• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Aranath

I would try checking the vehicle impound. That is where I found a car I modded and then left it during a mission on the side of the road.

I checked there and, annoyingly, nothing. There's nothing else even in the impound, so it couldn't have been overwritten.

I have no idea where else to look. I've checked his house's garage, the big storage garage and the impound. The only thing I can think of trying is looking where I last had it before those storyline events kicked off, which is the movie studio.

If it's not there then I really think it's gone, which is at least 150k down the drain.

Also, is this the first GTA game without a proper theme tune during the loading? Pretty disappointing. I mean there is music but it's very quite and pretty crap.

WTF? The loading theme is great. It compliments the pause music well. The final mix is way too low, but it's good.

Just did the install and intro mission, excited to play more when I have some time tonight.

One thing that struck me as odd; at the end of Michael's [spoilers for the first 15 minutes]
fake funeral
, the screen and sound faints out in the middle of the pastor's speech, and then "GTA V" appears without any sound or music. I thought it was an audio bug on my end but apparently that's how it's supposed to go.

Absolutely not a major complaint or anything, just something that seemed awkward.

Rockstar needs to patch it so that stolen aircraft gets treated as bought aircraft in your hangar. You can't buy the military fighter jet, only steal it. Problem is, if you store it at a hangar, selecting one of your bought aircraft from the list makes it disappear, and you have to steal it again.

WTF? The loading theme is great. It compliments the pause music well.

Yeah, I really like the music too. Also I've noticed since copying the install disc to the USB and the play disc to the hard drive, the initial load is really quick. I only get through about one and a half load screens, maybe less, before it starts. But when I load from within the game it takes about 3 screens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it really going to kill the game to give me the perk at ALL Los Santos Customs? Why do I have to go to THAT specific one each time if I want free upgrades?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Trevor 3rd Bounty:
Was a bit behind the guy on the parachute. He landed before me. I went into precise landing mode and was catching him quick since I was still in my chute and he was running. Cut the chute midair and hit him, taking him down, lol.

I love the constant tension while driving a car with a bunch of customizations from Blaine County to Los Santos. You're just waiting for some random event to cause you to blow up your vehicle.

Speaking of, don't even tap the big gas tanks with your car.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love the constant tension while driving a car with a bunch of customizations from Blaine County to Los Santos. You're just waiting for some random event to cause you to blow up your vehicle.

Speaking of, don't even tap the big gas tanks with your car.

I had a convict from the local prison jack my Infernus. And the thing was so fast that it was impossible to catch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm at 46 hours and only 51 missions done. Been dicking around on the internet a LOT. If I had more exposable income, I'd be dicking around with expensive cars, but we all know how that goes.

TheContact

I found a pretty funny way to steal armored trucks rather easily. Don't kill the guys in the truck and drive away, when the cops catch up to you, drive back to the armored truck guys. When they shoot at you the cop's ai thinks they're enemies and they fight each other, letting you drive off without them chasing you

kruskev

U3J9HaS.jpg

spent like 2 hours straight for this :D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
(Ignore if you don't want early Strangers & Freaks stuff for Trevor spoiled, but I don't think it's spoiler tag worthy.)

Just met Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill and did a task for them. Any other Brits here who are loving these two? They give me some good old 'League of Gentlemen' vibes; got that kinda spooky old weirdo thing down. Trevor's reactions to them are so funny - the idea that he would come across people who he considers "a couple of fruitcakes"

I was chatting with a friend about this couple and was pretty shocked when he came out with "it's pretty racist toward British people"... I mean, really? This is GTA we're talking about here, the game that's racist toward everything. These characters are tame in comparison with most of the shit that's going on in the game, and he's worried about how us poor British people are represented. Needless to say, I am still sat here shaking my head.

With all the tripe that's filling the game-blame-space recently, I'm a little annoyed at the idea that people are scraping the barrel so thin. Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill are great.

uberluigi

Banned
Not sure if this is a glitch but..
for the fib mission I got the fire truck already and trying to get a getaway vehicle but none of the cars I get prompt me to hide the car what am I doing wrong here?

Kuro

Does anyone remember how long it took for GTAIV to get sales? Like more than $15 off? I'm debating whether to buy GTAV now or wait for holiday deals.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I absolutely love this song off the soundtrack.

Yes! I love that song so much. Of course, the whole score is amazing. Two other tracks that stand out to me are The Grip and Rich Man's Plaything.

I met
Ursula
recently as Trevor, dunno if you can meet her with other characters. She and he seem like a match made in a lunatic asylum. I kinda wish you could hang out and go on dates with the booty calls before taking them home.

Does anyone remember how long it took for GTAIV to get sales? Like more than $15 off? I'm debating whether to buy GTAV now or wait for holiday deals.

I saw it on Amazon for $6 off like a day or two after release. I think it'll start going down within a month or so once used copies start flooding the place. I speak from a position of ignorance on this though.

I think I'm about halfway through the story and I've noticed that a bunch of new cars have shown up driving around. I now see infernus, the Porche suv lookalike, subaru Wagon lookalike, 80s camaro, and others. Was my game glitched before or do you unlock new Ai cats as you progress?

Hey You

Not sure if this is a glitch but..
for the fib mission I got the fire truck already and trying to get a getaway vehicle but none of the cars I get prompt me to hide the car what am I doing wrong here?
have you tried calling frank while in the car?

Marleyman

Banned
Laughed hard when switching to Trevor and he was on a scooter. Next to him was another guy on a scooter, which led Trevor to say things like "we are scooter brothers!"

I think I'm about halfway through the story and I've noticed that a bunch of new cars have shown up driving around. I now see infernus, the Porche suv lookalike, subaru Wagon lookalike, 80s camaro, and others. Was my game glitched before or do you unlock new Ai cats as you progress?

I noticed this as well. I'm not sure whether it was just me finding more cars as I played more, or whether they actually don't start spawning until late in the game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Today I went on a tour of Vinewood via the Vinewood Tour Bus, went up to the Vinewood sign and climbed it, found a pig farm in the lower valley, ran across a massive police roadblock and shooting spree in a motel, bought some clothes, rescued a girl from two crazy hillbillies that I saw on the side of the road, drove to the windmill farms and dove into the ocean.

This game is pretty good.

Who got on board the HAL bandwagon when it was at $1? It's currently at $1.94 and seems to be steadily rising. Nice work to those that invested! It was $0.78 last night!

Derrick01

Banned
Who got on board the HAL bandwagon when it was at $1? It's currently at $1.94 and seems to be steadily rising. Nice work to those that invested! It was $0.78 last night!

My 200,000 shares combined from the 3 guys is ready! I'm still only about halfway through the story so I haven't even seen the serious money yet from the story.

NySpeed

Can anyone tell me if I can use R1 to shoot? (thinking of getting the PS3 version, but dont like R2 for shooting like in GTA 4) Thanks!

My 200,000 shares combined from the 3 guys is ready! I'm still only about halfway through the story so I haven't even seen the serious money yet from the story.

If it goes back down (which I'm sure it will, it seems quite volatile) I'll be jumping on board with $100 million for each character.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Damn, I jumped on when we were talking about it a few days ago ITT but then sold it this morning because it really didn't do too much. Get taken for a ride in a game stock market just like real life. Fuck.

I bet once GTAO gets going the stock market is going to make me either very rich or turning tricks in Sandy Shores.

I aborted when it seemed like it would never move from $1.02, saw earlier today that it was at $.78 and just laughed, but once it started climbing again and reached $1.30 I jumped back on board. Currently made about 500k.

Damn, I jumped on when we were talking about it a few days ago ITT but then sold it this morning because it really didn't do too much. Get taken for a ride in a game stock market just like real life. Fuck.

I bet once GTAO gets going the stock market is going to make me either very rich or turning tricks in Sandy Shores.

Save scum. I keep 2 saves of my games, one with all my money on a BAWSAQ stock (since it fluctuates ever when you're not playing), and one without it. If it goes up, good for me, if it goes down I'll reload my other save. :)

Oozer3993

So I've finished the story, but I've hit a snag going for the Three Man Army achievement. Spoiler tagged just in case:
I can't get all three together. I can get two of the guys together, but then the other won't answer his phone. I've tried sleeping to make time go by, but that doesn't change anything. Neither does trying with a different two man tandem to start.
Can anyone help me out?

why does this game make me bring my own vehicle to the race??? it's nice to have the option but if i just showup why can't i take a default vehicle. i don't know where a seashark is on this half of the map, the only ones i know of would take like 20 minutes to get to the race spot. fucking stupid it can't just spawn one across the river or some shit.

Lunzio

So I've finished the story, but I've hit a snag going for the Three Man Army achievement. Spoiler tagged just in case:
I can't get all three together. I can get two of the guys together, but then the other won't answer his phone. I've tried sleeping to make time go by, but that doesn't change anything. Neither does trying with a different two man tandem to start.
Can anyone help me out?

Have you tried
calling both of them before picking either of them up?

Just finished the mission (60% through)
Minor Turbulence. Very fun, reminded me of SA, wasn't as rewarding as that mission nor did it live up to the trailer thing but very fun nonetheless.

Top Bottom