• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem that presents itself is always that a vocal minority is.. well.. vocal. And can destroy a games reputation. The combination of a VERY vocal minority of detractors and the PSN outage killed Socom 4 outright. I'm talking about logging into the MP and there were less than 10 players online. That games failure may even be the reason Zipper was shut down.

Similarly the very vocal minority in Warhammer Online set off a chain of class nerfs that lead to tons of people quitting the game and putting on the path to ruin (though I think the conversion to F2P with bells and whistles kept it from complete death).

Moondrop

Banned
For a software developer to satisfy a vocal minority in a gaming community means changing the game, which will necessarily impact the gaming experience of the silent majority. Whereas most major businesses actually choose to cater to the vocal minority- e.g. settements of frivolous lawsuits, apologies to those that rage on Twitter- as a PR move to prevent them from infecting the silent majority, but the catering involves throwing money at the problem rather than changing the product itself. So we really can't compare.

BraXzy

Btw guys, check your emails/go to your bungie redemption page. You can now choose your platform and stuff for the Destiny beta.

I just got 2 exotics from my map completion chest in Cursed Shore. That's a first for me!

BraXzy

Gattsby just made a Necro called "Arbor Gattsby" (Since it is a Sylvari).

Here is an early shot of his character:

lt106_rose_arbour_lg.jpg

BraXzy

Never change, super liberal OT GAF.

Come back tomorrow and put some effort into it this time, son.

Looks like it. Not sure if discussing bans is bannable.. hopefully not xD

I forgot to post this before but.. Me and Roxie were getting to the Teq waypoint on foot making our way through the top of Mount Maelstrom when for a split second a portal (like the one to a new zone) showed up between some rocks (screen below) and then I blinked and it disappeared. I thought I was seeing things but Roxie saw it too so idk what that was all about. Some spoooooooky stuff though. Anyone have any ideas?

Retro

I forgot to post this before but.. Me and Roxie were getting to the Teq waypoint on foot making our way through the top of Mount Maelstrom when for a split second a portal (like the one to a new zone) showed up between some rocks (screen below) and then I blinked and it disappeared. I thought I was seeing things but Roxie saw it too so idk what that was all about. Some spoooooooky stuff though. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh no, you didn't imagine it. It's one of those little things that makes Guild Wars 2 so good that somehow got left off the list above. We should go a'huntin' for it tonight if you're game.

Looks like it. Not sure if discussing bans is bannable.. hopefully not xD

It's portal for a jumping puzzle, I think there are 4 of them might be 3 can't remember...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, so that asura is also racist huh? Then again I thought asura are racist by default. I have always seen that asura around since I always stop at Fort Mariner and her dialogue is full of scummy stuff (corrupt guard and the like), but didn't know her racism towards sylvari is double.

Huh, so that asura is also racist huh? Then again I thought asura are racist by default. I have always seen that asura around since I always stop at Fort Mariner and her dialogue is full of scummy stuff (corrupt guard and the like), but didn't know her racism towards sylvari is double.

Well Asura generally have a superiority complex but she's the only one that I've heard of to be that extreme.

Retro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Retro showed me the portal that I thought I saw (I did!) it led to an awesome JP, Roxie I'll have to show it to you! Tis a lovely spot.

I like how I'm streaking in the first shot. Like "Hey, check out this gorgeous scenery" and some nekkid guy runs through.

It loses so much in still photos though, the way all the fern / grass blows in the wind is such an great effect, I wish they used it more often. Mt. Maelstrom itself is pretty as hell from end to end.

GAFractals soldier on into ever more treacherous territory, now challenging the level 40-49 difficulty range. There was a moment tonight when group morale dropped to its lowest point in weeks, but we persevered and grew that much stronger for the experience.

We leave triumphant against the most difficult of fractal bosses. Please enjoy our battle vs. Captain Mai Trin.

Awesome GAFractals today, guys. You know who you are :D

Bonus video, just for you!

BraXzy

Can I just say a HUGE thank you to our almighty leader for getting me the coolest thing ever for my birthday. Thank you Hawk <3

The sword

And also thank you to Mornkor for the tasty cupcakes :D

GAFractals soldier on into ever more treacherous territory, now challenging the level 40-49 difficulty range. There was a moment tonight when group moral dropped to its lowest point in weeks, but we persevered and grew that much stronger for the experience.

We leave triumphant against the most difficult of fractal bosses. Please enjoy our battle vs. Captain Mai Trin.

Bonus video, just for you!

I'm ashamed to admit I was the first one to call it "gg" and give up (in my defense I have a timelimit on how long I can play each day), but when the vote to leave came up the majority voted to stay, and we gave it one more shot. It was rough at the start, but somehow, it all came together.

Wow, it feels weird to see myself from another player's PoV - it's a totally different experience. I might actually learn something from this video: thanks for posting it.

Do wish we had a video of our 49 Mai Trin success, that one looks a bit more impressive. This level 40 one, well.. ouch. We panicked too much, missed so many electricity field strips...

Retro

I don't think I could pick a single track as a favorite, but I will always really love Logan's Journey. It was playing during the first Beta Weekend Event, and I was completely blown away that I was actually playing Guild Wars 2 finally. I was in Queensdale on my human Guardian, having just finished killing off some Centaurs on the Scaver Plateau and helped to clean up Altar Brook Trading Post, headed west along the road. I come up over the hill by that little watch tower and just as the landscape spreads out before me, all rolling green hills, a mirror-like stream reflecting a blue sky of whispy clouds, little farms huddled beneath towering peaks...
td2HY.jpg

Apologies for the low rez shot, I don't think I had my current PC back then.
...That song kicks in, and it sort of just hits me that there's a whole giant adventure ahead of me. Tthat was kind of the point where I knew they hype was real and everything to follow was going to be awesome. That was my first and probably one of my favorite memories of this game. More than two years ago now and this game still surprises me.

Best part of the video.

BraXzy

I like how I'm streaking in the first shot. Like "Hey, check out this gorgeous scenery" and some nekkid guy runs through.

It loses so much in still photos though, the way all the fern / grass blows in the wind is such an great effect, I wish they used it more often. Mt. Maelstrom itself is pretty as hell from end to end.

Hehe when aren't you streaking?

It really does, we should totally do a guild event at various awesome/beautiful jumping puzzle locations such as this.. especially for people like me who might not have yet been to or known about them.

I need to go to the hidden garden.

You absolutely do buddy!

I'll watch that video tomorrow but it sounds impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom