• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurk isn't a leader; he's just the current popular NA prime time zerg commander who is constantly worried about his map queue disappearing if he fails since the sheep are fickle when it comes to failure. The bottom line is that you know we're having issues when even our resident troll guild is putting in work.

I wasn't speaking about Lurk actually. I've never even heard of him before this thread (been a bit since I've wubwub'd). The process of throwing certain matches for better future matchups has been done for awhile.

Katoki

I wasn't speaking about Lurk actually. I've never even heard of him before this thread (been a bit since I've wubwub'd). The process of throwing certain matches for better future matchups has been done for awhile.

The future match up isn't looking much better no matter what we're getting due to SBI being such a target to everyone for some reason.

Morokh

I like your latter suggestion a lot. Keeping the groups even is most helpful IMO. The displaying the healthbars of all bosses thing is the easiest fix to improve it, that at least should've been the case from the beginning.

I made the suggestion about the healthbar on the official forums the other day, adding that the icing on the cake would be to actually have and indication of the number of players in each slice (doubting that it would be actually possible to track properly)

Someone came with a nice idea around that that was to have the health bar, or an icon next to it display a color related to the scaling of the boss (like green if it's fine, orange if it's a bit high, and red for get the hell out !) I really liked it.

It wouldn't solve the problems of the achievement farmers running interferences, but it would at least make it easier to grasp and complete for everyone actually trying to.

I disagree. You have to start somewhere. And this is it.

Oh they certainly have to start somewhere if they want to add more interesting content, but I'm far from convinced that doing it like this is the right way of going about it.

Taco and Wurm, that are similar in their design are fine because as I've already said they're permanent content, meaning that if ANet sees that what they tried did not work as intended, or that the players did not respond to it properly they have the opportunity to adjust that at their leisure, and people can give it another try fairly because it's not going anywhere.

Doing the same with temporary content might seem like a good idea at first, because if it doesn't work, well at least it's not in the game for long right ? but really it's not.

There are always people that will complain, but let's say they patch this event in the coming days to implement the most obvious ideas brought up here, they'll maybe make it possible for some to play this event properly, but they'll also have many people feel rightfully wronged because they took so long in the lifespan of the event to do it.

It's just like adding fuel to the fire and making it harder for themselves as well :p

One neat idea I thought of: if a boss starts scaling too high and there is a dearth of players on the others, the scaled boss gets an ability to bash players away onto other zones (probably just get teleported in practice). That way, scaling tops out and you have players getting the concept of "stop fucking zerging" shoved in their faces.

My idea was for it to put increasing levels of Agony on everyone in a boss's arena once it scales to a certain point. And keep it there until enough people leave or are defeated.

The only server that is probably more hated than SBI is YB, especially by BP.

If we focus YB we will win for sure. BP has lost to CD all the time and you know how much of a pushover CD is.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Any tips for Subject 7? The one in Dulfy doesn't work anymore since the arena seems smaller, and Crack Shot now pierces targets so I can't hit S7 specifically.

Katoki

The only server that is probably more hated than SBI is YB, especially by BP.

If we focus YB we will win for sure. BP has lost to CD all the time and you know how much of a pushover CD is.

Yeah but if BP is going to be a doormat and we already had that one week where it took half a week to even get our hills back.. It'll just be like going against IoJ/CD except more difficult.

We're not doing that bad either.

2602KhN.jpg

I made the suggestion about the healthbar on the official forums the other day, adding that the icing on the cake would be to actually have and indication of the number of players in each slice (doubting that it would be actually possible to track properly)

They already track based on range to define scaling, and its probably based on degrees. All they'd have to do is show the number beside the Boss's lifebar.

An organic way to display this info would be to make the boss's icon border and name change as more players get closer. Do something like Boss (5p)=> Veteran Boss (up to 10p) => Elite Boss (20p) => Champion Boss (40p) => Legendary Boss (variable on 40+p). Add skulls with crossed swords or whatever under the icon. Not sure if the possibility to scale down once a new degree is reached should be there. Probably should, to avoid trolling.

One neat idea I thought of: if a boss starts scaling too high and there is a dearth of players on the others, the scaled boss gets an ability to bash players away onto other zones (probably just get teleported in practice). That way, scaling tops out and you have players getting the concept of "stop fucking zerging" shoved in their faces.

Hahahahha that'd be grand. I'd be fine with them just being punted to the other side of the arena and placed on a downed state. Take the 10sec to analyze the field and reorient.

Why is SBI disliked?

Zeroth

They already track based on range to define scaling, and its probably based on degrees. All they'd have to do is show the number beside the Boss's lifebar.

An organic way to display this info would be to make the boss's icon border and name change as more players get closer. Do something like Boss (5p)=> Veteran Boss (up to 10p) => Elite Boss (20p) => Champion Boss (40p) => Legendary Boss (variable on 40+p). Add skulls with crossed swords or whatever under the icon. Not sure if the possibility to scale down once a new degree is reached should be there. Probably should, to avoid trolling.

Hahahahha that'd be grand. I'd be fine with them just being punted to the other side of the arena and placed on a downed state. Take the 10sec to analyze the field and reorient.

I think the engine doesnt allow mobs to scale down, or at least so I heard

managed to get into a good boss rush yesterday, went three rounds before having to book it to go pick up the wife.

Wow, properly organized, it was fast, easy, and rewarded great. Also much easier to do these on my engineer versus the ranger.

Moondrop

Banned
Any tips for Subject 7? The one in Dulfy doesn't work anymore since the arena seems smaller, and Crack Shot now pierces targets so I can't hit S7 specifically.
Don't take Crack Shot? I did this last night with the best weapons my warrior happened to be carrying- sword/mace and rifle. 6-0-0-6-2 for guaranteed crit on my Killshot and Healing Shouts. I used sword to stack some bleeds (when it didn't cleave others), mace to stack some vulnerability, rifle 5 to position subject 7 away from the others, Killshot for dps, and Healing Shouts to survive all the projectiles. Good luck.

So looks like we will be facing FA and BP.

I think we will end with another 2nd place spot this week.

Going to end like the rest of the season. 2 way tie for 2nd and 3 way tie for 4th. (We should have the highest rating in 4th.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Offseason Event #4 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 5/24 at 8:00PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! We're going to assemble for, coordinate, and run as many Boss Blitzes as possible in the hour before our weekly guild mission frenzy. We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 7:30PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. Our goal isn't to farm this (though we'll certainly go for as many golds as we can by 9:00!) but to do it, and failure is not out of the question. ;) As in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
Hope to see you there!

So looks like we will be facing FA and BP.

I think we will end with another 2nd place spot this week.

Going to end like the rest of the season. 2 way tie for 2nd and 3 way tie for 4th. (We should have the highest rating in 4th.

YB and FA are still sporting only a 3k point difference, so it's still conceivable that we might face YB instead of FA next week.

Thorgal

Offseason Event #4 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 5/23 at 8:00PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! We're going to assemble for, coordinate, and run as many Boss Blitzes as possible in the hour before our weekly guild mission frenzy. We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 7:30PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. Our goal isn't to farm this (though we'll certainly go for as many golds as we can by 9:00!) but to do it, and failure is not out of the question. ;) As in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
Hope to see you there!

I should be able to make it .

Where do we gather ?

Right in front of the pavilion ?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I just realized that there is no world boss fight that happens underwater .
Technically, Rhendak the Crazed is a world boss (with an associated rare daily chest) that you kill underwater. The fight is just not an easy "smash n' grab" because the Flame Temple Tombs puzzle under the Font of Rhand must be completed first. If you've never seen it I'd be happy to take you sometime.
I should be able to make it .

Where do we gather ?

Right in front of the pavilion ?
Gonna be inside, right in the center. We'll need to make sure we're all on the same map (can see our commander tags), so we won't want to gather outside.

BraXzy

Bah, running out of tickets and still can't kill Subject 7 :(

I can't even win the tier 1 fights.

As for the scaling thing, there definitely needs to be some visual representation so people can understand its happening. I thought the most logical thing to do would for the boss to get a buff that stacks every time another player attacks. I don't know how the scaling works but it could say something like gaining 2% extra health/3% more damager per player.

The hwalth bar idea sounds pretty cool and simple though.

To show boss scaling, you could give a visual indication by having the boss glow or increase in size with greater numbers of players. If Boom Boom has 50 players on her, she'll be a towering juggernaut, for example.

If we face FA, good news is that the chances of being 2 vs 1 will be lower. Bad news is that I don't think we will beat them.

FA has been losing a lot of people over the past month and a half, actually - I'm not saying it'll be easy, but I think we actually might have a shot against them.

Honestly, YB and FA are fairly equal in terms of ability right now. I'd rather fight FA, though, as they probably wouldn't care to try and 2v1 SBI.

BraXzy

Why do people think we'll probably get 2v1'd by the servers we are matched up against? Do other servers hate us or something? :L

Thorgal

Technically, Rhendak the Crazed is a world boss (with an associated rare daily chest) that you kill underwater. The fight is just not an easy "smash n' grab" because the Flame Temple Tombs puzzle under the Font of Rhand must be completed first. If you've never seen it I'd be happy to take you sometime.

Gonna be inside, right in the center. We'll need to make sure we're all on the same map (can see our commander tags), so we won't want to gather outside.

Thanks .

Just to be sure :

starting at 8 PM EST means over hear 2AM CEST right ?

i suck at counting time zones difference :p

SirKhalid

FA has been losing a lot of people over the past month and a half, actually - I'm not saying it'll be easy, but I think we actually might have a shot against them.

Honestly, YB and FA are fairly equal in terms of ability right now. I'd rather fight FA, though, as they probably wouldn't care to try and 2v1 SBI.

Yep, me too I would prefer FA.

Why do people think we'll probably get 2v1'd by the servers we are matched up against? Do other servers hate us or something? :L

YB really but really hate us. They even have a guild name something bad with SBI in it. They 2vs1 us in the first season to win and they even made characters on our server to destroy our golems...

BraXzy

YB really but really hate us. They even have a guild name something bad with SBI in it. They 2vs1 us in the first season to win and they even made characters on our server to destroy our golems...

Is there any reason why they hate us?

I won't be able to make the stuff tomorrow, I should be fine for the catch-up stuff Sunday at least!

^^ Dolyak and Sprint. I've won the Sprint one earlier today by sheer luck... Got Aspect Master 2 times out of the gate and got a huge lead lol.

Thorgal

That's correct, sorry it's so late for you :[

No problem it's the weekend and i have nothing to do Next morning morning .

In fact . if i am enjoying myself and depending on what you will do afterwards i might just tag along for guild missions .

Morokh

I can't help but feel that this part is directly aimed towards me and I'm not sure how i'm supposed to take it :p

Don't worry too much when people realize there's a guild organizing the thing they'll be ten times more willing to cooperate.

But as much as I would have loved to give this a fair try and grab some free tickets and tokens that makes it 2 AM for me as well.

Retro

I can't help but feel that this part is directly aimed towards me and I'm not sure how i'm supposed to take it :p

If there's one thing I can say about Hawkian, it's that he doesn't direct things at people as subtle jabs or insults (that would be me) but genuinely wants to make sure everyone knows what to expect and can have a good time.

If there's one thing I can say about Hawkian, it's that he doesn't direct things at people as subtle jabs or insults (that would be me) but genuinely wants to make sure everyone knows what to expect and can have a good time.

Hawkian is probably the meanest person I have ever played with.

FA has been losing a lot of people over the past month and a half, actually .

The attitude on FA, both in WvW and PvE, has been nothing but toxic for a year now. I would have migrated away from FA ages ago, were it more viable for me. The place is the pits. There are a lot of strong personalities in WvW, and even some try hard PVE "Commanders", who've been basically suppressing anyone trying to elevate things out of the miasma they made.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Don't take Crack Shot? I did this last night with the best weapons my warrior happened to be carrying- sword/mace and rifle. 6-0-0-6-2 for guaranteed crit on my Killshot and Healing Shouts. I used sword to stack some bleeds (when it didn't cleave others), mace to stack some vulnerability, rifle 5 to position subject 7 away from the others, Killshot for dps, and Healing Shouts to survive all the projectiles. Good luck.

Hmm I don't have a sword or mace, I guess I can try this one though.

Offseason Event #4 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 5/24 at 8:00PM EDT

Hope to see you there!

I'll try to make it on time.

BraXzy

Whenever Hawk joins my party I get a torrent of abuse, he is such a horrible person!

Kidding! :D

Shiokazu

dat dolyak rush. tried first time today, im not doing so good, gets tricky once you get the thunder part, but after it i think it might be full chill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom