• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I logged in last night for the first time in a bit. I saw the living story updates (I now have 2 to do) and promptly went into WvW, I forgot how fun that was.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wasnt trying to make a big deal, was just saying i thought it would be more chatty but like i said probs everyone busy :p

This made me laugh:http://guildwars2.tumblr.com/#/post/92727221312/tabratheblue-as-expected-the-official-guild

dXD3Zy2.png

tumblr_n90zqgFdMO1tgchz0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n90zqgFdMO1tgchz0o2_1280.png

tumblr_n90zqgFdMO1tgchz0o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n90zqgFdMO1tgchz0o4_1280.jpg

Levyne

Banned
And this. This made me laugh:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/2b7f876e3e83dc6efd6069777d856a32/tumblr_n90ye5q3I71tgchz0o5_1280.jpg[IMG]

Via: [url]http://tabratheblue.tumblr.com/post/92352922873/this-is-what-happens-when-an-over-zealous[/url][/QUOTE]

Love this (I instantly recognized the inspiration, hehe)

Icomp

So, I'm currently looking into buying some gems for a server transfer. 2800 gems seems the most interesting. Question is, what is the most valuable thing I can trade the 1000 gems I get over from the transfer on? Maybe just I should just trade it for gold?

Retro

So, I'm currently looking into buying some gems for a server transfer. 2800 gems seems the most interesting. Question is, what is the most valuable thing I can trade the 1000 gems I get over from the transfer on? Maybe just I should just trade it for gold?

I'd wait until Tuesday; they usually add new items to the gem store with each update and there might be something you really like. If nothing tickles your fancy and you aren't sold on stuff like permanent harvesting tools / armor skins / whatever, then yeah, gold isn't a bad way to go.

Personally I just save my gems until I see something I like, I've never really been hard up for gold in this game. Hitting a few world events, a nightly dungeon run, that sort of thing adds up fast.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For a sec. I thought you're making your dog cosplay a charr because the wheel looks like horn/antler/tusk.

hahahah her idea not mine.

edit: Lump, the forced AA looks great and performance is wonderful, but during cutscenes and a couple othen things, I get like a 1px thick bright green border, or a blue one, around the edge. Seen anything like it?

Retro

My only complaint with "Everyone knows what to do and does it without saying a word" runs is that one of the reasons I play MMOs is the social element; interacting with other players is kind of the draw for the genre. So when people just silently do content methodically, I feel like I'm just playing with NPCs. That was one of my big complaints with WoW post-LFG: you just click a button and the game does the rest and no one says a word unless you're not going fast enough.

So while there's a certain degree of badassery to five strangers working together like a group of old friends, actual friends would chat. That's why I like GAF runs; people talk, quip, joke around a bit. The tone is relaxed and everyone has fun. Five guys being all professional is a little too cold for my tastes, but that's just me.

My only complaint with "Everyone knows what to do and does it without saying a word" runs is that one of the reasons I play MMOs is the social element; interacting with other players is kind of the draw for the genre. So when people just silently do content methodically, I feel like I'm just playing with NPCs. That was one of my big complaints with WoW post-LFG: you just click a button and the game does the rest and no one says a word unless you're not going fast enough.

So while there's a certain degree of badassery to five strangers working together like a group of old friends, actual friends would chat. That's why I like GAF runs; people talk, quip, joke around a bit. The tone is relaxed and everyone has fun. Five guys being all professional is a little too cold for my tastes, but that's just me.

Yeah, the social aspect is really important to me also. I'm just starting out with dungeons and because it's all new to me I'd much rather play with you all since I can talk comfortably with you and a lot of you would be more patient and forgive mistakes I'll make.

My only complaint with "Everyone knows what to do and does it without saying a word" runs

They're great once in a while, of course. But I don't think anyone here was advocating "wouldn't it be great if that's what ALL runs were". Only that, when you pug, and such a nice run happens (without stacking), it's a really great zone.

Meanwhile, check out this rather impressive cosplay: http://dreamsofthemist.tumblr.com/post/90493063630/kamuicosplay-norn-costume-progress-and-the#notes

tumblr_n81th2ifX51rqpi1ho5_500.jpg

Based on:

tumblr_n81th2ifX51rqpi1ho1_500.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Random shots. Sorry that they aren't as good as Thorgals or Miktars
I haven't done the Steam Ogre is so long!

Speaking of Ogres, hot damn... Ogre Wars in even longer. Gotta get that going.
They're great once in a while, of course. But I don't think anyone here was advocating "wouldn't it be great if that's what ALL runs were". Only that, when you pug, and such a nice run happens (without stacking), it's a really great zone.
I actually feel that every once in a while, when everyone in a party is just really individually skilled and it shows.

Retro

Yeah, the social aspect is really important to me also. I'm just starting out with dungeons and because it's all new to me I'd much rather play with you all since I can talk comfortably with you and a lot of you would be more patient and forgive mistakes I'll make.

This is a problem too, and not just for dogs (sorry, couldn't resist). It's cool when 5 guys all know the same strategy and just execute it flawlessly, but I've also been in groups where one PUG stands in one corner (because that's the strategy he knows) and somebody else pulls to another corner (because that's the strategy he knows) and two guys are just ready to do the fight 'straight' because they're not into cheesy / exploit-y tactics like stacking and whatnot.

Meanwhile there's a new guy who's never done the content before who's so afraid to ask what he needs to do for fear of being called a newb or getting vote-kicked. And then because he has no idea what to do, inevitably something does go wrong, they call him a newb and vote-kick him anyways. That's the kind of thing that can make someone swear off dungeons or quit the game entirely, and that's incredibly unfortunate.

Talking in group makes people more likely to talk back and sets a relaxed tone, and folks are more likely to speak up and say when they don't know something or aren't comfortable with a given strategy. And you honestly meet some really cool people that way.

Oh, I didn't think anyone was advocating for all runs to be ultra-efficient silent runs. I'm just saying that I personally would rather run a dungeon with chatty folks for a half hour than have some cold, professional run in 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom