• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

u1ttpeX.gif

Levyne

Banned
According to the Ranger forum

KKNo9pf.png

xTsDj2s.png

Path of Scars buffed even more? GOAT

And plus 10% damage to cripple basically just means keep hitting them with your sword.

Moondrop

Banned
Ranger GS changes sound great and axe potentially even better. I'm going to have to consider MH axe for pet buffing. Pair with horn I guess?

Also I can actually consider Strider's Defense now for my Nomad build.

Since they're buffing longbow yet again I guess I'll craft one.

Moondrop

Banned
SWORD/AXE
AXE/HORN

I AM VINDICATED
Funny, I draw the opposite conclusion. :p When they nerfed 3 separate aspects of my original Beastmastery build in a single patch, that made me feel truly vindicated.

But seriously I may have to consider axe/axe. Can I run double Lepidoptera?

I should try out some different weapons on my ranger. I sticked with Greatsword and Longbow right from the start. I remember disliking the axe's skills though.

Moondrop

Banned
I remember seeing that big 50% reduction to Maul (on the cat, not gs) and crying myself to sleep.
I retired the original name for my jaguar, because I knew it would no longer be the same cat. That jaguar I released back into the wild; she was too savage for this world.

Ashodin

My RANGER LOVES THESE CHANGEZ

Engineer

• Power Wrench: Previously delivered crippling blows with your autoattack and your throw wrench ability. This has been folded to the baseline of your toolkit so now you don’t have to equip this trait to maintain that crippling effect. Instead, Power Wrench has been changed to have a 10% damage increase while using the toolkit. Your combo, your pry bar and your thrown wrench abilities will all have the 10% damage increase.
  • Always prepared: previously only dropped bandages for your allies to pick up. Now we added oilslicks so when you go down you will drop a protective ring of oil slick that will knock enemies off.
  • Elite supplies: This trait no longer grant increased duration while using Elixir S. Instead, you now get 50% extra move speed. Tornado has been changed to a lightning field and now you can launch whirling bolts as it is also a whirlwind combo.
  • Accelerate-Packed Turrets: This trait’s knockback distance has been reduced by 50%. Making it go from a 300 range knockback to 150 range. The intention of this trait is to cause disruption among your enemies rather than controlling the area with massive knockbacks.
  • Rocket Turret: Explosive rockets – velocity increased and rockets now track your target.
  • Flamethrower: Increased damage of the Flame Jet by 33%. Flame Blast detonate changed to a blast finisher. Flame Blast now delivers strikes on each pulse. Air Blast – increased the cast time by 1/4 of a second so it has a more delay to it with more tell through the effects (more windup).
  • Elixir R – Cast time reduced by 1/4 of a second. In addition to refill your endurance you will also remove immobilize.
  • Elixir C – Number of conditions affected by this skill increased from 1 to 2 for all allies affected by it. Launch Personal Battering Ram – Damage increased by 20%
  • Medkit – Drop Antidote will now remove immobilize if you use it while been immobilized.
  • Utility Goggles – Analyze – this ability now 6s of revealed in addition to the vulnerability it applies.
  • Glue Shot – Increased the velocity of the projectile by 50%
  • AED – We thought this ability was slightly underperforming – will now remove damage conditions when you reach the threshold.

Ranger
  • Signet of Beastmaster – This signet hampered the way rangers could spec. This signet no longer exists and all the signets have those effects baseline (affecting you and your pet). The trait that now replaced Signet of the Beastmaster is now called Predator’s Onslaught – You and your pet deal bonus damage to enemies suffering from movement impeding abilities (Crippled, Chilled and Immobilize). The damage bonus is 10% for your self and 5% for your pet.
  • Read the Wind – In addition to increase longbow/harpoon projectile velocity, attack speed is also increased (fire arrows fast).
  • Strider’s Defense – Increased the % to block from 15% to 20%
  • Beastmastery trait line – Remove the requirement to use specific pets with some traits. For example, Rending Attacks now bleeds with any pet crit on their basic attack. Stability training will activate with any pet when they are disabled. Intimidation Training now applies Cripple on any of your pet’s F2 skills with strikes.
  • Longbow – Cast times have been tightened up so you are not stuck casting something for a long time.
  • Long Range Shot – short range damage increased by 17%. Medium range damage by 7%. Long range damage unaffected.
  • Rapid Fire – Hard to use as you were stuck casting it for 5s at a time. Cast time now reduced by 50%
  • Barrage – Reduced cast time by 0.5 seconds.

Greatsword
  • For autoattack combo, damage of Power Stab (3rd skill in the chain) increased by 10%
  • Maul – Increased the max amount of targets from 3 to 5 while increasing the radius from 150 to 220.
  • Swoop now evades in the attack portion of the ability. You can be still stuck while traveling to your target.
  • Counterattack – Aftercast reduced – now you can respond much more quickly after landing your knockback.
  • Hilt Bash – Stun and daze duration of the skill have been increased from 1s to 1.5s
  • Sic’ Em this skill now applies 6s of Revealed to enemies.
  • Entangled – Recharged of this ability reduced from 150s to 60s. Duration of the roots themselves decreased from from 20s to 5s.

Axe
  • Ricochet – Now grant might on hit. 3s base might duration. You want to hit multiple targets for max amount of might stacks.
  • Path of Scars – Velocity of projectile increased by 25%

Pets
  • Black Bear’s Enfeebling Roar slightly changed so that it no longer goes through blocks and evades but now delivers a strike.
  • Polar Bear’s Icy Roar has received the same sort of rework.

Moondrop

Banned
Thank you Ash for transmitting the info.

AED – We thought this ability was slightly underperforming – will now remove damage conditions when you reach the threshold.
Now you have my engi's attention.

Hilt Bash – Stun and daze duration of the skill have been increased from 1s to 1.5s.
Sic’ Em – this skill now applies 6s of Revealed to enemies.
Entangled – Recharged of this ability reduced from 150s to 60s. Duration of the roots themselves decreased from from 20s to 5s.
Love it, love it, secretly kind of love that they've nerfed this so I can take Rampage as One without guilt.

BraXzy

At the risk of getting permabanned, didja ever notice that Hawkian is an anagram for "Ha, I wank!"

Lmao. How long did it take you to come up with that? I bet you can't do anything with my name ;)

When I'm next on I'll post the plethora of epic looking level 80's I have.
I have two.

xeris

Lmao. How long did it take you to come up with that? I bet you can't do anything with my name ;)

When I'm next on I'll post the plethora of epic looking level 80's I have.
I have two.

Took about 2 seconds. Ash's took longer oddly enough. And Yeah, for yours I got nothin'. But then mine's not much better. I r sex is about the best I've seen.

Grudy

My pride and beauty, main character since headstart, ele (although she started out as a male... o.o)

Shamelessly stole this look from reddit for my thief. Loved it so much I made a thief so I can use this look.

And my Guardian. Not too happy with the look because I see it everywhere. Will change it when I think of a proper theme.

Mxrz

All for more anti-stealth. On the fence about making Engineers stronger otherwise, they're already one of the tougher fights.

Ashodin

Uwpg8al.png

From left to right, top to bottom:

Ashodin Venteal, Level 80 Human Guardian
Lycian Strimsson, Level 30~ Norn Mesmer
Rostad Angergrowl, Level 80 Charr Ranger
Ashodin, Level 80 Human Engineer
Lyksandir, Level 25 Sylvari Elementalist
Omipp, Level 3 Asura Necromancer

Complistic

Fine! Since you guys forced me to, here's my favorite two

:p

Siafra got a makeover. I like to think Mordremoth's awakening affected her a bit.
5bhzapM.jpg

And I'm finally 110% happy with my guardian. Brahms arms and feet, phalanx chest and legs, and cultural t3 shoulders and helmet.

7wJ3hXk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom