• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

It really does, we should totally do a guild event at various awesome/beautiful jumping puzzle locations such as this.. especially for people like me who might not have yet been to or known about them.

We used to do weekly Jumping Puzzle events, but once we ran through them all there wasn't much incentive to run them again. Now that it's been a while and we have so many new members, it might be worth starting up again.

We actually have a screenshot from when we ran that puzzle as a guild;
gw3143sjss.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't think I could pick a single track as a favorite, but I will always really love Logan's Journey. It was playing during the first Beta Weekend Event, and I was completely blown away that I was actually playing Guild Wars 2 finally. I was in Queensdale on my human Guardian, having just finished killing off some Centaurs on the Scaver Plateau and helped to clean up Altar Brook Trading Post, headed west along the road.

I come up over the hill by that little watch tower and just as the landscape spreads out before me, all rolling green hills, a mirror-like stream reflecting a blue sky of whispy clouds, little farms huddled beneath towering peaks...

And that song kicks in, and I know there's a whole god damned adventure ahead of me, and that was kind of the point where I knew they hype was real and everything was going to be awesome. That was my first and probably one of my favorite memories of this game. More than two years ago now and this game still surprises me.

Best part of the video.

This is so amazing because it reminded me of my first time playing as well. Guild Wars 2 was so god damn magical when I first entered the game.

Thanks for the throwback.

edit: Sadly, I only have three screenshots from when I first started(ish).
This is 3/3.
i don't even...

Retro

Sadly, I only have three screenshots from when I first started(ish).

I saved all of them because I knew I'd want to see them later. I even arranged all of my BWE shots into an album with comments and everything; http://imgur.com/a/3ZG8I (WARNING: If you are allergic to puns, have your Epipen ready.)

Edit: Holy crap, I forgot the old font they had for chat. It looks so weird now.
Edit 2: Round Mini-map! Endurance over the utility skills. WAT
Edit 3: "Look at this cool statue!" I say, not realizing it was part of the Maw event.

GAFractals soldier on into ever more treacherous territory, now challenging the level 40-49 difficulty range. There was a moment tonight when group morale dropped to its lowest point in weeks, but we persevered and grew that much stronger for the experience.

We leave triumphant against the most difficult of fractal bosses. Please enjoy our battle vs. Captain Mai Trin!
Looks like I wasn't doing much to help. I reaally should've brought banner. I also need to make an ascended rifle. :x

Thorgal

my favorite songs still remain fear not this night , the seraph and labyrhinthine cliffs.

sorry i am on my phone and cannot post links right now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Question.

Does Mesmer Scepter 1's Ether Clone (the third attack that spawns a clone) shatters existing phantasms?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Question.

Does Mesmer Scepter 1's Ether Clone (the third attack that spawns a clone) shatters existing phantasms?

it will kill them if there is nothing else available to replace, which is to say if you have 3 phantasms. If you have fewer than 3 it is smart enough to only replace clones and leave your phantasms alive. Actually, with Debilitating Dissipation (and Crippling ideally), keeping up one or two phantasms and continuously replacing the third slot with ether clone and Deceptive Evasion can make for a fun condition build.

About that, yesterday I was trying a Mesmer. I am not sure if I should use a Staff or a Scepter+Focus? Any suggestions? I kinda like the skills of both sets.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
it will kill them if there is nothing else available to replace, which is to say if you have 3 phantasms. If you have fewer than 3 it is smart enough to only replace clones and leave your phantasms alive. Actually, with Debilitating Dissipation (and Crippling ideally), keeping up one or two phantasms and continuously replacing the third slot with ether clone and Deceptive Evasion can make for a fun condition build.

Wait wait wait

So if I have two active phantasms, then use Ether Clone to create one clone, it will continually replace only the Ether Clone?

Mega clutch banner at 11:30. Saved the run.

Haha! One defeated and two downed is prime time to drop a banner. I hate seeing that I hesitated before dropping it though. I should have been quicker on the draw.

Us playing in the water at 14:15 is probably my favorite part. Combo fields are so much fun.

Similarly the very vocal minority in Warhammer Online set off a chain of class nerfs that lead to tons of people quitting the game and putting on the path to ruin (though I think the conversion to F2P with bells and whistles kept it from complete death).

Having bought WHO day 0 and played it for 3 months, u havin a giggle, m8?

That game was released at least one year before it should have been. What happened to it was exactly what it deserved. Heck, probably even less, after the credit card fiasco.

Not going to surprise many folks with that kind of thing around here, that's been a rock solid Truth for ages. The only people who think raiders make up the majority of MMO players are raiders.

I liked it when they started defending the Rockstar theory, in which raiders were the rockstars of WoW (use eyerolls liberally), and every other player aspired to be like them, so blizz should cater to them in order to attract more players..

Having bought WHO day 0 and played it for 3 months, u havin a giggle, m8?

That game was released at least one year before it should have been. What happened to it was exactly what it deserved. Heck, probably even less, after the credit card fiasco.

Beta'd, had a Limited Edition copy and played it for over a year. Not joking at all. What killed the game was class nerfs. The dungeons were buggy but WAR's endgame wasn't about dungeons, it was about PvP.

And I have no idea what credit card fiasco you're talking about. Unless you were playing a version managed by GOA or you're talking about the overbilling that happened 2 years after launch...

markot

Banned
Beta'd, had a Limited Edition copy and played it for over a year. Not joking at all. What killed the game was class nerfs. The dungeons were buggy but WAR's endgame wasn't about dungeons, it was about PvP.

And I have no idea what credit card fiasco you're talking about. Unless you were playing a version managed by GOA or you're talking about the overbilling that happened 2 years after launch...
The game was a wreck from the start. Even before that.

markot

Banned
I don't really like the romance crap in the story. Or romance crap in general. Its like... Hey... I'm here too, maybe act like it?

The only character I like is taimi. Or however you spell it. The others I kind of hate. I also don't like the whole captain planet feel of it all. Every race gets their character.... Well except for salads. But they've ruined the first two main stories in this game anyway.

Non asuras ruin everything in this game. Bookahs.

Why do we need these teams of hero's? I like the personal story stuff with the chapters generally, why can't they just do that.... Make the chapter choices feel better. Build on them. Rather than ignoring them.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
About that, yesterday I was trying a Mesmer. I am not sure if I should use a Staff or a Scepter+Focus? Any suggestions? I kinda like the skills of both sets.
Kinda depends what you're going for. Scepter is really tricky to use well though it has become one of my favorite weapons. Sword/Focus and Sword/Pistol are not to be overlooked for PvE either. Blurred Frenzy is just a ridiculously good skill.

Staff is always good, you can play keepaway with the 2 and Blink and basically never take damage and solo almost anything in the open world, if you're patient enough. I personally loved GS for leveling too though it takes some getting used to.
Wait wait wait

So if I have two active phantasms, then use Ether Clone to create one clone, it will continually replace only the Ether Clone?
Correct.

Yep

Worse; that they know game development, production, storytelling and the rules of time and space better. Not even joking.

I kinda wanna see the storytelling complaints now.

Or are we entering some bizarro realm where LS/PS has mostly solid storytelling?

Don't want to derail any more than this has but I don't recall having any major issues. In any case I'm talking about what killed the game after the population had settled.

Oh, if it is past the first 3 months where they lost more than half the initial active accounts, i've no idea, might very well be.

Anno

BLTC Keys on sale. 1=106, 5=382, 25=1785

Isn't still cheaper to buy keys through the new pack? You even get a few minor items on top. Guess you do have to commit to 1000 gems, though.

All these vines are super interesting. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Thorgal

I am thinking which armor set to aim for for my Charr for looks.

The ones i like are

Flame Legion

soudRD5.jpg

Cultural tier one

RZ3DSQD.jpg

Brutus' Sheena's Devona's Galrath's Jalis' Koss' Rurik's and Yakkington's armor set.

46LMDvE.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, I never realized how sweet the texture on the back of that chest was Noisy, put back the one showing it!
PTMKhn6l.jpg

good to see GW2 in the top 10 <3 .
:eek: Maybe this is dumb of me but did anyone else think there'd be no chance it was over Diablo 3 yet?

This is just game sessions launched using Overwolf too (the TS overlay). I wonder how it shakes out.

Holy shit at that Top 3 = 50% Stat.

BraXzy

I mix and match a bunch of stuff on my Charr but the most important bit is the Primeval armour which looks godly.

How long are BL keys on sale for?

I am planning to .

But first things first get him to level 80 first . only at 34 now .

@Noisy where do you get that helmet from ?
That helm is form the primeval armor set in the gem store. Great charr armor.

I mix and match a bunch of stuff on my Charr but the most important bit is the Primeval armour which looks godly.

How long are BL keys on sale for?
Probably a week or so. Not worth it though. If you want BL keys now, buy a zephyrite bundle. Better price per key and you get extra goodies.

BraXzy

I am planning to .

But first things first get him to level 80 first . only at 34 now .

@Noisy where do you get that helmet from ?

The helmet is part of the Primeval set that I mentioned.

I just got 10 BL keys since they are discounted (already got the Zephyrite bundle) and got 7 BL ticket scrap out of em mwuhaha!

Here's the most recent iteration of the earlier stuff. Charrzooka included for awesome. >_>

I just got 10 BL keys since they are discounted (already got the Zephyrite bundle) and got 7 BL ticket scrap out of em mwuhaha!
I've gotten 5 scraps in something like 40 chests. I don't buy keys anymore unless they're on a big sale. :s

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Doesn't that mean you got another ticket? Dang man!

BraXzy

Doesn't that mean you got another ticket? Dang man!

Yup, I already had 8 scraps in the bank, I now have 3 BL claim tickets waiting for something amazing and/or till I get 2 more for one of the old skins. I've been damn lucky with em recently. Heck, one of the chests I open gave me two scraps at the same time :L

Arrest this man for his double post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom