• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been enjoying the story content this season a good bit. I liked this episode from a game play perspective, especially the section where there are groups doing stuff in the world to accomplish story goals.

Thorgal

I've been enjoying the story content this season a good bit. I liked this episode from a game play perspective, especially the section where there are groups doing stuff in the world to accomplish story goals.

Agreed . it blows my mind when people argue that all of LS should be instanced and experienced alone .

Don't get me wrong , not all of it has to be but only when it is Apropriate .
For example , when Belinda dies , would the scene then have the same impact if 50 people where running around shooting firework and whatnot ? no . so yes instance that part .

However when you had to collect the samples and free people from Mordremoth's corruption in iron marches and destroy the totem in frostgorge it felt normal to be done with multiple people .

Hell , i stormed that Svanir camp with a massive zerg and it was Glorious .

Of course this comes with a few draw backs :

-Since the event is not activated by the player you can arrive at set event at any time and might even have to wait until it reset's itself .
- The idea of "you are the hero of the story" get's diminished by a lot when there are 50-100 other heroes running along with you .
-And of course , making it a place where lots of people come toghether , those with not as stong PC's will encounter big Framedrops in the area .

So yes it has it's drawbacks , but i wouldn't have it any other way .

To give another example : I was not arounds at the time during LS 1 but i have manny times heard about how great the Marionette world event fight was and i have to ask : would that event have left such good memory's of it if you had to do it in a closed instance ? i doubt it

TL.DR : allow world event's to happen in the LS but only when appropriate .

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
1. If GMG is out of stock, dunno.

2. Scarlet bombed it. Lion's Arch was seiged, burned to the ground, a giant drill was placed near it. We brought the drill down, but the effects are ongoing. Was a heck of a thing.

3. The trait system was redone entirely.

4. Culling was removed. So now your client renders a lot more stuff. Try lowering your Model Limit and Model Quality settings until framerate is acceptable.

5. Funny should should mention that, but Season 2 is all about a new dragon threat that was woken up due to events in Season 1. You'll want to unlock Season 2 episodes 1 and 2, if you missed them. Log in now to unlock episode 3 for free.

Great, so as soon as I leave Scarlett decides to do something.

Thanks for the info! Anyone have any experience at playing with a low-level buddy using a high level character but not making it easy? My gf is going to start playing but I don't want to remake any of my characters though I'm worried I'll either make it too easy (wearing all but my accessories) or too difficult (wearing nothing but my weapons) if I play with a lvl 80.

Edit: Also did they add skills? I saw some skills not purchased including a few heals for 25 skill points.

spiritfox

Thanks for the info! Anyone have any experience at playing with a low-level buddy using a high level character but not making it easy? My gf is going to start playing but I don't want to remake any of my characters though I'm worried I'll either make it too easy (wearing all but my accessories) or too difficult (wearing nothing but my weapons) if I play with a lvl 80.

Edit: Also did they add skills? I saw some skills not purchased including a few heals for 25 skill points.

They added 2 new heal spells, 1 per class and 1 as part of an event.

You can just wear lower lvl equipment or less equipment if it's too easy, but the lvl scaling should make it not such a cakewalk.

Moondrop

Banned
I want to do this soon. I'm getting the itch to try something new.
I'm worried that when Zeroth and Ike get involved with spvp they're going to take it to another level. Hopefully they'll drag us all behind them like fractals. ;)

I've confirmed that tpvp is now basically yoloq with better rewards. Only compared to yoloq, we would come in with a huge, quantifiable advantage! If I seem like I'm overly animated about this, that's the reason. Not because I'm dieing for rewards or can't get a pvp fix, but because this gigantic market inefficiency is staring us all in the face. I wouldn't be surprised if they patched this and forced people back to yoloq in the future.

In other news I think I'm picking up the workings of thief in pvp. I love using Hidden Thief over Mug. Blind field on down may be the most deliciously broken of all thief tricks. And thief allows you to be creative on the battlefield in ways other classes I've played can't even contemplate.

Thorgal

I'm worried that when Zeroth and Ike get involved with spvp they're going to take it to another level. Hopefully they'll drag us all behind them like fractals. ;)

I've confirmed that tpvp is now basically yoloq with better rewards. Only compared to tpvp, we would come in with a huge, quantifiable advantage! If I seem like I'm overly animated about this, that's the reason. Not because I'm dieing for rewards or can't get a pvp fix, but because this gigantic market inefficiency is staring us all in the face. I wouldn't be surprised if they patched this and forced people back to yoloq in the future.

In other news I think I'm picking up the workings of thief in pvp. I love using Hidden Thief over Mug. Blind field on down may be the most deliciously broken of all thief tricks. And thief allows you to be creative on the battlefield in ways other classes I've played can't even contemplate.

I wouldn't mind jumping in a match when i can .

Anyway , i Just tested my connection with Ping plotter because Anet Requested it i did it and send the file back to them .
i surprisingly did not encounter any disconnects this time .

However looking at the graph results something is still not right .

naamloos88qmt.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

what you can do once she gets to level 20ish is go into areas that are a bit on the high side for her, like 5-7 levels too high, and see how the challenge is. It's tons of XP

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
what you can do once she gets to level 20ish is go into areas that are a bit on the high side for her, like 5-7 levels too high, and see how the challenge is. It's tons of XP

I think that's why I might just do, especially since when solo'ing that's what I would do.

But she might want to stick to the path her personal story takes her. She looked at me with disgust when I said I hadn't finished my personal story on any of my 10 characters.

nataku

This episode seemed pretty wonky to me. I'm under the impression that there were supposed to be a bunch of events when
collecting the crown pieces.

Instead I just walked up to each piece and took it. No fighting, no enemies around, nothing. I just clicked the spot and waypointed to the next location. It was incredibly boring.

The only event I saw was the ghost machine for the first one.

Levyne

Banned
This episode seemed pretty wonky to me. I'm under the impression that there were supposed to be a bunch of events when

Instead I just walked up to each piece and took it. No fighting, no enemies around, nothing. I just clicked the spot and waypointed to the next location. It was incredibly boring.

II wonder if they should have just implemented those items via a UI chest after quest completion.

I was referring to the
battle events in the Iron Marches.

BraXzy

Some FBI stuff going down on this page.

I should probably get round to finishing this episode so I can look at what you're talking about.

Moondrop

Banned
Time to install the gw2 client
I'd consider this if I had a more concealed monitor position. But when I'm the only one there I just leave. :p

Is Antitoxin heal even that useful?
No, in the sense it's not very useful outside its intended event. Still there are surely conditions where it would outheal profession-specific heals, but the only one I can think of is if you keep running into a pack of WvW roamers consisting of a perplexity engi and a condi thief.

Well, my show wrapped up this weekend so I can finally get back into this game in earnest. I want to start building up my defensive/support character, but I don't really feel like grinding dungeons like crazy. There any good place for some somewhat cheap exotic armor? Or maybe I'll just level up armorsmithing and make my own. Haha.

I'm also levelling a Human Female Thief. It's the first alt I've had that I'm really gonna try and get to 80.

spiritfox

with rosebud

which is his father

Well, my show wrapped up this weekend so I can finally get back into this game in earnest. I want to start building up my defensive/support character, but I don't really feel like grinding dungeons like crazy. There any good place for some somewhat cheap exotic armor? Or maybe I'll just level up armorsmithing and make my own. Haha.

I'm also levelling a Human Female Thief. It's the first alt I've had that I'm really gonna try and get to 80.

Temples give you exos for karma. Grenth now has zerk armors, which is pretty much all you need in PvE. Also, if you have Badges of Honor, you can trade them in for exos too. Just remember that you can't salvage any of these armors, so if you want to upgrade you'll have to get new runes or an Upgrade Extractor.

Levyne

Banned

The WvW armor duder has a lot of the armor prefixes available; a full set for ~5 gold and ~1000 badges if you've got some around from achievement chests or such.

The Orr temples were also reorganized to each carry an armor set for ~250k karma

Callunah

Neo Member
Streak of luck holding strong.. Today??? The Energizer.... the legendary precursor for the Mace. LOL Please dont hate me!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Interesting. I just got a fatal error when launching gw2. First time for everything.

Thankfully I will have my new laptop on Wed, and hopefully I won't have to deal with issues like this.
crossing fingers

Streak of luck holding strong.. Today??? The Energizer.... the legendary precursor for the Mace. LOL Please dont hate me!

You have to be joking. That is insane luck!

Here's my setup: All 20 slotters, with the window scaled so each row is 10 blocks, so I know that each two rows is a bag. This helps with mentally separating which rows are what, since I have 'show bags' off. Obviously, how a person manages their inventory is idiosyncratic, I'm not trying to claim my way is best, or someone else's way isn't what suits them.

20 Slot Starter: First few slots are utility/food, the rest ends up being the unsorted junk you get from playing, usually Living Story crap.

20 Slot Ancient Karka: Overflow bag for stuff that isn't sorted, or if autosort bags are full.

20 Slot Fractal Exotic AutoSorter: Exotic items picked up are automatically sorted into here, currently contains my spare set of armour just in case.

20 Slot Fractal Rare AutoSorter: Rare items picked up are automatically sorted into here. The first few slots contain salvage tools, since I salvage rares and the Uncommon stuff below it.

20 Slot Fractal Uncommon AutoSorter: Blues and Greens automatically get sorted into here, making salvaging them fast easy.

20 Slot Craftsman AutoSorter: All crafting materials gathered go here automatically, including Agony Infusions.

20 Slot Oiled AutoSorter: All trophy (junk) items, things that sell when you click 'sell junk' at a vendor, automatically goes in here.

20 Slot Invisible Pack: Items in here don't show up on sell/buy, and don't get sent to Collections when you 'Deposit All Collectables'. The first three slots are my teleport stones (Hall of Monuments, Home, Royal Plaza', while the rest of the row being random consumables/boosters like Guild Flags. The second row is all the personal boosters and utility, like repair cannisters. I try to keep 10 of each, but I seem to have built up a few while I wasn't looking. The final slot is for dancing.

Everything automatically ends up where it needs to be, which makes knowing what to salvage/sell at a glance quite easy. It also saves on a lot of screen real estate, since the inventory window only takes up half the screen, so I can have it up while fighting, if I need to do stuff in it while in combat. Screenshot was taken in windowed mode with GW2 snapped to half my screen size, because I was looking at it while typing.

EDIT: For some reason, Foxfire does not go into the crafting mats bag. I think Anet forgot to set a flag on it, or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of healing, what's a good heal for a phantasm mesmer? Ether Feast doesn't feel... beefy for me.

CoffeeMan

Here's my setup: All 20 slotters, with the window scaled so each row is 10 blocks, so I know that each two rows is a bag. This helps with mentally separating which rows are what, since I have 'show bags' off. Obviously, how a person manages their inventory is idiosyncratic, I'm not trying to claim my way is best, or someone else's way isn't what suits them.

20 Slot Starter: First few slots are utility/food, the rest ends up being the unsorted junk you get from playing, usually Living Story crap.

20 Slot Ancient Karka: Overflow bag for stuff that isn't sorted, or if autosort bags are full.

20 Slot Fractal Exotic AutoSorter: Exotic items picked up are automatically sorted into here, currently contains my spare set of armour just in case.

20 Slot Fractal Rare AutoSorter: Rare items picked up are automatically sorted into here. The first few slots contain salvage tools, since I salvage rares and the Uncommon stuff below it.

20 Slot Fractal Uncommon AutoSorter: Blues and Greens automatically get sorted into here, making salvaging them fast easy.

20 Slot Craftsman AutoSorter: All crafting materials gathered go here automatically, including Agony Infusions.

20 Slot Oiled AutoSorter: All trophy (junk) items, things that sell when you click 'sell junk' at a vendor, automatically goes in here.

20 Slot Invisible Pack: Items in here don't show up on sell/buy, and don't get sent to Collections when you 'Deposit All Collectables'. The first three slots are my teleport stones (Hall of Monuments, Home, Royal Plaza', while the rest of the row being random consumables/boosters like Guild Flags. The second row is all the personal boosters and utility, like repair cannisters. I try to keep 10 of each, but I seem to have built up a few while I wasn't looking. The final slot is for dancing.

Everything automatically ends up where it needs to be, which makes knowing what to salvage/sell at a glance quite easy. It also saves on a lot of screen real estate, since the inventory window only takes up half the screen, so I can have it up while fighting, if I need to do stuff in it while in combat. Screenshot was taken in windowed mode with GW2 snapped to half my screen size, because I was looking at it while typing.

I might steal this

I did some testing, and GW2 seems to check from the last slot to the first in terms of where to store things. So when you pick up an exotic, it goes from the last bag to the first, and if it doesn't find a good place to put it, it puts it in the first available slot starting from the first slot. I don't know if it's changed at all since launch, but since everything still sorts to where it's supposed to, I'm assuming not. Not sure if I'm explaining it right - but if you use autosort bags and find things aren't ending up where they're supposed to, like I did, just change the order in which you have the bags.

GW2 does not get enough credit for how easy it is to manage your inventory, swap out bags, etc, without having to install extra mods and stuff.

Thorgal

EDIT: For some reason, Foxfire does not go into the crafting mats bag. I think Anet forgot to set a flag on it, or something.

Saved .

I won't show what my bank looks like though. It's a gorram mess, and I can't find a good way to sort stuff. Stupid ascended rings and various currencies that may or may not be used again in the future...

Your screenshot reminds me, I need to start stocking up on important potions. I recognize the Scarlet Slayer and Toxic Oil in your shot, but what are the others?

That row of potions from left to right is Dredge, Elemental, Grawl, Outlaw, Scarlet, and Sons of Svanir. Basically the most useful ones for Fractals.

After that is Maintenance Oil, Sharpening Stones, Omnomberry Ghosts, and Orrian Steak Frittes.

No Dolyak Tonic though.

I never had any other Dolyaks to play with, so I stopped carrying it.

That row of potions from left to right is Dredge, Elemental, Grawl, Outlaw, Scarlet, and Sons of Svanir. Basically the most useful ones for Fractals.

After that is Maintenance Oil, Sharpening Stones, Omnomberry Ghosts, and Orrian Steak Frittes.

Ah, thanks. If I'm going to run more Fractals, I should get these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom