• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

dreamfall

The game is so good.

Got a mix of gold/silvers in all the Plane trials with Michael- do I need to gold them all to get a 100%?

I haven't even played much of the Story- just really enjoy driving about, switching into the different characters' lives and really just getting a feel for the place in. 30ish hours in!

So much love!

dreamfall

Also unlocked a trick with Chop through the iFruit app, but I don't know hot to get him to sit with the controller in hand!

Unlocking those certainly does take some time- those credits need to come back faster!

That's a beautiful thing!

Is it just me, or does 100% seem way easier than IV?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So yeah. You sober up too fast. I wanna drive drunk and piss off the cops.

Couldn't agree more. It's ridiculous. I want to have some fun when I get drunk. Do some drink driving. Things sg back to normal before I even have time to make it to my car. Getting drunk should last a good few minutes at least. As it is it lasts a matter of seconds.

FStop7

Banned
Yes. Social Club is fucking stuff up big time. Rockstar needs to take that 1 billion dollars and put it into servers. GTA Online is going to be hell. :(

The cynic in me suspects this is why GTA Online wasn't released with GTA5 day and date - they didn't want their flawless review scores dragged down.

For people needing help on the bounties- if you have an iPad or iPhone download the GTA V manual. Included is a map with the same satellite imagery as the bounties. Makes it much easier to find the general location.

I think this might be one of the first times that I am actually uncomfortable by a character's actions in a video game. I'm getting real uncomfortable just playing as him, lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I finally realized that Trevor is an old methhead version of Johnny Knoxville.

Lingitiz

3 main characters is the best addition to an open world game in a long time. Really liking how the characters intersect, and each mission is actually interesting and worth caring about so far (25 or so in).

I'm not a huge fan of the combat though. Movement is just super clunky and slow, and the framerate issues don't make it any better. It's probably made worse by the fact that I played Max Payne 3 about a month ago on PC.

I honestly don't see how it's possible to play this with free aim. The framerate is just so bad which makes the controls ridiculously sluggish and weighty.

jjw3k

Banned
Anyone know the deal with Dynasty8 properties. I've seen some speculation that it's unavailable much like BAWSAQ was due to the Social Club issues. I hope this is the case because, buying virtual homes is fun!

Ensirius

I feel the wanted time is just right honestly. I enjoy the thrill of feeling until I'm out of sight, and then either changing a vehicle to staying hidden somewhere in cover just waiting for the alert to go off. Probably the best wanted system so far in GTA.
So much this. I can't stress enough how fantastic a job R* has done implementing the wanted system on V. I feel as I am really in the centre of the action while I am being chased by 5 different patrol cars and a helicopter above me. It's not just me trying to run away from a circle on the minimap. I have to take into account officers are looking for a specific car description. Not only that, I also need to figure out the perfect hiding spot where officers both in land and above me will not be able to spot me for quite a substantial amount of time. It's just perfect.

I love this game so damn much, but goddamn I can't help but feel they could've made the third person controls so much easier and simpler...

Tapping X to sprint is fine, but why do I have to hold X to jog? Stop, it's annoying. So many other third person games get it right, just let walking/jogging be up to the sensitivity of the analog sticks.

And I feel like the shooting while taking cover is clunky for no reason...I guess part of that comes from having to hold X to jog, ugh. Maybe the next one.

Zukuu

Banned
Am I the only one who's still having trouble making money?
After the first heist I spent all my money on customizing cars, buying cars and buying properties with everyone but Micheal. He's the only one who always had enough to buy all new gear, upgrade his standard car and still have enough money left to get everything sorted out.

Don't buy properties.
Don't buy cars
Don't customize cars (except the standard one)

and you have enough money for everything. It's weird actually, but properties ain't worth it, unless it's the big money stuff, or you like doing quests for it (flying, submarine) for pay out.

The smoke on the water is decent enough tho.

Dreaver

Anyone know where the Altruist cult is? Whenever Trevor picks someone up the prompt comes up saying I can deliver them there.

It's a bit hard to explain but...
Somewhere in the North West of the map there is a little town somewhere up the mountain (close to Mount Chillad), it's surrounded by a big wooden wall. It's up quite high, there is also some kind of radio tower really close, just above the little town.

PotatoCat

I finally realized that Trevor is an old methhead version of Johnny Knoxville.
The first time i saw the in game trailer i first thought "Hey, he's kinda like Johnny Knoxville, but crazier."

oh and
ku-xlarge.gif

i cant OMG im dead. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Is the strategy guide worth it? I'm just thinking I'll never be able to find all the stunt jumps or collectibles on my own based on how big the game is lol

The stunt jumps/bridge fly-unders can be located by
checking the in-game internet for the 'Junk' drinks website - they should have a link on their site that leads to a map.

I think you have to
train Chop
to help find other collectibles?

Septimius

So it seems BAWSAQ is just an oscillating type thing. Goes up for five hours, goes down for five hours. Maybe this'll be different once Social Club isn't so overly hammered, but I'm making a killing on this technique now.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So it seems BAWSAQ is just an oscillating type thing. Goes up for five hours, goes down for five hours. Maybe this'll be different once Social Club isn't so overly hammered, but I'm making a killing on this technique now.

Lucky, mine wont move an inch. I've got 6 million all together across my 3 characters in a 1 dollar stock and it hasn't changed one cent since I bought it.

I was disappointed they didn't have the stars drain or something similar to RDR.

That was pretty handy.

Then again it probably ratchets up the tension a bit.

duckroll

Yes, Hawk and Little. But I do check the overall market and it doesn't seem to change at all.

That was my first investment too, before I knew the difference between the two markets. Michael has a little over a thousand invested in that, small time, but if the stock ever skyrockets, it'll be a nice payday. Lol.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
There must be a really good reason why Rockstar is clinging to the digital movement scheme versus a modern analog one...but I can't think of it.

I am still just freaking shocked at how great this game is. I've played for damn near 40 hours, and I'm only 60% of the way done. And I haven't even TOUCHED triathlons, car customization, tennis, golf, or darts.

The one thing that is going to be a real bitch is finding all of the collectibles. Any chance R* went that extra step and put in the ability to unlock locations of the
letter pieces and spaceship parts
on the map?

Also, I can't figure out where to go for the first bounty hunter mission. I don't recognize that part of the map. Mark the general area for me R*!

If only this game had a metal station, then I could truly die a happy man.

Still, this is easily my game of the year, and will definitely rank in my top 5 favorite games ever. It is so unbelievably exceptional.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That was my first investment too, before I knew the difference between the two markets. Michael has a little over a thousand invested in that, small time, but if the stock ever skyrockets, it'll be a nice payday. Lol.

I have atleast 300,000 per character in HAL

just go up $1. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
My Trevor now has a relationship with a stripper called Juliet. She sends pictures of herself in skanky outfits now.

In addition to wanting a Thriller/Mystery DLC where we play a lady journalist investigating weird happenings in Blaine County and greater LS, I also just thought of how AMAZING it would be to have a Natural Born Killers DLC, with Trevor, a Lucky Lady and some dude with an unnecessarily foreign accent going all over conducting increasingly insane acts of violence for said third person who is filming it so they can become famous.

Philia

I just completed all of the Rampages (and achievement unlocked) but OMFG the last one made me LOL out aloud. Got damn, Trevor's SO damn awesome! :D

He made the mini game REAL DAMN FUN out of any rampage I've ever played. :D That last one was damn satisfying too! :D

wizzbang

Banned
Has anyone found any cool stuff underwater? I've found 2 smashed planes and an abandoned large submarine. (It's near the tennis courts on the beach on the lower left of the map)

I didn't realise I could exit the sub and don scuba gear for the 2 planes but I swam inside the sub! incredible. Then swam back to my smaller yellow sub and headed off.
I wish I'd explored the planes now - but I don't know what would be in them.

Holy fuck! I just started the
submarine mission (Im assuming the first?)
and I cannot fathom how incredible it looks
underwater with the sun beaming down.
. This game is a graphical masterpiece!!!

wizzbang

Banned
There must be a really good reason why Rockstar is clinging to the digital movement scheme versus a modern analog one...but I can't think of it.

Yeah I miss holding the analog stick slightly forward for a slower walk :/ but considering they have 512mb of memory to work with, it's still amazing.

wizzbang

Banned
I just completed all of the Rampages (and achievement unlocked) but OMFG the last one made me LOL out aloud. Got damn, Trevor's SO damn awesome! :D

He made the mini game REAL DAMN FUN out of any rampage I've ever played. :D That last one was damn satisfying too! :D

Yep, so far all the mini games are good! - honestly, I think I might 100% this.

26 hours played between the three characters and apparently 40% completion level. Long way to go. I can't play for more than 2-3 hours at a time. Head starts to hurt. This is for video games in general. Guess I'm getting old. 26 hours since Sunday is a ton for me though.

Top Bottom