• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icomp

Just did CoF P1-3.

Had no idea what was going on, everyone ran as fast as they could to the boss, killed it and moved on to the next.

I guess this is what it's like in the end-game dungeons :p

Just did CoF P1-3.

Had no idea what was going on, everyone ran as fast as they could to the boss, killed it and moved on to the next.

Use LFG tool and write that you want to go slow and watch all the cutscenes. I am sure you will get like-minded people who won't rush through it.

Moondrop

Banned
Excited about tomorrow's Ready Up! DEM WARRIOR CHANGEZ
I'm nervous, but not because I'm afraid they'll nerf my precious warrior. Of skills I use, I would guess they might only nerf Eviscerate and Pin Down. Hell if anything they may buff mace/shield. I may be able to squeeze in a live viewing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just did CoF P1-3.

I really hope you can play with us one day :/

if you are using the LFG tool, make sure to make your own group and say "First time, good listener :)" or something and you at least won't just get dragged along without any explanation
Either that or ask for Gaf people to help out .
He's stuck in EU-zone ;_;

Icomp

I really hope you can play with us one day :/

if you are using the LFG tool, make sure to make your own group and say "First time, good listener :)" or something and you at least won't just get dragged along without any explanation

He's stuck in EU-zone ;_;

I hope so too!

I was going to transfer, but then I thought about time differences, what events would be like and stuff like that. And to make it "worse", it seems like when I began playing, I reignited a friends urge to play the game. I would get him to transfer with me, but he plays a lot with his younger brother.

I wish they had guesting cross-realms. :|

Slighty off topic but I was wondering if someone could help me... This problem occurs in every game but I'll use GW2 as my example:

If you're wondering why the images are taken from a phone, well because apparently this issue is not caught in screenshots.

Windowed Fullscreen:

UwZ.png
VwZ.png

Fullscreen:

QwZ.png
TwZ.jpg

Not sure how many of you will notice, but in the Fullscreen images, the text and character seem... rounded and almost fading at the edges.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series card, and this issue has been annoying me for a while. Wondering if anyone in the guild is a tech guru and could explain how to fix this...

That almost looks like some driver-forced edge smoothing, but I don't use AMD cards so I couldn't say for certain.

BraXzy

Dell Latitude D620/630? The other one I know of has like a 15" screen so it's way too big to fit the description though it depends on what your definition of tiny screen is.

After googling to find it, it turns out the screen isn't as small as I thought it was, it was the D600, but still :p

Just did CoF P1-3.

Definitely use the LFG tool and either look out for newish player runs or list your own. I'd offer to show you them but I just noticed Hawk's comment that you are on EU servers :(

I hope so too!

I was going to transfer, but then I thought about time differences, what events would be like and stuff like that. And to make it "worse", it seems like when I began playing, I reignited a friends urge to play the game. I would get him to transfer with me, but he plays a lot with his younger brother.

I wish they had guesting cross-realms. :|

Which time zone are you in and what kind of times do you typically play? Specifically at the weekend. I'm an EU player but I don't sleep so it doesn't affect me hehe.

Icomp

Which time zone are you in and what kind of times do you typically play? Specifically at the weekend. I'm an EU player but I don't sleep so it doesn't affect me hehe.

CEST/GMT+2. Maybe it's not that bad? I play around 20:00-24:00, 8-12PM if you prefer. (This is weeks where I have my daughter, every other week I play more)

Anno

Was preparing to fly down to Texas next week to testify at a corporate contract trial and now we've apparently settled. So glad I don't have to spend a week in the middle of nowhere, Texas...

nataku

Slighty off topic but I was wondering if someone could help me... This problem occurs in every game but I'll use GW2 as my example:

If you're wondering why the images are taken from a phone, well because apparently this issue is not caught in screenshots.

Windowed Fullscreen:

UwZ.png
VwZ.png

Fullscreen:

QwZ.png
TwZ.jpg

Not sure how many of you will notice, but in the Fullscreen images, the text and character seem... rounded and almost fading at the edges.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series card, and this issue has been annoying me for a while. Wondering if anyone in the guild is a tech guru and could explain how to fix this...

I'm not sure about AMD cards, but my Nvidia card doesn't do that. The in game FXAA wouldn't affect the UI and text, either, so even if you did use FXAA it wouldn't be the issue.

The SMAA injector does do that to text. I use it for Windowed Fullscreen, because FXAA is an abomination and needs to die a horrible death. Are you using it, or any other injector like sweetFX?

I'm not too sure, honestly. If it was an injector it should do it both in fullscreen and windowed fullscreen, I would think. But the overall effect looks identical to what the SMAA injector does to my UI and text.

BraXzy

CEST/GMT+2. Maybe it's not that bad? I play around 20:00-24:00, 8-12PM if you prefer. (This is weeks where I have my daughter, every other week I play more)

Hmm. I'm GMT, or maybe it's currently classed as GMT+1 with daylight savings. During the daytime the guild is quite quiet obviously due to time difference but the later it gets the more active. You're something like 6 hours ahead of a typical GAF member so you'd be catching folks coming on mid afternoon to early evening, of which there are a fair few. Main guild missions take place on Saturdays at 2am my time which I'm guessing is 3/4am your time which wouldn't be practical, however make up missions are 6 hours earlier on Sundays which I think you could catch, would be 9/10pm. But I'm just guestimating time zone stuff here.

The guild will always have people online at pretty much any hour of the day, it's just weighing up whether it's worth the transfer for you personally.

Was preparing to fly down to Texas next week to testify at a corporate contract trial and now we've apparently settled. So glad I don't have to spend a week in the middle of nowhere, Texas...

I've been to Texas! Brownie points to me for no reason please.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hah, the motherboard really was totally shot. most likely defective (unable to flash BIOS at all). not that I'm gonna try again. should be all computational again tonight anyway :D

Moondrop

Banned
Was it the East District Court aka the notorious patent troll court?

BTW Texas is a nice place in general.

BraXzy

hah, the motherboard really was totally shot. most likely defective (unable to flash BIOS at all). not that I'm gonna try again. should be all computational again tonight anyway :D

Fingers crossed that is the last of your issues! We need our missing leader to complete the trio again.

@Retro/Jira, you guys doing a new thread for the 2nd Anniversary of GW2?

Ooh, what date is it's anniversary?

Even thought I haven't had any sweet, lucky drops in GW2 recently, I just happened to notice that something in my Dota 2 item collection which I traded around £18 worth of stuff for a few months ago, is now worth £90. So as they say in the UK, quids in!

Retro

Stream is live: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

@Retro/Jira, you guys doing a new thread for the 2nd Anniversary of GW2?

Not sure. Last year we kind of pushed ours out early, then they released an Official one, and I think a lot of sites like Time.com / MMORPG / Massively used ours to make a big fuss and when the official one followed shortly after and it was like.... the ship had already sailed.

I asked Rubi if they wanted us to wait so we weren't stepping on their toes (especially since their data would be better), but that was a few months ago and she wasn't sure what their plan was. I suppose I could ask again.

Edit: Oh, a thread? Probably not. The first anniversary was a big deal because the Living Story was something no other major MMO had done before and celebrating that huge glut of content was the objective there. I feel like every time a GW2 thread crops up on gaming side, there's a 50/50 chance it gets flooded with hate.

Ooh, what date is it's anniversary?

Headstart was August 25th, launch was 28th.

Retro

I'm sure someone will have the full notes, but here's what I noticed during the Warrior preview:
  • Warrior Greatsword getting nerfed (100 blades and whirlwind damage down 5%), but Arcing Slice now hits 5 targets in an AOE and causes additional damage to targets below 50% hp.
  • Whirling Axe getting buffed (17% more damage, shorter CD).
  • Rifle auto-attack no longer bleeds, generates more adrenaline.
  • Changes to Adrenaline (now decays as soon as you leave combat, still spent if you miss) and banners (Dash no longer has an attack, now removes crippled and chilled).
  • Signet of Rage boons nerfed, adrenaline generation buffed. Rampage buffed.

Retro

Dat warrior nerfbat.

Been a long time coming and seems fair to me. Arcing Slice sounds much better now too, I never particularly cared for that.

Love the update to Whirling Axe, I use that a lot already.

Some of those trait changes sound good though.

Moondrop

Banned
Wow, they've already run the balance segment (twice).

Thief dagger cleaves! Black powder nerfed QQ! Choking gas unstealths QQ. Sword evasion builds nerfed to require more skill. Thief immobilize GM trait nerfed. Thief increased pistol range, not bad.

Burst skills use adrenaline if they miss and decay faster out of combat; fair enough. Brawler's recovery now removes a condition on swap. GS skills nerfed in damage but burst skill buffed. Boon duration of signet of rage nerfed, but adrenaline gain improved. Warrior rifle AA no longer bleeds. Warrior sword torment duration nerfed. Warrior axe #5 buffed. Mace AA 3rd part quicker (yay). Berserker's stance nerfed in terms of adrenaline gain.

Seeing that Thieves now have cleave, really hoping necros get them too

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2d0av2/upcoming_thiefwarrior_changes/

Here's dulfy's current list of changes

All the changes are now in, apologies for any incorrect stuff in the previous iteration.

Thief

Traits
  • Panic Strike – duration of immobilization too long (5.25s baseline), reduced it to 2.5 s. Reduced the cooldown from 30s to 20s so you will be able to use it more often.
  • Invigorating Precision – Increased from 5% to 8% of your crit dmg returned as health to you.
  • Ricochet – In addition to bouncing your pistol shots, this trait now Increase the range of your pistol shots. From 900m to 1050m range increase. Also some bug fixes to how Ricochet works, it will bounce more reliability.
  • Assasin’s Equilibrium – The amount of stability it grants increased from 1s to 1.5s
  • Venomous Aura – Previously, if you applied venom to an ally, they applied conditions using their own stats. You now will use your own condition stats. Other venoms like Leeching Venoms will use your own healing stat. Basilisk Venom, however, remains as an interrupt through the target you have applied the venom to.
Weapons
  • Dagger Strike/Wild Strike/Lotus Strike now hits up to 2 targets. Previous it only hit 1 target and became difficult for targets with pets etc. The defensive measures on these skills such as endurance gain from Wild Strike will only apply once.
  • Black Powder – interval of the skill increased from 1 to 2s while the duration of the blind applied decreased to 2s. The projectile still applies 2s of blind.
  • Unload – Cast time reduced from 1.75s to 1.5s for overall 20% reduction
  • Choking Gas – has a small strike when impacting the ground. If you are in stealth when this ability hits the ground, you will be revealed.In addition, you will be able to apply on crit procs or your venoms to enemies with this ability.
  • Flanking Strike – Initiative cost of Flanking Strike and Larcenous Strike have had their initiatives costs changed. Flanking cost gone up from 3 to 4 initiative while Larcenous Strike gone down from 2 to 1 initiative cost. Flanking Strike now requires a hit to turn into Larcenous Strike.

Warrior

Adrenaline

We reworked how the adrenaline works. Currently, your adrenaline is only consumed if you hit with your skill (i.e. if you miss with Eviscerate, your adrenaline is not consumed). Now If you miss your adrenaline dump skills, you will lose adrenaline. Additionally, Adrenaline will now decay when you leave combat so it is more beneficial for you to use the adrenaline skills rather than carrying them to the next fight.

Traits

• Rousing Resilience – Giver you up to 8s of bonus toughness, increase from previous 4s.
  • Brawler’s Recovery – Now remove a single condition on weapon swap rather than just blind.
Greatsword
  • 100% blade damage reduced by 5% for the first strike, final strike remains same.
  • Whirlwind Attack also received 5% damage decrease
  • Arcing Slice – This ability is more executioner style, it will deal damage to 5 targets in an area and deal bonus damage to enemies below 50% HP.
Rifle
  • Bleeding Shot – this ability no longer applies Bleed and renamed to Fierce Shot. Fierce Shot has a 20% damage increase and will give extra adrenaline against targets with vulnerability debuff.
Axe
  • Whirling Axe – Axe offhand #5 skill has its damage increased by 17%, cooldown reduced to 15s.
Mace
  • Pulverize – Third strike of your mace autoattack has its cast time reduced by 25%
Sword
  • Impale – This offhand sword skill previous had over 100% upcoming on Torment, we felt this was too much. We have reduced torment duration from 12s to 8s.

Utilities

• Signet of Rage – boon duration of this ability reduced by 5s (might/fury etc will only last for 25s base), adrenaline gain increased by 50%
  • Signet of Might – You now have 6s to deliver unblockable attacks instead of 5 attacks.
  • Berserker Stance – Previous this skill gave just under 5 full bars of Adrenaline which was a lot. Adrenaline gain reduced by 40%, you can only get a full 3 bar of adrenaline.
  • Banners – Sprint ability no longer give an attack, will remove crippled/chilled and sprint a short instance
  • Rampage – We want this elite to make you feel more like a juggernaut when you enter this transform. Reduced the amount of incoming physical damage by 25% meaning that all strikes you take will be reduced. All incoming chilled/crippled/immobilize conditions will be reduced by another 33%. If you have dogged march and this ability you gonna be suffering from almost no movement impairing abilities
    Increased the velocity of Throw Boulder so it is easier for you to stun ranged moving enemies.​

Biggest change to Warriors is def the Adrenaline change

As someone running a tanky Hammer/Mace+Shield Warrior, the reduced cast time for the mace pleases me.

Does anyone think ANet is trying to nerf pure DPS builds in general?

Thorgal

I love how there was a brief moment of silence after he anounced the Adrenaline nerf .

As if he could hear the Millions of warrior mains calling for his head . :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
None of the thief changes affect me other than the dagger autoattack which is a huge buff, black powder which whatever, I once had someone tell me thief was a boring class because of how that skill worked, and Flanking Strike for PvP which was really not being used as intended. I never run Ricochet or Panic Strike and I didn't even know you could use choking gas from stealth :-X

Curious how the changes to Venomshare builds are going to work. It all depends on the scaling I guess whether this was a nerf or a buff if you build for it... I hope the fix Basilisk Venom for PvE regardless.

Biggest change to how I play is a buff to my main damage build! Kindly step to the left Ashodin!

Levyne

Banned
As someone running a tanky Hammer/Mace+Shield Warrior, the reduced cast time for the mace pleases me.

Does anyone think ANet is trying to nerf pure DPS builds in general?

Nah, for Ranger they are buffing GS damage and giving a new +10% damage trait.

Edit: To try not to be misinterpreted, all I mean to say is that the balance changes for rangers was almost entirely favorable for the current crop of dps builds for it. It's not some a crusade against dps in general.

Ashodin

Rekt my prediction of thief doom

Also whirling axe buff make Amanda happy female charr

She'll love the rifle adrenaline boost too!

So the changes on venom sharing interests me. If the players will now use the thief's condition damage, does that mean Guardian virtue of justice burn share will do the same? If so, awesome!

Moondrop

Banned
None of the thief changes affect me other than the dagger autoattack which is a huge buff, black powder which whatever, I once had someone tell me thief was a boring class because of how that skill worked, and Flanking Strike for PvP which was really not being used as intended. I never run Ricochet or Panic Strike and I didn't even know you could use choking gas from stealth :-X
Black Powder is the most deliciously broken thief skill I've found in my two-week thief career. It ruins 5/8 downed states, as well as warriors in general. You'll still be able to use it against downed states, but you'll have to pay more attention against good players.

And c'mon Hawkian, poisoning fools while stealthed is great fun; I was trolling an EotM zerg with this just last night. :p

Edit: that Dulfy list is wrong on Berserker's stance; you get 3 bars of adrenaline post-patch (aka "a full bar").

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Black Powder is the most deliciously broken thief skill I've found in my two-week thief career. It ruins 5/8 downed states, as well as warriors in general. You'll still be able to use it against downed states, but you'll have to pay more attention against good players.
It's a fine nerf, it was even more broken in PvE.

And c'mon Hawkian, poisoning fools while stealthed is great fun; I was trolling an EotM zerg with this just last night. :p
I mean I've literally done this in WvW, I just never realized it wasn't unstealthing me :p probably because I follow up with cluster bomb for area weakness rather than using the stealth skill.

Edit: that Dulfy list is wrong on Berserker's stance; you get 3 bars of adrenaline post-patch (aka "a full bar").

Yeah, I just started a thief a couple weeks ago, and that skill was pretty broken. Dagger Cleaving is awesome though.

That duet is the coolest thing.

Katoki

Yay cleave! I'm okay with the flanking strike change though but will have to actually fight with it to really see how much of a difference having to get that hit in before it switches over to larcenous strike is.

Banner sprint attack removal is excellent too.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm going to get as much EotM trolling as I can in with the old Black Powder before the nerf. Using a fully geared thief against uplevels is so wrong, only a thief can enjoy it. Just cruising about, trying to learn the map, and picking off any unwitting stragglers is much more fun than karma training.

Mxrz

Stealth remains the biggest fun killer. blah.

Warrior mace buff leaves me hopeful guardian mace will be sped up as well. I want mainhand maces to become viable, at least in pve. The GS nerf doesn't mean much to me, switched to DWA months ago and haven't looked back. Not crazy about adren dump on miss. Seems like that'll hit the people learning to pvp warriors more than the guys abusing it.

Moondrop

Banned
Stealth remains the biggest fun killer. blah.
I never had much of a grievance with stealth, and now that I actually play thief I find the criticisms entirely unfounded. Thieves would be grease spots without stealth and there are plenty of counters.

Now watch as this last post of the page stealths away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom