• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
Not all that great in PvE though.
Stealth? No, it's rather disappointing; I've been thinking of necro-quoting one of your posts from a couple weeks back about how PvE enemies don't truly acknowledge your stealth in that they are always aware of your position.

Which makes sense when we break it down mechanically. Stealthed or not, there must always be an accounting of your position relative to the mob to determine if you are still in combat, as well as for the hidden aggro calculations. But then when your stealth breaks, they turn and unload on you instantly, because unlike a human player they "know" where you are the whole time.

But knowing these mechanics is useful: ranger pets react to stealth in this way. ;)

Katoki

So little gets done when you manually run across Tyria since it takes up so much time.

Stealthed or not, there must always be an accounting of your position relative to the mob to determine if you are still in combat, as well as for the hidden aggro calculations. But then when your stealth breaks, they turn and unload on you instantly, because unlike a human player they "know" where you are the whole time.

The same way targeted channeled skills will track you down too.

Retro

For the new page, the complete notes from Today's Warrior / Thief preview;

THIEF

Traits
  • Panic Strike – duration of immobilization too long (5.25s baseline), reduced it to 2.5 s. Reduced the cooldown from 30s to 20s so you will be able to use it more often.
  • Invigorating Precision – Increased from 5% to 8% of your crit dmg returned as health to you.
  • Ricochet – In addition to bouncing your pistol shots, this trait now Increase the range of your pistol shots. From 900m to 1050m range increase. Also some bug fixes to how Ricochet works, it will bounce more reliability.
  • Assasin’s Equilibrium – The amount of stability it grants increased from 1s to 1.5s
  • Venomous Aura – Previously, if you applied venom to an ally, they applied conditions using their own stats. You now will use your own condition stats. Other venoms like Leeching Venoms will use your own healing stat. Basilisk Venom, however, remains as an interrupt through the target you have applied the venom to.

Weapons
  • Dagger Strike/Wild Strike/Lotus Strike now hits up to 2 targets. Previous it only hit 1 target and became difficult for targets with pets etc. The defensive measures on these skills such as endurance gain from Wild Strike will only apply once.
  • Black Powder – interval of the skill increased from 1 to 2s while the duration of the blind applied decreased to 2s. The projectile still applies 2s of blind.
  • Unload – Cast time reduced from 1.75s to 1.5s for overall 20% reduction
  • Choking Gas – has a small strike when impacting the ground. If you are in stealth when this ability hits the ground, you will be revealed.In addition, you will be able to apply on crit procs or your venoms to enemies with this ability.
  • Flanking Strike – Initiative cost of Flanking Strike and Larcenous Strike have had their initiatives costs changed. Flanking cost gone up from 3 to 4 initiative while Larcenous Strike gone down from 2 to 1 initiative cost. Flanking Strike now requires a hit to turn into Larcenous Strike. This means that you can evade multiple times but it will cost you a bit more initiative.

WARRIOR
Adrenaline
  • We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. Additionally, Adrenaline will now decay when you leave combat so it is more beneficial for you to use the adrenaline skills rather than carrying them to the next fight.

Traits
  • Rousing Resilience – Give you up to 8s of bonus toughness, increase from previous 4s.
  • Brawler’s Recovery – Now remove a single condition on weapon swap rather than just blind.

Greatsword
  • Hundred Blade damage reduced by 5% for the initial strikes, final strike remains same.
  • Whirlwind Attack also received 5% damage decrease
  • Arcing Slice – This ability is more executioner style, it will deal damage to 5 targets in an area and deal bonus damage to enemies below 50% HP.

Rifle
  • Bleeding Shot – this ability no longer applies Bleed and renamed to Fierce Shot. Fierce Shot has a 20% damage increase and will give extra adrenaline against targets with vulnerability debuff.

Axe
  • Whirling Axe – Axe offhand #5 skill has its damage increased by 17%, cooldown reduced to 15s.

Mace
  • Pulverize – Third strike of your mace autoattack has its cast time reduced by 25%

Sword
  • Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.

Utilities
  • Signet of Rage – boon duration of this ability reduced by 5s (might/fury etc will only last for 25s base), adrenaline gain increased by 50%
  • Signet of Might – You now have 6s to deliver unblockable attacks instead of 5 attacks.
  • Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.
  • Banners – Sprint ability no longer give an attack, will remove crippled/chilled and sprint a short instance
  • Rampage – We want this elite to make you feel more like a juggernaut when you enter this transform. Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities
  • Increased the velocity of Throw Boulder so it is easier for you to stun ranged moving enemies.

Shiokazu

thanks to the thread about the passing of one of the members of the forums, i came to realize that even internet people have their time.

so, i just came by to say, because tomorrow might be too late: im really found of you people from the guild, you guys are awesome people, warriors, companions and friends.

thank you for all the good time we had together, i hope we can have it for hundreds of hundred years more.

(lets just believe ok?)

Retro

New PVP mode is being worked on;

Jonathan Sharp said:
@:“Is sPvP ever going to be more than Conquest?”
Yes. =)

@: Balance: it’s something we’re definitely keeping in mind as we experiment with different game types. Some things carry over just fine from Conquest, others become weaker, and others become stronger. It’s inherent/to be expected in having different goals in different game modes.
I can’t give out too much info, but I can let you know that we are working on a new game mode. (source)

thanks to the thread about the passing of one of the members of the forums, i came to realize that even internet people have their time.

so, i just came by to say, because tomorrow might be too late: im really found of you people from the guild, you guys are awesome people, warriors, companions and friends.

thank you for all the good time we had together, i hope we can have it for hundreds of hundred years more.

(lets just believe ok?)

I've been in kind of a mood myself because of that. It doesn't help that he was two years younger than me (and probably in better shape). For what it's worth, this community has been great and I consider everyone who was, is and will be part of GAFGuild to be a genuinely awesome person.

Ashodin

Most likely the current upcoming balance changes are also taking into account the upcoming sPVP type.

Also can we say "included in feature pack 2"?

Katoki

Screw the love, that adrenaline nerf will affect WvW hammer trains, no?

I only see it difficult for those that take a while between each engagement such as for longer distances but even then I had issues back when I did play one. Am I missing something?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
they won't be able to open every fight with a billion backbreakers, yeah, hammer will still be amazing for control though so shrug

Ketch

Hi guys, I'm Klaeri in the guild. Just wanted to jump in here and say thanks to everybody whose been dragging me around with them through dungeons and pvp lately. I haven't played in such a long time, and I was never really into it that much anyway... but over the last couple days I've been having more fun with this game then I ever did when I played before.

Maybe I'll stick with it a bit longer this time.

Retro

Hi guys, I'm Klaeri in the guild. Just wanted to jump in here and say thanks to everybody whose been dragging me around with them through dungeons and pvp lately. I haven't played in such a long time, and I was never really into it that much anyway... but over the last couple days I've been having more fun with this game then I ever did when I played before.

Guild Wars 2 is a great game.
GAF Guild just makes it better.

Zeroth

No worries Ketch, we need to get you to try some world bosses like Triple Wurm and Tequatl, they're plenty of fun too :)

TrounceX

Screw the love, that adrenaline nerf will affect WvW hammer trains, no?

Well, if it becomes the case where the majority of the time your warriors will not have adrenaline on inc, then suddenly leap openers make a lot less sense. Which is lame because I love leap openers.

Retro

Well, if it becomes the case where the majority of the time your warriors will not have adrenaline on inc, then suddenly leap openers make a lot less sense. Which is lame because I love leap openers.

Healing Surge's adrenaline generation is going to bring it back into vogue for exactly that purpose.

Thorgal

I just realized the significance of this change :

Signet of Might – You now have 6 seconds to deliver as many unblockable attacks as you can instead of only 5 attacks.

I here by dub this “Signet of Wreck-a-Guardian.” .

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I now have 215g... but now I don't want to spend it into keys. So I think I'll venture into key farming.

Is it true that the fastest one is Human Warrior with Commonfolk?

Boss Doggie

hmm his Guardian has a point. I think I'll go Guardian then and call this hairless ape Klefki Hunter

Moondrop

Banned
I think y'all shouldn't worry much about adrenaline generation for WvW hammer train purposes.
- The faster out of combat degeneration shouldn't affect WvW; it's relatively rare that you're fighting one group of enemies, dispatch them, and another immediately appears.
- The Berserker's Stance adrenaline nerf is aimed at PvP. It'll affect the level of your Earthshaker, but you'll still have enough to pull it off.
- Most adrenaline generation in WvW comes from delivering and receiving hits (via Cleansing Ire), and that doesn't seem to be changing.

Ultimately I predict you'll still be able to throw out as many Earthshakers, though perhaps not as many at full adrenaline.

BraXzy

Bah, I hate how Skip Cutscene is broken in Human intro.

Based on that guys video you get 3-4 keys an hour right? I doubt I'd ever do that for money just because I'm unlucky and would always get boosters drop lol.

If you do it for a few hours report back with your progress all the same :D

Zeroth

I couldnt for my life keyfarm. Could you make money out of it? Sure. However, people getting contracts below 100 runs are the exception, not the rule.

Not to mention, it can bore you to death doing the same thing over and over.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think y'all shouldn't worry much about adrenaline generation for WvW hammer train purposes.
- The faster out of combat degeneration shouldn't affect WvW; it's relatively rare that you're fighting one group of enemies, dispatch them, and another immediately appears.
how does this not mean you won't be able to open fights with earthquakes leaps anymore? I've only ever been on the receiving end so I'm legitimately asking.

oh I see you get thirty seconds

Boss Doggie

Based on that guys video you get 3-4 keys an hour right? I doubt I'd ever do that for money just because I'm unlucky and would always get boosters drop lol.

If you do it for a few hours report back with your progress all the same :D

I'm aiming for 10. Already got 4.

nataku

I've got 41 chests I need to farm keys for. So far I've farmed 11.

It's tons easier if you do what he did and have some armor and a staff in your bank, and use the golem to get it. I wouldn't even bother if I was stuck with that mace the entire time.

Don't bother running to the front of the garrison though, go around the back. You can sometimes end up coming across the elemental as it's being killed and save a ton of time.

Also, when using staff and you get the swiftness buff, throw that down before you talk to NPCs. You'll stack 15 seconds of swiftness. Don't do it if you're going to zone, though, as zoning gets rid of it.

Another thing you should do is whisper yourself a link to the Fields Waypoint, Shaemoor Waypoint, and Salma Waypoint. That way you don't have to open your map and scroll to them at all. Saves tons of time.

Zeroth

Is playing with a the controller a better experience?

I haven't played with a controller, but I imagine people who do will say that it is :p I recommend giving it a shot and seeing what you think of it. I know the controller peeps love it though, even if takes a bit to get used to.

I haven't played with a controller, but I imagine people who do will say that it is :p I recommend giving it a shot and seeing what you think of it. I know the controller peeps love it though, even if takes a bit to get used to.
I think it also depends on which class you're using; I'd probably like it with my thief, but hate it with my trapper-ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom