• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Wow Callunah, you need to stop hogging all the luck! You're gonna have one of each Precursor by the end of this month hehe.

My bags have a sort of order but I'm still being cheap with most of it. I'll post it in a sec.

It's super interesting seeing how people organise and layout thei inventories.

Levyne

Banned
Wow Callunah, you need to stop hogging all the luck! You're gonna have one of each Precursor by the end of this month hehe.

My bags have a sort of order but I'm still being cheap with most of it. I'll post it in a sec.

It's super interesting seeing how people organise and layout thei inventories.

I'm surprised people aren't doctoring or hiding their gold amounts

imagine all the intrigue a little black bar could provide

nataku

I'd rather just farm a key every time I get a box drop (which is almost never).

I'll never spend money on keys. Not even gold.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wasn't doing anything with the gold anyway. And I refuse to farm in GW2. I farmed in WoW, and it wasn't worth it in the end.
That and keyfarming is tedious. You need a free character slot and need to play story mode up to level 10.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy luck Callunah wow. I've never heard of two in that short a time span before, congrats!
Is Antitoxin heal even that useful?
It's useful for certain classes in certain cases. If you have two people both committed to using it in a condition-heavy scenario where lots of stuff is getting reapplied (this of course originally was the case for the event where it was introduced, the Tower of Nightmares), it can do a wonderful job of keeping a party alive. The main thing is that most classes have very useful healing skills that synergize with their build in some way, which will be preferable 96% of the time.

My inventory is never going to be a fraction as organized as Miktar's. My top two 20-slot boxes are things I use for utility and my armor and weapon sets, then everything else is just a jumble. I just use the typing filter to organize and work with different mat types or item rarities all at once. I guess I should probably hide bags all things considered.
I won't show what my bank looks like though. It's a gorram mess, and I can't find a good way to sort stuff. Stupid ascended rings and various currencies that may or may not be used again in the future...
Ha. My bank on the other hand is completely organized with each box having a purpose or devoted type of contents.

BraXzy

J2Mty2c.jpg

I don't have all that much in my inventory currently. I think I'll take a leaf out of Ike's book and have one of each potion at all times. I'm still a super cheapo when it comes to bags, I'm saving though so I'll just be patient and wait for more Fractal ones.

20 Slot Starter Backpack - My Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic will always be top left corner, when I swap characters that's where it stays. With Mystic and BL salvage kits alongside it. Mini's and Tonic's follow it for the random moments I feel like popping them, and then the various skins I'm currently holding onto to fill the rest since my bank is always full of Bloodstone Dust.

12 Slot Coarse Leather Bag - This is where I put my boosters and food. I need to do a bit of a restock really. I think I'll put potions in this bag and then this will be a permanent boon bag of sorts.

12 Slot Coarse Leather Bag - This is always my first port of call for temporary things like Living World items and stuff.

20 Slot Fractal Uncommon Equipment Box - This is my overflow for random crap, as well as where my greens and blues turn up until I sell or salvage.

18 Slot Equipment Box - As you can see, this is where my second armour set and alt weapons are. It's always nice to spot something new (rare/exo) turn up in this lil guy.

I need to get full 20's along with a bit of a better sorting method but for now this'll do. I've never been a fan of hidden bags, I like the structure better idk.

They really shouldn't restrict armours to certain genders. Imagine how cool it would be if you could be a male magical mesmer in a getup like this:

BAP86ts.png

Plus, everyone would have access to twice the skins!

Moondrop

Banned
Speaking of healing, what's a good heal for a phantasm mesmer? Ether Feast doesn't feel... beefy for me.
Ether Feast is about as beefy as it gets; obviously you must have 3 illusions up when casting. Your other options are Mirror on shorter CD but less beef, Mantra which has beef but requires pre-loading, and a heal-over-time signet (or racial heals).

BraXzy

I've been having some weird 'Interact' issues recently in-game and I'm not sure what's causing it. For example when loot drops I press F or double click it, but nothing happens. It has only started happening recently, and it only does it every now and then..

Like just now I tried to speak to an NPC and he was having none of it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is a serious cry for help. I don't know what protocol reddit reiies on in this situation
I am asking because my little brother really likes watching me playing GW2 and I don't want to make account to no use after my death and better leave it to him.
His word choice and syntax make me think it is unlikely that he will commit suicide (at least within a timeframe that would preclude talking to someone else) but I hope he picks someone to engage with about his issues at least...

This is a serious cry for help. I don't know what protocol reddit reiies on in this situation

His word choice and syntax make me think it is unlikely that he will commit suicide (at least within a timeframe that would preclude talking to someone else) but I hope he picks someone to engage with about his issues at least...
Wonder if we someone from ANET can step in to send him a message or give him a call if his info is on their information.

Moondrop

Banned
Alright Moondrop , here is the PVP build for Warrior i was telling you about in Chat :
That's a very interesting take on sword/sword warrior. It's kind of gimmicky in using reduced cooldown on signet of rage to proc krait runes, but that might work. Looks solid otherwise.

But this particular build is one where you've got to keep pressuring, keep weapon swapping, and never let up. If that's not your style, you can still tweak sword/sword to be more defensive.

BraXzy

lol I don't think you can afford me... or my Twizzler habit that must be supported. *grin*

You never said if you were going to go on the Legendary journey with either of your precursors?

Alright Moondrop , here is the PVP build for Warrior i was telling you about in Chat :

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fJA...gCZLkBnDgC4mVWFbBA-TZRFwANOBAAeCARLDg4QAka/BA

Also the video if you are interested :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stnsN5ozLsg

Ooh I'll have to look at these since I'll be trying to help in tPvP. Thanks for the links.

Moondrop

Banned
It was a great first night of PvP with GAF (the current iteration). We never had more than 4 in a party at once, but we still had fun, learned a lot, and took home enough victories to feel proud of ourselves.

Thank you to Zeroth, Ike, Braxzy, Kanik, Moose, and Askherserenity for turning out. I'll research Kyhlo strategies for next time. ;)

Come join us in future; it's pretty casual.

BraXzy

It was a great first night of PvP with GAF (the current iteration). We never had more than 4 in a party at once, but we still had fun, learned a lot, and took home enough victories to feel proud of ourselves.

Thank you to Zeroth, Ike, Braxzy, Kanik, Moose, and Askherserenity for turning out. I'll research Kyhlo strategies for next time. ;)

Come join us in future; it's pretty casual.

Tonight was a lot of fun.

I got my first Triple Wurm victory under my belt, and boy was it a close one. The preparation and coordination required makes Teq look like a critter. TTS have that thing down to a science, so thanks to them for sorting it all.

And then there was PvP. I've dipped my toes a little further into the water and I'm enjoying it a lot. We won 2 out of the 3 games we played so I can't complain. I definitely need to work on tunnel vision in the arena though.

Anyway, bed time!

fuzzyset

Guys, I have a quandary. I've been making an effort to get into the lore of the RPGs I play (holy shit, Warcraft / ES lore is addicting). So, I've been watching some GW lore videos. I've had GW2 since launch but still don't have any high level toons cause I've never been able to get into it but now I wanna get immersed. With the release of Living Story 2, is it worth it for me to hurry to level 80 to play it with everyone? And then go back and play the older quests/stories?

Icomp

Ok, so I did a few world events with practically the only friend who actually plays the game here in EU.

He encouraged me not to sell the rares I got on TP, that I instead would drop them into the mystic forge.

Is it like just 4 of a kind in that place or do you add gold or something into the mix?

spiritfox

Ok, so I did a few world events with practically the only friend who actually plays the game here in EU.

He encouraged me not to sell the rares I got on TP, that I instead would drop them into the mystic forge.

Is it like just 4 of a kind in that place or do you add gold or something into the mix?

4 of any similar rarity equips give you a chance to get a random equip a rarity higher. 4 of the same type of equip of the same rarity gives you a chance of the same type of equip a rarity higher. Note that I said a chance: you might just end up with the same tier of rarity for your end result. The Mystic Forge giveth, the Mystic Forge taketh away.

You might be better off selling it or salvaging it for ectos. If it's like 60s in the TP it's normally worth it to just sell it than to flush it down the Forge. Remember to use better quality salvage kits if you're salvaging though.

Morokh

Just the 4 items.

But it's really not the best advice in the world.

A rare can get you 20-45 silver instantly on the TP, in comparison putting them in the MF will give you a big chance on getting only one rare out of it, a small chance of getting an exotic item, and an abysmal chance that that exotic item is a precursor used to craft a legendary.

If you're after some gold it's a bad thing to do as you'll loose money most of the time.

Icomp

Just the 4 items.

But it's really not the best advice in the world.

A rare can get you 20-45 silver instantly on the TP, in comparison putting them in the MF will give you a big chance on getting only one rare out of it, a small chance of getting an exotic item, and an abysmal chance that that exotic item is a precursor used to craft a legendary.

If you're after some gold it's a bad thing to do as you'll loose money most of the time.

Ah I see, so that's what people mean by something akin to "I flushed down 500g down the mystic toilet! fml". That the "potential" value of the items were 500g?

You might be better off selling it or salvaging it for ectos. If it's like 60s in the TP it's normally worth it to just sell it than to flush it down the Forge. Remember to use better quality salvage kits if you're salvaging though.

Was stoked to have 5 ectos after salvaging 2 rares yesterday! That's about the time he told me to save them for the MF instead.

Is it generally speaking always better to stack berserker gear in the "end-game"? Everyone on LFG seems to be wanting that. I suppose for maximum damage output and farming purposes?

Ah I see, so that's what people mean by something akin to "I flushed down 500g down the mystic toilet! fml". That the "potential" value of the items were 500g?
It probably means they bought 500g of random weapons and then flushed then into the toilet, hoping for a certain item, and then didn't get it.

Is it generally speaking always better to stack berserker gear in the "end-game"? Everyone on LFG seems to be wanting that. I suppose for maximum damage output and farming purposes?
Most of the time, zerk and assassin's gear is best if you can handle avoiding any incoming damage. Mix in knight's, Zealot's, or Soldier gear if you need some better survivability.
Alternatively, Rampager and Rabid are good for condition builds.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ether Feast is about as beefy as it gets; obviously you must have 3 illusions up when casting. Your other options are Mirror on shorter CD but less beef, Mantra which has beef but requires pre-loading, and a heal-over-time signet (or racial heals).

I guess I should summon a clone or two and a phantasm before healing then.

Also technically the mantra heal is only beefier if you have the 3 mantra trait, right?

spiritfox

Man, Sword/Axe and GS Ranger is so fun, but the lack of range is killing me. Why can't the ranged weapons be more interesting, or more useful for that matter.

Thorgal

Guys, I have a quandary. I've been making an effort to get into the lore of the RPGs I play (holy shit, Warcraft / ES lore is addicting). So, I've been watching some GW lore videos. I've had GW2 since launch but still don't have any high level toons cause I've never been able to get into it but now I wanna get immersed. With the release of Living Story 2, is it worth it for me to hurry to level 80 to play it with everyone? And then go back and play the older quests/stories?
i wouldnt rush it since you wil burn yourself out if you do nothing but grinding.

Besides,nohing that LS2 imtroduced will go away so you can take your time .
Have fun , you will reach 80 before you know it .

if you want to do dungeons or anything else just ask .

Spirit3

So, honest answer GAF, is the new backpack really worth it? I've been farming the fire things for the past day and have amassed enough wealth it Dry Top to buy the required items (however I will have to pay for the food through the TP due to not having a craft at level 400) but my younger brother says I'm an idiot and to stop wasting my time on junk. For reference sake I have no special gear what-so-ever and look like a beginner with a level 80 character.

Hellers

So, honest answer GAF, is the new backpack really worth it? I've been farming the fire things for the past day and have amassed enough wealth it Dry Top to buy the required items (however I will have to pay for the food through the TP due to not having a craft at level 400) but my younger brother says I'm an idiot and to stop wasting my time on junk. For reference sake I have no special gear what-so-ever and look like a beginner with a level 80 character.

One of the best parts of this game is getting to play dress up. If you want the back item go get the back item. Also slap your brother. Then slap him again for good measure.

Just this one mate. Must be an exceedingly shifty seller.

You know nephew, I usually do not disagree with you but this time I have to. The Moot that is on the TP is set a very reasonable value and if I had the money I would buy it because it is the coolest Legendary weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom