• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Probably feature patch.

Since they are previewing 2 classes a piece on each Ready Up, which is every other Friday (friday of release weeks being Points of Interest), and they've done 2 classes today, then the earliest we could see the Feature Patch is September (assuming they want to preview each class before it launches).

September 9th to be exact.

Levyne

Banned
My 5 80s.

Ranger-Elementalist-Warrior-Guardian-Necro

RwaQXM5.jpg
Hftrexe.png

W1GdR5W.png
AJ60KNZ.jpg
YXzU3eK.png

Ashodin

I think I need to go back to the long coat look. So many heavies all look the same, that look was pretty unique! I did enjoy stacking on Chill as well.

Retro

characters4jjus.png

Need to get my Ranger and Necro to 80.
Need to get my Guardian a real suit of armor.

Really need a 9th profession so I can roll a Charr.
Might need to buy a name change contract for my Necro, though I don't play him much.

Ashodin

Need to get my Ranger and Necro to 80.
Need to get my Guardian a real suit of armor.

Really need a 9th profession so I can roll a Charr.
Might need to buy a name change contract for my Necro, though I don't play him much.

Eisen looks fucking awesome, love the old man shrouded hood look.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Retro's layout is top notch.

67% (rounded) of my characters use Heritage armor. This is either because they aren't level 80 so I don't bother trying to make them look great, or I don't care about them
Laidworm

Morokh

Well everyone's doing it soooo ... my 80's so far :D

Warrior is still freshly 80, and Necro needs some more look and color work, but I don't feel like playing it much lately.

Next will be a Charr for certain, Mesmer or Ele

Moondrop

Banned
First roaming beastmaster 1v1 was a success against a mesmer. I had a hard time corralling him for my pet, so we both ended up in downed state. My parrot finished him off while my siamoth ressed me.

Siamoth is my preferred roaming partner at the moment. It has amazing synergy with jaguar: if the swine drops plasma, pick up, swap to cat, activate to gain and transfer all boons; if feathers/tuft of hair, repeat procedure for double stealth.

Anyway I'll probably go axe/axe post-FP2. My axe AAs will transfer might to my pets, my GS hits will transfer fury, crits will grant might, and swapping will transfer swiftness and fury.

Sonicbug

I just read up on those Ranger changes. I am pleased. Well, mostly pleased, entangled changes kinda suck but I haven't been using that skill for awhile...

I really need to level up my mesmer...

Levyne

Banned
Am I missing something about the Jaguar, why is it preferred over say, Jungle Stalker? Is the stealth that good?

In PVE generally people are running the +damage on critical trait for pets (Jaguar Stealth = +25% chance to crit iirc) , in wvw I'm guessing the stealth itself is more useful though I generally didn't run Jaguar there.

Moondrop

Banned
Am I missing something about the Jaguar, why is it preferred over say, Jungle Stalker? Is the stealth that good?
As much as I talk it up? Probably not. But I'm generally referring to sPvP/WvW, where human opponents know the jaguar can hurt, so they'll move to make it miss. I counter that in 4 ways: soft CC, hard CC, speed boosts to pet, and stealth.

For PvE, sure jungle stalker might stacking is probably great, but the windup time has always bugged me. However that's 10 stacks of might on pet with Fortifying Bond...

Retro

The more I look at my little family portrait there, the more I realize my Human Female Guardian just looks completely out of place. I should just blow her up and re-roll her as a Norn already.

hes just being Indiana Jones on the desert.

I had been wearing full Phalanx for a while, and full Vigil (except the shoulders, which were the "Dark" set) for a while before that, and the full Dark armor (with Kodan leggings, briefly) for a while before that. I tend to find an armor set I like I stick with it until I get a little tired of looking at it. The addition of Dry Top was a good opportunity for change, and the arid climate had me wondering how 'light' I could get Heavy armor to look.

Eisen looks fucking awesome, love the old man shrouded hood look.

Which is okay, but I should have taken it off because I also really like his face and hair (both are Makeover Kit exclusives);

Glorious Wall-'o-Asura

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Retro's layout is top notch.

67% (rounded) of my characters use Heritage armor. This is either because they aren't level 80 so I don't bother trying to make them look great, or I don't care about them
Laidworm

Thanks. I really should log in to GW1, I bet my characters have a few years; worth of birthday presents, I might be able to eek out some HoM points... if I had EotN, that is. I like some of the heritage armor.

Retro

You need a charr though.

Yeah, but I'm not crazy about the combination of Charr and Guardian. I'm hoping they add another heavy armor profession that incorporates more Charr-like aspects (a Heavily armored Gunner class or something).

We'll see. I have a name reserved for a Charr and everything. Maybe I should just go Charrdian.

Edit: Also, didn't mention it earlier, but Siafra's new look is very nice.

nataku

Seeing everyone having multiple level 80s reminds me I need to get off my lazy butt and start leveling some alts. Only have my Mesmer and a Ranger so far.

Shiokazu

since its a thing by now... i bet people wont mind seeing some regular looking characters

7Dnn7Un.jpg

Viljastyrk new pattern, its based on a dry leaf. i made it yesterday after coming back home.

wCvFJiC.jpg

this is Soloppgang. her name means sunrise. thats her dry top attire. she wears scarlet mask when the sandstorm is raging.

Peb6dk6.jpg

Thats Ammy, or Amaterasu Omiokami. her hair was suposed to be black by now...

elGesux.jpg

and this is rhia. my new ranger, who likes giving stupid names to the pets she love. her favorite one is Salad, a fern hound.

Retro

Eisen really nails it because of his coloring and looking realistic.

Thanks, was going for an "Old man in the woods" look, which is why I went with the backpack over the obvious quiver; he looks like he spends 99.9% of his time in the wilderness. I've since replaced that Krytan longbow with the Bandit one, which looks like it's seen some serious wear and tear (actually, I went with Bandit skins for all of his weapons).

since its a thing by now... i bet people wont mind seeing some regular looking characters

Love the color choices for Amaterasu, platinum hair, pale skin, and white garb with those slashes of red.

What are those costume pieces are where are they available from?

That's the Ancestral Outfit; http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancestral_Outfit

Shiokazu

Thanks, was going for an "Old man in the woods" look, which is why I went with the backpack over the obvious quiver; he looks like he spends 99.9% of his time in the wilderness. I've since replaced that Krytan longbow with the Bandit one, which looks like it's seen some serious wear and tear (actually, I went with Bandit skins for all of his weapons).

Love the color choices for Amaterasu, platinum hair, pale skin, and white garb with those slashes of red.

That's the Ancestral Outfit; http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancestral_Outfit

totally sticked to her looks ingame. the outfit is chinese but thats as close i can get to japanese feels.

her staff is zenith as all her other weapons are going to be. since she is the sun goddess

this is my sister

PsiDOna.jpg

she doesnt likes to go out of hoelbrak that much.

hythloday

I can play dress-up too!~ I have a guardian and an elementalist that aren't in this picture, but these four are the only characters that I've given an actual outfit to. Warrior will probably get a name change and/or makeover when she's 80. And I'm dying for a new armor set on the mesmer, but so far everything that's come out has had something annoying which makes me not want to use it. :p

megchar7lugb.png

Thanks to Retro for the photoshop of course.

BraXzy

This is what we do in Destiny

iByqUp5l.jpg

DAAAAAANCE

I've had a good go with the beta and it's convinced me enough to buy the standard edition. I won't be buying whatever extra's there are till I know more about how much content we'll be getting but I enjoyed enough to warrant a purchase.

The moon just opened up btw (isn't open for much longer), and there's a lot to be seen there. Pretty damn gorgeous.

I'll hopefully be back on GW2 for reset tonight. Hope you guys didn't miss me :p

My one and only level 80, and thus, the one and only character dressed the way I would want them to be.

15297065494104768512_aekb7.jpg

Sometimes I worry she shows too much skin.

Maybe soon I'll get interested in one of my alts and level them up some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom