• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strolling around some places, i ran into this site. It's....fascinating how some of those dungeons are run, especially in restricted mode.

Also good for FGS hilarity, evidently.

I had only a marginal idea of how absurdly useful mesmers can be >__>
--
Oh gods *those* CM P2 portal tricks *swoon*

Thorgal

Speaking about dungeon runs i have done a few of them but i have never finished a dungeons Story mode .

The golem in Caduceus mansion wipes the floor with me every time .

Anyone wanna help latter with that ?

BraXzy

Speaking about dungeon runs i have done a few of them but i have never finished a dungeons Story mode .

The golem in Caduceus mansion wipes the floor with me every time .

Anyone wanna help latter with that ?

I'm always up for dungeons so if you see me on just ask. There's still a fair few story paths I haven't done yet myself.

Jira

We’ve made a lot of changes for Season 2. We’re continually improving our processes with each new release. The most notable being that we no longer have 4 Living World teams, each making their own content; we have 1. This has allowed us to create much more cohesive releases, and I think you’ll find that our story hangs together quite well in Season 2.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/lwd/Enough-of-your-GMPC-please/page/3#post4193277

How in the hell is this possible? How can they do this and manage 2 week updates? *Mind blown*.

Jira

Angel says in the same post:

Our team changes in size, but there are just a little over twenty people on it at any given time.

Mind blown again.....~20 people doing all of the design work for the LS is just insane to think about. Granted they have artists helping them out but seriously only 20 or so designers puts a lot of things into perspective and also pretty much nullifies all the bitching people did for Season 1.

Jira

Fort Salma waypoint is being eaten

n7RzJbU.jpg

Gap waypoint now also has a vine. Progress has been made but sadly I have to work so Retro will have to update everything. Earthworks Camp also has a vine now.

So the vines are skipping Gendarran completley and will be heading into LA. Fort Marriner and Bloodcoast Ward are both flickering now leading me to believe this is going into Bloodtide, will pass through to Sparkfly where Teq is (confirming the Ley Lines powered him) and over to Timberline. WPs in Bloodtide are also now flickering. Concordia is also now flickering in Timberline.

Retro

I kinda wanna see the storytelling complaints now.

Or are we entering some bizarro realm where LS/PS has mostly solid storytelling?

Without going back to cite examples, basically a lot of "You should do this <elaborate, expensive thing>, IT WOULD BE SO EASY! Stahp being lazy!." Lots of stuff that's next to impossible to pull off in an MMO, lots of "Well, game X did it" (SWTOR is specifically mentioned; all that game had going for it was story... oh, and $200 million). But more to the point, lots of just nasty little jabs and snide comments that I don't contribute to the overall discussion and are just intended to be hurtful. I'd hate to see how nasty the comments that are moderated out looked like.

Basically, Official Forums being Official Forums.

good to see GW2 in the top 10 <3 .

Game is dead, cancel your subscriptions, everyone.

Gap waypoint now also has a vine. Progress has been made but sadly I have to work so Retro will have to update everything.

Already on it. If folks are on and want to report what they're seeing, that would help.

Man...I can't decide between the badass karka shell back piece or the ascended ring my elementalist could use to spec up some. I was 100% ring until I saw how good the shell looked.

Are the season one items always going to be at the laurel vendor or is it limited time?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man...I can't decide between the badass karka shell back piece or the ascended ring my elementalist could use to spec up some. I was 100% ring until I saw how good the shell looked.

Are the season one items always going to be at the laurel vendor or is it limited time?
What's your goal here? You acquire those two things in very different ways!

edit: just realized you might not get what I mean. You don't want to be spending laurels on Ascended rings- amulets only. You can earn Ascended rings verrrry very easily in fractals.

Nobody really knows about how the season 1 items in the laurel vendor dealy will work, that was a surprise to everyone (and, frankly, being there at all is quite a huge concession to all the whining about temporary rewards during season 1). Assume if there's something you want on the list that it's reasonable to go after that.

What's your goal here? You acquire those two things in very different ways!

edit: just realized you might not get what I mean. You don't want to be spending laurels on Ascended rings- amulets only. You can earn Ascended rings verrrry very easily in fractals.

Nobody really knows about how the season 1 items in the laurel vendor dealy will work, that was a surprise to everyone (and, frankly, being there at all is quite a huge concession to all the whining about temporary rewards during season 1). Assume if there's something you want on the list that it's reasonable to go after that.

Cool, I think I'm going with the back piece. I have been buying my rings and amulets using laurels. I'm not the most fluid fractal player, only level 3, so I stopped doing them a long time ago. I should start back up for my ascended pieces.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cool, I think I'm going with the back piece. I have been buying my rings and amulets using laurels. I'm not the most fluid fractal player, only level 3, so I stopped doing them a long time ago. I should start back up for my ascended pieces.
What you wanna do is get to level 11. Every time you complete a run you get a Pristine Fractal Relic- 10 of which get you a ring of your choice, so by the time you get to 11 you'll actually be able to pick one. Then at level 11 and up, you have a chance to get a ring outright every time (plus you still get Pristine Relics).

Just in case you dont' know, you buy ascended accessories with guild commendations.

Also note- if you've got badges, amulets (and rings etc) are available at the WvW Laurel Vendor at a discount of 10 laurels (plus 250 badges).

I had been using commendations to get ascended gear. I need to make it back to Saturday Night Fever and get more.

Anyways, here is the back piece. I love it with this set up.

bLc0n4B.jpg

Mind blown again.....~20 people doing all of the design work for the LS is just insane to think about. Granted they have artists helping them out but seriously only 20 or so designers puts a lot of things into perspective and also pretty much nullifies all the bitching people did for Season 1.

20 people on the writing team, that is the team Angel is part of. Not the whole team, I don't know why you keep making inference without any actual information.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
20 people on the writing team, that is the team Angel is part of. Not the whole team, I don't know why you keep making inference without any actual information.

Hi, Michael,
I am just one small member on a very large team that creates the Living World content. Our team changes in size, but there are just a little over twenty people on it at any given time. This includes artists, designers, QA people, project managers, audio engineers, composers, leadership, programmers, and writers. The Living World is very much a team effort.
Are you kidding me?

Hedge

It seems the vines that grasp the waypoints has like a little blue aura at the base of the vines. It looks a bit like they're tapping the WP's for energy.

th3dude

I had been using commendations to get ascended gear. I need to make it back to Saturday Night Fever and get more.

Anyways, here is the back piece. I love it with this set up.

badass pic[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude, that's one of the coolest characters I've seen in this game. A+.

Retro and I are currently mapping the waypoints and we have a secret we'll share when we're done!

My cursory guess without looking at the locations at all...
The Waypoints that are being strangled are roughly the shape of the hexagonal map in Scarlet's Dry Top hideout.

xeris

Finished another 80 (Asura Thief). Oddly enough my spreadsheet tells me that Sylvari Warrior is up next. Coincidence?

Retro

watims2c.gif

Lionsbridge Waypoint in Gendaran Fields. If you slowly walk up towards the waypoint, you can see the "Entangled" asset load a split second before the WP itself loads.
Ash and I are going through them now and there's a surprising number of them that do this. We're not sure what it is, but it's possible we can use this loading glitch to try and figure out what locations will be hit in advance.

xeris

I gave away a couple of games over on the Steam thread but no one claimed Windforge. If any of y'all are interested, you should be able to pick it up following the directions here. If it's still not taken when you try and it doesn't work, let me know.

Katoki

So we'll finally have to start running more to experience the size of the world only to start complaining about having to run.

Katoki

Hahahaha. Not crazy regarding the inclusion of the fan service for that particular character in the game itself. I was on the wiki first though looking at weapon types. Been interested in spears since playing The Last Remnant and the thought of a staff thief.

Minamu

I just reached lvl 30 on my Mesmer, nice to finally unlock the traits window. However, I do have a question about my clones. Most of them don't seem to be doing any damage at all, why is that? They're great for distractions I suppose, but seeing most of their regular attacks doing 0 to 1 damage is a little bit disheartening :lol Am I missing an equipment window for them or something?

Ashodin

I just reached lvl 30 on my Mesmer, nice to finally unlock the traits window. However, I do have a question about my clones. Most of them don't seem to be doing any damage at all, why is that? They're great for distractions I suppose, but seeing most of their regular attacks doing 0 to 1 damage is a little bit disheartening :lol Am I missing an equipment window for them or something?

Are you using Greatsword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom