• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Too many charr on this page. Almost to the next, thankfully.

Charr for the new page.

LBi4kRk.jpg

spiritfox

They scale according to window size, so there's no need to quote. Unless you run your browser fullscreen or something, who does that?

I do. Guess I'm just old school that way.

Why do I want to know where that Rytlock is from? It'll just end in tears anyway.

Uh.. yeah ..

That's stupid . *cough.

I do. Guess I'm just old school that way.

Why do I want to know where that Rytlock is from? It'll just end in tears anyway.

Fullscreen user here, too. Because why the hell not.

Because:

VS

Perhaps I'm just too much of a Virgo, but I would go insane wasting that much screen space on... nothing.

I mean, just look - nobody's post is even longer than half my screen width, so why in the heck would I waste an entire half of a screen? :p

Besides, that Charr art was glorious, and deserves your full attention (and screen).

It's from the best commercial for one of the best bits of content the game had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qEESY4x4U - which was a parody of an actual commercial, I just can't recall which one.

Rytlock_win.gif

BraXzy

I wish I could depict the sorry state my work laptop (which I'm typing this from and played gw2 from during the week) is in too. It takes over 4 minutes to boot into Windows. It's like technology is just out to get me. I don't get it. I take great care of them why won't they take care of meeee ;_;

I don't think anyone can beat me for worst laptop of the year award. It's going back a few years, but before I dropped a bomb on a fancy new desktop, I made do with a cheapo refurb laptop which was such a pain. One of keys was missing, and a couple more broke off from use because they were on their way out anyway I guess, I'm not heavy handed as far as I'm aware. So I was dealing with a number of missing keys, and then one of the hinges went so it was really wobbly.

At the time I was quite into WoW, god knows how since on lowest settings I averaged 15 FPS and the acreen was tiny. The problem was, it was one of these stupid Dell laptops with a little knob in the middle of the keyboard to act as a second mouse. It was faulty though, and whenever I typed on the keyboard the mouse woyld move, which gradually drove me mad when playing and typing. This led me to pull out the keyboard and snip its silly little wire. The tampering made the second hinge give up on life and so I had a screen that could detach completely and had to prop against something like a wall to use.

I still need to get around to smashing it up with a hammer or something for closure lmao.
Half joking.

SBI does daily TEQ runs at 8 PM EST.

If you want a table of wold boss events use this one :

http://gw2timer.com/?page=Chains

I personally use the dragon timers site but each one works perfectly well, it's all down to preference. The dragon aite allows you to tick off which chests you've grabbed ao you can quickly double check which you've done for the day. Since I'm quite forgetful it is a godsend hehe.

I've seen the LFG tool used for some cool stuff lately in the top section, from world bosses to LW missions to Orr Temples to karka farming. Very neat addition to the game with the advantages of megaservers taken into account.

The LFG is such an awesome tool. I've used it for last minute Teq finds, high tier Dry Tops and of course various dungeon runs.

nataku

Because:

VS

Perhaps I'm just too much of a Virgo, but I would go insane wasting that much screen space on... nothing.

I mean, just look - nobody's post is even longer than half my screen width, so why in the heck would I waste an entire half of a screen? :p

Besides, that Charr art was glorious, and deserves your full attention (and screen).

It's from the best commercial for one of the best bits of content the game had: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6qEESY4x4U - which was a parody of an actual commercial, I just can't recall which one.

Rytlock_win.gif

Because my internet browsing isn't only GAF, and plenty of websites DO take advantage of the space.

BraXzy

I am also in the fullscreen group. I mean, if I'm doing something specific that benefits from having it to the side I'll put it to half the screen but other than that, there's not really anything else I'm gonna put next to it. Plus, if it'd just be irritating maximizing the window evety time I look at a high res screenshot or wallpaper or video etc.

Retro

1 Where do i find this Jp ?

Caledon forest. It's towards the middle of the map on the western side, in an area maked "Sandycove Beach". There's a bunch of little sandy valleys in the area, look for one with a bunch of drakes in it, the entry point is up some rocks at the back.

BraXzy

I've still only done about a third of the jumping puzzles in the game I think, but then again, I haven't checked those achievements in awhile.

BraXzy

Look up Griphon Rook Jumping Puzzle in Lornar's Pass. It is so beautiful and so easy. Try it out.

Lornar's Pass is still a zone I have yet to properly visit so I'll definitely make a pit stop at this jumping puzzle. Any others you'd recommend that I might not have come across?

Zeroth

Seems like my guardian got the "stuck on loading screen" glitch. Do I fill a support ticket or just wait until it fixes by itself?

nataku

I posted as much right below my post. :p

Fair enough. Though I can't imagine a website needing a full 1920 horizontal, that'd just be poor design. (I realize not everyone runs 1920x1080).

Image gallery websites and the like, things like artstation or drawcrowd.

Image gallery websites and the like, things like artstation or drawcrowd.

You actually make my point:

Both sites have excellent fluid design, and scale themselves properly based on window size. In fact, Artstation is *perfect* in terms of viewing space and functionality, at half 1920. Four thumbs per row is generally just right for people's attention, anything higher and most people gloss over or don't really focus on the art enough to see what's there, their eyes just go for whatever is the most high-contrast or the quickest pattern-match to a preference.

But, when viewing an actual piece of art on there, having a larger window works better especially for landscape images, so I concede that point.

Drawcrowd's design is similar and also good, but it doesn't scale well into half 1920 (poor programming),

What's the story behind this picture? I mean, God forbid people with families can enjoy the game.

Whiny child upset that Guild Wars 2 had "kiddie 8-bit retro nostalgia" minigame added to it for fun. The sentiment was pretty widespread among the "if it looks like a NES game it must be shit" crowd, usually teens.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
my guardian right now is still unplayable, ive had emails from support about the issue, (shes stuck like many others). i asked if they could some how port me to another map they said its impossible. for now ive made a new hero (Angelina Chay) which is a warrior.

those wondering why i use angel/chay alot thats actually my real name, which i had changed to

Zeroth

my guardian right now is still unplayable, ive had emails from support about the issue, (shes stuck like many others). i asked if they could some how port me to another map they said its impossible. for now ive made a new hero (Angelina Chay) which is a warrior.

those wondering why i use angel/chay alot thats actually my real name, which i had changed to

Have you tried guesting to another server? I guested to BlackGate and it fixed my issue

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Have you tried guesting to another server? I guested to BlackGate and it fixed my issue

guested to two different servers n nothing same problem, flushed dns, and numerous other tricks. i did the prefreset on gw2.exe and still problem

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm really confused what The Mists is anyway.

So it's like afterlife except the living can go there and come out?

Anyway I have 156g and I need to make more for those 25 keys :(

Mxrz

Try deleting your local dat? Helped me once.

Always thought of the Mist as like the gooey existence between other planes. You have the Underworld. Fissure of Woe. Hall of Heroes. Domain of Anguish, Various other maps, WvW Borderlands, Eternal Battleground, EotM, and all the pvp gw2 pvp maps floating around.

Triple Trouble Wurms are some of the best fights in the entire game, but the preparation and jumping around servers is not worth it to me. I got really lucky and got into two straight TTS runs and consecutive successful decaps on Cobalt and Crimson this past week, and that was only because I spur-of-the-moment accepted a Zeroth gchat advertisement for a Triple Trouble run. I never ran it other than when the event first came out and rocked every PUG to infinity and beyond.

So naturally with two successful decaps I just had to go for the third wurm. Sucked trying to get onto the correct server on subsequent days. Doesn't matter if you get on a map 90 minutes early, since maps change at the last minute. The frustration of trying to get on an organized map, of which only two maps exist during my typical playing hours, is something I do not wish on anyone, other than maybe Kos. My advice for anyone wanting to tackle Triple Trouble, which are three great fights with 150 people on teamspeak, is to join the actual guilds organizing them (TTS, ? ATT) to get a better shot at joining the correct server. TTS requires an online application from their website to join their guild.

I got my Amber kill today thanks to Solaire, so goodbye Triple Trouble. The prep time is too hardcore for me to run more than those few times.

Shiokazu

im sorry for being out for so much time lately.

im working towards publishing one of my novels, and it takes some effort. also, kiseki really takes my time.

i also had a break to say FUCK IT UP and play saints row because... well... i was really needing to blow people up.

literally.

Korten

Banned
Slighty off topic but I was wondering if someone could help me... This problem occurs in every game but I'll use GW2 as my example:

If you're wondering why the images are taken from a phone, well because apparently this issue is not caught in screenshots.

Windowed Fullscreen:

UwZ.png
VwZ.png

Fullscreen:

QwZ.png
TwZ.jpg

Not sure how many of you will notice, but in the Fullscreen images, the text and character seem... rounded and almost fading at the edges.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series card, and this issue has been annoying me for a while. Wondering if anyone in the guild is a tech guru and could explain how to fix this...

Katoki

I don't think anyone can beat me for worst laptop of the year award. It's going back a few years, but before I dropped a bomb on a fancy new desktop, I made do with a cheapo refurb laptop which was such a pain. One of keys was missing, and a couple more broke off from use because they were on their way out anyway I guess, I'm not heavy handed as far as I'm aware. So I was dealing with a number of missing keys, and then one of the hinges went so it was really wobbly.

At the time I was quite into WoW, god knows how since on lowest settings I averaged 15 FPS and the acreen was tiny. The problem was, it was one of these stupid Dell laptops with a little knob in the middle of the keyboard to act as a second mouse. It was faulty though, and whenever I typed on the keyboard the mouse woyld move, which gradually drove me mad when playing and typing. This led me to pull out the keyboard and snip its silly little wire. The tampering made the second hinge give up on life and so I had a screen that could detach completely and had to prop against something like a wall to use.

I still need to get around to smashing it up with a hammer or something for closure lmao.
Half joking.

Dell Latitude D620/630? The other one I know of has like a 15" screen so it's way too big to fit the description though it depends on what your definition of tiny screen is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom