• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

That sounds like one hell of an event. I wish there were more small unique events like that which randomly happen.

Male Guardian: Norn or Human?

Callunah

Neo Member
Ran a little WvW last night...and after spiking some YB lowbie, found a little piece of "holy crap" in my pack. Turns out the little lowbie dropped a precursor for me. Sure, its the Torch precursor.. but still. Seems my luck hasnt run out just yet. Kos had to actually point out to me that it was a precursor. I thought it was just a cool exo with a neat skin, so I linked it in party chat, which is when I was enlightened. lol

Who is Rotgort anyway? (or however its spelled!) haha..

Still up in the air about make up missions... either way they start in about 35 minutes! Might see you then!

BraXzy

Ran a little WvW last night...and after spiking some YB lowbie, found a little piece of "holy crap" in my pack. Turns out the little lowbie dropped a precursor for me. Sure, its the Torch precursor.. but still. Seems my luck hasnt run out just yet. Kos had to actually point out to me that it was a precursor. I thought it was just a cool exo with a neat skin, so I linked it in party chat, which is when I was enlightened. lol

Still up in the air about make up missions... either way they start in about 35 minutes! Might see you then!

Holy crap on a cracker.

EDIT: Apologies. I was looking at the actual Legendary. the Exo is still worth 100G though :3

Rodgort btw :)

Levyne

Banned
Holy crap on a cracker.

That thing must be pretty rare, it's not even listed. Just a 1700 buy order. You're rich! (Or have an epic skin)

Rodgort btw :)

I doubt it dropped the legendary itself :p

But still, congrats. It's even a weapon you could use :)

That is Trodgor backwards and it comes from Homestar Runner (an online comic form awhile ago).

In GW1 elementalist had a bunch of Rotgort named skills.

9zL442b.jpg

What do you guys think of my Warrior's new WvW look?

Zeroth

That third place is literally a charr using a full cultural armor with a single color. Has to be some voting shenanigans

Thorgal

Had to miss missions again today due to my issue , but Anet is currently looking into it so hopefully this will be resolved soon .

BraXzy

Norn. Have you seen #1 on GW2 Style?

Yeah, when I remembered that my choice was made really. Funnily enough, going through the character creator I made something quite close to what is in that style, at least in terms of look and build.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i think my sexy loot from these missions was cool. and my epic failure on the first missions :D

Retro

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help with Makeups, everything went smoothly despite the unexpectedly early start to the Challenge. Today was Fields of Ruin day, apparently;
- Ogre / Devourer Challenge
- Langmar Estate Puzzle
- Trillia Midwell Bounty
- Chicken Rush

Well, I didn't end up going with that look anyways. I'll post screenshots when we're done with makeup missions.

Okay, here we go;
eresiazqj3y.jpg

T2 Human Shoulders
Primeval Chest
T2 Human Gloves
Primeval Chest
T3 Human Boots

Dyes are Shy Blue for the main pieces with Cinders for the accents.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
More logging on bullshit.

6 Hours of trying to log in and 10 minutes of gameplay before being kicked out again. Guesting bypassed the issue for an entire story mission.

Other person in the house completely not affected in any way.

Fucking fantastic.

Thorgal

6 Hours of trying to log in and 10 minutes of gameplay before being kicked out again. Guesting bypassed the issue for an entire story mission.

Fucking fantastic.

Be sure to enter a support ticket .

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Fucking fantastic.
do you mean that after the story mission while guested you were kicked out again?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
theres a thread on the forum about it, people have been doing the trace route and the problems lays with this 64.25.38.238

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/Connection-error-7-11-3-191-101-merged/page/4

i have the problem on my guardian (got stuck in kessex hills straight after guild missions ended)

can log into other heroes but her shes fucked ):

A severe issue that's getting worse and worse, appears to be a problem with their servers, and all the DNS flushing in the world isn't helping the increasing number of players being locked out.

I honestly expect better than this.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
weirdly enough ive literally just send a ticket, and suddenly my char is magically able to log in and is fine lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
weirdly enough ive literally just send a ticket, and suddenly my char is magically able to log in and is fine lol

I got a response asking very detail questions about my connection and asking to use the NCSOFT connection tool to look at the situation.

Guess I'll help them out. Anything to help get rid of this issue now and in the future.

Spirit3

Hello Gaffers. Any chance of getting invited into your illustrious guild? Just picked this back up after a fairly long hiatus and alot of content seems foreign to me at the moment. Would be good to have some pepz to roll with.

Characters names is Mysstic Dawn, account is TheVeilrae.1265. Not sure which one is required.

Also any recommendations for an easy class/build for a beginner that happens to be my partner? She has some interest in what she has seen but this would be her first attempt at a game of this scale.

Katoki

Hello Gaffers. Any chance of getting invited into your illustrious guild? Just picked this back up after a fairly long hiatus and alot of content seems foreign to me at the moment. Would be good to have some pepz to roll with.

Characters names is Mysstic Dawn, account is TheVeilrae.1265. Not sure which one is required.

Invite sent. I think the default guild window is under "G" so go in there and hit represent for each character you have. If not, you'll never see guild chat and wonder why it's such a quiet guild.

Also any recommendations for an easy class/build for a beginner that happens to be my partner? She has some interest in what she has seen but this would be her first attempt at a game of this scale.

This part. If you have time, read the second post on the first page for refreshers and then refer your friend to it if possible even if to skim.

1. Pick the class you think looks interesting and fun, not which you think will be most useful.
If one doesn't click with you, you can always try another. Whatever choice you make, you won't be penalized further down the road (i.e. you can get into a
group no matter which class you pick now). Every class can contribute, even breaking MMO-tropes; Guardians (the Paladin-like class) have access to
ranged attacks, Rangers are good in melee, etc.

- That said, most people say the Guardian, Warrior and Ranger are good classes to start with, while Mesmers, Elementalists and Engineers have a
bit of a learning curve. Seriously though, try what sounds cool to you, as all of the professions are pretty approachable and you can always ask
for help here or in-game.​

- If you do decide to start a different character, any crafting materials, karma and gold you've earned are account bound and can be used by your new
character quite easily.​

2. Race has no statistical advantage, it will only give you a few race-specific utility and elite skills (none of which stand out over the others). Otherwise
it is entirely cosmetic. Be aware that the "Tauren Effect" is in play here; the two large races, Norn and Charr, feel like they move slower than the others even
though run speed is normalized. Likewise, Asura feel like they're flying. Some people (myself included) find it detracts from the game, your millage may vary.

- For what it's worth, Norn look insanely cool in full armor (especially plate) and Charr have an awesome four-legged run animation, so there's silver
lining everywhere.​

BraXzy

I filled up the other two of my character slots today. I figured since I knew what characters I wanted I may as well make them and let that birthday gift start ticking.

I've now got a Male Norn Guardian called 'Braxzy Vorn' (German for up front and Norse for defense/protect according to some completely legit site)

I also have a Female Human Mesmer called 'Braxxxi' (Someone pointed out using an I looked femenine and Braxxi was taken).

I think the only race I don't have covered is Sylvari now right?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Anyone know any place selling the game digitally for under retail price? GreenManGaming has it "out of stock".

Also, what the hell happened to Lions Arch?!

And why do I only have 14 trait points?!

And why is the gaming running at 1/3 the frames per second since I last played over a year ago?!

And why no mo dragons?!

Anyone know any place selling the game digitally for under retail price? GreenManGaming has it "out of stock".

Also, what the hell happened to Lions Arch?!

And why do I only have 14 trait points?!

And why is the gaming running at 1/3 the frames per second since I last played over a year ago?!

And why no mo dragons?!

1. If GMG is out of stock, dunno.

2. Scarlet bombed it. Lion's Arch was seiged, burned to the ground, a giant drill was placed near it. We brought the drill down, but the effects are ongoing. Was a heck of a thing.

gw2+2014-02-19+12-04-15-39_stitch.jpg

LeUoXad.jpg

FctOXbG.jpg

DbmEtqb.jpg

3. The trait system was redone entirely.

4. Culling was removed. So now your client renders a lot more stuff. Try lowering your Model Limit and Model Quality settings until framerate is acceptable.

5. Funny should should mention that, but Season 2 is all about a new dragon threat that was woken up due to events in Season 1. You'll want to unlock Season 2 episodes 1 and 2, if you missed them. Log in now to unlock episode 3 for free.

Thorgal

Well damn, this happened to me to ...

You got your game working Thorgal?

Not yet , seems like i am experiencing Packet loss according to Anet .

They want me running PingPlotter to find the issue but they will have to wait until i get back from work over 8 Hours .

DrAg0nBoY

That is weird, because I can login with one character just fine, but I get this error with another.

Need to see if I get this error also at home. But it still is weird.

I knew people were pugging tPvP; I didn't know one could solo queue for it.

This means that if we can just put together 5 people on Mumble, even if all don't have mics, we could roll people and get nice rewards. So this is a new call for anyone who wants to group up for non-regular, semi-casual tPvP.

I say semi-casual because we would try to win the match and hone our builds, but otherwise not take it seriously.

I want to do this soon. I'm getting the itch to try something new.

Icomp

Closing in on 80 and looking up mats for Sunrise/Twilight.

Holy crap. It seems as if I've got a lot of farming to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom