• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
Beaten by Levyne so I'll comment on patch notes: Fossilized insects can now be grinded. :/

Also, shortbow name changed from wasp family to mosquito family; yay, science.

Edit2: Permanent hair stylist contract. Someone hide my credit card.

Zeroth

The Permanent Hair Stylist Contract is now a very rare drop from Black Lion Chests for the next 2 weeks only.

d0lphin_shake.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Home Portal Stone is actually a fascinating idea. Not worth it on my thief with a pass to Havoc's Heir, but maybe on one of my other 80s. Since you could just walk out the door it's basically a free port both to my 100%+ gathering nodes as well as all city services. However, I imagine the "return" functionality doesn't work if you use it in this way. The fact that they offer that makes me feel like they might be offering more useful additions o the home instance in the near future.

BraXzy

So is it inside story instances that there is an issue at the moment?

I've run into problems all along the way.

It isn't in instances, it's just part of the story line. For example someone you have to speak to to give you flamethrowers in the open doesn't respond. Hundreds of people were piled around them just jumping up and down :L

Then I managed to find a working instance.. the next step in the story was also bugged with the person with the green star not responding to anyone.

Rubi was on and said they are working on it so if anything roam Dry Top for a bit till things smooth over.

xeris

Ah ok. it's known

Some servers are working apparently. Zeroth and BraXy ferried people over to a working instance for the first open world part (mad props for including non-Gaffers in that btw). But then the second open stage bugged out.

Morokh

Had zero bugs that I was able to notice, not a fan of all the first part, I bailed out
at the Ley line hub mission
where it just turned extremely frustrating rather than fun once again.

If it's not balanced for only one people to play, don't let people play it solo Anet, that's all I have to say.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looks like my power went out or something elsewise nefarious happened at home cause I can't remote into my PC : - /

Guess I'll just start patching as soon as I get home and then maybe have a little nap myself.

BraXzy

Two random tidbits of info:

Recipes now have more unique, specific icons to better identify them

UrdxE9b.png

Also, the Fort Marriner waypoint in LA is now completely destroyed and unusable.

Thorgal

I finished the episode without any issues except one part where i had to wait for the object to respawn so i could meet the objective .

I see nothing in the patch notes about fixing the one achievement in the Concordia mission. ;..;

They promised they'd fix "On Swift Wings" in this patch.
Callunah and I got it after patch. Took 5 tries cuz mobs were killing NPCs much quicker. Also with more peoplein your party you need to rescue more yet only instance starter can save people.

Anno

So for the last week or so I've forced some "immersion-enhancing gameplay" on myself. Unless it's an emergency (WvW, guild events etc.) I'm not using any waypoints, my minimap is reduced to the smallest square possible and I'm not allowed to use my world map and move at the same time. So far I love it! I'm learning so much more about how to navigate zones by site and landmarks and finding a bunch of small details and NPCs I missed while just running around using a map. I'm sure it's not for everyone but you might find yourself appreciating something more about the game.

So for the last week or so I've forced some "immersion-enhancing gameplay" on myself. Unless it's an emergency (WvW, guild events etc.) I'm not using any waypoints, my minimap is reduced to the smallest square possible and I'm not allowed to use my world map and move at the same time. So far I love it! I'm learning so much more about how to navigate zones by site and landmarks and finding a bunch of small details and NPCs I missed while just running around using a map. I'm sure it's not for everyone but you might find yourself appreciating something more about the game.
Should get combat mod like WoodenPotatoes which removes minimap completely.

Anno

Should get combat mod like WoodenPotatoes which removes minimap completely.

I did, and it's nice, but I dislike having to exit the game and relaunch the client from another executable if I suddenly need to have a minimap. Plus I just generally don't like third party apps, even those that seem to be okay with ANet.

BraXzy

Saw ArenaNet tweeting about how they're rushing to fix things, what's the damage report on the patch?

Still not up unfortunately, we just have "soonish" for a time frame.

You are able to do most of the broken events by hopping instances and finding a working one, or joining someone already in one. It's not ideal, but it's an option till a fix comes through.

Moondrop

Banned
Newsflash: you don't get to decide what a spoiler is. It's all spoilers. You don't get to choose to reveal A, but then go, "Oh it's not a spoiler because you don't know B and C, so A has no context." False, your information could make me look for A and/or deduce B and C. Moreover, you think you're revealing A, but in fact you're revealing B because you've already absorbed/glossed over A. Just stop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Right, remember our policy is the first week of a new patch, spoiler tag things (or PM/get a room in mumble or so). There is admittedly less of a concern toward the end of the week, but within the first 24 hours (or hell, 12 hours) please just assume everything you could say about the story/content of a patch is a spoiler!

Just to be clear, this applies to guild chat too (maybe even moreso, it's almost the best way to ensure you may be spoiling something before people have a chance to see it -_-)

Ashodin

So the new backpiece is pretty epic and awesome in the way of how you obtain it. I'm definitely looking forward to getting one!

I really like them doing the "make this thing yourself by getting parts from doing the story" thing. I hope this is a precedent moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom