• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

I want an Arah path 5 where you go in, fight Lupi, get paid a pittance and that's it - no tokens. Or a Lupi fractal. Or for Lupi to do an AC troll and bust out of a wall at any time you're in a 5-person instance, anywhere. Playable Lupi in expansion. Juvenile Lupi for Rangers.
I just want to fight him more without having to do the rest of Arah.

BraXzy

Do we know how long the Ley Line skins are going to be at 1 ticket for? I still haven't decided on one but don't want to leave it too late.

Anno

Do we know how long the Ley Line skins are going to be at 1 ticket for? I still haven't decided on one but don't want to leave it too late.

Until next update at the least I would think. They usually do a good job of saying explicitly when it will end.

S87jSfJ.jpg

Zeroth

So, I decided to write down a number of changes I would do on Fractals based on what I've seen doing GAFractals and the occasional PUG for most level ranges. I'm by no means an expert, but I feel these changes would help the more casual folk (or even those do who runs frequently):

Cliffside Fractal:

* Move it from being Tier 2-3 to being Tier 3 only. (It is the longest fractal in the game, and getting it on tier 2 basically makes your entire run a pain. It also incentives people to just roll tier 1 fractals at tier 1 since rolling a tier 2 fractal as your first fractal only makes cliffside more likely to happen)
* Tweak the arm seals. As it is, the way mobs spawn in ever increasing numbers solely works to increase frustration over making things more difficult. I have no idea how to adapt this bit, but I'm sure the geniuses behind the Dredge update know what to do. (The arms are, by far, the bit where there's more room for error and frustration. It requires everyone to know exactly what to do, and one mistake can cost hours).
* Make the final boss do the seal hitting thing on 66%, 33% and 0% over every 25%, to reduce the length of the battle. (We noticed that the final stretch at 25% is where people die the most, and our play gets sloppier. We can attribute that to how long the fight is, and how it's just more of the same all the time despite the ability changes of the boss).

Thaumanova Reactor:

* Make the shields for the laser room reset their positions when its wielder is killed. (dying inside the laser room with a shield means one less shield, and although I don't have problems with it, I've seen PUGs struggle with having one or more shield sitting in a laser's path)

Uncategorized Fractal:

* The asura boss should have another ability to alternate between the agony shots to make reflects less obligatory for this fight. (Although many classes have reflects and as a Guardian our GAFractals never really run out of it, the fight is insanely harder without a way to stop the boss' attacks)

Molten Furnace:

* Place this fractal on the tier 1 bracket. (It's an easy fractal and although it's not as short as a tier 1, it's not as frustrating. Furthermore, the fact it offers unique loot could help making it be more used instead of the other typical tier 1 rolls).

Again, I'm by not an expert on fractals and I'm sure someone from DnT would laugh at these changes, but I feel they would make the experience more pleasant for the typical PUGs and the more casual runs. If anyone has any suggestion or criticism, fire em up!

Oh, right, I should write on my thoughts for the fractal reward system being tweaked another day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, I decided to write down a number of changes I would do on Fractals based on what I've seen doing GAFractals and the occasional PUG for most level ranges. I'm by no means an expert, but I feel these changes would help the more casual folk (or even those do who runs frequently):

Cliffside Fractal:

* Move it from being Tier 2-3 to being Tier 3 only. (It is the longest fractal in the game, and getting it on tier 2 basically makes your entire run a pain. It also incentives people to just roll tier 1 fractals at tier 1 since rolling a tier 2 fractal as your first fractal only makes cliffside more likely to happen)
* Tweak the arm seals. As it is, the way mobs spawn in ever increasing numbers solely works to increase frustration over making things more difficult. I have no idea how to adapt this bit, but I'm sure the geniuses behind the Dredge update know what to do. (The arms are, by far, the bit where there's more room for error and frustration. It requires everyone to know exactly what to do, and one mistake can cost hours).
* Make the final boss do the seal hitting thing on 66%, 33% and 0% over every 25%, to reduce the length of the battle. (We noticed that the final stretch at 25% is where people die the most, and our play gets sloppier. We can attribute that to how long the fight is, and how it's just more of the same all the time despite the ability changes of the boss).

Thaumanova Reactor:

* Make the shields for the laser room reset their positions when its wielder is killed. (dying inside the laser room with a shield means one less shield, and although I don't have problems with it, I've seen PUGs struggle with having one or more shield sitting in a laser's path)

Uncategorized Fractal:

* The asura boss should have another ability to alternate between the agony shots to make reflects less obligatory for this fight. (Although many classes have reflects and as a Guardian our GAFractals never really run out of it, the fight is insanely harder without a way to stop the boss' attacks)

Molten Furnace:

* Place this fractal on the tier 1 bracket. (It's an easy fractal and although it's not as short as a tier 1, it's not as frustrating. Furthermore, the fact it offers unique loot could help making it be more used instead of the other typical tier 1 rolls).

Again, I'm by not an expert on fractals and I'm sure someone from DnT would laugh at these changes, but I feel they would make the experience more pleasant for the typical PUGs and the more casual runs. If anyone has any suggestion or criticism, fire em up!

Oh, right, I should write on my thoughts for the fractal reward system being tweaked another day.
These are tasty changes :) Is Cliffside really longer than Thaumanova and Dredge?

The number of chanters spawned at each arm should just reset each time you actually hit the seal, maybe?

edit: Lomp XD

Levyne

Banned
Dredge is dramatically shorter now with changes to the doors and the midboss champ. Cliffside still doesn't feel too long to me, but it is a weird feeling of knowing that you're a bad cleave or mis-behaved pet away from fucking over the entire thing if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

Hellers

That's my third character to 80 now giving me a guardian, ranger and elementalist. I gave my engineer another try but I'm still not feeling it so I've switched to my thief currently at 31 who I'm quite enjoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dredge is dramatically shorter now with changes to the doors and the midboss champ. Cliffside still doesn't feel too long to me, but it is a weird feeling of knowing that you're a bad cleave or mis-behaved pet away from fucking over the entire thing if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
I've still only done Dredge twice since the changes. it is immeasurably better though. I like Cliffside, I guess it doesn't feel its lengfth :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's my third character to 80 now giving me a guardian, ranger and elementalist. I gave my engineer another try but I'm still not feeling it so I've switched to my thief currently at 31 who I'm quite enjoying.
well yes that is because thief is the best class

BraXzy

Ugh :(

Just put new wheels on my car and they are slightly too big. I gave it a quick test run down the road and instantly smelt burning rubber. Gonna get some smaller tyre's and hope that does the trick.

Wait.. has Kos left us for Destiny beta since it is out?

Retro

Mumble and GAFGuild.com are both down at the moment. GAFGuild appears to be another spammer-related fluke, not sure on mumble since the host is reporting its status as running and none of my tools can fix it. Might be DDOS, but that usually returns an "Unknown" status instead of "Running".

Anyways, we're on it, should have it up ASAP.

Ashodin

Mumble and GAFGuild.com are both down at the moment. GAFGuild appears to be another spammer-related fluke, not sure on mumble since the host is reporting its status as running and none of my tools can fix it. Might be DDOS, but that usually returns an "Unknown" status instead of "Running".

Anyways, we're on it, should have it up ASAP.

Well that's just plain annoying

Ugh :(

Just put new wheels on my car and they are slightly too big. I gave it a quick test run down the road and instantly smelt burning rubber. Gonna get some smaller tyre's and hope that does the trick.

Wait.. has Kos left us for Destiny beta since it is out?

Yeah GW2 is dead pretty much so gonna only play Destiny now.

Retro

Well that's just plain annoying

Webhost is changing soon, they've been suspending our account for BS reasons recently and this bandwidth limit thing is complete garbage.

Mumble, because we did a donation drive, we're paid up until the end of the year. They're one of the largest hosts so it might be traffic related, DDoS-related (larger hosts are bigger targets) or it might just be we're a small enough customer to slip through the cracks repeatedly. Regardless, Ferny has been looking at new hosts for as soon as we're done with them.

You and Ash have both played it right.. how is it? How does it feel compared to their past work?

The only real issue I have are related to social interactions. Voice chat really needs a push to chat function, keyboard chat needs to be a thing, and you should be able to more easily find and play with guild\clan mates.

Otherwise, very happy with it so far.

You and Ash have both played it right.. how is it? How does it feel compared to their past work?
I only played Halo 1 once never played any other Bungie game, but Destiny is cool because it has that Guild Wars 2 exploration aspect and tons of loot for customizing your character. Also like that it's not about twitch shooting and it's about your armor and weapon stats.

Ashodin

I only played Halo 1 once never played any other Bungie game, but Destiny is cool because it has that Guild Wars 2 exploration aspect and tons of loot for customizing your character. Also like that it's not about twitch shooting and it's about your armor and weapon stats.

you very much can get headshots sir with precision shooting

you very much can get headshots sir with precision shooting
True but it's more like a crit hit in GW2 then an actual headshot. Headshot work on regular mobs but on harder ones it's just a crit.

Character creation in the beta is seriously lacking. 6-7 preset faces and no sliders for facial features at all just eye, lip and hair colour.

GW2 is still my main, Destiny might just be something I play between GW2 seasons.

Trey

Very twitch shooty and stats is not a positive in shooters.

Probably the most polished twitch shooter on the mainstream/console market. Very well put together.

Ashodin

32O46Yd.gif

SPECULATION!
time

I think the Pale Tree won't tell us the whole truth when we talk to her.

Also this is intriguing

Scarlet making Twisted Marionette is a cry for help rather than attack. She was letting us know she was being manipulated and being a puppet.

Also wat

Elder Scrolls has over 770k subscribers

I disbelieve

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Destiny is amazing and awesome and spectacular and Halo-ish.

That Golden Gun ability for Hunters is some bulllllllllshit in the Crucible.

Also ESO probably stopped by the local cemetaries for some subscription padding.

Thorgal

Cliffside Fractal:

Thaumanova Reactor:

Uncategorized Fractal:

Molten Furnace:

Isn't more people dying at the last 25 % simply because they get overconfident?

Like they see the lifebar and go "we got this" and let their guard down.

If Dark souls has learned me anything it is to never take a boss for granted no matter how low it's health may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom