• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
Midnight fire is dark as hell, looks almost black. Thorgal introduced me to Enameled Sacrifice which I've been fawning over for the last 10 minutes.
At first it was great when I filled out my roster of all the dyes initially released. Unfortunately this now makes buying the limited release dyes seem like a legitimate endgame goal. This is the screenshot thread for Fashion Wars 2, right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's an interesting way to do it. Tbh I only had a quick look in the wardrobe but next time I have a look I'll try this, thanks :)
Don't forget about the Argos Soft galleries to see full sets for inspiration.
Midnight fire is dark as hell, looks almost black. Thorgal introduced me to Enameled Sacrifice which I've been fawning over for the last 10 minutes.
How does midnight rose look? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Moondrop

Banned
How does midnight rose look? I don't think I've ever seen it.
You didn't know, but I used to wear it all the time on the leather components of my "classic costume." I can't recommend the Midnight line of dyes highly enough for any cloth/leather armor elements.

BraXzy

Don't forget about the Argos Soft galleries to see full sets for inspiration.

Argos it, you say?

argos-catalogue.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Speaking of looking at the galleries, I'm finally fleshing out my three elementalist builds, and I've decided my existing armor look is the one I'm gonna be covering up with the Sentai Ninja outfit (or whatever it's called), so I need to come up with two whole new looks.

Icerender will have accents of light blue in all three sets so if anyone has any suggestions of armor pieces that would look good with that or dyes (that do not start with Deep Glacial -_-), let me know. I'm thinking a partial Zodiac set would actually fit, with that plus the ninja suit... might be time to go spend my birthday Best Buy card on some gems :>

Levito

Banned
Man, seeing everyone's characters in this thread reminds me how good the armor looking in this game, especially coupled with the fact that you can dye everything and personalize it(AND swap skins). Everyone looks distinct, whereas in most other MMOs everyone rocking the best gear looks the same. (EG: in WoW everyone's wearing raiding sets)

Anyway here's my Guardian, which I've posted before. Don't have a screen of my Mesmer on imgur.

BpEq6KhCMAMTsfX.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crap, I wanted to lead a Dry Top event before the patch but forgot to schedule it. Sorry for the short notice but will be aiming to try for T5 on Sunday, after Makeup missions.

Moondrop

Banned
Icerender will have accents of light blue in all three sets so if anyone has any suggestions of armor pieces that would look good with that or dyes (that do not start with Deep Glacial -_-), let me know.
Off the top of my head, I would grab Blue Shade and Blue Tint for the metal components and Winter Ice (and I think there's another with a similar name) for cloth/leather. Light blue is a difficult color; I find the River/Stream series too bright.

Lunar15

Man, seeing everyone's characters in this thread reminds me how good the armor looking in this game, especially coupled with the fact that you can dye everything and personalize it(AND swap skins). Everyone looks distinct, whereas in most other MMOs everyone rocking the best gear looks the same. (EG: in WoW everyone's wearing raiding sets)

Anyway here's my Guardian, which I've posted before. Don't have a screen of my Mesmer on imgur.

Yeah, I really like the armor/dye system in this game. It's extremely customizeable, even if I do wish there was a bit more diversity in some of the armor designs (particularly for female characters)

Plus, the new wardrobe system is great. It made it so much easier to give my guardian armor from both the whispers and the vigil.

They keep knocking it out of the park with hairstyles though. Keep it up!

Zeroth

One of the things I talk to Ike regarding GAFractals is how I love that, when we run with the same people with some frequency, we "get" each other. I can feel that quite clearly comparing PUGs to GAFractals, and it's one of the reasons I love doing this content with gaffers. That said, I dread the idea of running a silent fractal, for it's a content I enjoy doing for the people involved (thankfully Levyne is there for us ;) ). I imagine a CoF PUG would want to run things silently and efficiently because that's what people want out of a PUGed CoF, but I can't paint fractals the same way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Off the top of my head, I would grab Blue Shade and Blue Tint for the metal components and Winter Ice (and I think there's another with a similar name) for cloth/leather. Light blue is a difficult color; I find the River/Stream series too bright.
Thanks for this! I had never heard of blue shade or winter ice. I totally agree about stream. the look I want to go for is like lines of ice laced throughout the armor.

Levyne

Banned
One of the things I talk to Ike regarding GAFractals is how I love that, when we run with the same people with some frequency, we "get" each other. I can feel that quite clearly comparing PUGs to GAFractals, and it's one of the reasons I love doing this content with gaffers. That said, I dread the idea of running a silent fractal, for it's a content I enjoy doing for the people involved (thankfully Levyne is there for us ;) ). I imagine a CoF PUG would want to run things silently and efficiently because that's what people want out of a PUGed CoF, but I can't paint fractals the same way.

What does this mean

Should I be hurt

Grudy

You know, I think your'e the only person I've seen with a GW2 reference in their actual GAF username.

My tribute to the master race.

Funny you mention that btw, because around a year ago I named a character in a story I was working on after your username
e5YuU.gif
His theme was a hawk so it was very fitting

Ludovico

Posting characters? Posting characters.

Norn Ranger is level 80, she's my main and the only character I played for the majority of that initial year.

Asura Guardian is 55, currently trying to level him enough to start participating in gaf dungeon runs.

Turns settings back down to toaster mode

Katoki

Hmm. I always miss out on two pages of stuff when I sleep so it seems so pointless to pull posts back out.

Human female master race btw.

Trey

I only use scholar runes and zerks gear. But I like the 66002 spread better.

I just really like fresh air, the feedback is much more satisfying than some passive damage boost from stone splinters.

Grudy

I prefer the first one. You're going to stack in dungeons anyway to kill the bosses so it would be a waste to not have an extra 10% damage. I never found that air trait particularly useful tbh since the only significant channeling skill is meteor shower.

And strength runes are just not worth the price at this point x__x

Moondrop

Banned
When using a ELE with Fire staff Which build do you recommend ?
I run a variation on the latter that gives me some WvW survival, 62042 with berserker gear and strength runes. In water I take the scholar-esque damage bonus and condition removal on attunement.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Asura Guardian is 55, currently trying to level him enough to start participating in gaf dungeon runs.

Turns settings back down to toaster mode
55 you can do AC, CM and TA!
I prefer the first one. You're going to stack in dungeons anyway to kill the bosses so it would be a waste to not have an extra 10% damage. I never found that air trait particularly useful tbh since the only significant channeling skill is meteor shower.

And strength runes are just not worth the price at this point x__x
Agreed (except for the stacking bit :D)

So far as I'm concerned's Zephyr's Focus is literally only for mobility-heavy Scepter builds (the scepter air autoattack is a huge channel).

Strength runes are pretty much just inferior to Scholar now I'd say.

Ashodin

Balance changes from Ready up:

Engineer:
Power Wrench - Now does cripple as base, Trait changed to 10% more damage (WAT)
Tornado Elixir X is a lightning field + combo all in one now
Flamethrower upgrades (RETRO)
Goggles: 6 secs of Reveal, RIP THIEVES

Ranger:
HOLY SHIT GRANDMASTER SIGNET TRAIT BASELINE, ALL SIGNETS AFFECT YOU AND YOUR PET ALWAYS
New trait: more damage to hindered enemies
RApid Fire on Longbow - SUPER FAST NOW WAT
Barrage - ALSO SUPER FAST
GS - Increase 3 skill dmg by 10%, Maul - increase targets from 3 to 5, radius from 150 to 220

Moondrop

Banned
Hmm, interesting change to goggles; I guess it will help sPvP and roaming WvW. Can't work that into my zergbusting gadgeteer unfortunately.

Ranger signets buffed without any investment? Meh. More longbow buffs? BS.

Levyne

Banned
Sweet, I can take two points from Marks and put into Nature Magic for Fortifying Bond and Spirits Unbound. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom