• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

The only flaw I see in your proposal Zeroth is that there shouldn't be new rewards using the old Pristine Fractal relics. You'd need a new currency. Beyond the inherent unfairness, the point of such an overhaul would be to encourage players to visit high level fractals, and if they already have the currency sitting unwanted in their banks then it's just free rewards.

And I use the term "unfair" carefully. I don't think anyone should be unnecessarily rewarded for hoarding silk when it was worthless, or hoarding thick leather or ascended rings presently.

That's true, but the people who have that much currency are the more enthusiastic folk, and I don't think rewarding them in this case is inherently bad, specially when they go to stake 0 as soon they spent their current currency on the next day. That's definitely a problem, but I think that fact alone is not enough to pull much weight on the idea of using yet another currency. Besides, it's an account locked feature, so it wouldn't affect other players unfairly.

L8Rl9bq.jpg

It's almost time...

Moondrop

Banned
Ok, here's another reason a new currency would be necessary: under your proposal, I could grind ascended gear on midlevel characters wiith no AR in a scale 11 fractal.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
RIght!

Per our newly adopted policy in this thread, remember that spoilers related to Episode 3: Dragon's Reach: Part 1 must be spoiler-tagged with
until next Tuesday
, at which point they can be discussed openly.

Thanks for looking out for the others in the thread I wish I wasn't stuck at work today.

nataku

I like how some comments in articles about EP3 jump to the conclusion that kites that boost running speed = mounts incoming.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, here's another reason a new currency would be necessary: under your proposal, I could grind ascended gear on midlevel characters wiith no AR in a scale 11 fractal.
I'm missing something about your argument I think, you can do exactly that right now with ascended rings if you so choose, it just so happens that they're the only things you can spend pristine fractal relics on no matter how many you do. What's good about people having piles of Pristine Fractal Relics they can't use for anything beneficial?

edit: about the kites
The Buried Locked Chests in Dry Top have also been updated once again to include one of three new kites: the Ventari Follower, Prosperity Mine and Crystal Shard. If the looks of these kites were not enough, these kite toys will also grant increased movement speed while players are carrying them!

RIght!

Per our newly adopted policy in this thread, remember that spoilers related to Episode 3: Dragon's Reach: Part 1 must be spoiler-tagged with
until next Tuesday
, at which point they can be discussed openly.

Thanks for looking out for the others in the thread I wish I wasn't stuck at work today.
I won't spoil it because i don't know anything i haven't paid attention to season 2 yet lol.

Zeroth

Oh, that's fine. You would take 25 days to get an ascended piece that way, which sounds like a good time for a piece alone.

The Guild Wars 2 twitter retweeted my tweet about that funny full regen warrior being hit by the Ascalonian ghost (https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/494144354190364672)

And now, my Twitter is being flooded by people complaining about "poor balance in PvP", as if the comic proves the full regen warrior has no hard counter.

I don't even...

"I can't 1v1 this full regen warrior by myself, game broken."

It's like people forget PvP is a team game...

Moondrop

Banned
I'm missing something about your argument I think, you can do exactly that right now with ascended rings if you so choose, it just so happens that they're the only things you can spend pristine fractal relics on no matter how many you do. What's good about people having piles of Pristine Fractal Relics they can't use for anything beneficial?
I'm making 3 different arguments; they'll sound contradictory if juxtaposed across "what the game is" and "what the game should be."

1a) Yes, it's bad to have a mat (e.g. thick leather) or currency (Pristine Fractal Relics) with no value or a capped value respectively. But the solution to me is not to deus ex machina make what was worthless now redeemable for super valuable rewards.

1b) If this system were to be implemented, the marketing behind it would be to get players excited about running high levels fractals again. But rewarding them for past fractal runs would be counter-productive to that end.

2) This is all presented under the guise of "rewarding high level fractals." I'm merely pointing out that it would be easy to grind ascended armor with midlevel alts. Not really comparable to grinding rings, with their lower value cap.

Bottom-line is you want to be rewarded for the Pristine Fractal Relics you've accumulated. Which is understandable, but not without problems. However Anet already made one concession letting you convert them into ordinary Relics.

Moondrop

Banned
I just want to emphasize that fractals are my favorite dungeon and I support Zeroth's proposal in general. Just introduce Virginal Fractal Relics for levels 40 and above or whatever.

"You don't play sPvP exclusively? Then you can't claim to sPVP."

"Having tanks in PvP is why GW2 has shit PvP balance."

"I fight a full regen warrior, then they just run away, and come back with full HP. Shit balance."

I realize the people on Twitter being idiots don't represent the PvP community, but today is making me wish GW2 had no sPvP. What is it about the competitive gametypes/modes that brings out the real Darwin Award Winners of society?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I've been eating pristine fractal relics the moment I got the rings I wanted.

Now all I need is 500 ectoplasm for dat capacitor

BraXzy

I should probably start running Fractals more. I really enjoy them and I could do with the equipment bags, ascended drops and backpiece.

Levyne

Banned
I should probably start running Fractals more. I really enjoy them and I could do with the equipment bags, ascended drops and backpiece.

those equipment bags are the best.

GOAT

yes they don't compact properly but that is a small price to pay

Moondrop

Banned
I realize the people on Twitter being idiots don't represent the PvP community, but today is making me wish GW2 had no sPvP. What is it about the competitive gametypes/modes that brings out the real Darwin Award Winners of society?
I sympathize with you for inadvertently opening yourself up to that BS, but you see the same general stupidity from PvE folk.

It's funny though there's a lot of talk about so-called "regen warriors," which is funny because they don't actually exist to my knowledge. Sure there are regen banner warriors, but that's a PvE strategy. As far as I understand, these whiny thieves must be losing to warriors simply running at most Healing Signet, Adrenal Health, Dogged March, and Mango Pies in PvP/WvW. That's roughly 630 HP/s, sure, but without healing shouts on top any skilled roamer should be able to overcome that.

Lunar15

Is that finally a friendly sylvari with an important role in the living story? Or is he/she just going to jump off the deep end too?

I sympathize with you for inadvertently opening yourself up to that BS, but you see the same general stupidity from PvE folk.

Oh, totally. And since there are a million more PvE people than PvP, the ratios are also higher, so you're more likely to come across PVE derps than PVP derps. But in cooperative situations, the derping doesn't quite that have "edge" you get from PvP derps.

Levito

Banned

You either die a noob, or live long enough to be accused of being a hacker.

Moondrop

Banned
Oh, totally. And since there are a million more PvE people than PvP, the ratios are also higher, so you're more likely to come across PVE derps than PVP derps. But in cooperative situations, the derping doesn't quite that have "edge" you get from PvP derps.
True, there is a "will to dominate" present in those who PvP that becomes particularly toxic when tainted with stupidity. But as a PvPer I don't find the sentiment inherently wrong or distasteful.

Mxrz

"You don't play sPvP exclusively? Then you can't claim to sPVP."

"Having tanks in PvP is why GW2 has shit PvP balance."

"I fight a full regen warrior, then they just run away, and come back with full HP. Shit balance."

Bottom feeders tend to be the most vocal. Complaining about a regen warrior would be a pretty good indication. All my money on most of them being stealth-abusers.

Morokh

Update is coming late, no preview videos to watch, Minecraft authentification servers down ... whatamIgonnado ?????

No , seriously it sucks ... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom