• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How is the Necromancer? Or Elementalist? I'm a little disappointed about the Ranger's long range abilities.

Game finished downloading overnight. Pretty excited to get home from work.

Question is, Engineer or Ranger? Ugh.

Engineer, the game discriminate against Rangers, a lot of ignorant players think they suck, if you plan to play with the guild only then you are fine, but pugs will kick you for no reason because you are a ranger..currently this game has class and gear discrimination for dungeons, the end game/level 80 cunts think they are better than everyone else because they run around in zerker gear.

Jira

Engineer, the game discriminate against Rangers, a lot of ignorant players think they suck, if you plan to play with the guild only then you are fine, but pugs will kick you for no reason because you are a ranger..currently this game has class and gear discrimination for dungeons, the end game/level 80 cunts think they are better than everyone else because they run around in zerker gear.

Simple solution is to not play with them and that's very easy to do since you can make your own group in the LFG and have a full group in 30 sec.

Complistic

This isnt a valid reason not to pick ranger. At all.

Thanks for the replies. Whether I play with the guild or not just depends how bad the lag feels for me playing on US servers from Australia. If I can't deal with it I will play on an Oceanic server and just be in the guild for social purposes.

Not to bring up another MMO but I had to bail on Wildstar due to the lag, telegraph and dodge system didn't work too well with 350+ms.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They do have sparkly blue trails, which are cool.
Whoaaa interesting.
Game finished downloading overnight. Pretty excited to get home from work.

Question is, Engineer or Ranger? Ugh.
How is the Necromancer? Or Elementalist? I'm a little disappointed about the Ranger's long range abilities.
Engineer and Elementalist are very very active, complex classes that take a lot of getting used to and mastery to be really effective. But Elementalist definitely won't leave you hanging for long range ability. Necro and Ranger are some of the classes I know least about still, but I've had fun with both leveling so far.
um, just, don't let anything in this post whatsoever influence your decision. outside of the guild which is very active and runs lots of dungeon content, I run open groups frequently with people of all classes/gear/level whatever. The elitist groups are wholly avoidable.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ive been swamped with work recently but I've managed to sneak some time in and complete the first two episodes of Season 2.

I can't believe how impressive this is. Holy heck.

And Chicknado.

This is beyond brilliant.

And since I figured why not: say hello to my level 80 Necromancer, Mkima Brokenclaw. I got him to 80 just before the thief today, but I've no idea what to do with him, so I kind of mish-mashed the armours and such. So the stats are truely all over the place, but I don't really care - doubt I'll play him much. But I like how he turned out:

qQVEfui.jpg

oF4Pmme.jpg

FCe0ab3.jpg

BraXzy

Wowwww! That was so damn close. So since lagg was out in full force at reset time, Harlowe and co. manually started Teq at half past. Things felt kinda sluggish during the entire fight and I was worried about a DC. Well come to the very end of the fight, as Teq is on the brink and everybody lags and dies and it is a massacre.
Somehow Teq was killed anyway and I got my UI chests before the game DC'd entirely. That was damn CLOSE!

Is it true that if I am level 30 and a friend starts to play, I can go quest/explore with him at say Level 10 and I still get xp at my Level 30 rate, just with adjusted stats and gear?

BraXzy

Is it true that if I am level 30 and a friend starts to play, I can go quest/explore with him at say Level 10 and I still get xp at my Level 30 rate, just with adjusted stats and gear?

Yup! Your gear won't be adjusted, just your level. You'll keep all your skills and all of your gear. So say your friend is in a level 12 zone, you will just be level 12 whilst you are in there :)

There is never a reason to not play with a friend, no matter the level disparity between you and them. You can be level 80, and go play with your level 1 friend, and still have fun, get appropriate rewards, clear zones, and they'll benefit from the help. But since you'll be downscaled to the zone, you won't simply kill everything before they can.

As for cyberattacks, wanna see something mesmerising?

http://map.ipviking.com/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll give you the most extreme examples in my mind... I recently ran a dungeon with a PUG who was level 78, about to be 79, when we started... and hit 80 on completing it. It was a level 35 dungeon.

On my first character, I leveled from 75-79 in a 1-15 zone, just for the hell of it.

BraXzy

There is never a reason to not play with a friend, no matter the level disparity between you and them. You can be level 80, and go play with your level 1 friend, and still have fun, get appropriate rewards, clear zones, and they'll benefit from the help. But since you'll be downscaled to the zone, you won't simply kill everything before they can.

Holy crap..

I just watched it for a little bit, there was a little ping here and there and then all of a sudden BOOM a million shots all fired at the same time to the same spot. I guess that was a DDoS attack?

Lol it seems like France is the main place attacks originate from, whilst the USA is where people be firin' their laz0rz.

I'm using dagger/horn and staff, but I'm not sure if my stats are "okay" for a general PvE Necro. I *feel* pretty potent, do big numbers to huge amounts of mobs. Kind of like a tank.

Xfonyw3.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

That's interesting.

sxT8C0a.jpg

Looks like the USA are under attack by meteors or lasers from space. lol

Levyne

Banned
Well, I gave it a good try, would rather play something else then keep hoping each lag attack is the last.

I know it's not anet's fault, just frustrating. Only a game, trying not to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Ashodin

That is very likely "Bubbles" the sea elder dragon.

Nah it was a datamined enemy from a long time ago that was never put in the game, but most likely might later if we deal with Bubbles.

3ez4TvH.jpg

also be glad we never got these abominations

aTpmATc.jpg

omg kawaii desu

Light armor never put into the game
lHtCvz4.jpg

And of course this asshole is in the game
S7rEdYv.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sadly the lag is too great, I can't spend more than a few minutes on something like this. :( Maybe it will clear up a bit before bed, but oh well :(

People suck!
I'm using dagger/horn and staff, but I'm not sure if my stats are "okay" for a general PvE Necro. I *feel* pretty potent, do big numbers to huge amounts of mobs. Kind of like a tank.

Xfonyw3.jpg
I'm no expert at all but I think you don't want staff unless you're focusing on condition damage?

Sadly the lag is too great, I can't spend more than a few minutes on something like this. :( Maybe it will clear up a bit before bed, but oh well :(

People suck!

I'm no expert at all but I think you don't want staff unless you're focusing on condition damage?

Staff has some bleed and poison, but it's mostly for non-damage conditions. Scepter is where you really need to bump up conditions with major bleed stacks and poison on the autoattack. The torment from DS5 works nicely with it as does the Terror trait (Fear deals damage).

People suck!

I like using the staff, its autoattack range is nice, I like the marks (and my traits buff damage to marks).

BraXzy

I would have been hours ago if I played this.

I mainly posted it to give you a lil game to play haha!

I think I'm done for the night.. as fun as it is repeatedly trying to log in, eventually succeeding only to be a strange ghost unable to interact with anything.

Shame I can't make my Asura yet. Gimme name suggestions for when I wake up guys! I'm thinking an Asuran Elementalist, probably with Braxzy in the name.

Retro

Yup! Your gear won't be adjusted, just your level. You'll keep all your skills and all of your gear. So say your friend is in a level 12 zone, you will just be level 12 whilst you are in there :)

Gear scales down too, man. =)

Shame I can't make my Asura yet. Gimme name suggestions for when I wake up guys! I'm thinking an Asuran Elementalist, probably with Braxzy in the name.

"Breezy _________", then you can go air attunement all day.

BraXzy

Gear scales down too, man. =)

"Breezy _________", then you can go air attunement all day.

Derp I stand corrected. I thought that was just an advantage level 80's got. I suppose it wouldn't make sense in a level 1 zone.

Haha Retro you know what.. I might just have to do that :O

Now if I go with that.. what is the _____ ? Asurans naming convention goes along the lines of your krewe or your occupation right?

Should have made a Charr Ele named Barax Charredbama. Triple pun ahoy!

Lmao! I don't think anyone could handle a triple pun name

BraXzy

Ya know funnily enough, when I actually managed to get on before (between failing disconnecting dungeon runs >.>) I thought to myself.. I hope Retro comes on because when all else fails he gives good advice when I'm picking something :D

Retro

Haha Retro you know what.. I might just have to do that :O

Now if I go with that.. what is the _____ ? Asurans naming convention goes along the lines of your krewe or your occupation right?

I have been informed by Mrs. Retor that "Breezy" is both a derogatory term for women and a nickname for Chris Brown. Not sure which is worse there. Anyways, if you'd rather avoid that little nickname I've given you, that's fine.

As for their names;
An asura's name often consists of a short, sharp first name with one or two syllables. Feminine asura names typically end in -i or -a vowel sounds, but are not required to do so. Masculine names often end in a consonant sound. Both male and female Asuras often have two of the same letter in a row somewhere in their name, this being a cultural norm, but it is certainly not required. Asura do not have a last name, instead opting to use job titles, a krewe name, or honorifics to differentiate themselves. Those who choose to take a last name of a style similar to humans are rare and are considered eccentrics, and their surname is often ignored by other asura.

hey hey I can attest to the fact that she's not, and calling her such can often get very repetitive and annoying.

You're repetitive and annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom