• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Cross-posting this overlay from r/guildwars2 since I think it would be very useful.

QpGhwsT.jpg

ic1tbLP.jpg

KgkhKOK.jpg

ARwAQAL.jpg

lOpRA6U.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2drawa/introducing_the_gw2_personal_assistant_overlay/

https://gw2pao.codeplex.com/

Chris Cleary said:
I've gone ahead and taken a look at this (source code and traffic). In its current iteration, I see nothing here that violates the proper API usage policy.

However users should be careful with the usage of the Web Browser, as both the storage of cache and cookie information is not secure and persists through sessions. Unlike most standard browsers, Awesomium (the browser that is being used), does not have more than basic protection against browser based web vulnerabilities.

As with any 3rd party program, use at your own risk. ArenaNet cannot sign off usage of 3rd party programs, as projects often evolve beyond their current implementation and we cannot audit every iteration for fair usage.

All that being said, some solid work here.

Tip: You might want to consider throtttling down your match_details API call (1/5s would be sufficient rather than 2/1s)

Katoki

Wow. Actual ETAs on locations whereas we used to estimate our arrival times back then for forces that had to hold a position until people arrived.

Thorgal

greetings from the beach. Gaf.

out of curiosity. why use Mumble in the first place and not simply use Ts for missions and other guild activities ?

Katoki

Part of it is because the host is already loaded with money for the service for whatever amount of time is still on it as of right now.

BraXzy

i missed him :X

I missed Braxzy.

Why thank you guys, I missed ya'll too. Spirit, I thought we were friends </3

Cross-posting this overlay from r/guildwars2 since I think it would be very useful.

https://gw2pao.codeplex.com/

Wow that seems pretty awesome. I might grab this for the world boss overlay but I wouldn't want to go overboard. I can vaguely remember WoW screenspace after mod overlays and.. yeah.

I managed to burn microwavable popcorn last night, I was really disappointed :(

1upmuffin

Can I have an invite to the GAF guild? My username is oneupmuffin.7914

Me and my friend got the game a few days ago and have been really enjoying it so far. I had been thinking about getting it for awhile and I'm glad I finally did.

I'm currently playing a level 22 guardian on Ferguson's Crossing (I have a few friends on that server, otherwise I would have chose the one GAF uses most).

Can I have an invite to the GAF guild? My username is oneupmuffin.7914

Me and my friend got the game a few days ago and have been really enjoying it so far. I had been thinking about getting it for awhile and I'm glad I finally did.

I'm currently playing a level 22 guardian on Ferguson's Crossing (I have a few friends on that server, otherwise I would have chose the one GAF uses most).

Invite sent.

Make sure to represent the guild, by going into the Guild Window (G) and clicking "represent".

Since you are in an NA server you can pretty much do everything with us because of Megaservers except for World vs World.

Also if you want your friend to join us as well just post their character name here and we can get them in. Friends and Family of GAF members are always welcome.

KPJZKC

So I just picked this up because of the sale, and I'm wondering about servers. It's asking me to choose my initial home server, and it seems like EU and NA are both in the list - I'm in Ireland, and it would be great to play with gaffers but not sure I want to be tied to NA if the connection is poor for me :(

What do I do GAF?

So I'm trying to use this overlay, and it looks really awesome, but whenever I have it on, GW2's framerate drops in half. I think it's a setting somewhere, because the same things happens whenever anything "pops up", like a Skype notification. Anyone have any idea?

So I just picked this up because of the sale, and I'm wondering about servers. It's asking me to choose my initial home server, and it seems like EU and NA are both in the list - I'm in Ireland, and it would be great to play with gaffers but not sure I want to be tied to NA if the connection is poor for me :(

What do I do GAF?

Try the NA server for a little while. You should be able to tell from early on if it is too laggy. You can delete your character(s) and move to an EU server for free if it turns out to be an issue.

KPJZKC

Try the NA server for a little while. You should be able to tell from early on if it is too laggy. You can delete your character(s) and move to an EU server for free if it turns out to be an issue.

Ah, so it's characters that have to be transferred for a fee, rather than account? That's good to know.

So I'm trying to use this overlay, and it looks really awesome, but whenever I have it on, GW2's framerate drops in half. I think it's a setting somewhere, because the same things happens whenever anything "pops up", like a Skype notification. Anyone have any idea?

Do you have Windows Aero on or off? I think it works better with Aero on, as most overlays use it's blending calls.

Ah, so it's characters that have to be transferred for a fee, rather than account? That's good to know.

Incorrect. Accounts are transferred in their entirety, not characters. You pick a home server, and then all characters are made on it - if you pay to transfer servers (a single fee, the price of which varies depending on the population of the server you want to transfer to), it moves all your characters.

But if you delete all your characters, you can choose a new home realm for free. So, if you want to just try the lag on an NA server (which should be okay, we have many EU and non-NA people playing on SBI), pick SBI, roll a character, play for a bit. If you find it's not to your taste, then you can delete the fresh character and pick an EU server. But if you do, you cannot play with GAF (EU and NA are separated, it's the only separation there is. People from all EU servers can play together, people from all NA servers can play together).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Part of it is because the host is already loaded with money for the service for whatever amount of time is still on it as of right now.
I prefer the mumble client personally, and we also want to be able to have multiple rooms, access restrictions, channels for other games, etc. We could do this with our own ts server instead of mumble, but the issues are with the host not the client.
do we even have any moderation powers in the sbi gaf channel?

Overlay looks kinda interesting, I may give it a shot.

hope to be home for makeups, my aunt just needed RAM reseated on her motherboard, but then it started raining in unprecedented quantities which has slowed me down.

Welcome to all our new members!

1upmuffin

Invite sent.

Make sure to represent the guild, by going into the Guild Window (G) and clicking "represent".

Since you are in an NA server you can pretty much do everything with us because of Megaservers except for World vs World.

Also if you want your friend to join us as well just post their character name here and we can get them in. Friends and Family of GAF members are always welcome.

Thanks for the invite!

Slightly disappointed at the ending of the latest Living Story episode,
since the Shadow looks like a re-skin of Tequatl/Blightghast. That face
near the beginning of the cutscene was cool, though.

Zeroth

Slightly disappointed at the ending of the latest Living Story episode,
since the Shadow looks like a re-skin of Tequatl/Blightghast. That face
near the beginning of the cutscene was cool, though.

It's actually a nice callback to
the boss at the Sylvari tutorial mission

Katoki

I prefer the mumble client personally, and we also want to be able to have multiple rooms, access restrictions, channels for other games, etc. We could do this with our own ts server instead of mumble, but the issues are with the host not the client.
do we even have any moderation powers in the sbi gaf channel?

Zed has some power for the TS now from what I saw. I don't know what that entails since I've never had it before. Outside of that, this is why I said part of it is because the current host is already paid for.

Retro

Makeups starting a little late due to Taco and some PC issues, but if folks need their commendations, come and get em!

BraXzy

So I've given the overlay a quick go, and while it is pretty handy and is well made, I have a few issues with it.

My main issues are due to how it has to work which isn't really something that can be solved. Since it is an overlay it is permanently on screen, through load screens, on the map, when alt tabbed. Which is kinda irritating. When interacting with any of them, it puts GW2 into the background so the audio cuts and whatnot which isn't that big an issue but a little thing. The other thing is the fact I can't, as far as I know, resize the boxes along the X axis so I am stuck with the width. Maybe there's a text file somewhere I could edit but still.

On the positive side, it does do a good job at everything else. The World Boss events lists each world boss and shows how long there is left for it to pop, plus it gives a little notification bottom right when a boss is about to pop so that you don't miss it. Both it and the dungeons have check boxes you can tick off to keep track of similar to many timer sites. And then there is the world completion box that shows you how far you are from the various nearest hearts/poi's, again, with checkboxes.

Complistic

Dat final living story mission.

This arc of the living story feels tailor made for sylvari characters. So epic.

You know that monster you dreamed about before you were actually born? Yeah, it's now trying to kill you for reals. Have fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
more armor sets outside of the gem store is definitely something that needs to happen. preferable with a new full dungeon :D

BraXzy

Leyline dungeon. Believe.

That would be preeeetty cool.

Is anyone else hoping for a stealth release of some sort of special event? I know September 9th isn't that far away, but having nothing but the story episode and I guess Dry Top to keep us going for a month is a bit of shame.

Lunar15

That would be preeeetty cool.

Is anyone else hoping for a stealth release of some sort of special event? I know September 9th isn't that far away, but having nothing but the story episode and I guess Dry Top to keep us going for a month is a bit of shame.

They need the time in order to keep the content quality high.

Plus, we've got feature update, so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom