• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taffer

That trait seems kind of, um, awesome? How are the Necro elite cooldowns, any under 100s?

Just the Flesh Golem (60s untraited), but he's the handiest of the elites when roaming around anyway. Plague & Lich Form both have a 3-minute cooldown.

Hope nobody just used their keys. :p

wxaCzQH.png

Thorgal

So here is an amazing story .

Here i am finishing my armorsmithing leveling and i decided to toss the left over items in the Mystic Toilet.

While i am at it i decided to toss a few yellows in there as well and lo and behold what pops out :

gw22014-08-0622-03-55a0uiw.png

Thank you toilet ! :p

Even more amazing is that this was only my 3rd time tossing unwanted items in it .

I see a legendary in my future .

jersoc

New Build = Adding the trinity back in. THEY'RE FINALLY LISTENING TO THE FORUMS, GUYS!

I hope they never listen to the forums.

the trinity doesnt even matter. the dungeons are shit, imo. trinity isnt even needed in open world. I don't hate the trinity, but i also dont think its needed.

Callunah

Neo Member

Here i am finishing my armorsmithing leveling and i decided to toss the left over items in the Mystic Toilet.

While i am at it i decided to toss a few yellows in there as well and lo and behold what pops out :

Even more amazing is that this was only my 3rd time tossing unwanted items in it .

Congratz to you!!!!! =)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When did GAFGuild become a precursor magnet? Sheeeeesh
Just the Flesh Golem (60s untraited), but he's the handiest of the elites when roaming around anyway. Plague & Lich Form both have a 3-minute cooldown.
aha *scribbles furiously*

wxaCzQH.png

oh...

the part where I committed to not buying keys anymore did not account for this sort of scenario

help

I like the dungeons, but I think the encounter designs could be more interesting. Trash fights, and even a lot of bosses, tend to be boring.

That said, I haven't done the TA Aetherpath or the Molten Facility, so things may have improved drastically. They certainly have in other content. Really excited to see the next dungeon that ANet puts out, whenever that is.

Well your opinion on his opinion is shit in my opinion

I'm of the opinion that your opinion on my opinion of his opinion has zero bearing on any of the opinions regarding the nature of opinions or opinions about opinions when it comes to one's opinions about people's opinions on dungeons

EDIT: Trash fights are always boring - that's why they're trash fights. I don't think you could make trash fights interesting, because then they wouldn't be trash fights anymore, they'd be full-fledged encounters. Sure, some of the bosses in the various dungeons are a bit bland, since they rely too heavily on established MMO (thus, WoW) tropes. I'd like it if ArenaNet innovated a bit more with encounters inside their own sphere, instead of falling back on tried-and-true stuff from WoW.

Retro

The dungeons are not shit. You might not like them, but they are not objectively shit.

He said in his opinion, that's fair.

Well, I think his opinion is shit, imo.

Well your opinion on his opinion is shit in my opinion

I'm of the opinion that your opinion on my opinion of his opinion has zero bearing on any of the opinions regarding the nature of opinions or opinions about opinions when it comes to one's opinions about people's opinions on dungeons.

tumblr_mwqahar91q1rh2hir2q.gif

Ashodin

HERE WE GO BABY

This Friday!

stay tuned until the end of the show for another installment of the Skill Bar with Karl McLain where he will preview upcoming changes to the Warrior and Thief professions.

HAWKIAN ON SUICIDE WATCH

Moondrop

Banned
Ooh, this will be a big balance preview for my characters. The last one has me essentially stowing my ranger until FP2. I probably won't be able to watch this; hopefully Ash or someone else will be all over it like the first.

I have absolutely zero guesses on what will be changed for warrior, either nerfs or buffs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I actually like the trash fights in dungeons. I legitimately love the combat system in this game and find it satisfying merely to clear a room of enemies either without breaking a sweat, or scraping by with multiple people down and a last-second rally. Any room of stuff to kill is enjoyable to me because the actual act of playing the game to kill them is enjoyable to me. I imagine this has a lot to do with a gamepad, but I can tell you that if it was not the case I would have stopped playing long ago.

I wish there were more unskippable encounters with multiple champions and fights designed to test skill in ways that couldn't be bypassed. That doesn't mean making everything unskippable by any stretch of the imagination but there are very few rooms that are not bosses. Of course this would increase net difficulty and there are, believe it or not, a nonzero number of players in the GW2 userbase that considers its dungeons very difficult.

HAWKIAN ON SUICIDE WATCH
whateverrrr bring on the nerfs!

Ashodin

I just realized the reason they're making keys get scraps higher is because there's no new weapons in the next update. Everything will be five tickets from here on out until they add new ones.

Bleh.

BraXzy

It looks like the Norn Guardian has taken your top spot again, kick that guy to the curb!

wxaCzQH.png

Crap, I bought a few the other day. I guess a few more won't hurt!

Congrats on that but.. inside I hate you.
I don't but damn everyone's luck recently xD

Mxrz

All this precursor stuff makes me want to dig up Scarlet, cast rebirth, and finish the job.

Don't find dungeons a good example of GW2's combat. In PvP classes can differentiate themselves. Dungeons are mostly stack-n-smack dps. Hopefully future stuff is livened up more. My ideal run would probably be no trash mobs, no skippable stuff, just a series of boss encounters. Maybe with some environmental puzzles. Aether path isn't too far off.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
weird their isnt any patch notes.

only wiki info is this

Guild Wars 2 Wiki Notes
The amount of champions spawning during Defeat the shadow behemoth has been increased.
Build: 37,160

Dungeons are mostly stack-n-smack dps

If people choose to play in such a cheap, exploitive way, sure. Play them normally however, and they're far more engaging. Stacking in a corner to LoS and mash-F-to-res-the-zerkers, isn't what I consider representative of player ability or the dungeon's design, it's just a lame exploit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All this precursor stuff makes me want to dig up Scarlet, cast rebirth, and finish the job.

Don't find dungeons a good example of GW2's combat. In PvP classes can differentiate themselves. Dungeons are mostly stack-n-smack dps.
I hate stacking and won't unless it is absolutely required of me.I but yes, pvp is a much better showcase of how deep the combat can be.
My ideal run would probably be no trash mobs, no skippable stuff, just a series of boss encounters.
that is my ideal GAME!

Anno

So when someone inevitably finds the shield precursor sometime in the next hour or two please let me know. I'll pay well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom