• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Hope you didn't all miss me last night, I went off way earlier than usual. It felt odd.

We doing anything super duper in Dry Top before/after guild missions tonight?!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hope you didn't all miss me last night, I went off way earlier than usual. It felt odd.

We doing anything super duper in Dry Top before/after guild missions tonight?!
My nose is completely stuffed up so I just kept doing dungeons from bed until I was barely conscious. don't think I've really got the energy to lead a dry top event or talk much on mumble, so I hope somebody else can take point tonight! but informally, sure, I'll be running around dry top for the hour before missions
Sent to your pm.

Guild missions/events cancelled because I'm not able to attend.
thank you! let's see how ps3 handles this sucka

Thorgal

My nose is completely stuffed up so I just kept doing dungeons from bed until I was barely conscious. don't think I've really got the energy to lead a dry top event or talk much on mumble, so I hope somebody else can take point tonight! but informally, sure, I'll be running around dry top for the hour before missions

Do you still need to do the story ?

I can join before missions .

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I thought it was the most interesting thing to happen in the game so far! And I'm really glad Taimi was okay. :p I am really curious if there are connections being made to the Realm of Torment, to the human gods in general, or just to the dragons. Mordremoth seems like he has a little more of a plan than Zhaitan ever did! I also really like the centaur tribe we've encountered in this release and want to know more about them.

BraXzy

Oh that sucks. Hayfever? Or a cold?

I might try and organise something if nothing specific is happening.. but I'm not the best when it comes to organising so it'll probably fall apart.

Your several hours of absence were widely debated.

This is a joke, right? :p

Just jumped back in and played the new episode.

The story is actually interesting. I kind of like Not Destiny's Edge. At least they do more than just whine and angst to each other all the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
thanks for the key kos, Destiny is fun for sure, though i don't know what you was talking about about, I played the first mission on hard at level 2 (it suggests level 5) and was able to compensate purely with my halo instincts and succeed for gobs of xp. love that kind of stuff. i must say it feels more like a demo than a beta so far, everything drips with bungie polish and gloss, tons of voice acting, seemingly finished presentation, and i haven't seen any bugs. I don't exactly "get" the multiplayer yet, like what it means when you sort of run into someone "out in the wild," but I'll get it.

can't really recommend PS3 version though. on my big screen it is just absolutely crawling with jaggies from the low resolution and seemingly complete lack of aa. time to start thinking about a ps4 i suppose
Just jumped back in and played the new episode.

The story is actually interesting. I kind of like Not Destiny's Edge. At least they do more than just whine and angst to each other all the time.
no comparison I say<3

think it's just a sore throat braxzy, i have a small fever. just feeling kinda crappy all around, in and out of bed all day.

glad you can make it tonight levito.

gonna try and nap now and then come on at 8 and run around dry top, but don't think i'm going to be up to talking on mumble

ash and/or retro are you guys available to take point tongiht?

thanks for the key kos, Destiny is fun for sure, though i don't know what you was talking about about, I played the first mission on hard at level 2 (it suggests level 5) and was able to compensate purely with my halo instincts and succeed for gobs of xp. love that kind of stuff. i must say it feels more like a demo than a beta so far, everything drips with bungie polish and gloss, tons of voice acting, seemingly finished presentation, and i haven't seen any bugs. I don't exactly "get" the multiplayer yet, like what it means when you sort of run into someone "out in the wild," but I'll get it.

can't really recommend PS3 version though. on my big screen it is just absolutely crawling with jaggies from the low resolution and seemingly complete lack of aa. time to start thinking about a ps4 i suppose

no comparison I say<3

think it's just a sore throat braxzy, i have a small fever. just feeling kinda crappy all around, in and out of bed all day.

glad you can make it tonight levito.

gonna try and nap now and then come on at 8 and run around dry top, but don't think i'm going to be up to talking on mumble

ash and/or retro are you guys available to take point tongiht?
That was just my impression as a person who rarely plays FPS games. I guess said that I was kind releaved that I don't need to be a good twitch shooter player to be able to play destiny.

Meeting people in destiny is kinda like gw2 where you just end up helping each other by both doing the events active at that time.

Need to play more once in back from cottage to see how beta is compare to alpha.

It's supposed to be like frontier-ish in feeling. You're out there doing what you do as a Guardian, taking down bad guys and occasionally you come across other Guardians doing what they do. Maybe they're out exploring or perhaps on their way to do a mission.. you can help out for a bit and then be on your individual ways. In that way it is somewhat similar to GW2 but the numbers are kept much smaller to maintain the feeling that there's very few Guardians left and you're fighting against the odds to gain ground against much larger forces.

Shiokazu

Bs76QdVIgAAGywr.png

yeah!

BraXzy

Wow, Destiny PvP is almost as bad as CoD.

Oh god really?

I really don't understand how they are gonna work it with everyone having their own gear in there. It seems like such a drastic direction from their on map balanced Halo multiplayer.

Anyone else just lagg and DC?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Oh god really?

I really don't understand how they are gonna work it with everyone having their own gear in there. It seems like such a drastic direction from their on map balanced Halo multiplayer.

Yep. It's more of a twitch shooter than a Halo/arena style shooter in my mind. Weapons do crazy/unpredictable damage, and there's plenty of skills and weapons that do one hit kills.

Maybe others, (ones that good at twitch shooters), enjoy it more.

The PvE is fun though.

Ashodin

Oh god really?

exqueeze me? The PVP maps are normalized damage except for Iron Banner, which is for Gearwhores.

Granadier

exqueeze me? The PVP maps are normalized damage except for Iron Banner, which is for Gearwhores.

Normalized damage, but the Hunter class still gets a super that gives them three 1-shot kill rounds.

Warlock super has a ranged blast for 1-shot kills.

Titans have close up 1-shot super, yet they can still be hit and easily die before the blast goes off.

Granadier

Oh? I haven't read into it but someone mentioned that you took your gear with you. So it just means cosmetics.. kinda like sPVP in GW2?

Sort of. You get to choose what weapons you want to use, and you can bring all types with you if you want.

So mid game you could go from a Scout Rifle to an Auto Rifle really easily. Or switch from a shotgun to a sniper, or rocket launcher to machine gun. They aren't map drops.

Switching special or heavy weapons drops your ammo for those weapons back to 0 though, and you have to find more on map.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wow, Destiny PvP is almost as bad as CoD.
is it dumb of me to be totally shocked the game has ADS? I feel so out of the loop.

I read up on how works cause I'd heard the same thing about gear in pvp, and apparently it's that all damage and armor is normalized, but mods (like faster reloading, clip doze, whatever) remain from the gear you bring in. I dunno how this applies to whatever mode ash mentioned though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
great missions, congrats to all our lotto winners, thanks for bearing with me despite my illness, still 39 on as of my logging out for the night, game is dead, etc

Thorgal

I almost did an all nighther because:

GAFerdark is hilarious .

and because it was so hot i couldn't sleep anyway.

totaly worth it,

BraXzy

I almost did an all nighther because:

GAFerdark is hilarious .

and because it was so hot i couldn't sleep anyway.

totaly worth it,

I saw the eyebrow raising 'piggy' bank amongst other things haha!

I just nearly got run off the road by a stupid BMW driver.. wahoo!

Moondrop

Banned
Observations from an all-nighter grinding Dry Top:

Anet really has put a lot of thought since release into breaking up zergs with event design. Very rewarding feeling to watch a map pull together and improve itself to hit T5.

Ranger greatsword is pretty awesome. The #4 animation, including the activated block sequence, is stellar; on the other hand the #1 kind of looks like I'm slapping on foes with the flat of the blade.

I'm pretty sure Sic 'Em acts as a stunbreak on your pet. You can see it during the mass AoE fears by various Dry Top foes.

When Anet gets around to adding new pets, one should have AoE swiftness as an F2 skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom