• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can't help but feel that this part is directly aimed towards me and I'm not sure how i'm supposed to take it :p

Don't worry too much when people realize there's a guild organizing the thing they'll be ten times more willing to cooperate.

But as much as I would have loved to give this a fair try and grab some free tickets and tokens that makes it 2 AM for me as well.
It is absolutely not directly aimed toward you nor anyone else in particular that has problems with the way the event is designed. Just expressing that the guild event is a) not mandatory and b) potentially frustrating since it might not go super-smoothly. The first 3 times running Tequatl with SBI in an organized way we failed to varying extents as well, and I know that not everyone present quite enjoyed those experiences the way I did.
If there's one thing I can say about Hawkian, it's that he doesn't direct things at people as subtle jabs or insults (that would be me) but genuinely wants to make sure everyone knows what to expect and can have a good time.
Exactly right. Since it's not the kind of thing we can control even to the extent of a guild mission, I can understand not having the patience for it, and just want everybody to do what's fun for them. If we have to call it quits for missions without having won gold a single time, I'll still have been happy to try, but I know for sure not everyone feels that way and I can't blame them.
Hawkian is probably the meanest person I have ever played with.
Also exactly right.

BraXzy

dat dolyak rush. tried first time today, im not doing so good, gets tricky once you get the thunder part, but after it i think it might be full chill

Once you get the hang of the aspects and the route it's fairly easy. the tricky part is getting down the use of the air aspect and remembering to be patient at the lightning part. I've done it quite a few times and it never gets old.. I kind of wish I'd gone for that Dolyak tonic now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Air aspect is the most frustrating part for me.

Since your move speed determines your mid-air speed, if you tag the trap 2mm's behind the takeoff point, you can't make it to the first platform.

I've found the easiest solution if you get spiked is to use 2 after 1 very quickly to burst yourself forward.

Also, just time the lightning section to miss the wind gusts, and spam 4 to watch out for traps.

BraXzy

Air aspect is the most frustrating part for me.

Since your move speed determines your mid-air speed, if you tag the trap 2mm's behind the takeoff point, you can't make it to the first platform.

I've found the easiest solution if you get spiked is to use 2 after 1 very quickly to burst yourself forward.

Also, just time the lightning section to miss the wind gusts, and spam 4 to watch out for traps.

Just remember to ping your 4 to avoid the traps, they are easy enough to avoid. The way I do the air aspect is to press 1, wait till it starts shooting up, and then move forward mid-air. Otherwise, either because it's buggy, or because of my ping, it usually decides to wait till I've walked off the edge.

The worst part is when you are trying to get to a really hard to reach crystal, nearly get there and realise you run out of aspect charges -.-

Granadier

Just remember to ping your 4 to avoid the traps, they are easy enough to avoid. The way I do the air aspect is to press 1, wait till it starts shooting up, and then move forward mid-air. Otherwise, either because it's buggy, or because of my ping, it usually decides to wait till I've walked off the edge.

The worst part is when you are trying to get to a really hard to reach crystal, nearly get there and realise you run out of aspect charges -.-

Dealing with this right now while getting my last 2 masters.

edit: Done!!

Mesmer portal = infinite charges :)

Mesmer portal = cheating!

BraXzy

Dealing with this right now while getting my last 2 masters.

edit: Done!!

Congrats, it's quite a good feeling to get them all isn't it?

Mesmer portal = infinite charges :)

That's all well and good when you have a Mesmer with you or you have one of your own. I'm a Thief so only got that privilege when partied with a Mesmer for a couple of them, thanks for your ports Imogen :D

Morokh

So they're going to increase the rewards for the blitz including the bronze one, that's exactly the one that shouldn't be touched -_-
People will continue to play in a stupid way and they'll get more rewards than currently ...

Granadier

"...a good amount of time..."

Seems like they want to reassure players that there will be time to get the rewards, but they have more announcements in the future and can't say how long yet.

Retro

Went to see Godzilla again. Still good. <3

After that comment I am not expecting LS2 till end of June :,-(

If they stick to the calendar, June 3rd would be two weeks, June 17th would be four, July 1st would be 6. They've never had content sit live for more than a month, so I'm thinking June 17th, with some kind of small update on the 3rd.

Ashodin

Went to see Godzilla again. Still good. <3

If they stick to the calendar, June 3rd would be two weeks, June 17th would be four, July 1st would be 6. They've never had content sit live for more than a month, so I'm thinking June 17th, with some kind of small update on the 3rd.

godzillascream3w6jef.gif

They makin' another one.

Retro

As long as they don't change the design due to Japanese fans:

Japan has no right to complain. The suit from GMK: All-Out Attack is one tubby fuckin' reptile;

It looks worse in motion where those thighs and belly just jiggle like crazy. I actually kinda like that suit anyways, but the 2014 isn't that tubby looking.

Ashodin

Japan has no right to complain. The suit from GMK: All-Out Attack is one tubby fuckin' reptile;

It looks worse in motion where those thighs and belly just jiggle like crazy. I actually kinda like that suit anyways, but the 2014 isn't that tubby looking.

Amanda made the comment that his face when looking directly straight on looked kinda simian, and I think that made it even more crazy.
Dat nuclear breath doe, when his tail started lighting up my FACE started lighting up

Anyway enough OT

BraXzy

vSq5sde.jpg

It's such a ridiculous thing to complain about. It's certainly different to the more T-Rex design of the 98 film but who cares? That comic strip is pretty good though!

I got my first Exotic out of an Embroidered Purse thingy! Yay! It's unusable by my class though -.-

Edit: Let me try that again, without the dumb attitude.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fighting Liandri as an Engineer? I'm trying to avoid going out and buying all Dire armour just for this one fight, but it seems like without a super-focus on conditions, the only other option is Zerk for pure damage during Phase 2 and hope nothing touches you?

I get through Phase 1 fine enough, though for some reason the black phantoms will sometimes instakill me even though they're still two character widths away from me?

During Phase 2 I start doing damage, but the constant cripple is pretty hard to mitigate, healing turret can only cleanse every 10 seconds. I could go pure HGH elixir, I guess, but my damage output is still way too low to make it in time.

Retro

Amanda made the comment that his face when looking directly straight on looked kinda simian, and I think that made it even more crazy.
Dat nuclear breath doe, when his tail started lighting up my FACE started lighting up

I think it's more bear than monkey, at least in the face and the way it fights (very much a grappler and a biter, in the old Godzilla movies there was punching and kicking and "wrestling", so this feels like the more animalistic approach to that). I think anyone leveling that Godzilla looks silly is just nitpicking. I don't even mind the 1998 design beyond the fact that he was too small (actually, he changed size so much in that movie, one of many complaints) and didn't use his breath. Different directors have different takes on things, even at Toho (where there have been over a dozen different designs), it's like complaining that Batman's ears are too short.

Anyways, regarding the spoiler'd bit
I had to suppress a joyful giggle both times. Even Meg noted that I chuckled a bit whenever something badass happened. Because there's something about seeing what you loved when you were 6 years old amplified times a thousand.

And yeah, probably enough off-topic.

BraXzy

OyNWvJ1.png

T6 mats for tokens, wow.

What're T6 mats? Should I buy them?

Yay for better Boss Blitz rewards, even though it makes bronze a heck of a lot better and less of a step down from gold. It kinda takes away the accomplishment of earning gold a little I'd say.

Katoki

Too bad. The new reward for failing is just shy of the old gold reward so the zergers don't really lose out on much. The guys working gold on the other end look like they got the short stick because of the precedent.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
This makes Boss Blitz more tingling.

vSq5sde.jpg

tbqh it's not really "whole" Japanese fans, much like how apparently Kotaku is reporting "Ike is a gorilla according to Japanese fans" even though that's not the case.

Too bad. The new reward for failing is just shy of the old gold reward so the zergers don't really lose out on much. The guys working gold on the other end look like they got the short stick because of the precedent.

On the contrary, Harlowe's Tequatl stomp group organized tonight to get gold easily by splitting people onto six commander tags. The unique aspect about this farm is that it's basically immediately repeatable; Harlowe and Friends are chaining Gold Reward farming over and over and it's probably the most efficient gathering of champ bags ever in Guild Wars 2 with this organized group, since there's no forced timer between starting the event over and over. (Everyone just chips in 10s per 'Go' and it's off to the races).

I just got a Favor of the Pavilion from a Gold Reward too.

If you have an organized group that gets this done in <5 minutes, then you're talking about an astounding amount of champ loot + tokens + tickets (lol?) in any decent chunk of time.

Arcteryx

:/

1057 Gauntlet Tickets...no Chaos of Lyssa recipe yet.

2hyc3ywjpgrsu89.gif

Can't believe they're worried about Blitz rewards(seriously, it's not hard to gold the event and the rewards were fine before) and haven't addressed something that is obviously bugged.

On the contrary, Harlowe's Tequatl stomp group organized tonight to get gold easily by splitting people onto six commander tags. The unique aspect about this farm is that it's basically immediately repeatable; Harlowe and Friends are chaining Gold Reward farming over and over and it's probably the most efficient gathering of champ bags ever in Guild Wars 2 with this organized group, since there's no forced timer between starting the event over and over. (Everyone just chips in 10s per 'Go' and it's off to the races).

If you have an organized group that gets this done in <5 minutes, then you're talking about an astounding amount of champ loot + tokens + tickets (lol?) in any decent chunk of time.

Yep. Everyone complains about Queensdale being removed, yet this farm is quite good. It just takes people doing something other than spamming 1111111 all day.

And yea, the repeatability is insane: we had it on farm status all afternoon on BG today. There was hardly more than a couple minutes of downtime.

Katoki

I'm saying the people still putting in the effort get a bit more while the guys sitting for 45 minutes not trying get a much upgraded reward.

Jira

I don't understand how all of these pictures of me ended up on the internet or where you guys found them.

Moondrop

Banned
Does anyone have any suggestions on fighting Liandri as an Engineer? I'm trying to avoid going out and buying all Dire armour just for this one fight, but it seems like without a super-focus on conditions, the only other option is Zerk for pure damage during Phase 2 and hope nothing touches you?

I get through Phase 1 fine enough, though for some reason the black phantoms will sometimes instakill me even though they're still two character widths away from me?

During Phase 2 I start doing damage, but the constant cripple is pretty hard to mitigate, healing turret can only cleanse every 10 seconds. I could go pure HGH elixir, I guess, but my damage output is still way too low to make it in time.
You probably shouldn't listen to me as I haven't beaten Liadri yet. Nevertheless I would say:
- Condition over direct damage. DoTs let you focus on kiting. Bomb kit maybe?
- You could try some combination of Leg Mod trait/Melandru runes/Lemongrass food to help your mobility

Morokh

The important part being on the 'IF'.

I just realized myself that If I rarely see any group trying to organize it must certainly be because I don't play during US prime time hours, which as this thread seems to show is when there is a way to do this event (every time I wake up and read this thread there's at least one person claiming they were able to do it properly)

Outside of that seems like people just have accepted that they'll only get Bronze (cause it's actually the only free source of Tickets), but now that on top of that bronze got a little better .... all hope is lost lol.

BraXzy

Got my panda tonight!

Congrats! That's a better screenshot that the one I took so I won't bother posting it.

I still haven't been in a Boss Blitz that has been organized well enough to get above bronze. When someone finds one, fire up the bat signal for me.

Thorgal

Congrats! That's a better screenshot that the one I took so I won't bother posting it.

I still haven't been in a Boss Blitz that has been organized well enough to get above bronze. When someone finds one, fire up the bat signal for me.

The guild is going to the blitz at 8PM est today so that sounds like your best bet to join in .

Thorgal

On another note

Today i was pondering something : what is the rarest weapon in the game in terms of chance to drop % ?

I think i found it :

Final rest

Drops from the demonic chest after beating SB .
Drop chance : 0.05 %.

Obviously it is much easier to just buy one on the trading post for 5 gold now.

Anyone know what the rarest intem is in the game .Period ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom