• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

I've not even touched arena or the Queen thing yet. I'm still hunting crystals with Retro.. The master crystals are masterfully hidden. The hard part is getting to them.

Some screens, not as cool or pretty as Miktars but this place looks so good.
hMYT9pV.jpg

yJFfWAd.jpg

vSfcpSb.jpg

KQW62ur.jpg

Hi, I'm trying to get back into the game after a year or so and wanted to try out playing with the gamepad. For some reason, my 360 controller is not showing up in Xpadder. I'm running 8.1 and tried Xpadder compatibility with Vista and XP with no luck. Any ideas?

Ceres

Banned
Download keeps hanging up. Got to 8mb in over 20 minutes and wouldn't go any further. Now at over 3mb and its sitting at 0kb/s

And that's just the initial launcher.

Okay, so looks like this is the Verizon Fios issue that suddenly surfaced recently (I guess since last patch was released since no issues previously to today).

Fix seems to be to setup a VPN
http://www.vpnbook.com/freevpn

Use the free PPTP setup.

Moondrop

Banned
Hi, I'm trying to get back into the game after a year or so and wanted to try out playing with the gamepad. For some reason, my 360 controller is not showing up in Xpadder. I'm running 8.1 and tried Xpadder compatibility with Vista and XP with no luck. Any ideas?

The first step is making sure you can see your controller inputs respond in real time within the Control Panel. Can you?

Once your PC recognizes the controller, the second step is to load/create a controller profile using the top-left icon within Xpadder.

The first step is making sure you can see your controller inputs respond in real time within the Control Panel. Can you?

Once your PC recognizes the controller, the second step is to load/create a controller profile using the top-left icon within Xpadder.

Yes, windows detects all controller movement, however Xpadder does not show a picture of the controller or do anything when I try to load the profile.

Teggy

Anyone getting weirdly awful download speeds from Anet today? I left my house with the client up for about 1.5 hours and the patch had not downloaded.

EDIT: hm, this looks like general FiOS issue.

Moondrop

Banned
Yes, windows detects all controller movement, however Xpadder does not show a picture of the controller or do anything when I try to load the profile.

Hmm, if nothing happens when you press that top-left button within Xpadder, then the problem is indeed Xpadder. I know sometimes my Xpadder gets messed up if my cable gets jostled, part of the window turns red and everything goes quiet. This requires a forced restart, however Xpadder is one of those programs that hides itself when you try to close it (it calls for a middle mouse button click or something silly).

Sorry I don't have any other ideas at the moment; I'll be home soon and maybe something will occur to me when I have it open. Maybe Hawkian or Weltall have experienced this?

BraXzy

How many Master Crystals has everyone got? Some of these are sooo tricky to reach. I'm on 4 at the minute and I've spotted a fifth, just trying to reach it.

Hmm, if nothing happens when you press that top-left button within Xpadder, then the problem is indeed Xpadder. I know sometimes my Xpadder gets messed up if my cable gets jostled, part of the window turns red and everything goes quiet. This requires a forced restart, however Xpadder is one of those programs that hides itself when you try to close it (it calls for a middle mouse button click or something silly).

Sorry I don't have any other ideas at the moment; I'll be home soon and maybe something will occur to me when I have it open. Maybe Hawkian or Weltall have experienced this?

I can press the button, choose open, select xbox360 Controller. Then click the middle button and then open the guild wars 2 profile. After that it seems nothing changed and nothing happens when I open the game. I tried clicking R3/back button. Am I missing something obvious?

BraXzy

There's some SNEAKY crystals around the map. There's one of the top of a thin, hugely tall rock and you have to jump up like 50 things to get to it. So far I've found one on the waterwheel, at the end of the big ship up top, above the little shacks across from the waterwheel and I forget the last couples locations. It's a bunch of fun looking though!

These movement skills are AWESOME!

Shiokazu

There's a Zephirite song?

the music you hear in the labrinthyne cliffs is the instrumental version.

but there is a sang one, the npcs there up in the top sing it.

here if you dont have the luck to spot it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTtTgoBPVWE

Zephyrite: The summer sun shone bright once more, warmed wood and cloth of home.
Zephyrite: We honored those who came before, and journeyed where they roamed.
Zephyrite: (humming)
Zephyrite: Alas, alas, we've no more peace, no ally from on high.
Zephyrite: We'll make our way to brighter day and into clearer skies.
Zephyrite: No more to tame the wind and rain, the skies to swallow whole.
Zephyrite: She flies no more in glinting beam and leaves a hollow hole.
Zephyrite: Alas, her magic strewn in sand. Alas, her soul undone.
Zephyrite: The clouds shed tears upon the land for the loss of our crystal sun.(voice says "mourning of crystal sun.")
Zephyrite: Alas, alas, how time must pass. Ancient, magical friend.
Zephyrite: So terrible, so dreadful that so treasured should so end.
Zephyrite: Alas, alas, alas, alas...
Zephyrite: Alas, and so we go...
Zephyrite: We fly on high into the sky...
Zephyrite: And cry, "Alas, alas, alas..."

Retro

Glad everyone's enjoying the Bazaar so far, I'd hate to think I had overhyped folks on this one, but I was just speaking from the heart. I LOVE the Bazaar, and when it leaves I'll be sad to see it go... But not having it there means you don't get sick of it and it doesn't just become another place people hang out in all the time or ignore. And when it comes back, you get excited about it all over again! Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Retro

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention. Steelballs Isle came back in force and pulled ahead of IoJ tonight. 515 PPT as I type this, the maps are gushing green.

BraXzy

I don't know what it is about the movement abilities but they aren't quite working right for me. I don't know if it is because of my ping or because they are a little buggy but I've fallen so many times from dodgy jumps using the stuff.

I used the third skill to make the final jump to a super tricky master crystal, it made me fly off the edge. I was so close :'(

Ceres

Banned
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention. Steelballs Isle came back in force and pulled ahead of IoJ tonight. 515 PPT as I type this, the maps are gushing green.

This is the results of 2 servers with much of their WvW population made up of PvE'rs leaving to PvE. SBI used to always have this happen before we started getting the transfers last year. We have more people who exclusively WvW still despite the last exodus.

Moondrop

Banned
I can press the button, choose open, select xbox360 Controller. Then click the middle button and then open the guild wars 2 profile. After that it seems nothing changed and nothing happens when I open the game. I tried clicking R3/back button. Am I missing something obvious?

Let's break this down one step at a time. (Before we go further let me point out that I don't use the Hawkian/Weltall package specifically, just Xpadder and AutoHotKey.)

1) After you press the top-left button and load the controller profile, you should be able to press buttons, swing the sticks, and see all of that in real time in the Xpadder window. Is this the case?

2) After you press the top-right button and load the game profile, you should now have labels on all the blank boxes, and still be able to press buttons, swing the sticks, and see all of that in real time in the Xpadder window. Is this the case?

3) If you've cleared steps 1 & 2, then the controller is transmitting your inputs to those assigned keys. Therefore you should be able to open up Notepad and type with your controller. And if you can do this, there shouldn't be any problem using the controller with GW2.

Let's break this down one step at a time. (Before we go further let me point out that I don't use the Hawkian/Weltall package specifically, just Xpadder and AutoHotKey.)

1) After you press the top-left button and load the controller profile, you should be able to press buttons, swing the sticks, and see all of that in real time in the Xpadder window. Is this the case?

2) After you press the top-right button and load the game profile, you should now have labels on all the blank boxes, and still be able to press buttons, swing the sticks, and see all of that in real time in the Xpadder window. Is this the case?

3) If you've cleared steps 1 & 2, then the controller is transmitting your inputs to those assigned keys. Therefore you should be able to open up Notepad and type with your controller. And if you can do this, there shouldn't be any problem using the controller with GW2.
No. The Xpadder window is completely empty. I think there is supposed to be a picture of the controller or something but it's a blank white box. It's detecting the controller because when I dig into the settings I can pull up that it sees a madcatz 360 controller. Thanks for trying to help me out. This is frustrating for me.

BraXzy

If all I have done in this release so far, is the mini-game events and jumping puzzles for Crystals.. what else should I be doing?

My record against Liadri, including last year's

Staff Guardian 2 : ~70 Liadri

Took me over 50 tries last year, got it down to 18 this year. Much rage.

I suck at the queen's cagematch things ;~;

any advice for a guardian?
First, buy this: Bowl_of_Orrian_Truffle_and_Meat_Stew
I didn't use it last year, but it's the reason why I beat her this year. It's great for the faster endurance regen. Costs about 17 silver for 30 min on the TP.

Basically, while spamming staff, I kited a tight circle during phase II to get out of the AoEs as quickly as I can. Dodge rolls were only for emergencies. The staff 3 AoE I used for orbs. Staff 5 to give me some distance from the adds. This fight is easiest with a scepter for a guardian, but I'm too lazy to pick up another weapon.

8 tries to get Liadri down again this year!

Berzerker or Bust on a Mesmer to guarantee enough damage output. PVT didn't cut it there.

Teggy

There was hardly a soul doing the boss blitz tonight. Going to be a pain to get those boss achievements, much less get 10 boss blitzes done.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Those male charr faces are awesome and hilarious, especially pretty cool charr and derp charr

Arcteryx

Oh man, that lifesteal Thief(really any class with lots of lifesteal will work) build is hilarious for Liadri. Just kite + weapon swap + spam #3/7/8/9/0. Glad I did that, rather than tough it out again just for the title.

BraXzy

So I just found my last Crystal in the Bazaar! I found all the Master ones before the normal ones haha. Such a good feeling to get both the achievements, even if I have got them a bit too quick! I haven't left the area since the update went up :L

Some MORE screens because this area looks TOO good!

Vdgt5cX.jpg

I did a mega jump to try and get to a crystal in the middle of nowhere...

On my way to a Master Crystal, 20 people popped through a Mesmer portal out of nowhere and I nearly fell off :L

My final crystal

8JnO0nR.jpg

Overall I'm having a tonne of fun and I'm only just done with the exploring of the Bazaar!

Moondrop

Banned
No. The Xpadder window is completely empty. I think there is supposed to be a picture of the controller or something but it's a blank white box. It's detecting the controller because when I dig into the settings I can pull up that it sees a madcatz 360 controller. Thanks for trying to help me out. This is frustrating for me.

Yeah, when you load the controller profile, the big box fills with little boxes representing all the buttons. If you can't load one, I would try creating one under 'Settings'. If it won't let you do that, I must assume your software is faulty. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom