• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

If its the chick I'm thinking of, she ended up dying on me (right before we got to the destination, too). I was incredibly bummed. The I took a pic with her.

0_0.jpg

This happened to me as well. So pissed.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's somewhat annoying that you have to select language every time you start the game. It means you can't just start it and then do something else while it loads, you first have to wait for the language selection screen. Why can't the game remember your selection? Oh well, just a minor annoyance.

Megasoum

Banned
So I haven't been following the whole car thing very closely...

So let's say for example that I want to change the wheels on Michael's car cause huh...well you know why if you got far enough into the game lol..

Will those new wheels save? Do I absolutely to go back to his house to save in a garage?

It's somewhat annoying that you have to select language every time you start the game. It means you can't just start it and then do something else while it loads, you first have to wait for the language selection screen. Why can't the game remember your selection? Oh well, just a minor annoyance.

I have never needed to select language, maybe at install but not since then anyway.

Horseress

How the fuck do I fly on a helicopter? I'm getting owned on those flying classes, I can't go forward, just up and down. someone help pls

eek5

So I haven't been following the whole car thing very closely...

So let's say for example that I want to change the wheels on Michael's car cause huh...well you know why if you got far enough into the game lol..

Will those new wheels save? Do I absolutely to go back to his house to save in a garage?

nope you lose all that stuff when car changes

How the fuck do I fly on a helicopter? I'm getting owned on those flying classes, I can't go forward, just up and down. someone help pls

It feels like they put in a safety so that if you tilt too far forward it will bounce back and vice versa. The trick I found was to tilt LS forward just a little bit and then modulate RT until you are steady. You should be moving forward without bouncing around now, then hold RT and keep LS forward. You'll be slightly descending and moving forward. When you are too low let off LS and you'll ascend then put slight pressure on LS again.. it's a pain in the butt

DjRoomba

Banned
I know bout Michaels wheels, but I dont understand how they got there. They just appeared for no reason for me after an unrelated mission

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You don't need to train him to get collectibles. Just take him for a walk and press RT to make him hunt for hidden items.

Just tried this, and it doesn't work for me. R2 does absolutely nothing. The only thing I seem to be able to do with Chop is throw a ball or dismiss him.

I have never needed to select language, maybe at install but not since then anyway.

Really? Version? PS3 version here, and I have to do it every time I start the game. Maybe it's because my system language is Swedish, which isn't one of the languages in the game.

Aranath

Did I get hit with the disappearing car bug? :(

I bought a Comet online and had it delivered to the garage. I picked it up, modded it, took it back to Michael's house and used it on and off for quite a while, always returning it. On one occasion, it got left behind due to a mission and I collected it from the depot. But after (spoilers for 2/3 of the way through the story)
Michael returns back home from Trevor's place when things have been settled
the car is nowhere to be seen. The garage in his house only has a bicycle that was saved with the car. Strange that the bike is there, but not the car. The depot is empty and it's not showing in the storage garage down the road from his house.

I'm going to be pretty pissed if I can't get that car back. I spent a ton of money buying it and modding it and money is rather difficult to come by.

I dont' see what's wrong with it.

Yeah, seriously. I'm not understanding the complaints about the gunplay. It feels almost like Max Payne 3 for me, not quite as smooth and responsive, but almost there. To me, MP3 still has the finest shooting mechanics in any 3rd person shooter I've played, so I'm certainly not complaining.

Just tried this, and it doesn't work for me. R2 does absolutely nothing. The only thing I seem to be able to do with Chop is throw a ball or dismiss him.

Really? Version? PS3 version here, and I have to do it every time I start the game. Maybe it's because my system language is Swedish, which isn't one of the languages in the game.

It's gotta be cause your system is Swedish, i have the ps3 version and it's never done that to me

eek5

Ahhhh I got it, you mean i'll loose them if I go before the story thing...but after that it's fine... Good.

Yeah.

Mike's isn't bad because most of the changes are upgrades so it makes stuff cheaper. Trevor's has almost no mods so you lose all your upgrades completely. Sucks.

Spent an hour just trail biking along all the massive hills , the draw distance is outstanding , and I found some random Dino bones in the rocks lol.

Been said already but this really is the most detailed open world game I have ever seen , I was fully expecting a just cause 2 style barren wilderness but this is a whole other level.

Plus details like the npcs actually belonging to the area , ie the hills have campers , the beaches have swimmers e.t.c 4 did that to an extent but it's a whole other level here.

I have not even done the second heist yet but probably spent 12 hours in this game already.

w2000

Did I get hit with the disappearing car bug? :(

I bought a Comet online and had it delivered to the garage. I picked it up, modded it, took it back to Michael's house and used it on and off for quite a while, always returning it. On one occasion, it got left behind due to a mission and I collected it from the depot. But after (spoilers for 2/3 of the way through the story)
Michael returns back home from Trevor's place when things have been settled
the car is nowhere to be seen. The garage in his house only has a bicycle that was saved with the car. Strange that the bike is there, but not the car. The depot is empty and it's not showing in the storage garage down the road from his house.

I'm going to be pretty pissed if I can't get that car back. I spent a ton of money buying it and modding it and money is rather difficult to come by.

Yeah, seriously. I'm not understanding the complaints about the gunplay. It feels almost like Max Payne 3 for me, not quite as smooth and responsive, but almost there. To me, MP3 still has the finest shooting mechanics in any 3rd person shooter I've played, so I'm certainly not complaining.

I would try checking the vehicle impound. That is where I found a car I modded and then left it during a mission on the side of the road.

What's the best motorcycle for street races and where can I find it? (I'd rather not have to buy one considering I haven't been paid for the last 10 missions I've done.)

Spent an hour just trail biking along all the massive hills , the draw distance is outstanding , and I found some random Dino bones in the rocks lol.

Been said already but this really is the most detailed open world game I have ever seen , I was fully expecting a just cause 2 style barren wilderness but this is a whole other level.

Plus details like the npcs actually belonging to the area , ie the hills have campers , the beaches have swimmers e.t.c 4 did that to an extent but it's a whole other level here.

I have not even done the second heist yet but probably spent 12 hours in this game already.

I got 30 hours in before doing the second heist and I still feel like I rushed it.

Next time I see HAL stocks drop below a dollar like they did last night, I'm putting everything from every character on it (about 150 million a piece). If it gets to $1.40ish, I'm out!

I wish you can trade on the app or on the social club site.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Does making Chop hunt for collectibles require training him with the iOS-only app or not? Some say it does, others say it doesn't. I sure can't seem to make him do it. If it is required that's just bullshit. Tricks are one thing, because they don't really matter, but being able to make him hunt is essential for finding shit unless you want to just look at the map on the Social Club site. And I really don't want to do that, as it would ruin the entire point of these items.

vixlar

Also, is this the first GTA game without a proper theme tune during the loading? Pretty disappointing. I mean there is music but it's very quite and pretty crap.

While in the loading screen I humm the San Andreas theme. I can't avoid it :-(

Horseress

It feels like they put in a safety so that if you tilt too far forward it will bounce back and vice versa. The trick I found was to tilt LS forward just a little bit and then modulate RT until you are steady. You should be moving forward without bouncing around now, then hold RT and keep LS forward. You'll be slightly descending and moving forward. When you are too low let off LS and you'll ascend then put slight pressure on LS again.. it's a pain in the butt

Man, thanks, but it stills doesn't feels right, shouldn't be that hard :lol

eek5

Man, thanks, but it stills doesn't feels right, shouldn't be that hard :lol

Yeah it is really bad. I discovered that it is almost impossible to crash it while doing those missions. I was trying to crash to restart (I later learned you can just exit the helicopter and it'll autofail) but no matter what you do the helicopter will re-stabilize. I think they tried to make the helicopter easy for controllers to not fuck up but ended up making it nearly unpilotable for regular people lol. I golded the helicopter missions and I still think the controls are terrible; they just are zero fun even when you manage to get the helo to do what you want.

For people having trouble reaching high speeds in a chopper, what I do is hold down R2 and left stick forward all the way, then once I'm as fast as I can go in that position, I let go of R2 for a little bit so that the heli faces downward even more, and then I hold down R2 again. This will increase your speed but you have to be mindful of your altitude, and let go of the left stick when you need to rise for a checkpoint. Holding right trigger/R2 and left stick forward and tilting the left stick to a certain side also seems to have the same result.

Megasoum

Banned
That's a minor thing but it always annoys me that I have to re-select all my weapons after I reload a save. Like my favorite pistol, smg, assault rifle, etc.

Yeah I got the PS3 version as well. My system language is in English though, so maybe that's why. I changed a long time ago and I haven't looked back.

Does making Chop hunt for collectibles require training him with the iOS-only app or not? Some say it does, others say it doesn't. I sure can't seem to make him do it. If it is required that's just bullshit. Tricks are one thing, because they don't really matter, but being able to make him hunt is essential for finding shit unless you want to just look at the map on the Social Club site. And I really don't want to do that, as it would ruin the entire point of these items.

I'd like to know this as well because I can't Chop to do anything but fetch.

Top Bottom