• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being old school console gamers, make you better players?

1 vs 1, right now!

Yeah - PC gamers are all quicksave quicksave quickload quicksave. ;)

Real men finish a game in one sitting, no battery backup, no checkpoints.

I can't go back to those days, I'm no 8 anymore.

This interview had a lot of "not at this time", "don't think that is something in in the nearby future", "technically thats possible but.."

But you know what - I like that. I like that honesty when a developer has a vision and a plan. Because otherwise I feel a developer will be pulled in 30 different directions from 30 different sub communities wanting to move the game in so many directions that nothing gets done well.

If SAB world 1 and 2 ever returns, I would try and give it another chance. See if we could hook up some GAF runs for those of us who are really struggling. navigation / platforming and all that. But I am totally on board that making a world 3 would deviate from the living world.

Here is another question;

Season 1 added back into the story journal? Would that be possible? would that require a long time or would it be possible to all the public events from flame and frost with all the way up to Marionette in instanced form?

They said Marionette will be a fractal, but is Marionette such a fun 6-way entire map world boss that it perhaps deserves a physical reincarnation with another model/enemy faction/story attached to it? same mechanic, same everything, just a different enemy and scenario - perhaps a dredge mechanical boss, an inquest golem or something like that!

The thing is to me that it seems like many of season 1 living stories could be combined to one episode. The very first living stories had very little going on. I vaguely remember updated npcs, finding some heirlooms for refugees and fixing some tracks.

Then there was something about dredge-flame legion the northern shiverpeaks.
I am wondering if a remix of season 1 added to the story journal is worth its time. If it would be easy or time consuming or what not.

I am personally of the opinion though, that if anything deserves a rework, it's Arah Story. I feel that dungeon deserves to be re-tuned for pacing and I think the last part of the battle deserves a re-work. But then again, this might take a long time. I have 3 characters who have done their personal story up to Arah story, but havent done them.

It seems to be down intermittently these days, Ferny and I kept missing each other on Steam yesterday, but he said he had some news. Will keep you guys posted. It is up now, though.

On one hand, yay, we get to see cool stuff that's coming and get excited about it.

On the other, the developers are frustrated that incomplete work that isn't meant to be seen publicly (and not just armor, Living Story details too, see Marjory's apparent death last season), things that are meant for China (the whole VIP access people lost their shit over), things that should be surprises or aren't actually going to happen (like the school outfits / bikinis). Then the community, who takes even a datamined item code as a "Promise from the Devs", whines about things not being implemented yet when there was never any intention to implement them at all.

I imagine if there was some way to keep that sort of unfinished stuff out of the builds, they would since this has been an ongoing problem. I actually wish they would start trolling the dataminers by slipping in models and data for things that couldn't possibly exist. Have somebody make really rough models of flying cars, or put in data for items that suggest a new "Owlsmith" crafting profession that just makes owl statues out of wood and metal.

Unfortunately, there's no way for the community to stop datamining. Even That_Shaman, who is usually pretty respectful when it comes to major spoilers, has dropped a fair amount of info that shouldn't have been released. For every miner who knows not to post crap like that, there's 3 who don't care and just want Reddit Karma or whatever.

Very true. Excitement gets the better of us!!

Yeah - PC gamers are all quicksave quicksave quickload quicksave. ;)

Real men finish a game in one sitting, no battery backup, no checkpoints.

I can't go back to those days, I'm no 8 anymore.

Ahh, the days of the supper time save...aka, pause the game, run off to eat as fast as possible, come back and continue.

I want tengu

Everyone wants tengu but with the way the living story is going I do not see any place for them to introduce them until we get rid of Mordremoth. Right now we have no idea if that will be in one season, 2 seasons or more.

I guess they could include them in a "feature pack" but I hope not because I think using the living story would be the best way to introduce a new race.

And when Tengu are released, all you'll see, everywhere, for months, are Tengu. Other races will cease to exist. Like the great DK / Worgen / Goblin eras of WoW. :p

"Finally, we’ll be addressing the Tornado and Fiery Greatsword elite skills; we’ll make some usability improvements and tone down some of their unintended functionality."

FGS finally getting the nerf it's needed?

BraXzy

Data mining is a bit of a shame really. It's like spoiling the surprise of a present before it's even wrapped.

I do agree that they should be considered as spoilers and not freely posted here though. I saw the armour over at Reddit myself but thought better of posting it, it doesn't really bother me but I'm sure it does for some.

Anno

Nice to see books getting some love, though I'm still ehhhh on anything that replaces my weapons. Speaking of, hopefully the poor shield will finally get some attention, but it doesn't seem like it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Callunah and Zeroth have both asked me about doing an Aetherpath run this week and I think Ike is in too. We would need one more I guess. Does Wednesday night (8:00PM eastern) work for you guys?

sounds like the stuff affecting me most I didn't know about yet will be the ele changes (FGS stuff is overdue but I use Glyphs on one of my build and the Storm buffs will be nice) and Mesmer scepter being "pushed more toward the condition role," which is how I use it currently, so that sounds fine by me. I hope that does not involve changing how into the void works as it's one of the coolest skills in the game. Reserving judgment on Mantras. We'll see about the Mimic skill, in certain dungeon runs that could be great for my inspiration build, but it's probably mostly intended for pvp.

Callunah and Zeroth have both asked me about doing an Aetherpath run this week and I think Ike is in too. We would need one more I guess. Does Wednesday night (8:00PM eastern) work for you guys?

I'm in. But I've never done Aetherpath so if you want someone with experience, well, that aint me.

I'll try to make myself available so maybe we can get 2 or more runs going. Not guaranteeing but we shall see.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

sounds like the stuff affecting me most I didn't know about yet will be the ele changes (FGS stuff is overdue but I use Glyphs on one of my build and the Storm buffs will be nice) and Mesmer scepter being "pushed more toward the condition role," which is how I use it currently, so that sounds fine by me. I hope that does not involve changing how into the void works as it's one of the coolest skills in the game. Reserving judgment on Mantras. We'll see about the Mimic skill, in certain dungeon runs that could be great for my inspiration build, but it's probably mostly intended for pvp.

You gave me a heart attack here and I reread the paragraph over and over to see if it was mentioned.

Honestly, that move is the source of my Mesmer fun. So useful.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You gave me a heart attack here and I reread the paragraph over and over to see if it was mentioned.

Honestly, that move is the source of my Mesmer fun. So useful.
I don't know what I was thinking. The changes mentioned were to Scepter, I thought of my Scepter/Focus build, and then got scared about a Focus skill -_- It wasn't mentioned and won't be changed.

Moondrop

Banned
Not thrilled with this balance post:
- Ele elite changes sound like they'll be made even more worthless.
- Engi gadget changes don't sound like buffs to my WvW build.
- Mesmer scepter less effective with power builds.

Gothos

Nice to see books getting some love, though I'm still ehhhh on anything that replaces my weapons. Speaking of, hopefully the poor shield will finally get some attention, but it doesn't seem like it.

Yea, I really don't like the whole concept of removing my weapon and giving me some flimsy book, pfff.... It's the only area of Guardian that annoys me. Oh, and as you said, shitty Shield skills.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Welp, time to remove the FGS utility

And when Tengu are released, all you'll see, everywhere, for months, are Tengu. Other races will cease to exist. Like the great DK / Worgen / Goblin eras of WoW. :p

Tengu take over tyria

Callunah

Neo Member

sure.. but if you get more people than needed... i can wait for another time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Aw but you actually asked first so I say you get dibs! We might wind up with enough for 2 groups anyway if Kos is telling the troof.

That's Wednesday 8:00PM eastern peeps, no event/race this time, just show up if you want a run of the Aetherpath in TA, bring your completed Aetherkeys!

@ Tengu; Aren't you guys worried about the clipping issues and the extra rework of armors and armors not being compatible? If people are unsatisfied with Charr/Asura/Sylvari then I wonder what a feather based armor overhaul for all the existing armors in the game will mean.

BraXzy

Since I didn't actually know what Tengu were, I just googled them. Anet, gief Tengu!

They look awesome. And they live behind this? I saw this wall when exploring and wondered what was behind it.

800px-Dominion_of_Winds.jpg

Ashodin

My hyped balance changes: fgs nerf for the tears and lulz

Spirit weapon and tome pass HYPEDDDDDDDDDD

Mesmer mantra hype holy Shit that's my build

Moondrop

Banned
It's fair to find schadenfreude regarding FGS nerfs for PvE speed running. But there's nothing funny about how terrible elementalist elites are in PvP/WvW, especially if they nerf tornado-buffed tomato storms as hinted.

Time for more testing on D-Series golem. Norn eles master race. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Since I didn't actually know what Tengu were, I just googled them. Anet, gief Tengu!

They look awesome. And they live behind this? I saw this wall when exploring and wondered what was behind it.

The Dominion of Winds. Another wall is on the west edge of Lion's Arch.

Obviously, I am in favor of as much Tengu as we can get,

Ugh at the FGS nerf.

My handsome, intelligent, charming, rich, super-strong Elementalist has been downgraded to a handsome, intelligent, charming, rich, strong Elementalist. D:

I was making a condition damage build for pve with my engineer but then I realised that I was dealing way too much damage and agrooing the mobs very often and getting downed very often as the result. Is like a tankier build for engineer something playable?

BraXzy

I am actually surprised how civil this place is compared to reddit after that interview. It was a terrible interview.

SAB better fucking come back... I even got one of them unlimited tokens. :(

I love how these two came one after the other.

I haven't been keeping an eye on the Reddit stuff, which bit are they going mental over? The lack of SAB or the vague as always information on Precursors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom