears outside of Franklin's house... not like it works outside of the sea....

P1020123.jpg
DRIVE MEeeeeeeee. LOVE MEeeeeee.

Peff

Just realized I never even flew a jet. The penitentiary and the army base were not used at all in the game either.

There are actually alternate missions depending on what you choose for the heists. For the second one
if you choose to do the offshore heist you have to steal a cargobob from the army base, which can be tough. No clue about the penitentiary though.

no angel

Just finished Trevor's
side mission with the fitness freak (forget her name)
late game strangers and freaks spoiler.

God damn, that first punch to the head!

If its the chick I'm thinking of, she ended up dying on me (right before we got to the destination, too). I was incredibly bummed. The I took a pic with her.

I was also playing Trevor when this happened to me. And in fine psychotic meth head reasoning, decided playing Weekend at Bernies with her corpse was the sensible thing to do. Drove around with her in the front seat for a while, taking care of random business. Loved when other hitchhikers would ask for a ride. They'd walk up to the car happy I stopped, see the body and run off screaming.

This is random, but I need to clip the last six seconds from the end of each of the mp3s on the GTAV Original Score.

Each track ends with five seconds of very loud, very jarring and very annoying static as some kind of insane transition to the next track.

Any suggestions on a good free tool to edit MP3s?

cdkee

Banned
This is random, but I need to clip the last six seconds from the end of each of the mp3s on the GTAV Original Score.

Each track ends with five seconds of very loud, very jarring and very annoying static as some kind of insane transition to the next track.

Audacity

Derrick01

Banned
I'm so glad I found out about that collectible map on the social club site. Now I'm actually hunting some of these while taking a break from missions and all that. I was worried I'd have nothing left to do but hunt those and picturing how bored I would be.

Andrew.

Banned
Thanks. Looks good.

Then I can get down to making a custom soundtrack to use when free roaming. A little bit of the original score mixed with some other favorites that'd fit right in.

Speaking of which...

ibjCVxoxZVKBZa.jpg

The Tangerine Dream, DJ Shadow, Oh No and Alchemist combo beat the pulp out of anything Kavinsky has put out as well as the Drive soundtrack.... in my opinion.

Arcteryx

I seemed to have found a work around for certain cars not spawning after being X% through the game: basically create a new save/game, find the car, quick save, re-load the old save and it should re-insert the car(s) into memory. Worked for me so far with some cars that just flat-out weren't loading.

The clothing wrinkles in this game are fantastic.

The game looks legitimately good at times. This game will look fantastic on PC without any extensive ICEnhancer-type modding. AA and reduced pop-in will go a long way in making this game look good. Contrast how awful GTA: San Andreas looked even at the time of release, this a is a huge step up.

The clothing wrinkles in this game are fantastic.

They even managed to add some minor physics to the suits, so they don't look like they're stuck to you like glue. Would've been cool to have that same effect applied to all the jackets in the game, but oh well.

Also, the wet effects for clothes. Just like in Uncharted, they made it so that if, say, you go ankle deep into water, only the ankles and below will be wet. Impressive details.

Did you buy from Google Play? Same here, I sent a note into support.

They even managed to add some minor physics to the suits, so they don't look like they're stuck to you like glue. Would've been cool to have that same effect applied to all the jackets in the game, but oh well.

Also, the wet effects for clothes. Just like in Uncharted, they made it so that if, say, you go ankle deep into water, only the ankles and below will be wet. Impressive details.

If your character jumps into water then you immediately have them climb into bed, you can see the bed get wet.

Did you buy from Google Play? Same here, I sent a note into support.
Amazon.

You mean there's a version out there without the static? I figured it was somebody's annoying attempt at artistry, simulating scrolling through radio stations.

Actually, on second listening some its just really out there, so yeah, a mistake seems more likely.

Edit: Have a ticket going with Amazon now too.

ieatzombies

To make time go by faster for the epsilon 10 day robe mission, just spam sleeping in your bed until it reaches 10 days. It's annoying but it works.

Rizsparky

I'm so glad I found out about that collectible map on the social club site. Now I'm actually hunting some of these while taking a break from missions and all that. I was worried I'd have nothing left to do but hunt those and picturing how bored I would be.

Is your 'letter scraps' map working?

Lol the details in this game are amazing. I dated
a stripper
for the fourth time (name spoiler)
juliet
and while we were driving to her home she suddenly started to
suck me off
lol

DukeBobby

I wish Rockstar did something different with the Leonora Johnson mystery. Maybe an LA Noire style investigation or something.

Finding letter scraps is so boring.

Top Bottom