• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Has GW2 influenced anyone to go back and play GW1 for the first time? I spent yesterday down a dark rabbit hole of Wooden Potatoes lore videos that made me really want to go see some of those places for myself. Potentially acquiring some of the HoM rewards would be a good bonus.

Has GW2 influenced anyone to go back and play GW1 for the first time? I spent yesterday down a dark rabbit hole of Wooden Potatoes lore videos that made me really want to go see some of those places for myself. Potentially acquiring some of the HoM rewards would be a good bonus.
You will hate how it plays.

Retro

Thank you to whichever officer restored my little Mist Warrior symbol on the guild page. I've never actually claimed anything on JQ for GAF in WvW; it would've been fine to use the influence selfishly pre-megaserver but feels wrong now that the pool is shared. There's only one circumstance it ever comes up- claiming camps with alt guilds to snag 15 supply when we've already claimed a tower/keep on the map.

Looks like Hawkian did it yesterday, I'm not sure why it would have been changed in the first place. Either way, I don't believe Influence is shared across servers so you would have been fine, and claiming towers in WvW is the whole reason we have that rank.

I do indeed need an invite. My username is mightyflub.8679

Looks like Etiolate hooked you up with an invite, but you haven't accepted yet. Remember to click "Represent" in the guild panel, and welcome to SBI.

I would, but I don't have EotN so I wouldn't be able to get any of the rewards. I'm sure my characters have a few years worth of minis I could get for some quick points.

hythloday

Looks like Hawkian did it yesterday, I'm not sure why it would have been changed in the first place. Either way, I don't believe Influence is shared across servers so you would have been fine, and claiming towers in WvW is the whole reason we have that rank.

Yep. It's not combined yet, but I think eventually it will be. The intent for Mist Warriors is that they can cap towers whenever they want/need to. Also Mist Warriors have the ability to activate guild upgrades, so they can turn on WvW buffs (usually +5 supply unless something else is ready) when needed.

Moondrop

Banned
Ok, great, if influence is not yet pooled then I will practice claiming a few camps and activating the +5 buff. Still I ought to make a personal guild anyway so I understand the upgrade mechanics.

BraXzy

I'm thinking of making the Light of Dwayna for my Warrior's back piece since the base version is cheaper to make than I thought (or at least I think it is). I didn't realise it needs 500 Armorcrafting which will cost me something like 100G to get to though. Hmm.

I need to get it to 400 at least anyway though.. and I guess I will probably start doing Ascended armour at some point.

Ah, I didn't know there was a community thread for Guild Wars 2. Will have to keep an eye on this. I read the OP but can't access anything involving the Guild, dunno if anyone already knows that or not though.

Ah, I didn't know there was a community thread for Guild Wars 2. Will have to keep an eye on this. I read the OP but can't access anything involving the Guild, dunno if anyone already knows that or not though.

Yeah, the host for the guild forums is down - though this thread is pretty much the primary place guild members talk about how pretty their Asura are, so don't worry, you're in the right place.

Eh maybe. I still play EQ1 to this day, so I don't mind antiquated mechanics. Not being able to jump is a bummer though.

There is zero verticality to GW1. And even when there is, like a bridge over a ravine, it's faked (there is no Z-height). If an AI is under a bridge and you're on top of it, no matter the distance, they can hit you. There's no need for a jump in GW1 though, since it's more an RTS than anything else. You'll be managing a squad of up to 8 characters, and the maps are generally just big, flat areas with hills to funnel you.

I actually went back and finished all the GW1 campaigns again after spending a year in GW2 - it's still good fun, provided you can get someone to help you with a few things, like collecting the skills you need to be able to cheese your way through the game with specific builds, like everyone else.

BraXzy

Since I'm unsure on the Dwayna back piece I re-listed the recipe I'd ordered last night and just made a quick 1G profit :D

Check out this cool fan-made music video covering Season 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gHsliMTzhg&app=desktop

Damn, Season 1 was cool.

Also, seen on reddit, someone asked: "I stopped playing just before Living World season 1. I was in full exotics. How long will I have to play now to catch up gear wise?"

Was really glad to see the replies: "You're caught up. Log in and enjoy!".

I do not miss the tier grind.

Retro

Basically our current webhost is shit and we're waiting for the bandwidth to reset so we can grab the latest database and migrate somewhere else. They've been horrible.

I do not miss the tier grind.

Same. I really disliked feeling like I could never stop and play another game because A). I was paying $15 a month, I needed to get my money's worth and B). I had to keep playing, often farming content, to make sure I had the gear I needed so I could raid, etc.

I've been playing Starbound a bit lately, and watching TV on our new furniture. I dictate how I play GW2, not the other way around. I don't miss feeling obligated to play, especially when so much of it felt like menial labor just to maintain my gear score. Blech.

Who is ready to cleanse Ascalon of its ghosts?

Aw8eQyY.jpg

Levyne

Banned
I just hope they either replace the ghost mobs in Ascalon if we're truly going to see the curse end or it's written in a way that makes sense to not see that.

I think a completely reworked set of dynamic events in the early Ascalon areas could be really neat. But maybe that's setting hopes too high.

I *seriously* doubt the ghosts in Ascalon are going to be permanently removed. There are just way too many personals story missions, DE chains, and hearts tied to them. But I am curious to see what's going to happen tomorrow.

BraXzy

The new update is out tomorrow right? :O

I better get hunting those last few coins in case something crazy happens to the zone.

The new update is out tomorrow right? :O

I better get hunting those last few coins in case something crazy happens to the zone.

As far as I know, there will be no changes to Dry Top, nor any expansion to it. So you should be safe. I actually finally found the last two coins I needed last night, and they were practically in plain sight.

I don't know the spoiler policy, but trailer spoilers/speculation:
I think Rytlock is gonna fuck up somehow. Removing the ghosts from Ascalon would be a pretty big undertaking for one update. Since it's said only one of royal blood can free Ascalon of it's curse, I think Rytlock will try and find a way around that rule and mess things up somehow.

What if: instead of removing the ghosts, he frees them of the area and now there's ghosts *everywhere*. And then for the next Mad King event... we have to put them all back in the Catacombs.

Levyne

Banned
Damn, the patch IS tomorrow, huh. I mean, I /knew/ that, but it still feels very immediate, wow.

Think I will not log in today because I will probably play too much tomorrow.

What if: Rytlock becomes Charrdelbern and ends up turning all the Charr into ghosts for eternity?

Y1TyWoO.jpg

Damn, the patch IS tomorrow, huh. I mean, I /knew/ that, but it still feels very immediate, wow.

Think I will not log in today because I will probably play too much tomorrow.

Feels good to be back on that two week schedule, huh? In terms of the frequency of content, for an MMO, we're truly spoiled.

BraXzy

It's funny because when I think that each update is two weeks apart.. I think aww that's so far away.. but then when it comes down to it, they creep up super quick.

Remind me, how many more updates before there's a break?

Jira

I *seriously* doubt the ghosts in Ascalon are going to be permanently removed. There are just way too many personals story missions, DE chains, and hearts tied to them. But I am curious to see what's going to happen tomorrow.

Personal Story wouldn't have to be changed as that takes place in the past.

Kimaka

Hi, could I get an invite to the guild? My name is Kimaka.3147. I haven't played in about a year and a half and so many things have changed. :eek:

BraXzy

Tomorrow's (Part 1) and then Part 2 in two weeks, then break.

I thought so, darn it's going quick.

Hi, could I get an invite to the guild? My name is Kimaka.3147. I haven't played in about a year and a half and so many things have changed. :eek:

I just mentioned in guild chat and an officer has sent you an invite :)

Be sure to accept it and then in the guild panel (G) press the Represent button.

So many new/returning people! Remember, if you have any questions at all, feel free to ask them here (most likely to get a response) or in Guild Chat (depending on time of day, people might be busy or offline).

Jira

Tomorrow's (Part 1) and then Part 2 in two weeks, then break.

True. But we're still talking about two zones worth of DE's and hearts that'd be kind of weird, if they're left unchanged after Foefire is ended.

IMO whatever Rytlock is doing isn't actually going to work. From a sheer development standpoint, the undertaking it would require in order to rework that much content in that many zones is just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom